PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Forms!

Lexxuk
09-02-05, 14:47
I do I totally hate forms. I decided I have to sue FSL, the people who sold me the AMD4000, cause they wont actually take the money and ship the item. So I get the form I need online (<3 technology) and spend ages filling it in, using big words like "obligation" and "defendant" whilst refraining from typing "u" instead of "you" hehe, or callin them "total pricks".

Then I press summit on my keyboard, dunno what, and the stupid thing crashes and I lose all my work :( Couldnt save either, stupid Acrobat.

So I fill in the form, AGAIN, and finally get it finished, then find I need to fill out another form to send with the form and for that form I have to go down town, which is annoying as heck.

So yes, I hate forms, still, this thing got really funny, they added a new section to their "terms" sayin they can change the prices whenever they want, so Tradin Standards are going to kick their arse for Unfair Contract Act 1977 hehehe

Jesterthegreat
09-02-05, 14:49
changing prices whenever they want is all well and good... but they cant after accepting the order :p

certainly not increase the price by what... 1000%? :D

berty
09-02-05, 15:44
Lexxu pop on down to the CAB im sue someone in there will be more than happy to serve you tea and biscuits and fill in any forms you might want - their good like that.

You sure about suing them rather than taking them through a smalls claims court?

but further research gave me the following words to conjur with:-
equitable doctrine of mistake
see here
http://www.lctjournal.washington.edu/Vol1/a002groebner.html

annoyingly para 11 applies - they cant absorb a loss of £2K+ (whatever the price differnece is) and you should have been resonalby aware that the chip didnt cost 2p (or however ridiculos the price) as it wasnt on a special offer.

I know its shitty but thems the problems - you could take them to court and have your day in the dock but ultimatelly all youll maybe get is your chip and a whaking court bill. (soz)

:(

Lexxuk
09-02-05, 17:28
Ahh, your lookin at American law there Berty mate. In the UK its different, a Contract is covered under Common Law, even a verbal agreement in the UK is legally binding. Small Claims is the County Court which is where my papers are being served. The area is still pretty grey, but a contract between FSL (dont buy from them, ever, please, they suck) and myself was made.

What will happen is this, tomorrow I send off the forms, 1 to the Court and 1 to FSL, FSL have to respond within 14 days to the Court of the order being served to them, if they do not respond within 14 days, I win by default (yay me). If they do respond, it will probably be to dispute the claim, which means I have 2 or 3 more forms to fill in and send back to the Courts. When at which time, both Defendant and myself must appear before a Judge who will look at evidence (reciept, T&C stating Contract is formed) and then make his or her judgement based on the evidence provided (the fact FSL doctored their own T&C wont help them, plus the fact parts of their T&C is not enforcable due to the Unfair Contracts Act 1977).

So basically, within 14 days I'll have a court case, if I were FSL I'd elect to serve the papers in a court in London, which is OK cause I can put all costs onto them.

Maui
10-02-05, 16:48
u are scary smart guys, if im evah gona sue someone ill be sure to post it on the neocron forums fer some help ^^

Lexxuk
10-02-05, 16:56
u are scary smart guys, if im evah gona sue someone ill be sure to post it on the neocron forums fer some help ^^

I wouldnt, I had to read 30 websites just to figure out I have to send all the forms to the Court, and not send them off to the people I'm suing, woulda been funny if I'd done that instead :lol: :lol: