PDA

View Full Version : School Home Tuition in the UK

nobby
07-02-05, 18:45
Hi, I hate my school....

I want Home tuition!
How much would it cost and if my Mum were to teach me, Would she need a special licence?

nobby
08-02-05, 00:18
ok....spaß

giga191
08-02-05, 00:31
England need to sort out their immagration laws

nobby
08-02-05, 00:36
offtopik

giga191
08-02-05, 00:58
offtopik Just wondering who let you in

Xeno LARD
08-02-05, 01:02
Not sure nobby, google for it.

-Demon-
08-02-05, 11:55
Hi, I hate my school....

I want Home tuition!
How much would it cost and if my Mum were to teach me, Would she need a special licence?

If you really have problems at school, then I suggest you and your parents get a meeting booked with your teachers...

Depends I think on what year you would be in as some stuff you would benfit from a tutor.

Don't give up on school though discuss your problems with your family/friends and teachers...much better to be at school than home...you will miss out in the long term.

giga191
08-02-05, 17:53
If you really have problems at school, then I suggest you and your parents get a meeting booked with your teachers...

Depends I think on what year you would be in as some stuff you would benfit from a tutor.

Don't give up on school though discuss your problems with your family/friends and teachers...much better to be at school than home...you will miss out in the long term. I think it's just nobby being a nob again. Lazy tbh

landofcake
08-02-05, 18:25

Don't give up on school though discuss your problems with your family/friends and teachers...much better to be at school than home...you will miss out in the long term.

That's what i said ...

nobby
08-02-05, 20:03
I think it's just nobby being a nob again. Lazy tbh

You F'ing cock nose piss right off!

My school is Full of Mouthy Rough Lippy Twats, it's making my Life hell.
I can't take this anymore!
I JUST WANNA TRY TO LEARN AT HOME!

Revslad
08-02-05, 20:06
if u learn at home u will end up like bobby bouche... it will be mamma says this and mamma says that.

tbh talk to you teachers and get it sorted.

nobby
08-02-05, 20:12
They can't even sort out the class to be quiet...I've got exams coming up...
I can't stand the teacher shouting the building down for the fucking kids to shut up!
God...They come to the point of crying and walking out...
i know 2 teachers that have left to work at other schools because of this.

Don't say i'm a fucking geek and shit like that...They're normal people and they just get treated like shit. I don't like it and that's why i just wanna leave...

MkVenner
08-02-05, 20:20
i know the feeling, i went to a rather shitty school in Bow, East London, really bad lol. I remember once this kid got stabbed in the hand with a compass, shit like that. I hated it, started skipping and going truent, totally fucked up my year 9 sats. Beleive me i wanted to do home schooling, but instead a i changed school, granted the school was miles away, over and hour of traveling to and from, for my GCSEs, year 10 and 11. Tho it worked out ok in the end coz we moved out this way :p

Home schooling might seem like the right idea, but chances are it not, you mum would have to devote alot, ALOT of time to it. Have a read through these (only skimmed em, dunno if there that much cop)

http://www.home-education.org.uk/

http://www.debatabase.org/details.asp?topicID=214

//edit, you aint gotta be a geek to want to do well at school, my bird is hardly a geek, she does kick boxing and shit like that, and chances are if it wasnt for her ida TOTALLY fucked up my GCSEs too

jernau
08-02-05, 20:31
IIRC your parents have to convince the local magistrate that they are willing and capable to do the job.

In every case I've known or heard of one or both of the parents was a former teacher or lecturer and I wouldn't be surprised if that was the main reason they were allowed to do it.

Ultimately though it's not your decision, it's your parents. Unless they want to give up their jobs and/or lives to do it then it's not going to happen.

Tutoring would be different but tbh if your family could afford that it would be vastly cheaper and easier just to pay for a better school.

Xeno LARD
08-02-05, 20:34
Look into moving to another school in the area. Talk to your Education Minister chappy.

jernau
08-02-05, 20:41
I remember once this kid got stabbed in the hand with a compass, shit like that.
No offence meant but if that's as bad as it got it wasn't too bad. Either that or school-kids are a lot more lame now than 10-20 years ago.

year 9 sats
Sorry to have to ask but what does that equate to in real terms?

Genty
08-02-05, 20:57
Sorry to have to ask but what does that equate to in real terms?

Year 9 SAT's = testing teachers not pupils. (ie. naff all)

QuantumDelta
08-02-05, 21:01
Pretty much SATS ain't ever been worth anything, the only thing they vaguly effect is which teir you enter into your GCSEs on.

MkVenner
08-02-05, 21:12
No offence meant but if that's as bad as it got it wasn't too bad. Either that or school-kids are a lot more lame now than 10-20 years ago. meh, its wasn't that bad, but it wasnt one of those piddly little compasses, it practicly went all the way through lol

that's pretty much as bad as it got while i was there, but it went downhill pretty fast after that :p

yeah and sats pretty much mean fuck all lol

(no offense taken btw :D)

giga191
08-02-05, 21:28
Move to oxford and go to a school called cherwell. No one fucks about but we still have our laughs

imAchair
08-02-05, 21:31
England need to sort out their immagration laws

damn right giga...

why dont u like school btw? if you hate it so much do what i did for 3 months ..... bunk :) i got more learning at home from myself than school.. thats how i learnt flash mx, photoshop, html, visual basic etc :D

i thought u was american giga

giga191
09-02-05, 01:03
i thought u was american giga why? fiveletters

El Jimben
09-02-05, 01:14
Probably they way you phrased it. Yes, WE need to sort our immigration laws. Tony Blair admitted after, what, 8 years that he's done a bad job. NO FUCKING SHIT.

@MKVENNER - And you moved from London to Essex? I don't think that's a good thing but I never went to school in Bow!

MkVenner
09-02-05, 01:18
dude upminster is a 1000 times better than bow/poplar, alot more rich, spoilt chavs but what you gunna do (not involving a shot gun :p)....i dunno, but gaynes is like one of the best normal schools (not grant maintained or boarding etc) in the country lol, Essex is a pretty damn huge place there buddy :D