PDA

View Full Version : Appleseed

mishkin
10-02-05, 12:51
Just finished watching it, and I must say: Wow! :D

Great movie indeed. Awesome animations and the story was great... I think the japanese film-industry is going past hollywood at amazing speed ;)

Maui
10-02-05, 16:38
dude !

apple seed is HELLA old :x

I watched that movie like 3 years ago or somethin.

*disclaimer: I could be wrong, there are more movies // series with seed in it :P

mishkin
10-02-05, 16:53
Well, there are 2 of them, one released in 1988: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094668/ and one released 2004: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401233/ , but I believe the newer one is still on it's way to theaters outside japan...

However, it's very much worth watching, the special effects alone will blow you away. (It's much higher class animation than for instance what pixar does). :cool:

Maui
10-02-05, 17:05
yeah well, Ive watched hundreds of anime's : P

and ye, I like em ^_^

btw check the movies:

Metropolis and Nanuscaa of the valley of the wind ( I know I didnt spell nanuscaa right, but ull figure it out :P )

Nidhogg
10-02-05, 17:12
There's an Appleseed series in the works. Which reminds me, has anyone seen the Cowboy Beebop series? It's pretty good but not on a par with the movie.

N

Bugs Gunny
10-02-05, 17:14
There's an Appleseed series in the works. Which reminds me, has anyone seen the Cowboy Beebop series? It's pretty good but not on a par with the movie.

N

I'll have whatever he's smoking :-)

mishkin
10-02-05, 17:25

Think I saw the movie once, but I can't remember.... Currently watching Hack sign, which I find pretty funny at times :) (Imagine being stuck in nc, like you're living in the game 8| )

Siygess
10-02-05, 17:28
Is Cowboy Beebop actually any good? I've heard lots of people go on about it, but that in itself is not a glowing endorsment - lots of people go on about Guyver. And Sailor Moon o_O

I'm quite a big Shirow fan (I got GitS:Stand Alone Complex at Christmas) and I'm looking forward to the new Appleseed. Mmmmmm, landmates.

Maui
10-02-05, 17:33

N

tbh, I dont know anyone who didnt see that series :P

its pretty good indeed :P

not the best, but pretty good ^^

Dribble Joy
10-02-05, 18:50
Cowboy bebop is one of the best animes ever (imo), it doesn't fall into the usual anime 'randomness' and sillyness that others do (like Naruto, which is other wise quite good) or at least, has it's own style of querkyness.
It's more of a drama really, and the film is very good.

Re: Appleseed. I had seen heard quite a bit about it, so I was a bit dissapointed by what I got when I finally got round to seeing it.
The storyline was too fragmented, they hopped fom one thing to another and just flowed badly.
I can only assume it was Mo-capped, which probably the best way to animate 3D, kinda looked awkward. it might have been better to use regular drawn animation for the characters and intergrated them into a 3D space.

Deunan had a fine arse though :).

Nidhogg
10-02-05, 18:54
I agree. Appleseed looked like it was originally an hour longer and was just edited down for time.

N

ino
10-02-05, 19:04
damn someone who thinks cowboy bebop the movie is better than the series :) shame on you nid. But everyone is different I guess. And the remake of appleseed looks pretty good, not super super happy with cellshading technique (think its called that :)) they use but it looks very good anyway.

jernau
10-02-05, 20:21

NOMG :eek:

The series is soooo much better than the movie.

I agree it felt choppy in places but the original Appleseed was a great film. You may be right about it being cut-down, I just put it down to a style thing tbh. I've been waiting for the new one for ages, despite some reservations. AFAIK there's no English version yet (legit or otherwise).

@Siygess - Yes, it's very good. Nothing like Sailor moon.

/edit @Mishkin - so which one did you just see?

mishkin
12-02-05, 21:19
/edit @Mishkin - so which one did you just see?

Uhm, the not so legit subbed japanese version... :p

/edit - I don't like dubbed movies... The only exception being Kung Pow - Enter the Fist :D

jernau
12-02-05, 21:38
Uhm, the not so legit subbed japanese version... :p
Ah.... **searches**

/edit - I don't like dubbed movies... The only exception being Kung Pow - Enter the Fist :D
Dubs are the turd of Satan. Nuff said.

You mean you actually liked Kung Pow? 8|

Tarn
12-02-05, 21:47
Golden boy = best anime ever.

mishkin
12-02-05, 22:35
You mean you actually liked Kung Pow?

Omg, you didn't?! I found the whole thing just hilarious... "Eeny meeny miney mo, I wonder where my rubber glove will go..." :D

jernau
12-02-05, 22:38
No, I found it painful and dull. I gave up after about 20-30 minutes i think.

mishkin
12-02-05, 23:12
No, I found it painful and dull. I gave up after about 20-30 minutes i think.

You seriously lack a normal sense of humor :p

Here (http://83.102.42.117:8080/Hooked.mpg) is something that'll make your mouth go :D (The connection is slow, and the file is huge, be warned :lol: )

/edit - right-click and save as doesn't work apparently... I need to fix that :p
/edit2 - should work now :)
/edit3 - wow, my ping just sky-rocketed :D

jernau
12-02-05, 23:48
You seriously lack a normal sense of humor :p Or maybe it was shit ;).

Hasslehoff is just WRONG. You deserve much worse than bad pings for hosting that.:p

mishkin
12-02-05, 23:57
Hasslehoff is just WRONG. You deserve much worse than bad pings for hosting that.

You've got to admit that vid is hilarious though :D

Heavyporker
13-02-05, 00:07
Cowboy Bebop the series definitely rocks.

Tostino
13-02-05, 00:11
Full Metal Alchemist is better then Cowboy Bebop any day :p.
Edit: I mean the jap version, not the dubed :rolleyes:.

Tarn
13-02-05, 00:13
Full Metal Alchemist is better then Cowboy Bebop any day :p.
ooo shit he got you there, Full metal owns all for sure. I havent seen it for acouple weeks though. :(

Tostino
13-02-05, 00:14
ooo shit he got you there, Full metal owns all for sure. I havent seen it for acouple weeks though. :(
If you are watching it on Cartoon Network then just stop and go get the non dubed one.

jernau
13-02-05, 00:20
You've got to admit that vid is hilarious though :D
It's wrong to mock the afflicted and that man is very afflicted.

Tarn
13-02-05, 00:47
If you are watching it on Cartoon Network then just stop and go get the non dubed one.
nop i had the good ones.. I dont even think i get the cartoon network. :lol:

Heavyporker
13-02-05, 07:21
I watch Fullmetal Alchemist too from Cartoon Network. Venture Bros from there too.

Boy.. it's pretty damn good stuff.

and I doubt the original version is any better than what I'm getting from the CN, since i need the closed captioning.

Tostino
13-02-05, 07:25
The dubing in the CN version is SO BAD it's the worst dubing I have seen in any anime so far.

Heavyporker
13-02-05, 07:27
Dude... it's not the audio I care about.

Tostino
13-02-05, 07:33
Well I like the audio so I cant stand the dubed one, Al sounds like a fucking robot!!

Dribble Joy
13-02-05, 15:25
I watched the first few Eps. of FMA, just didn't like it... bleh.
Cowboy bebop > FMA.