PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Green Models

Jesterthegreat
13-02-05, 02:14
woohoo... i love aiming now...

Odin
13-02-05, 02:17
Were already on it trying to get ahold of the guys.

Tantta
13-02-05, 02:23
Yeah we was playing nf and i saw about atleast 5 guys with the greenman over their head.

Thantos

Dr Strange
13-02-05, 02:24
I shall name my green man, Wally

Rogue Arson
13-02-05, 02:32
Ya know, If I had to have another man on top of me, I wouldn't have picked a green one :(

Morganth
13-02-05, 02:39
Some people in game have NC1 skins on their player models.

If everyone gets the right NC1 skins, I'd say leave it, lol.

nobby
13-02-05, 02:40
what's become of our lovely server?

and new camo armour sighted?

Tantta
13-02-05, 02:41
http://koti.mbnet.fi/thantos/Kuvia/shot0260%20kopio.jpg

O_o
now how cool is that?

Ascension
13-02-05, 02:55
I HAVE ONE TWO, his names Descent :lol: being as tho the Real descent has been deleted :p

eprodigy
13-02-05, 03:36
yup my chars have green models on their heads now, including the one who had his hair (created after xmas).... fun fun

rollback to when it was only bugged once ? O_o

Morganth
13-02-05, 03:39
yup my chars have green models on their heads now, including the one who had his hair (created after xmas).... fun fun

rollback to when it was only bugged once ? O_o

Nah, I think KK have to hit the "UnFuck" button on the server.

BRING BACK ROKWEAR! WITH A HAIRDRESSER!

And:

/set terra_unbork 1
/set terra_vets 1

enigma_b17
13-02-05, 03:43
1....2....3....4.... i declare a green man war!!

a4nic8er
13-02-05, 03:47
Happened about 00:40 GMT I think....

Client locked up ... had to Alt+Tab and 'End Task' it. Rebooted and all 4 chars on account had;

1. Only a shadow on "Registered Citizens" login screen
2. Changed sex from male to female in details of same screen
3. Relocated about 500 metres from where I logged out
4. A green man on their head (or got one when they GRd)

All those chars were created after the last gfx glitch.

eprodigy
13-02-05, 03:50
yeah i had 3 chars from before the previous xmas bug that were already shadows, and one that was showing on the login screen since hes new. i logged in and saw him become a shadow.. i dont think im allowed to repeat the thought that came into my head on this forum...

THE_TICK!!!!
13-02-05, 03:54
wont let me back ingame now

Jesterthegreat
13-02-05, 03:54
wont let me back ingame now

meh... i just logged to sleep so i dunno :p

Tantta
13-02-05, 03:57
*smells a rollback*

sorry i had to say it :lol:

Kopaka
13-02-05, 03:58
looks like the devil is watching over ur head as ur PKing

imAchair
13-02-05, 05:22
do do do do green giant

Tostino
13-02-05, 06:23
Well if there is a role back I wont lose any thing :lol:. It's a up side to my comp being fucked.

Morganth
13-02-05, 07:10
Well if there is a role back I wont lose any thing :lol:. It's a up side to my comp being fucked.

Ditto:

MxO > NC2 < NC1

Skusty
13-02-05, 11:24
BooHoo! I got one of those Green thing on my apus head BOOHOO!!! FUCKING DO SOMETHING!!!! :p

Ascension
13-02-05, 11:45
Lol, I wont lose anything but dog-tags :p I only log on to fight, everything else about the game has lost all appeal :rolleyes:

Epic-Q
13-02-05, 12:05
well, freaky ...

*smells a rollback*

Yeah, but to what date are they going to roll back? The models were already fucked up since christmas, before this "green man on your head" stuff happend last night ... so rollback to before christmas 2004 finally before the original corruption happened?

Toilet-Duck
13-02-05, 12:25
well, freaky ...

Yeah, but to what date are they going to roll back? The models were already fucked up since christmas, before this "green man on your head" stuff happend last night ... so rollback to before christmas 2004 finally before the original corruption happened?

I will 100% be leaving NC if this is the case...

Nidhogg
13-02-05, 12:27
Don't be thinking about rollbacks - remember what happened last time. An announcement will be made when we have more information.

N

netster
13-02-05, 14:11
omg .... i need to kill all green guys >_<
€dit : not even the fu giant mechturtle on my melee's head ... now this shi* ... wtf are u guys doing??

