PDA

View Full Version : [Merged]Player mod's

Tostino
09-02-05, 23:47
I was thinking about the old mod's that I usto use in NC1 (new crosshair / NLP) and was windering why KK don't just open up the forum again but make it like the Announcement forum where only officals can post your mods after they checked them.
Just an idea (rate if if you like it).

Asurmen Spec Op
10-02-05, 01:28
I was thinking about the old mod's that I usto use in NC1 (new crosshair / NLP) and was windering why KK don't just open up the forum again but make it like the Announcement forum where only officals can post your mods after they checked them.
Just an idea (rate if if you like it). It could work tostino but I dunno, KK may have plans so Ill just sit back and see.

But it would be a good idea unless they got something in the works

5stars as long as KK isnt planing on something like this.. then it was my idea ;)

naimex
10-02-05, 01:33
modifications are still allowed to be made, just only if you have a special permit from KK, and i donīt know how you should be able to get a permit, since you have nothing to show, cuz in order to get something to show, you would have to break the rule of not modifying anything without a permit..

so that would mean that they would have to give a permit, before they actually know definitively what it is you want to change..

and then they would have to give a permit without allowing, and then when you come with the thing youve made, then you had a permit to change it.. but you werent allowed.. and well.. yes... im running in loops arent I ?... its really odd atm..

Tostino
10-02-05, 01:45
They wouldnt even let me use my old crosshair from NC1... Even if they only let you change your crosshairs I will be happy.

[TgR]KILLER
10-02-05, 04:59
yea liked my modded crosshair from nc1 to.. used that one from the fang movies if anybody remembers them ;)

but its a cool idea but especially atm i don't see it happening with kk busy with release / patch / stuff, no time to check all mods made by users :/

Tostino
10-02-05, 05:38
I loved Jack Drake's crosshair, alot less bulkey ;)

eLcHi
10-02-05, 09:35
I dunno where the problem is ?

Why don`t you make a mod and send it in ? If it get`s approved you can integrate it ...

The only thing you may not do is modify anything in your Neocron Folder ... but you don`t have to to make a mod right ? I mean, you could create the mod in c:\temp .. that wouldn`t break the ROC ... Niddy ?

-Demon-
10-02-05, 10:21
I dunno where the problem is ?

Why don`t you make a mod and send it in ? If it get`s approved you can integrate it ...

The only thing you may not do is modify anything in your Neocron Folder ... but you don`t have to to make a mod right ? I mean, you could create the mod in c:\temp .. that wouldn`t break the ROC ... Niddy ?

But the very nature of your 'mod' would mean changing game code/files which is the whole point in this to start with.
Doesn't matter where it is located it's when it changes other than the ini files and you will get banned for it.

eLcHi
10-02-05, 12:02
Why change ?

I thought creating a mod is about making something new :)

dem0n
10-02-05, 12:04
the problem was that many people abused the work of others. they were provided with mods, tools, everything they needed to learn and do their own game hacks. until some things are specified, I'm also against opening a new forum. people can still contribute their work to one of many neocron websites, but I'm against any form of communication.

as an example, people say they follow stealthers by the clouds, but someone who is chasing a stealther in TH pace to pace obviously changed the little evaporation clouds. thats something I'm against.

[TgR]KILLER
10-02-05, 13:35
as an example, people say they follow stealthers by the clouds, but someone who is chasing a stealther in TH pace to pace obviously changed the little evaporation clouds. thats something I'm against.

lol... did that in neocron 1 in tech haven 1 :p somebody actually thought i was hacking haha. but chashing stealthers for more then a year in th1 gives you some idea what there next move gonna be :p almost killed the bitch to :angel: ( edit ok din't do it step by step then :p but never were to far away to pick the stealther up again )

john irons
10-02-05, 14:03
where can i get the tools required to mess with the character textures.

as i want to make some new skins for mobs.

because hey if aren't going to do it who is?

sn8
10-02-05, 14:46
I think that if you mod any NC2 files u will get a perma-ban. You could mod NC1 but thats how poeple were aboe to exploit the game as they stopped it.

Capt. Rik
10-02-05, 14:53
You cannot attempt to modify any of the Neocron files (as said, you will be banned) but you could use something like 3D Studio to make up some example stuff.

Tyr
10-02-05, 16:07
Modifications to Neocron 2 without prior consent from Reakktor Media will result in a permanent ban, also using any modified files that have not been approved by Reakktor Media is also a bannable offence.

mishkin
10-02-05, 17:09

I didn't have to do that with my uber ati rage 3d pro turbo 2x agp, I just ran nc normally, and I saw all stealthers like they were standing in front of me, with the clouds circling around their PA-wearing bodies... (that card can't run nc2 though, and nc1 ran with about 2fps on it staring into a wall :D ) :rolleyes: