PDA

View Full Version : Well my 10 day free trail is out tomorrow

Robotnix
11-02-05, 19:44
After tonight my trail turns into a full account, this week in neocron has been fun, i am pleased to see that more people are playing and it is quite easy to team up with people at hunting spots. So i think i will stay for longer. Also it was good to see gm's making an effort with the auction event (even thou i am to poor to buy what was for sale) :)
The bads points were the fact that imps don't fall out, call me crazy but i prefer it when imps do fall out, it makes dieing more of a pain in the ass thus making you more edgy and worried about dieing. I hope this is fixed in the next patch. Anyway i'm sure most people know the bugs all to well, so i won't make a list of all the negitive things i have found out in my short time here.

So! Now that i am staying, i was thinking of making a monk as my droner is getting pretty high level and i want to mess about with some set ups. i was thinking of making a hybrid! Is that even possible any more?? And if so, just how effective are they? I have almost earned myself a DS so that with a psy core would it be a good idea? Maybe being able to use blessed heal and blessed s/d and most of the apu spells. So any advice from people who have good know how about monk set ups please let me know, many thanks in advanced.

Robotnix

darknessfairy
11-02-05, 19:49
After tonight my trail turns into a full account, this week in neocron has been fun, i am pleased to see that more people are playing and it is quite easy to team up with people at hunting spots. So i think i will stay for longer. Also it was good to see gm's making an effort with the auction event (even thou i am to poor to buy what was for sale) :)
The bads points were the fact that imps don't fall out, call me crazy but i prefer it when imps do fall out, it makes dieing more of a pain in the ass thus making you more edgy and worried about dieing. I hope this is fixed in the next patch. Anyway i'm sure most people know the bugs all to well, so i won't make a list of all the negitive things i have found out in my short time here.

So! Now that i am staying, i was thinking of making a monk as my droner is getting pretty high level and i want to mess about with some set ups. i was thinking of making a hybrid! Is that even possible any more?? And if so, just how effective are they? I have almost earned myself a DS so that with a psy core would it be a good idea? Maybe being able to use blessed heal and blessed s/d and most of the apu spells. So any advice from people who have good know how about monk set ups please let me know, many thanks in advanced.

Robotnix

lol sorry, i just skim read your post.
well done for staying, and damn

i thought you said that your were thinking of making your monk a droner... i was like WTF

then i re read

El Jimben
11-02-05, 19:53
Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

Yeh hybrids are very viable as having ppu doesn't nerf apu anymore or vice versa. Blessed defense hybrids are cool but I'd personally stick to TL3 heal, blessed deflector & normal shelter. If u got a good setup, u can cap all of those + be fast as hell and reel out a fair bit of damage. But each to their own :lol:

Dribble Joy
11-02-05, 19:53
Maybe being able to use blessed heal and blessed s/d and most of the apu spells.
EVIL!!!!

Hybrids using those blasphemous spells are hewn from the bones of the stillborn!!!!

Ahem.. anyway, good to see you staying.

enigma_b17
11-02-05, 19:57
noooooo a good post about nc, now nothing will ever get done :P

seriously though fair do's for staying most dont lol

Original monk
11-02-05, 20:21
fun fun :)

hybrids are fun btw, mine are blessed nuffs/fire halo & 75ppu/fire apoc

you can push em a bit when switching PA etc or sacrifice ppw orso .. but i dont like PAswitch .. you can even have a ppumonk with liitlebit apu etc so you can use simple attackspells ... saw one a few days ago and it seems fun :)

i yust made a noobiehybrid that i gonna level as a hybrid for fun (with an LE even ! yust for hunting WB) and then lom to pure apu when he's getting around 50's :) must say i really enjoyed that noobchar so far :) he's /25 now hehe

when ya really wonna know everything about hybrids then you can type the word hybrid or hybrid setup in the searchthingie here .. some nice threads hidden in there i noticed recently :)

have fun playing

-Demon-
11-02-05, 20:26
Good on ya for staying.

