PDA

View Full Version : Any Mods can answer this Q

Asurmen Spec Op
14-02-05, 02:11
Is this an Exploit:

I get my 10/10 apu(dont have a monk but just for say) and I get him say 40SL, I go into P1 and I start attacking, Tank A. Now tank A kills me because I keep attacking him. he gets yellow SL, I come back and do it again he kills me, he gets red, my frien oh say Eric C comes and kills him and nabs his belt.
Is that an exploit?
seams awful close if not exactly acording to the definition

enigma_b17
14-02-05, 02:14
well ur not allowed to mention names, or discuss exploits so i dunno, theyll probably close this lol

Asurmen Spec Op
14-02-05, 02:15
well ur not allowed to mention names, or discuss exploits so i dunno, theyll probably close this lol names? my RL friend who plays name is Eric last name starts with a C
and plus they say it themselves look in UPS thread.
and unless they say its an exploit im not discussing, its openly admited in forum I could give ya 10links

enigma_b17
14-02-05, 02:16
o thought u were sayin somed else, nvm then, and i spose technically u r rite :P

NeoDriver
14-02-05, 02:42
i shouldnt think so as you are not doing anything where people cant hit you but you can hit them. or gaining an unfair advantage over anyone. so i shouldnt think it is an exploit

Lexxuk
14-02-05, 02:48
Its an annoying feature. Tank A however should have gone up and punched a guard causing Tank A to die, Tank A would not pop implants, Monk A however would suddenly have yellow soul light and be fair game for several Con levels ;)

Jesterthegreat
14-02-05, 02:49
i shouldnt think so as you are not doing anything where people cant hit you but you can hit them. or gaining an unfair advantage over anyone. so i shouldnt think it is an exploit

and no one has to kill the little 10/10 apu...

hell an apu with medikits could prolly outheal it...

:edit: @ above indeed. you can always beat them at their own game (though i wonder if guard punching is still a nono and if its considered the same as attacking copbots in NC1 was)

Tantta
14-02-05, 02:54
lemme ask this, is it an exploid if you kill a trade skiller with a poison like this.

apu comes there, gives me a poison stacks and synchs to sewer.. no sl lose at all gg

Lexxuk
14-02-05, 03:02
lemme ask this, is it an exploid if you kill a trade skiller with a poison like this.

apu comes there, gives me a poison stacks and synchs to sewer.. no sl lose at all gg

No, as far as I can remember when you zone, pos damage stops working, unless they changed that again.

@ Jester - I think that was cause the gaurds would just kill anyone standing around, dont know if the guards in P1 attack people at random, only shot them in Beta to see how long it would take for me to die, which i didnt even with a DB on heheh

Jesterthegreat
14-02-05, 03:04
No, as far as I can remember when you zone, pos damage stops working, unless they changed that again.

did last time some pro city "good guy" decided to try to ally kill my tradeskiller.

he ended up so eager he hit me with LOADS of stacks cos one or 2 didnt seem to work...

needless to say he got red SL and a belt hack for his troubles

:edit: did stop i mean

:edit2: @ above - i agree... but unless kk state it i wouldnt advise it :D

Asurmen Spec Op
14-02-05, 03:10
i shouldnt think so as you are not doing anything where people cant hit you but you can hit them. or gaining an unfair advantage over anyone. so i shouldnt think it is an exploit acually you are, see if they attack you while you were hacking, bam you loose SL and are free game for ganking and hacking

and lets say it was a APU with PSI attack 2 then what? or a tank with a CS?
the guard attacking is an exploit I think I belive I heard something

Jesterthegreat
14-02-05, 04:26
acually you are, see if they attack you while you were hacking, bam you loose SL and are free game for ganking and hacking

and lets say it was a APU with PSI attack 2 then what? or a tank with a CS?
the guard attacking is an exploit I think I belive I heard something

so... having high sl andattacking someone with low SL is an exploit as the high sl char doesnt lose SL?

Asurmen Spec Op
14-02-05, 04:30
so... having high sl andattacking someone with low SL is an exploit as the high sl char doesnt lose SL? no, lets say you get a guy try to kill me, knowing full well that I will try to fight back, you die and I loose SL, you kill me on your alt/friend and hack my belt.

Jesterthegreat
14-02-05, 05:00
no, lets say you get a guy try to kill me, knowing full well that I will try to fight back, you die and I loose SL, you kill me on your alt/friend and hack my belt.

i c... its an exploit to log an alt after dieing...

