PDA

View Full Version : Runspeed REVEALED !!!!

Bugs Gunny
13-02-05, 13:23
Ok.

Since i have seen so many weird things with runspeed, i decided to do some testing.

From previous experiences i had noticed that some of my chars would SHOOT up gravlifts and some would crawl. This was not related to free load, runspeed, or character level.

I also noticed HC tanks run faster than a HC pe with more points in runspeed, and the difference was huge.

I've seen people with a cannon out run faster.

So since i own a couple of accounts and several comps i tried this out by myself. I have tried the chars that run fast on several comps to eliminate the FPS factor etc.....

Conclusion: The runspeed of you char is not only dependant on your ath and agil points. There's some other BUGGED factor in there. If you want a fast running char, make a new char, make him use the gravlift, if he shoots up keep him, if he crawls delete him and start over.
I have a char that has a total of 120 in runspeed that outruns a HC pe with 230+ easilty.

KK, try explaining this......

QuakCow
13-02-05, 13:33
freaking wierd. hrm...i guess it kinda makes sense, or...not. wierd none the less

Penguin
13-02-05, 13:34
Exploit :P lol

Uho
13-02-05, 13:35
No wonder imalways last on grav lifts :P
kk i would like to have an answer to this.

ive been asking ppl how they cheat to get past me on gravlifts even they jump in when im in halfway.

does this mean i need to screw my capped ppu and start all overagain to make that wonder happen?

Dribble Joy
13-02-05, 13:36
Conclusion: The runspeed of you char is not only dependant on your ath and agil points. There's some other BUGGED factor in there.
Not new news, no. (ph34r my Ns)

FPS is a factor, just like it used to be for vehicles way back when.

I did some testing a while ago at Tescom, I had a race with a tank with far far more agl/atl than me and we ran from the GR towards the OP and then back again.
His system was worse than mine and I won the race to the OP, where the fps was low.
Back up to the GR house and he won.

As for the gravlift thing, dunno.
Ping, fps and other factors can all play a part.
Ever noticed when you follow someone and they seem to be moving really slow? But then they suddenly jump forward? They are running at the same speed, but lag/ping/whatever is making them appear to be moveing slower, then the server gets an update and they get set to where they should be.

Mr Kot
13-02-05, 14:04
If you want a fast running char, make a new char, make him use the gravlift, if he shoots up keep him, if he crawls delete him and start over.

Damn, NOW u tell me :p after i got one fully capped char and two capped in their main skills :mad:

Anyway, i've noticed another little "tweak" thats possible in gravlifts. If u want to go faster in there, open your RPOS. Your speed increases noticably.

@(0'_'0)@
13-02-05, 14:04
I wish ppl wouldn't post crap like this which people can exploit. KK aren't gonna do anything about it.

Pungent77
13-02-05, 15:19
I wish ppl wouldn't post crap like this which people can exploit. KK aren't gonna do anything about it.
There was no exploit discussed here

nobby
13-02-05, 15:24
just truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth....

Terkantia
13-02-05, 15:52
YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!

opps . .

wrong movie, soz

@(0'_'0)@
13-02-05, 16:16
There was no exploit discussed here
If it were true then people who make a new char until they got a fast one. They would then have an unfair advantage over other players....

-Demon-
13-02-05, 16:17

Please stop posting your crap assumsions as well then, no exploits here bub!
The grav lift thing has been around ages, probably a FPS thing as it cuts a layer of processing or something, out when the RPOS is opened...any nub knows this trick and really doesn't give you any real advantage.

Of things are going to be different in NC2 as the gfx processing finally moved off the CPU...

KK do alot about exploits...thing is we don't always see them at work unless it's like the couple of mass banning actions which have been a result of KK logging cheaters/explioters.

If it were true then people who make a new char until they got a fast one. They would then have an unfair advantage over other players....

If this has only been tested in grav lifts then I don't really beleive it...grav lifts as detailed above have some wierd effects in game at the best of times, interesting topic but I cannot for the life of me think how this would happen and not be noticed. I doubt the char creation formulas and stats have changed from nc1 to nc2.

@(0'_'0)@
13-02-05, 17:27
Please stop posting your crap assumsions as well then, no exploits here bub!
The grav lift thing has been around ages, probably a FPS thing as it cuts a layer of processing or something, out when the RPOS is opened...any nub knows this trick and really doesn't give you any real advantage.

I never said it was true. Never said it was false. Just said that it is a bad idea to post possible exploits in a forum as aposed to PMing KK about it. [ edited ]

Bugs Gunny
13-02-05, 18:55
It's NOT fps, as i've tested the chars on different computers ranging from BAD to high end.

