PDA

View Full Version : [CbT] Language.pak missing - HELP?

ArgieD
06-02-05, 14:21
I have recently formatted my main partition and re-installed my windows with no problems whatsoever. Though, when I tried to install Neocron a problem had occured.

A few seconds after a put in Disk1 for the first time, the installation paused giving me a language.pak missing, Retry, Ignore, Cancel (with skipping not recommended). I pressed Retry, but nothing different happened, then again and again. Eventually I cancelled.

Then tried again. Same language pak missing. This time I chose to skip. I did and it continued and the installation ended ok. Then after I managed to get all the patches applied, the game wouldn't start. I performed a file integrity and lots of french/german/english files where missing. By relaunching the the game, many of them were downloaded automatically but many were still missing; enough for the game not to start. The warning message was asking me to re-install the game if I can't download all the missing files.

Then I uninstalled the game, and proceeded to re-download the entire client, just in case. God bless high broadband speeds and the many other options I had on a Saturday night; client got downloaded.

To my great surprise, the same missing language pak message appeared again.

ANY recommendation guys? Pretty please?

Cheers in advance to those who bother.

-Demon-
06-02-05, 14:47
Ok delete all your temp files, either in windows/temp or will be under Documents and Settings\<your xp login name>.

It may be it's using a cached version of the file, other thing to try is installing while in safe mode. If it keeps happening just on this file seems weird, maybe it's big file and your RAM has a issue get a RAM checker too and maybe check your HDD for errors. I've had in the past things wouldn't install due to broken files or lost sectors.

Nidhogg
06-02-05, 14:52
Do you have a folder called "eng" in the following location:

C:\Program Files\neocron2\language\ger\language

(or wherever you've located you client)? There should just be the one folder. If you don't, copy the eng folder from further up the tree and put it here, then try again.

N

ArgieD
06-02-05, 15:08
I will give it a go with immediate effect and then get back to you ...

cheers

ArgieD
06-02-05, 15:42
Well after i applied all patches, there is a C:\Program Files\neocron2\language\ger\language installed. I do have a few files being corrupted:

language\eng\dialog.ini
language\fra\language\eng\dialog.ini
language\fra\language\eng\help.ini
language\ger\language\eng\dialog.ini

any ideas?
find below screenies of my nightmare:)

Nidhogg
06-02-05, 15:46
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Just copy the Eng ones from further up the tree down below the Ger folder and you'll be in business. I think even creating empty files with those names will actually solve the problem.

N

ArgieD
06-02-05, 15:52
hmm, let me check again. I'll carry out some cross-language file transfering and get back again

thx by the way

ArgieD
06-02-05, 16:08
well moved a bit closer this time.

There are no files that I could possibly copy from the ger or even fra folder to the eng one..unfortunately not.

BUT!

BY creating blank .ini files I managed to get rid 3 out of the 4 offending files. Just because of my bad luck, the

language\fra\language\eng\help.ini

cannot be sorted out by making up a blank one, while I don't think there is another under the eng or ger ones.

Although now there is a help.ini (i made up) under the fra folder i still get that irritating message (see attachment).

:(

Nidhogg
06-02-05, 16:15
I've emailed you the file.

N

ArgieD
06-02-05, 16:17
thx, i will give it a go....

thx

ArgieD
06-02-05, 16:27
Thank you. File received.

I finally got it to start. The only problem that I would try to solve eventually is the absense of sound fx (music is ok; just the sound fx).

When I carry out a file integrity, there are hunders of missing and corrupted files, but not preventing me from starting.

Thx again <==honestly

Hope the idiots who criticise NC2 customer service get a nasty allergy rash for 24 hours :)

Nidhogg
06-02-05, 16:29
There's obviously some root cause problem still to be solved but at least you're up and running now. :) It's worth emailing helpdesk as they may be able to solve the real problem rather than providing a workaround like I just did.

N

ArgieD
06-02-05, 16:34
Thanks Nid, I will.

You may now close this thread if you wish :)

Take care

Nidhogg
06-02-05, 16:41
Closed by thread starter.

N