Luther Wolfe
13-02-05, 14:16
Can we not have NC1 avarters (you know...the cool ones) :D

Instead of the these blowup cartoons of gayness we have to suffer now ? :mad:

Kopaka
13-02-05, 14:22
I will 100% be leaving NC if this is the case...

byebye nice knowing u

[TgR]KILLER
13-02-05, 14:25
yesterday gred to cyc in an op war ( din't know) so i died while waiting for a rezz i saw more and more people with green people on their heads :p even chars that were normal before.. when i logged off hours later my ppu din't have a green dude standing on her tho.. maybe my other chars do but haven't logged them in since..

smells really like the old cmaxx bug din't play then so can't really know how that was but the char gxf went tits up then and they are doing it again now :wtf: as long as there aint a roleback i'm good to busy leveling my ppu don't wanna do it over :p

btw roleback before xmax = fucked i din't have my account active then lol everything i'v done the ds i got ( can't get it again person i got it from left for personal reasons ) crahn glove cash my whole ppu loads of uber spells.. etc..

anyway lets just trust niddy and hope they can just fix the chars -_-

@(0'_'0)@
13-02-05, 14:54
Don't be thinking about rollbacks - remember what happened last time. An announcement will be made when we have more information.

N
I remember what happened last time. Just log ingame and see what was done about it.

-Demon-
13-02-05, 16:27

N

Yup I do know...nothing happened for about a week or 2. We were then told wait until the next patch to fix the hair

Still waiting....

Oh sorry it's ok they are working on item tracking for real this time O_o so int release has the features listed on the box.

Oh well...

naimex
13-02-05, 16:48
im not blue anymore :(

and my noclip is gone too...

now im neongreen with blue overlay in a weird pattern. o_O

TWOK
13-02-05, 16:59
Fubar :mad: Tried logging one of my chars, to see the typical model bugs. But on another (which I logged off in TH) I FRE immediately after logging in, tried 20+ times. Guess he has some super funky deformity thats crashing my client...hmm.

N3v3rM0r3
13-02-05, 17:29
-.-

N3v3rM0r3

landofcake
13-02-05, 18:12
Well, looks like mine is a bit shafted.

Screenshots of my login screen and all my characters:

Login Screen: http://www.aouv68.dsl.pipex.com/brokenNC1.jpg

Tank: http://www.aouv68.dsl.pipex.com/brokenNC3.jpg

Monk: http://www.aouv68.dsl.pipex.com/brokenNC4.jpg

Pistol PE: http://www.aouv68.dsl.pipex.com/brokenNC5.jpg

And of course, the one i found the most hilarious, my Melee PE:

http://www.aouv68.dsl.pipex.com/brokenNC2.jpg

and bear in mind that i upgraded after Christmas so i haven't had any of the bugs from prior to the new year.

RogerRamjet
13-02-05, 18:43
That last piccie IS from The Thing.

MkVenner
13-02-05, 18:45
i was just standing in PP and this guy just appears, out of no where...

and all the guys i have access too have green men without PA on

garyu69
13-02-05, 18:50
Shame you can't beat people up with the green men.

short video (http://www.garyu69.com/uploads/green%20men.avi) 6.5mb

Bugs Gunny
13-02-05, 18:57
I can see KK's "The database is NOT bugged!" get into the history books along with : "Read my lips, NO NEW TAXES" and "I had NO sexual relations with ms lewinsky!"

:D

Selendor
13-02-05, 22:06
Neocron 2 is turning into a big joke really. I'm embarassed for the developers. :(

msdong
13-02-05, 22:42
i was just standing in PP and this guy just appears, out of no where......

maybbe stealth spy :D

i had a few of them in MB too

Transformer
13-02-05, 22:53
i was just standing in PP and this guy just appears, out of no where...

and all the guys i have access too have green men without PA on
or GM's floating by with the bug on them^^ thatd be intresting.

Redburn
14-02-05, 15:17
Well all my runners have a green man on top of them now :mad:

poelzi
14-02-05, 16:16
Something i discovered:

The green man disappeares in stealth.

My Barter got a NC1 male skin, how good she has enough int to wear the holo PA. PA on and off and she was normal again, except the hair. So, the information is not lost. I guess its something like a cache corruction somewhere.

kindly regards
poelzi

Obsidian X
14-02-05, 16:21
I'm thinking its all caused by a radiation leak from RoKKwear terminals. After all, you can't create those awful pink pants and turqoise tops at character creation, but you could change your clothes to (ghastly) colours using an outfitter. Maybe its a sign that RoKKwear is nearly ready..? :p

landofcake
14-02-05, 16:23
I'm thinking its all caused by a radiation leak from RoKKwear terminals. After all, you can't create those awful pink pants and turqoise tops at character creation, but you could change your clothes to (ghastly) colours using an outfitter. Maybe its a sign that RoKKwear is nearly ready..? :p

I'm not entirely sure if being able to change the shades of your clothes is what i'd call 'ready'
;)

Obsidian X
14-02-05, 16:24
I'm not entirely sure if being able to change the shades of your clothes is what i'd call 'ready'
;)

Good point, especially those pink pants. 8|

BradSTL
14-02-05, 17:33
I'm just dying to hear an explanation of why it keeps being Terra server that has these kinds of problems.

Jesterthegreat
14-02-05, 18:49
I'm just dying to hear an explanation of why it keeps being Terra server that has these kinds of problems.

dunno... if i saidthey tried stuff out o nthe english server before the german servers i would be edited...

so i wont...

:angel:

MkVenner
14-02-05, 19:24
dunno... if i saidthey tried stuff out o nthe english server before the german servers i would be edited...

so i wont...

:angel:
nah, the unavenged ghosts of Saturn and Uranus haunt the Terra server

nothing a good priest cant sort out...

get that guy in from the exorcist, he should do

Jesterthegreat
14-02-05, 19:43
the unavenged ghosts of Saturn and Uranus haunt the Terra server

you mean... the old english servers? :p

El Jimben
14-02-05, 19:59
Saturn = Terra

For KK to still maintain otherwise is total bullshit tbh.

N3v3rM0r3
14-02-05, 20:26
so..... can we play or will be a rollback?

N3v3rM0r3

Zheo
14-02-05, 20:29
Were already on it trying to get ahold of the guys.

What about all the other problems at least fivty five people are experniencying?

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1762813#post1762813

Help desk are taking there sweet time getting back to me with any kind of up date, infact all they've said is re-install. which i've done twice, I just emailed them the reply from my ISP stating it's nothing to do with them as they have looked into the matter and my connection is GOOD!

If you ask me these problems seem to stem from my computer or copy of NC trying to download my character status from the server. I think the server is either kicking me out, getting the wrong information or the information is currupt. It would be nice to get to talk to a Suppot Techie via MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, IRC, or on the phone to discuss this as I had one or two ideas but since i've been waiting for a reply to my last few emails for about 3 or 4 days now im kinda losing hope and paitence.

Zheo

Nidhogg
14-02-05, 20:30
Saturn = Terra

For KK to still maintain otherwise is total bullshit tbh.
Saturn != Terra. No bullshit.

About the only thing I can think of is that the problem stems from maintaining many clients that are physically far from the servers. Higher latency on many transactions might have something to do with this problem which doesn't occur when the majority of users are only a a few hundred miles away. Codi's looking into it.

N

Jesterthegreat
14-02-05, 22:27
What about all the other problems at least fivty five people are experniencying?

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1762813#post1762813

Help desk are taking there sweet time getting back to me with any kind of up date, infact all they've said is re-install. which i've done twice, I just emailed them the reply from my ISP stating it's nothing to do with them as they have looked into the matter and my connection is GOOD!

If you ask me these problems seem to stem from my computer or copy of NC trying to download my character status from the server. I think the server is either kicking me out, getting the wrong information or the information is currupt. It would be nice to get to talk to a Suppot Techie via MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, IRC, or on the phone to discuss this as I had one or two ideas but since i've been waiting for a reply to my last few emails for about 3 or 4 days now im kinda losing hope and paitence.

Zheo

helpdesk said you were ally PK'd cos of your ISP?

or did you post the wrong link? O_o

Seven
15-02-05, 04:14
You'll never die alone!

King_Boa
15-02-05, 05:06
:confused: yeah we all have green guys on are head in my clan :(
and lots of pink pants and no hair :rolleyes:

BradSTL
15-02-05, 08:00
One data point that may point to a cause and a cure - the night this happened, I was having really out of control problems logging in, the same "can't get sync" problem. Whatever maintenance task that was, I think you may need to schedule it more frequently.

Selendor
15-02-05, 12:50
Saturn != Terra. No bullshit.

About the only thing I can think of is that the problem stems from maintaining many clients that are physically far from the servers. Higher latency on many transactions might have something to do with this problem which doesn't occur when the majority of users are only a a few hundred miles away. Codi's looking into it.

N

Fair idea, although hasn't this problem happened twice and on a particular date and time? Its not been a slow spread of curruption, everyone just logged in one day and had green PEs on their heads. If it was a particular time you can trace it to, can you then relate that to another event (such as server maintenance, network blip, 00:00 time reset etc)?

By the way, this has to be the most embarassing thing to happen to KK for at least a month or so, other games communities would be laughing into their keyboards if Neocron was more widely known.

