PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about intelligence

superfresh
09-02-05, 19:39
I'm baffled-

I levelled a pistol spy that just capped dex (100) but still has 96 Int. He has a lot of hack and used to have a little bit of VHC and recycle (both lommed a while ago).

I made a hybrid monk who has something like 80 base Psi, but 86 base int. He has around 60 hack. I haven't lommed anything on him.

Why didn't the spy level int as fast as dex? Why does the monk have more int than psi?

Strange.

Crazy Russian
09-02-05, 20:07
because you are lvlin primairly with combat

SorkZmok
09-02-05, 20:15
Yeah, leveling int via combat is rather slow.
But how in hell did you get more int than psi on a monk? When i capped my hybrids psi, i only had about 85 base psi.
I guess you`ve been teaming with spies a lot?

superfresh
09-02-05, 21:02
No- actually I've mostly been soloing and hacking Warbots, but I know hack doesn't really give int. I also have levelled a bit with another hybrid and a capped APU. I don't think Ive ever been in a team with anything other than monks.

I actually relogged once because I thought it was weird but there it was.

Xylaz
09-02-05, 21:05
yes int on monks is kinda wierd. My friend capped psi on his ppu and still got like 81 int left, while he's almost capped apu (97-98 psi) got 93 int - and he's totally pure combat.

Ascension
09-02-05, 21:39
When I capped psi I think I had 85 Int - That was before the "xp increase" Its now either 92/93.. cant remember :)

BradSTL
09-02-05, 21:41
The understanding I have, which may be out of date, is that it works like this. There's two rates of XP gain: your own, and shared.

Personal: Psi Monks gain 100% XP for PSI, but only 60% XP for INT. In other words, if a Spy and a Psi Monk both do the same INT-gaining task, the Psi monk gets only 60% of the XP for it. However, when they're in combat, the Psi Monk gets as much PSI XP for his combat damage as the Spy gets DEX XP for his own.

Team: Whenever you're teamed up, you get free XP for the other people's combat damage output. This is not stolen XP, it doesn't come out of their XP pool (the way that divided up cash rewards are), it's extra. For Psi Monks, the free XP is divided evenly between INT and PSI. (For Spies, it's evenly between DEX and INT; for Tanks, STR and CON; and I think for Private Eyes it's evenly divided among all five.)

From this it follows that if you're a psi monk, the larger the average team you level with, the higher your INT will be.

MkVenner
09-02-05, 22:04
and I think for Private Eyes it's evenly divided among all five.)
you are correct

QuantumDelta
09-02-05, 22:45
you are correct
Not quite.
None goes into CON :p
STR INT and PSI Gain mostly from teaming, DEX levels naturally ahead of the gains in STR INT and PSI.

PSI, obviously, painfully fast considering it's cap, does give the impression that the xp is shared 'equally', but it's not, DEX and CON don't gain as much from teaming (if any at all -> Con)

Tantta
09-02-05, 22:56
yeah i capped my apu psi power for while ago, psi base lvl 100 and intel 82 :lol:

not really sure how i can cap it, im pure psi use atm

(so im not really smart eh?) o_O

naimex
09-02-05, 23:00
Not quite.
None goes into CON :p
STR INT and PSI Gain mostly from teaming, DEX levels naturally ahead of the gains in STR INT and PSI.

PSI, obviously, painfully fast considering it's cap, does give the impression that the xp is shared 'equally', but it's not, DEX and CON don't gain as much from teaming (if any at all -> Con)

I dont know if ive gotten con from teaming, but i do know that :

I get con from getting hit, and from using str based weapons (hc/mc).

I would be surprised however if con wasnt gained at all through team.. but i dont think you get much.. actually i think its so little an amount that 1 hit can make up for a long time of only teamed xp.

Jesterthegreat
10-02-05, 02:08
ive leveled con while sittin in a rhino when a team kills.

i dont think you get much though.

Revslad
10-02-05, 02:44
u get extreemly high con exp when sitting in a rhino while the gunner shoots mobs, allmost as much as str :wtf:

MkVenner
10-02-05, 08:39
vehicle XP is mega FUBAR, i got con XP in a rhino with a tank gunner, lots of it

-=Dredduk=-
10-02-05, 13:25
Ive been on my pe in rhino... and i got no con lvls O_o(im driver)

Morganth
10-02-05, 16:26
When you are in a Rhino (and teamed of course) you gain an equal amount of XP in the relative stats for your class. I've tested this as I recently created a new spy to be a CST/REPer. I did TL150 missions till he had 23 base of everything (20 PSI of course) with all the same XP levels, then got him in a rhino (drugs > *) to take people out. He currently has 65 INT and DEX with identical amounts of XP.

Although the XP isn't as much as caving/Ceres, it is constant and getting techs etc from it is worth it. I have come to the conclusion that once I have 20 of each armour part (8s, 9s and 10s only though) that another Rhino (predominantly FF) comes along which results in the majority of both teams being killed and 9/10 times both rhinos being destroyed.

Tostino
10-02-05, 18:47
Ive had better luck with Rhino hunting then you Morganth :lol:.
When in a Rhino on my spy (driving) I get about 5 mill exp in int/dex pr HR (of non stop killing) I cant wait to cap him in the next week or so :p.