PDA

View Full Version : A present from Clive!

Clive tombstone
08-02-05, 05:50
In the spirit that, players Idea's can Influence and change the games play, by thinking up Items, Vehicles, and landscape (dungeons or otherwise), Ive starting a Concept art Requests thread today through wensday, then Ill stop takening them for a little to complete the stuff I am already working on.

Reasons why Im doing this-
1-I need to practice my artwork between my off work time, and my next College course in april.
2-I need to beef up my portfolio to some extent
3-I like doing requests, I usually have a hard time creating for myself.

If anyone My only request, with anyones err... requests, is to be specific, I mean, you know how so see in stories how people find a magic lamp, and then make a vauge wish, and it totally screws em over? Well this isnt quite as sevear, but still you get the idea.

Stuff Ill work on-
Weapons
Vehicles
Monsters
SOME landscapes (right now I still need a bit of practice in this, but Im getting there)
And SOME character models.

How long will the art take to complete?
-Anywere from a week to two weeks apon request-
How do I request art?
-Post here, Private messages are kinda a hassle.
Can I request Nude chicks?
-No, you Perv :D (anyways, My females arnt that good)

Mind you Im a Decent artist, Its my 1.5 year of my 3 years at AI, and Im getting better at my art.

So with that being said, Please, speak your minds, You never know, this might give a good push for KK to look at your ideas with a little more confidence.! :D

PEace out

Asurmen Spec Op
08-02-05, 06:14
You know the fusion pistol is designed?
weres theres two barrels and you hold between them
Think about the same with a Pulsar Lasers

Rogue Arson
08-02-05, 07:17
I'd personally love a rework of the combat bike. Something a lil more West Coast Choppers.

Asurmen Spec Op
08-02-05, 07:21
I'd personally love a rework of the combat bike. Something a lil more West Coast Choppers. O_O
Not the bluey!
I <3 that thing!

Jesterthegreat
08-02-05, 08:41
Can I request Nude chicks?
-No, you Perv :D (anyways, My females arnt that good)

nude h4x...

http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5168

NeoDriver
08-02-05, 08:46
You know the fusion pistol is designed?
weres theres two barrels and you hold between them
Think about the same with a Pulsar Lasers

i like this idea do this !! :D

Clive tombstone
08-02-05, 09:17
Ok, I cant sleep right now, soo much dayquill, And I like the idea, When Im at work tommorrow, or later today, whichever it is. Ill start up some sketches, then Ill photoshop whatever I get done.

For the bike, Ill work on that, and I got some ideas.

This pistol, heh I got some Ideas, like sorta a assasins katar blades almost with grip designs, and such, Ill have more explained later. Thanks for the idea.

And about nude player models, I know, Ive seen em, I mean I WONT draw em, hehe I aint modeling anything right now, i still need to get a copy of a modeling program, and some more training (and free time :D )

I have some cool stuff Im working on, like a remodeling of the Old canyon, into something like a new trading place (guns free) a lot of people wouldnt like this but its just a drawing, well see it later this week.

keep the stuff comming! only 2 days left

Jesterthegreat
08-02-05, 09:21
before a trigerhappy GM finds this thread its an old beta screenie... i havet altered my skin files :p

Ascension
08-02-05, 10:43
before a trigerhappy GM finds this thread its an old beta screenie... i havet altered my skin files :p
how did that skin file get into my NC directory... :wtf: :p

capt-o
08-02-05, 12:14
How about a rework of the cloak device to separate it from the hacktool. The description says it injects the user with something and it's apparenlty wrist worn. I'd assume it has some kind of timer on it. Maybe a visable power source?

Sry but this is about as specific as i can get

Siygess
08-02-05, 12:18
Welcome back Clive.. I think you'll find your seat is still warm :)

Heavyporker
08-02-05, 13:13
A rework of Stealth Tools was already done way back when in the Mod Forums.

It was so fucking sweet - a round, almost emblematic tool, with colors for each level of stealth!

Man.. that one fucking pwned.

Not to mention the gfx for Faction Medals. The Crahn ones and the Diamond ones pwned. The BD/TS ones were alright, I suppose.

Cerbious
08-02-05, 19:10
new style Neocron appts... just the layout really ofcaorse we would customise.

MkVenner
08-02-05, 19:12
city mercs level 2 and 3 apps :p

i put some ideas down here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=120307)

john irons
08-02-05, 20:00
what i want is an updated version of the cityadmin powerarmor.
a bit more rounded here and there and shiny.
and if you could do a render of it with plasma rifle in one hand and other fist in the air with one foot on a dead tg body, ud be very apreciatave.

heh not much then

hey cerby ch ch ch check out my siggeh

Tostino
08-02-05, 20:34
Gatling cannon. It just looks so bad atm.