We were all like you once hehe.

Anyway enjoy it.

Seven
11-02-05, 21:19
Welcome, welcome! :cool:

Heavyporker
11-02-05, 21:30
I'm happy to welcome you to our ranks. I hope you'll have fun.

And don't be afraid to try and whip up an event of your own ^ ^.

Robotnix
11-02-05, 22:07
Ok thanks again for welcome guys :angel:

Now i know hybrid is an option, it's time to get drawing my evil plans up! :D

Robotnix

dem0n
11-02-05, 22:09
lol sorry, i just skim read your post.
well done for staying, and damn

i thought you said that your were thinking of making your monk a droner... i was like WTF

then i re read lol I had to read it like 3 times myself to figure it out correctly... *dumbass* :p

I can tell you... the path of a monk is not a light one! monks were meant to be the shiningness of neocron, but some of them were consumed by the dark force, and became destructive. MY FRIEND, STAY ON THE SIDE OF LIGHT (if you want to play a whore for everyone, buffing them, almost dying because your casting SD on someone while yours ran out 15 seconds ago, then if they die they call you a newb)

MkVenner
11-02-05, 22:11
welcome to the funny farm :p

hope you enjoy it for aslong as alot of us have

Kopaka
11-02-05, 22:38
it gets even more funny without LE :)
welcome

COLD
12-02-05, 00:34
yeah, go ahead and pay for a month or 3 and pull your LE out and we'll see what you think about the imp drop rule when your "allies" nail you in the back fresh out of a gr in plaza or thereabouts because they were bored :rolleyes:

msdong
12-02-05, 01:03
.... I have almost earned myself a DS so that with a psy core would it be a good idea? ....

NC must be really hard :D

Marantz Trial
12-02-05, 05:50
I have a hybrid that buffs holy def \ shelt and uses holy lightning :D

Meh....patches later and NC2.... :(

Skusty
12-02-05, 10:40
The bads points were the fact that imps don't fall out, call me crazy but i prefer it when imps do fall out, it makes dieing more of a pain in the ass thus making you more edgy and worried about dieing. I
Robotnix
Yes, i agree a bit :p I would get rich on PE then :D But now when they dont drop il take a good fee even coz Pokers are Rare these days now :p

Original monk
12-02-05, 11:50
it's time to get drawing my evil plans up! :D

Robotnix

aslong as ya dont get em nerfed again thats fine by me :)

enjoy :) btw i seen youre droner yesterday at TH, droning goes smoothly it seems :)

landofcake
12-02-05, 14:47
Welcome :)

poelzi
12-02-05, 20:28
i was thinking of making a hybrid! Is that even possible any more?? And if so, just how effective are they? I have almost earned myself a DS so that with a psy core would it be a good idea?

I have a hybrid, but i like her very much :)
Playing hybrid is not easy and managing your qb good while playing is very important and needs some good skills, so its not for a beginner job :)

A real hybrid has the adavante to be hybrid, ok apu and ok ppu depending on the currenty imps he wearing. There are only 4 real usefull imps for a hybrid: DS, Psy Core, Exp Psy Controller 2+3. When you have a PPU by you, change to APU Chips instead of Exp or PPU Chips to be a medium PPU for others.

On int i skiled: 80 IMP and the rest on Psy Use, which you need as much as possible, because you lack on PPW as well as APU and PPU.

With 80 IMP you can imp everything with Spy Buff 1, Imp Glove and Nightspider. Sure you can skill lesser, because in theoretical you can use Spy 2, but not when you a APU imped :)

My PSI setup will become :
PPU 112
APU 105
MST 59
PSI 50

I have more PPU than APU, because without armor switching and hybrid setup ,I can use blessed spells and holy deflector. I'm bussy enought filling my 2 psi booster in my qb :)

PS: You should get you an gaya glove, which helps a lot.

kindly regards
Daniel

Tostino
12-02-05, 20:30
You need 122 for holy def and 121 for blessed shelter so with your setup you cant cast any of them.