PDA

View Full Version : [Video] OP fights on Pandore

Cadavre
07-02-05, 05:51
Hey everyone,

I thought you might enjoy watching this. 11 minutes of fight from a PPU point of view, all taken during several mad OP fights last Friday until 4.00 am.

Link (http://www.joyz.be/neocron/mib2.wmv) (85 mo)

Jaxx.
07-02-05, 06:12
Woot the melee without PA is so sexy ! :D

Koshinn
07-02-05, 10:30
nice video.. don't think I've ever seen one of a PPU.

Zeninja
07-02-05, 15:42
downloading...

Tostino
07-02-05, 15:52
Nice video. I know how hard it is to try and ppu when recording even with the best computer.

Koshinn
07-02-05, 19:50
ew, ppu hybrid tosti? ew.

Mechanicus
07-02-05, 19:53
lame your outa BW

Ministry
07-02-05, 19:53
bandwidth exceeded

Tostino
07-02-05, 20:00
ew, ppu hybrid tosti? ew.
Im working on loming back to my sexy HL setup again ;). It is fun though.

retr0n
07-02-05, 20:31
out of bandwidth =(
you guys need someone to host it for u...

Cadavre
07-02-05, 20:56
Working on a new host ;)

Cadavre
07-02-05, 22:57
New host (http://joyz.free.fr/mib2.wmv)

Enjoy.

netster
08-02-05, 11:48
nice vid bro!! smooth qual, nice run's in it. i like my ppu at most atm and the vid shows much ppu problems, what others dont see in it (aiming your teammates, instead of reds)...
your ppu'ing is great kind of ppuing, but mate ... u need to organise your QB new, it seams kinda unsorted for fast/aqurate unbuffing, so u could perhaps be a'lil faster for unbuffing dmgboost/antishock to your mates. but this is only an option, i (for myself only) try allways to unfreeze/undmgboost my teammates, wether they might need or not :)
great ppuing - 5stars mate!

BradSTL
08-02-05, 13:36
The same thing boggles my mind that boggles my mind about so many of these -- the total absence of any kind of snipers, or even stealthers. Why didn't either side have at least one person up on those cliffs with a plasma wave, a sniper rifle, or a laser rifle picking away at people from out of range? And in all that confusion, nobody brought a stealth spy with a tangent beam pistol or a Slasher?

I'm also mind boggled about everything about the drone in that video. First of all, as much time as that drone spent standing still at ground level, I'm amazed that nobody blew it out of the sky. If that's what I think it is, a Particle Nemesis, they're pretty fragile; one burst from a CS at point blank range would have done it. I'm a little weirded out that nobody ran out to kill the droner, but that might have just been because it's such a pain in the neck to get around in the mountains? I'm even more freaked out that the droner was doing his fighting with that drone down in among the scrum; a Particle Nemesis has a good cruising altitude and would have had easier targeting from at least as high up as one of the building roofs.

On an unrelated issue, who's got so much money or self-confidence that they drive a Hovertec to an op fight?

sultana
08-02-05, 13:44
Uhh trying to a get a lock on someone and sniping from really any distance during a fight is next to impossible. With people running around so much, all it takes is for someone to run in front of you and you've lost a lock. And rare drones are lot more studier then just one burst from a cs. I'm not sure about the PN, but the raptor can take maybe 10 hl's.

On the vid, was a great vid :) It's nice to see how other people ppu first hand.

Cadavre
08-02-05, 18:55
but mate ... u need to organise your QB new, it seams kinda unsorted for fast/aqurate unbuffing, so u could perhaps be a'lil faster for unbuffing dmgboost/antishock to your mates. but this is only an option, i (for myself only) try allways to unfreeze/undmgboost my teammates, wether they might need or not :)

I know my belt looks a bit messy, but to me it's the best I can find. I never use the mousewheel, only my keyboard, to switch spells. The quickbelt keys are all around my movement keys, i remapped almost everything, so I have no problem switching from db to para, from s/d combo to antidb/antipara combo, all that while using a psi boost. My hand almost never moves. Before that, when I started playing a ppu, I had all my quickbelt on keys 1234567890 and I used the mousewheel all the time. I quickly understood this was a bad choice :)

The same thing boggles my mind that boggles my mind about so many of these -- the total absence of any kind of snipers, or even stealthers. Why didn't either side have at least one person up on those cliffs with a plasma wave, a sniper rifle, or a laser rifle picking away at people from out of range? And in all that confusion, nobody brought a stealth spy with a tangent beam pistol or a Slasher?

There was, I think, one or two snipers out there, including one of ours. But since I mostly stayed inside the OP with my camera pointing at the ground, you don't see them much. There was a slasher spy, look at him when he's shooting me at the start of Grant fight, when I'm almost dead near the UG.
I don't know why he doesn't move after that, though. He just stands on the boxes. But he's not one of our clan, so I'm not responsible for it :p
Anyway, our spy did a great job at resetting the OP security while we were fighting up there. He managed to get there unnoticed and saved our asses I think. Definitely a key actor, even if (or because) you can't see him anywhere.

I'm also mind boggled about everything about the drone in that video. First of all, as much time as that drone spent standing still at ground level, I'm amazed that nobody blew it out of the sky. If that's what I think it is, a Particle Nemesis, they're pretty fragile; one burst from a CS at point blank range would have done it. I'm a little weirded out that nobody ran out to kill the droner, but that might have just been because it's such a pain in the neck to get around in the mountains? I'm even more freaked out that the droner was doing his fighting with that drone down in among the scrum; a Particle Nemesis has a good cruising altitude and would have had easier targeting from at least as high up as one of the building roofs.

I don't really get it as well. I mean, his position as a drone. But why does he stay there for so long, without us paying attention to him ? Mostly because it's a Nemesis. Had he used a raptor or a mosquito, he would have become a priority target. I hate these...

On an unrelated issue, who's got so much money or self-confidence that they drive a Hovertec to an op fight?

I'd say unconsciousness, but maybe he's filthy rich too, I didn't pay attention. I even see him using assault gliders from time to time. He's the one standing on the roof, at the end of the fight, getting shot at by our heavy tanks. The funny thing is, he made it out there alive :)

[TgR]KILLER
08-02-05, 19:04
the movie is damn nice ^^ makes me wanna level my ppu even faster and go op warring myself again lol..

Kopaka
08-02-05, 19:14
not my kind of music, but nice vid ;)

El Jimben
09-02-05, 01:29
Still can't watch it, bandwidth issues