Clive tombstone
08-02-05, 21:51
Ok, Ill give those a shot, as far as CPU renders using 3d grafics, I dont think I can do those yet, but Ill ty a paper-Photoshop render if possible^^

And for the gat cannon, Ill give some stuff too. For the others, Ill give me best^^ Gotta get back to work now, Seyahs

MkVenner
09-02-05, 00:00
ive always wanted a under slung, 1 over 1 under, twin minigun sorta thing for the gatlin cannon, held terminator style :D

Clive tombstone
09-02-05, 10:04
The new weapons are iN concept right now, I have 2 mutli views of the pulse laser pistol concept art in work right now, and they should be ready sunday, The chain gun is comming a long a little slow, but its getting there.

For the apartment thing, thats a little last on my list, I need to look at the APts and re evaluate the layout, and think about what best suits a "mercinaries" needs for home layout.

Ive also got some interesting Requests in game and others ways for this game Ill be working on soon as well.

I recently Got a rework or production on the "possible" Helo copters, you see at the log in screen at the beggining. As well as A special Private eye feature someone wanted refinished.

Needless to say, this'll be a challenge, and none the less, im happy to oblige (if thats the correct spelling for it haha) Remember, Theres a day and a half left for requests, then itll be a few weeks for me to get everything finished, and start the cycle all over again^^. I hope I can meet the expectations for everyone.

(PS its been a while since Ive used photoshop, but I think I got something up my sleeve, Well Nighty night, time for sleep, got a 16 hour work schedual ready tommorrow at my work. "beta testing is a Endurance job it is^^"

PEace out.

PPS-that new art department is pretty cool with that new buggy, too abd I wanted something like a hover tank instead^^, oh well Ill have to design that myself^^

Clive tombstone
10-02-05, 09:12
Anouther day at work, finished jeez, 16 hour schedual today >_< anywho, Mc venner, Ive been having trouble with your design, because anyway I seem to look at a double gat cannon, It seems over under would always be WAY to clunky, and hard to aim, the shoulder mounted fixture seems the only method possible, But I can try to improve on the design, If at all possible. Remember, Most if not all of my designs try to take the games engine into account for possibility, and model collision, you see?

And Ill state this one more time, only a day and a half left to make requests, Anything at all, from brain port ideas, to your own, just name em.

PEace out

*goes to sleep*

Clive tombstone
16-02-05, 23:02
OK! Due to complications at work, I wasnt able to make the concept arts and stuff as quickly as I would have liked to, But Ill have them up by saturday and then, who knows.

So far, Ive completed, 2 weapon models, 1 vehicle, and a few other things.
Mind you all this is still in concept right now.

Im Incredibly sorry, about this delay, But this job requires a TON of my own time.

PEace out

Xeno LARD
17-02-05, 09:54
<3 Clive.

No idea's from me, sorry, i'm an idea-tramp. :(

Morganth
17-02-05, 10:20
Rework of the Rhino so it looks like a tank rather than the CA Epic armour on wheels.

That or a Jetpack type thing for PEs

Dr Strange
17-02-05, 11:52
here some requests, some may just be visual, some are mostly game play mechanic changes/add ons:

customizable colors of vehicles (i.e. changing your rhino from a light gray to a army camo color)

vehicles that can be hacked into by high level hackers (i.e. all normal vehicles in game atm). hackers wouldnt gain permant ownership but controll it for X amount of time assuming they have the skills to drive it.

vehicles allowed to be "rigged" for by high level riggers (i.e. a rigger can tap into a glider and manuver it like a drone for X amount of seconds)

water vehicles. nothing with weapons but say a 4 person speedboat to simply get around the coast(s) of the continent rather quickly.

mechs that a rigger or hacker can control or at least allow a hc tank to fire its weapons

rigger power armor

camo power armor for monks

etc

Clive tombstone
06-03-05, 07:18
Ok, first I wanna apologize that I couldnt get the others done, But they will soon be, aand better late than never right? well anywho, heres the modded tank rihno request.
http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs6/i/2005/064/d/c/RHino_tank_concept__2005_by_Shufly.jpg
Ill have more later. THis is a 5 min sketch I did at work today while on break.

Clive tombstone
06-03-05, 08:21
Sh** didnt work on hosting through dev art.com, here Ill try this
http://img77.exs.cx/img77/7698/tankbp3di.th.jpg (http://img77.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img77&image=tankbp3di.jpg)

NeoDriver
06-03-05, 10:16
:eek: :eek: :eek:

OMG that just looks fu**ing AMAZING!!

1) Whats the white sploge??
2) The wheels make it look deployable

mabey if it was deployable then it could activate a special weapon or make the laser a lot stronger

just an idea :rolleyes:

CMaster
06-03-05, 13:34
Looks like the Paladin from UT2004.

Clive tombstone
06-03-05, 19:36
"white sploog" my attempt at photshop, but I couldnt undo the effect becuase I messed up a lot befor that.

and well its a five min pick, And to go into more detail, I personally wanted to see the main weapon as a beam cannon and not a laser, but ahh well.

And yah it does look a bit like the tank from UT2004
http://www.beyondunreal.com/daedalus/img.php?id=107&f=ecev3.jpg
But Im not lieing, I didnt copy from this, I like my design better anywho haha, Ill be uploading a few weapon models and helo craft today as well. later though.

Ps-Sweet god I wish I had a drawing pallet for Photoshop, whats a good price on one?

PPS-this is pretty fun to do, I hope I can keep on doing this for a while, and maybe make a name for myself doing so.

Asurmen Spec Op
06-03-05, 21:07
"white sploog" my attempt at photshop, but I couldnt undo the effect becuase I messed up a lot befor that.

and well its a five min pick, And to go into more detail, I personally wanted to see the main weapon as a beam cannon and not a laser, but ahh well.

And yah it does look a bit like the tank from UT2004
http://www.beyondunreal.com/daedalus/img.php?id=107&f=ecev3.jpg
But Im not lieing, I didnt copy from this, I like my design better anywho haha, Ill be uploading a few weapon models and helo craft today as well. later though.

Ps-Sweet god I wish I had a drawing pallet for Photoshop, whats a good price on one?

PPS-this is pretty fun to do, I hope I can keep on doing this for a while, and maybe make a name for myself doing so.
wow you listened to meh

woooooo
:)
oh and PPS
ya did *points down*

hegemonic
07-03-05, 02:43
Great thread Clive. Keep up the good work :)
*****-5stars

Rework of the Rhino so it looks like a tank rather than the CA Epic armour on wheels.
ROFL!!! Never thought of that before. You hit the nail on the head.

Preach
07-03-05, 12:41
how about some interseting new mid level mobs, a species that lives somewhere in outzone. you could do a few along a theme, like all fire mobs are similar to the point you can tell they are related but they are all different.

Clive tombstone
10-03-05, 18:30
Well good news guys, Ill be taking a 2 day vaction from work today, and comming back on friday (tommorrow). This means Ill have time to draw the stuff you guys requested of me.

So anywho, just thought anyone would like to know. Work has been hell so No time for art in the past week, cept for that tank drawin, heh :D

PEace out.

Clive tombstone
12-03-05, 02:19
OK, Im back from my little vaction, meh, one 2 days at Six flags wasnt that bad haha, your never to old (but I guess 19 isnt old is it? :D ) anywho, I got SOME work done on those pics, and Im home working on some more, Although there nowhere near the quality Id like them to be, theyll have to do till then. Ill be posting these on Dev art.com later and Ill link em. Mind you, these are all re-do's of requests from here, All the original ones that I was working on are still somewere in my wastedump (my room :D ) Ill have to find them later. Ill have the pics up in about 15 mins. Great to see a patch came while I was gone BTW.

Props for KK, Hire me Damnit! :D

Asurmen Spec Op
12-03-05, 03:51
kick ass

Clive tombstone
12-03-05, 04:33
Ok, since Im a little tired right now from the trip, all Im gonna do right now is post some links to my dev art thing, so yah, here they are

pulse laser pistol (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/16002930/)

NC Heli 3/4's drawing (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/16002697/)

Crappy, "beta" Of heli (1 min sketch) (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/16002599/)

Please note these were all done in a 5 min span, And Im Extremly tired right now. Ill post those PE PA jet pack stuff tommorrow after I get back from my appointments. seyah then

Asurmen Spec Op
12-03-05, 06:50
sex at the laser pistol

*points at siggy for clide*

Heavyporker
13-03-05, 03:07
SHIT!

awesome work, clive!

Clive tombstone
13-03-05, 04:08
Well, Tonight is Karioke night (AkA "clive makes a jackass of himself Vocally" Night) And I wont be submitting anything tonight, But maybe tommorrow. who knows. :D

Ill have the jet pack stuff worked on, and a few weapon models, and maybe a few others. Right now Im kinda burnt out, since traffic school today sucked AND it took way longer than I thought it would.

Darn RL Copbots. :lol:

PEace out

Clive tombstone
13-03-05, 23:28
Well, I dont have anything yet that Ive drawn to please you guys, but I found a sweet Jetpack drawing on the web, I its not exactly what Im working on but I thought since this is an art thread, you guys would like to take a looksee. Ill have some new stuff up by tommorrow, or today, whichever comes first, well here it is.

MkVenner
14-03-05, 00:32
whoa, thats a great pic lol

Clive tombstone
14-03-05, 04:01
Just to repeat, its NOT mine, so I dont called a plagerist (if thats how you spell it?) so yah.

anywho, got some stuff comming up, and a few character sketches from my failed startup at an NC comic (failed, meaning that I hae given up on it now since I need a script, and friends who can help me out, AND a website, Bleh)
so yah, expect to see this tommorrow