PDA

View Full Version : London Underground - Mint Song

Tratos
06-02-05, 11:05
A mate on vent last night directed me to this tune, its fucking brilliant, tis most funny.

London Underground - Right Click, Save As...:p (http://www.broken-reality.org/misc/goingunderground.mp3)

imAchair
06-02-05, 14:39
heh nice :) and very true :D

Spermy
06-02-05, 15:00
errr.

song - funny - untrue but funny.

Sounds like a student had to "wait" for a train...

Plus... He does sound a tad like a whinging bastard... which is why it's so funny :p

jernau
06-02-05, 15:18
Which part don't you think is true?

Swearing aside (and anyone that's ever worked in London will tell you it's NOT unwarranted) it's a bloody good summary.

LOST
06-02-05, 15:33
:)

not sure i like the amount of swearing though..
<-- good boy :angel:

london underground -ooo -ooo ....guitar playing spliff smoking hippy student

MkVenner
06-02-05, 18:52
omg rofl....

i fucking hate london transport, and they've jacked the price up for buses again...1 pound sodding 20 now, used to be 70p when i last used one...

Spermy
06-02-05, 18:57
Which part don't you think is true?

Swearing aside (and anyone that's ever worked in London will tell you it's NOT unwarranted) it's a bloody good summary.

Meh.. Maybe not untrue... but definitely blown out of all proportions.

I suggest the author of said song, grow a pair and actually walk (OMG NO!) somewhere. =/

Sorry - I've been subjected to whingy students for the last 2 years, I've met very few who are actually decent people. Pfleh...

jernau
06-02-05, 18:58
They aren't students, they're doctors.

I don't believe it's actually possible to overstate how shite London Transport is.

MkVenner
06-02-05, 19:04
yeah you can walk if its like under 5 miles, but fuck walking to kensington or towerhill from upminster....

Dribble Joy
06-02-05, 20:21
They were lossing stupid amounts of money when it was 70p for a bus ride, it went up to a quid and afaik they were still loosing cash, so up it went again.

Also, the higher prices make the oyster cards (70p a journey still) much more like a good purchase, which removes a lot of faffing about with change and ticket machines and the drivers having to serve each person.
As they make fraud a lot harder, and make the system a lot more efficient, TfL want to get them used more and more, which could explain any price rise as well.

London transport has generally got much better over the last couple of years (buses at least). Don't get me wrong, I fucking hate 'red ken' by the way.
It is hideously expensive to go short distances or make single trips, but a one day travel card is awesome value when you consider what you can do with it, and season cards are great for commuters.

I dunno... I quite like riding the tube.
No chavs in central london (unlike west drayton/uxbridge, the infected hemorriod on the sphincter of Britain).

jernau
06-02-05, 20:35
a one day travel card is awesome value when you consider what you can do with it.
I can't remember ever wanting to do laps of the Circle Line all day counting the buskers though.

London Transport only seems good value to people who've never seen any other similar sized cities IME. The only subway system I've seen that's worse is in NYC and it's tiny compared to the Underground. Their above ground services are much more efficient and cheaper though and filth levels are similar on some lines, better on some.

No chavs in central london (unlike west drayton/uxbridge, the infected hemorriod on the sphincter of Britain).
Hmm... I suppose that depends on exact definitions of "chav". I'd say 99% of the population of London fit my definition.

Talking of scum, TVGoHome fans rejoice - Nathan Barley (http://www.trashbat.co.ck/).....

MkVenner
06-02-05, 20:44
if you want chavs go past upney on the district line and pick a stop, chav city central lol

Spermy
06-02-05, 21:53
They aren't students, they're doctors.

Pfft.. then they're just students who have finished leaching then! :D

I don't believe it's actually possible to overstate how shite London Transport is.

That I agree with... but still. Hehehe

mishkin
06-02-05, 22:00
That guy seriously sounds like he's about to go postal 8|

Mr Kot
06-02-05, 22:06
they've jacked the price up for buses again...1 pound sodding 20 now, used to be 70p when i last used one...

eeeh... and i bet you remember when it was all fields too.... and there was always a bobby when you wanted one..... :D

Revslad
06-02-05, 23:19
£1.20 for a fucking bus???? woah fuck that id rather use me car lol

and yeah last time i got on a bus it was 70p lol. greedy bastards :lol:

msdong
06-02-05, 23:26
the song is cool,i think it fits to a lot of subways out there :D

MkVenner
07-02-05, 02:22
eeeh... and i bet you remember when it was all fields too.... and there was always a bobby when you wanted one..... :D and when the beano was only 10p and there was none of this fancy electo-is-it-e

:p

Mr Kot
07-02-05, 19:11
That guy seriously sounds like he's about to go postal

Postal? POSTAL? Don't get me started on the damn postal service now!! Their strikes etc. piss me off more than the public transport strikes. :mad:

I feel a song coming.....

nobby
08-02-05, 00:42
Made me laugh :lol:
night night guys :)

gonna listen to it in bed :D