Asurmen Spec Op
14-02-05, 05:26
i c... its an exploit to log an alt after dieing... O_O no... thats not what I said

You attack some one for the perpose of them atacking you to get them low SL so you can gank en and nab their belts

Plus I wanna hear it from a mod

sultana
14-02-05, 06:17
O_O no... thats not what I said

You attack some one for the perpose of them atacking you to get them low SL so you can gank en and nab their belts

Plus I wanna hear it from a mod
Some might call it responding to allied killing in the right way?

as in, a person who has killed an ally, then gets killed themselves.

Asurmen Spec Op
14-02-05, 07:22
Some might call it responding to allied killing in the right way?

as in, a person who has killed an ally, then gets killed themselves. inded, if the person who attacked acually was trying to kill and not perpousfully to get your SL red

E. Cryton
14-02-05, 10:32
u dont need a mod to answer this question.
its not an exploit.

Jesterthegreat
14-02-05, 10:54
you think its a exploit for me to attack you...but not kill you?

yours really clutching at straws. you may disagree with it... but actually think about it. the steps of what you are currentlywhining about.

1. runner a attacks you (no exploit)
2. runner a is killed in self defence (no exploit)
3. runner a logs runner b (no exploit)
4. runner b kills you (no exploit)
5. runner b los runner c (no exploit)
6. runner c hacks belt (no exploit)

so... wheres the possible exploit?

Marantz Trial
14-02-05, 11:21
What he is asking is if using the soul light system to gain an advantage over the tank to make him drop more and overall gain more items from him is an exploit...well heres a simple answer

No I do not think this is an exploit, though it is frowned upon by many and thought of as quite cheep there is no bannable offence here. The only way you could be exploiting is by getting a guard to kill him by the old exploit (now fixed mind you) of punching a guard, zoning and the guard attacking all hostile people in the zone, but this has been fixed two ways, one by not making the guard attack all hostilles after being punched (NC1 patch) and two making the guard flatten any hostiles anyway (NC2) :lol:

So the answer to your question is no, it is not an exploit to do this but I warn you that if you are doing it to allies, you will get a very very bad rep in NC \ DoY (depending on your fraction)

:lol:

E. Cryton
14-02-05, 11:58
you think its a exploit for me to attack you...but not kill you?

yours really clutching at straws. you may disagree with it... but actually think about it. the steps of what you are currentlywhining about.

i mean ... its just ... its lame... and ....yea.... unfair ... ALLY PK

Dribble Joy
14-02-05, 13:07
Logging alts to take revenge is just.... ugh.

Regarding the SL problem with logging an alt, look at it like this.

Player A kills Player B, Player B kills Player A and looses a lot of SL, Player A's Alt (with high SL) then ganks Player B and takes his booty.
A tad dodgy, but now replace the Player A's alt with a clan member of Player A with high SL. Not so dodgy.

In some respects you ARE avoiding SL/symp loss.
Not so much an exploit, just dishonourable and very lame.

Say what you will about keeping characters independant of each other, but people don't and won't.
I would support one char servers, but we know what happened to pluto (and the fact that most people had second and even third accounts).

Jesterthegreat
14-02-05, 13:09
In some respects you ARE avoiding SL/symp loss.
Not so much an exploit, just dishonourable and very lame.

killing low SL runners avoids SL loss... and thats huntin criminals for the good of the city...

dishonourable then too?

:edit:

perspective plays a big part in it.

if your stupid enough to get low sl expect to be attacked

Dribble Joy
14-02-05, 13:13
I am getting confused.
Think I quoted the wrong bit.

Isn't this about letting yourself get killed so that they loose SL, then logging to a char to gank them because of their low SL?

Think that's what I was rambling about....

Jesterthegreat
14-02-05, 13:14
I am getting confused.
Think I quoted the wrong bit.

Isn't this about letting yourself get killed so that they loose SL, then logging to a char to gank them because of their low SL?

Think that's what I was rambling about....

im commeting on he "avoiding symp / SL loss" bit.

killing low SL criminals is doing the same thing...

sultana
15-02-05, 07:46
Another thing is, if you are being attacked by someone and you don't want to be killed by them/kill them, then go to a safezone, there's more then enough of them around nc. You said you were in PP Asurmen, then zone into the subway, problem solved.