I've also checked if it was just on the character's screen or from other person's view. Same thing.

And the only thing the fast chars had in common were fast gravlift speed.

Tostino
13-02-05, 18:59
Well I wish i had known that 4 days ago before i made my spy and lvled him to 89 int/dex. Not likely I will rerole him now.

Kid Icarus
13-02-05, 22:22
I would have to agree. Me and my brother have identical characters and live in the same house with seperate modems and I move much faster than him in Lifts and running in general while his computer has over twice the FPS Power that my computer has.

Epic-Q
13-02-05, 23:55
In the past, there has been some sort of similar discussion/speculation regarding con-setup(s) and resists in general ... I don't feel like digging up the threads right now, but to somewhat sum it up ... due to the fact that with the exactly same con-setup, armor and so on, different characters were taking different damage some people thought they tracked it down to some sort of "random factor" - just what you are suggesting with the runspeed - the most interesting theory i remember was that the patch level when you created the character somehow mattered ... there were other interesting ideas too ... a lot like the thing with runspeed you suggest now really ...

and well, what do I think about it? I think it's true (and it's really a shame) that there is something set, when you create the character, some random factor, whatever, ... I just like speculating, in fact, I love it :D

Ministry
14-02-05, 00:05
im not 100% sure about the grav lift thing, i move slow in the lift but more like lightning on my tank, cant remember what my run speed stats are tho

Xian
14-02-05, 00:56
I really don't believe FPS is related to runspeed. I get terrible FPS compared to a friend of mine and his tank still far outpaced mine when both were used on this computer (5-60 fps), his (60-100), or another persons.

Oh, and I was the one with more athletics/agility - only slightly though.

Dr Strange
14-02-05, 01:11
IMO, a tweak of client interpolation with the server is much needed for those of us with mid to low fps. 70 ath/98 agl and a 0/2 noob alt can out run me in some places like CC or TH only cause they get more frames ;\ Granted it is the whole fps meets mmorpg thing which means your fps is basically your fighting chance in a battle, for smaller things such as movement they could make it less demanding a factor

Ministry
14-02-05, 01:23
IMO, a tweak of client interpolation with the server is much needed for those of us with mid to low fps. 70 ath/98 agl and a 0/2 noob alt can out run me in some places like CC or TH only cause they get more frames ;\ Granted it is the whole fps meets mmorpg thing which means your fps is basically your fighting chance in a battle, for smaller things such as movement they could make it less demanding a factor
lol yup it can suck having bad FPS at times, while your chuging along you can be getting owned and can do nothing about it

oh and please dont fire rare plasma weapons inmy presence i get lag from it :lol:

Brammers
14-02-05, 01:52
It's NOT fps, as i've tested the chars on different computers ranging from BAD to high end.

It is. Open a window up when going up a gravlift and spot the difference.

Dr Strange
14-02-05, 02:01
l
oh and please dont fire rare plasma weapons inmy presence i get lag from it :lol:

oh yea ;o

one thing i hate about oping/raiding/pvping is any plasma weapon (usually HC cannon of some sort) goes off theres a split second of just pure frozen fps lag, then it resumes back to normal. even as a ppu that split second could mean death :(

Xian
14-02-05, 02:22
It is. Open a window up when going up a gravlift and spot the difference.

Then how does that explain what I posted above? Two nearly identical characters on PCs with low and high fps get the same runspeed, I've tested with more than just two characters too.

I fail to see how fps has anything to do with runspeed whatsoever.

Bugs Gunny
14-02-05, 07:58
Then how does that explain what I posted above? Two nearly identical characters on PCs with low and high fps get the same runspeed, I've tested with more than just two characters too.

I fail to see how fps has anything to do with runspeed whatsoever.

My point exactly, as that's exactly what i did too. Use two comps, look at speed on own screen and on other, then swap computers.

jernau
14-02-05, 11:43
I doubt the char creation formulas and stats have changed from nc1 to nc2.
Why would you assume that?

@Bugs - Did you test with the same graphics settings and resolution on all the systems? We've known forever that the RPOS effects these things so it's reasonable to suggest other elements of the UI do as well. For all we know the size of the chat box could be a factor.

Bugs Gunny
14-02-05, 11:56
System 1: mobile amd@2.6ghz, 1gb ram, msi 6800 128mb
1.24*768 DX7 setting (for better performance and range)

system 2: amd 2400+, 768mb , geforce2mx400 64mb (yes this card works good for nc), 1024*768 DX7 settings.