PDA

View Full Version : The Melee Cyclops

Tratos
10-02-05, 02:10
Now, the Launcher Cyclops (LC) model is now used more since NC 2 with it becoming a WoC mob aswell as its norm form, now with NC2 some mobs were to be upgraded, new ones added and generaly the skins/models to be improved for all mobs this i would really like to see for the LC, could you image what that thing would look like on something like the source engine if it were made to fit in? it would be terrorfying like many of the other mobs in this game game (Grim Chaser in source :eek: ) now anyway i know the neocron engine doesnt do source style graphics and for that matter do any MMOs but still i would love to see this mob have a model and texture upgrade to make it look sex.

But thats just a random bit on my post heres the real reason for it 'The Melee Cyclops' i think it would be a pretty swish addition to the game mob wise, take a LC rip off its rocket launcher so it only has the grabby claw thing and then stick another of those to its stump arm with more funky cybernecics and such :D give it a speed boost and if the game runs well i think it would be a pretty ubar mob :) plus if it had a cool model update with cool textures it would look win.

Anyway, thought about that a while ago. /me wanders off

Jesterthegreat
10-02-05, 02:13
now anyway i know the neocron engine doesnt do source style graphics and for that matter do any MMOs

yet... (http://www.twilightwar.com)

imAchair
10-02-05, 02:15
yeah surpose it is kind of boring killing the same thing with a different rank i mean chaos queen mm where have i seen that before.... what do grims spawn?

warbot = warbot titan = giant warbot
spider bot = giant spider bot i mean putting giant in front of the mob doesnt make it a new mob right?

Tratos
10-02-05, 02:20
yet... (http://www.twilightwar.com)
yup cant wait for that, should pwn

StrongSad
11-02-05, 07:30
TW is going to pretty much be neocron addicts looking for their next high. If you like NC, well you will probably like TW.

MkVenner
11-02-05, 15:59
there's another source engined MMO out there too, but i've already said too much :p

as for new mobs, yeah, how long have we wanted new mobs...and not just bigger/smaller ones we already had :D, i tell you what tho a GIANT cruncher would be pretty scary lol

LOST
11-02-05, 16:05
i love those crunchers.

always stop to punch one to death <3

dem0n
11-02-05, 17:31
Tekktonic isn't source, but with a higher resolution texture the LC would shoor look sekksier :)

@MkVenner:

a larger cruncher lol :P, would remind me of something from HL1 :D

Heavyporker
11-02-05, 17:43
Man...

A melee cyclops would scare me shitless.

A 60/60+ cruncher would scare me bloodless.

john irons
11-02-05, 18:41
melee cyclops?
the cyclops has a melee attack.

he pounds you in the face with his rocket launcher and cries

GWARR, CMONNN!!!:D

but as for new textures, which can now be up to 2048*2048 or half of that(i forget)
well if kk would relese the texture format for it then im sure the comunnity could whip something up.

remember the skin comp they had?
a few nice skins came out of that.
but kk didnt use any:(

Tratos
11-02-05, 19:23
i know but i just like the idea of a rocket powered ting with two massive metal claws trying to rip me a new one.

jerrymaguire
11-02-05, 23:58
I got one for ya....

TECHNO CRABS

Various size crabs up in the north. A hybrid spiderbot/crab predator. And a massive monster crab that spawns the smaller lot. And when I say massive, I mean MASSIVE. Think Godzilla type thing. :) There is all that ocean out there. How cool would it be to have a battle with it, shooting at it from the cliff tops and shore line. Once it dies, you then have to swin out to sea to loot it.

Or you can just jump into a sea craft, but thats for another thread :D