Heavyporker
15-02-05, 18:37
You're going about it the wrong way.

Purposefully forcing someone to get low SL in the first place (abusing SL mechanics for personal gain - the SL system right now does not recognize self-defense) so you can get their possessions - Gets into very messy grounds in regards of exploits.

Someone is not automatically a criminal just because they have low SL.

aKe`cj
15-02-05, 18:48
since it is very easy to regain SL with the current missions given, I wouldnt regard it as a severe action... after the first SL hit the "defender" should know better and not let his SL drop anywhere too low.http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/rolleyes.gif
Both issues are all but pleasing (loosing SL in that way // being able to to regain positive SL within a minute).. and since KK even "announced" they treat the issue as a possible theme-weeks candidate... they seem to think the same way..

Original monk
15-02-05, 19:42
Logging alts to take revenge is just.... ugh

sorry that i rip this little thingie out of he's context but i yust wanted to say that it isnt that ... ugh :)

to make it easy and not name names i gonna use myself as an example

when a runner for example a tangent spy kills my for example TG traderspy called "originaltrader" ... laughs at me that he killed me, sexes my corpse and directs me that he thinks of emself he made a nice kill ... yust to paint a situation, yust to give an (extreme) example... then next time i see that runner nomather on wich alt he is, nomather on wich alt i am ... i gonna keel em lol

i dont kill the character itself that is playing (that has nomather what faction) ... i kill the char of a person wich is sitting behind he's computer ...

so if i meet that same person again (the one that killed me about 10 minutes before) and we accidentaly are of the same faction then i aint gonna walk around em roleplaying he's my allie of a same faction .. nono lol, he's the same bastarddog that killed me 10 minutes before so nomather what i aint leaving before he's flat on he's back facing the lovely sky where he's going to :)

with all the factionitems etc youre practically forced to have chars in many diffrent factions (i aint the one that gonna yell WTB PSIPA or SPYPA for a whole night on trade) so ya gotta understand that killing a runner also one of an "enemy" faction can have consequences for all youre chars ... neocron is a small world you see :)

this hasnt got alot to do with roleplaying or F6 , i know ... you yust wonna get sweet revenge on said person .. where only yust humans behind a PC right . thats atleast one good thing i learned on saturn :)

ffcourse im not yustifying alliedkilling in the true sence of the word here ... ffcourse i dont talk alot of good about alliedkillers that yust PK allied and do some missions cause they dont happen to be in the mood to look for some enemy's and prefer some easy kills who are green to em ..

this being obvious you still gotta think first and shoot later :) instead of the other way around

but yeah alliedkilling isnt correct on itself ... this is sumthing quite new tough, on saturn, uranus and pluto the alliedPKing wasnt that much of a problem to be honest, or atleast i didnt noticed it alot ... but yeah, you cant compare the safezone's, factions and PP to what it is now ..

Carbonite
15-02-05, 20:34
Is this an Exploit:

I get my 10/10 apu(dont have a monk but just for say) and I get him say 40SL, I go into P1 and I start attacking, Tank A. Now tank A kills me because I keep attacking him. he gets yellow SL, I come back and do it again he kills me, he gets red, my frien oh say Eric C comes and kills him and nabs his belt.
Is that an exploit?
seams awful close if not exactly acording to the definition

Its a tricky one this one :p

I really see this as a Teamwork.. firstly the tank has the option to turn away and not hit you (i know, i know, he is hitting you thus you have to hit back)
I cannot honestly say that this is a exploit, so the answer to your question is no its not a exploit.. (atleast not untill it changes :p )

also said in other words... Quoted off someone who do not wishes to get the nick posted

life's hard, that's the moral of the story
either kill them or don't

Jesterthegreat
15-02-05, 21:50
Its a tricky one this one :p

I really see this as a Teamwork.. firstly the tank has the option to turn away and not hit you (i know, i know, he is hitting you thus you have to hit back)
I cannot honestly say that this is a exploit, so the answer to your question is no its not a exploit.. (atleast not untill it changes :p )

also said in other words... Quoted off someone who do not wishes to get the nick posted

aye. theres nothing done that (for example) "ruins your gameplay" anymore than an enemy killing you while your rrunning to TH.

infact an enemy killing you while you travel the map is more annoying as you lose an item, the chance to tag gr's and die... and of course you dont have a choice to just not die.

you can always refuse to fight back... run, zone, gr, out heal...