Original monk
15-02-05, 13:02
other games communities would be laughing into their keyboards if Neocron was more widely known.

hehe :D

ok we need a quickfix for this lol, pvping is hell with a green PE on youre head ... its the hair right ??? the green person is youre hair am i correct ??

then why dont they patch the hats in ? problem solved ... everyone running around with a hat and no green PE's around anymore :)

when ya put on PA or stealth it dissapears ... cause youre hair dissapears ... then yust bring in hats/accesoires so people can put something else on there head instead of a PE

half of my chars dont use PA, its extremely annoying the green thing on youre head ... a little nice spider or wee crab ok ... but not a green PE :/

Ascension
15-02-05, 13:48
hehe :D

ok we need a quickfix for this lol, pvping is hell with a green PE on youre head ... its the hair right ??? the green person is youre hair am i correct ??

then why dont they patch the hats in ? problem solved ... everyone running around with a hat and no green PE's around anymore :)

when ya put on PA or stealth it dissapears ... cause youre hair dissapears ... then yust bring in hats/accesoires so people can put something else on there head instead of a PE

half of my chars dont use PA, its extremely annoying the green thing on youre head ... a little nice spider or wee crab ok ... but not a green PE :/
does your FPS decreased when that stupid PE is in view? Mine sometimes severerly decreases when it starts flashing like a beacon :(

Bugs Gunny
15-02-05, 14:09
My god, make everyone bald as a quick fix pls, i just don't play half my chars no, due to the green man being in my third person aiming reticle.

Mr Kot
15-02-05, 14:11
And to add insult to injury, all my chars have undergone a sex change! :(

After hiccup #1, they were all Male PEs according to the login screen, now they're all female PSI monks.

:(

BradSTL
15-02-05, 14:12
You're not wrong about how freakish this is, and how urgent it is that this gets at least worked around before the boxes hit the shelves. We do get new people back in here every day, I can tell from listening to the help channel, and this bug is embarrassing me.

At the very least, why can't somebody code a simple database query that retrieves every character record where the value for haircut model is out of the legal range for that value and set it to the default?

Original monk
15-02-05, 14:13
i dunno the exact fps but i didnt noticed any diffrence in system performance with that green guy on my head :) (luckely)

altough i didnt check the fps itself yet to be honest

but euh on my monk i use 3th person alot and it gets quite irritating after a while to have that green thing in youre sight constantly :/

+ its kinda hard to hide with that giant green marker on youre head telling everyone around: HEY here i am ! follow the green PE sticking out :)

aquacoder
15-02-05, 14:21
Perhaps the values are ok, but the assets database with all that model stuff is corrupted and the relations are no longer fitting to the "hair ids". Like an ID shift or something. But why the new chars got hair ? It's crazy.
I would quick fix it to no hair. Better than to have weired stuff on my head.

And my chars had also a sex change on the login screen :(

Momo Katzius
15-02-05, 14:26
Perhaps the values are ok, but the assets database with all that model stuff is corrupted and the relations are no longer fitting to the "hair ids". Like an ID shift or something. But why the new chars got hair ? It's crazy.
I would quick fix it to no hair. Better than to have weired stuff on my head.

And my chars had also a sex change on the login screen :(
You wonder why new chars get it? Perhaps because of the fact, that the server has to know your hair type. Then It sends this data to your client and the other clients. If there is a bug in the Infomation Distribition System (middleware), then the wrong infomations gets send in both dirctions. To the client and to the database.

Luther Wolfe
15-02-05, 14:37
Its nothing to do with hair, one of my characters was rolled just last week with no facial hair at all... now he has a green guy glued on his head :mad:

aquacoder
15-02-05, 15:03
One friend of mine had on his char no hair. He gots no greeny on his head now.
It's really hard to guess with no information at all what is going wrong on Terra all the time. But a simple quick fix would be nice. Just to find the wrong relations and fix em. Till the next crash at least... :(

Momo Katzius
15-02-05, 15:13
Its nothing to do with hair, one of my characters was rolled just last week with no facial hair at all... now he has a green guy glued on his head :mad:
Look at the images posted in the thread: Every bugged char has no hair, but a green guy atop the head. So why this should be an issue NOT related to the hair? If KK made also a non-ploygon hair modell to make the code more konsitent, then we are not smarter than before.

Also: There is no char modell with hair AND green guy, so one more fact for a possible hair bug.

Original monk
15-02-05, 15:16
Also: There is no char modell with hair AND green guy, so one more fact for a possible hair bug.

indeed, if there was a guy with hair AND a green guy he would be bugged :p

aquacoder
15-02-05, 15:21
You are damn right :cool:

Momo Katzius
15-02-05, 15:31
Correct me, I got my conclusion only from the pics, because I only play on Mars, if I'm wrong. But I play that damn game since September 9th 2002 and so my head can imagine some bugs very well. This bugs effect shows very well. :D

GIJ0e
15-02-05, 15:37
this thread is either a fine example of the spirit of mankind, or a telling example of its stupidity.

i have yet to decide.

Original monk
15-02-05, 16:14
this thread is either a fine example of the spirit of mankind, or a telling example of its stupidity.

i have yet to decide.

always go for the last one and ya can never be wrong :p

Nidhogg
15-02-05, 16:29
Fair idea, although hasn't this problem happened twice and on a particular date and time? Its not been a slow spread of curruption, everyone just logged in one day and had green PEs on their heads.It might only take one single bad transaction to cause widespread corruption. Anyone who's programmed SQL knows what can happen if you forget a WHERE clause.

By the way, this has to be the most embarassing thing to happen to KK for at least a month or so, other games communities would be laughing into their keyboards if Neocron was more widely known.
I don't think it's quite as funny as a ship carrying a bunch of people simply disappearing and dumping everyon into the drink, and then the server not knowing what to do so deciding to crash, but yeah, it's not exactly desired behaviour.

N

enigma_b17
15-02-05, 16:50
I don't think it's quite as funny as a ship carrying a bunch of people simply disappearing and dumping everyon into the drink

U mean like when u zone in a DoY Carrier Glider thing and u crash and fall to the ground ? :P

Durandal|AI
15-02-05, 17:11
I checked Holo-Pas yesterday to see if that would rid me of the green man. No such luck, i guess since the PAs just give you different skins (with hair).

Dribble Joy
15-02-05, 17:14
PA is a complete model swap, so it's not subject to the same things as the regular ones.

Durandal|AI
15-02-05, 17:16
Heh was still worth a try... and my Tank Resser fooled quite a lot of people yesterday :lol:

Monolithic
15-02-05, 18:33
My Tank and PE are listed as Male PSI Monks and my 2 spies are Female PSI Monks. They are all male incidentally.
Checked my Tank. He has a Green person on his head.
So I checked one of my spies. He looks like a PE, but green and flickering at very high speed. It actually hurt my eyes. He also keeps kneeling when he turns even slightly. Looks like he is curtsing.

Nidhogg
15-02-05, 20:23
U mean like when u zone in a DoY Carrier Glider thing and u crash and fall to the ground ? :P
That doesn't then cause the entire world to crash though. ;)

N

Jesterthegreat
15-02-05, 21:46
im waiting for the "every MMO has bugs" arguement again...

and yes... i love fighting using a wyatt earp without being able to see in front of me... as if using a weapon with that low damage on a single shot wasnt hard enough...

Monolithic
16-02-05, 00:20
One of my ex-clan mates used to bring the server down when he was bored. I didn't know it was him until recently, when he told me how he did it (and he quit long ago so ya can't ban him :P ).
Actually, I'm not 100% sure that bug is fixed.

Well, I've got green people on all my guy's heads and one of my spies now looks like a NC1 PE. We getting a rollback or we stuck like this? :confused:

Jesterthegreat
16-02-05, 00:25
We getting a rollback or we stuck like this? :confused:

we will be told that in a month or so...

Kopaka
16-02-05, 00:38
One of my ex-clan mates used to bring the server down when he was bored. I didn't know it was him until recently, when he told me how he did it (and he quit long ago so ya can't ban him :P ).

looks like our big friend <u all know who, specially u jester> has been talking to him
he died and all of a sudden p2 lagged like a motherfucker, other sectors were fine

Jesterthegreat
16-02-05, 00:46
looks like our big friend <u all know who, specially u jester> has been talking to him
he died and all of a sudden p2 lagged like a motherfucker, other sectors were fine

lmao...

when i fought him he said it wasnt him... a mate who plays that char... the real him is anti city now...

someone REALLY cant take losing.

he jumpped me in plaza 1... i got him to 10% health multiple times but didnt chase him. he came to NF and i beat him 3 out of 3 times i think...

Kopaka
16-02-05, 00:49
we (u, tick, chopper, me, Muff) met him in NF, he was ruining the duels so we all went for him til he left.
they think moving between cities helps... how?
dont we got the symps and money (allied killers.. ressearch missions.. comeon.. we got more than enough money and symps)

mishkin
16-02-05, 02:00
http://morphed.zapto.org/probability.jpg

Change the word Thread to Game... :p