PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Problem

Spoon
06-02-05, 01:46
I got a used PC cheap, real cheap...

But it has a problem with the mouse, it boots up ok, but there's no mouse cursor....
It responds to keyboard commands, it's just doesn't seem to recoginize the mouse....

Untill....

I boot it up in safe mode, then the mouse works....

Anyone got a clue as to how to fix it or what I can do while it's in safe mode?

btw, the person I got it off of, said it had a bad motherboard.... :confused:

athon
06-02-05, 02:17
If the mouse is working in safe mode, then it sounds like a driver problem. Check the system control panel and add/remove software control panel and uninstall anything that looks like it might be a mouse driver.

Athon Solo

Spoon
06-02-05, 03:36
Thx Athon....

It worked, uninstalled Logitech Mouseware and removed 4 of the 5 Mouse entries from device manager...
Upon reboot it recoginzed the mouse and installed drivers for it.... :)

Funny thing this about PC is, I bought it and another, from a PC repair shop near here(ones they had sitting around collecting dust in the back).
I paid $20 for both(2 nearly identical Compaq Presarios), I saw the paperwork on them, supposedly they both had bad mobos and one had a bad HD.

Well I got this one working, thx to Athon, and last night I replaced the supposedly bad HD in the other and got it working....

I getting the feeling that my friendly neighborhood PC repairman is ripping people off...... :lol:

Well, I got to go check a bad harddrive to see if it really is bad(never bothered to check it before I replaced it)....

P.S.

Anyone remember how to get rid of the log-on/password prompt on start up(Windows ME)?

-Demon-
06-02-05, 14:40
P.S.

Anyone remember how to get rid of the log-on/password prompt on start up(Windows ME)?

Haven't you got to remove the users from the machine? Pretty sure that worked in Win98, either that or it's a option in control panel. Probably starts asking you when you have multiple users created on the same OS.

Spoon
07-02-05, 07:27
Haven't you got to remove the users from the machine? Pretty sure that worked in Win98, either that or it's a option in control panel. Probably starts asking you when you have multiple users created on the same OS.

Yeah, that's where it was....

For some reason I was thinking it was a registry edit.....

Ninjano2002uk
07-02-05, 08:09
format format :D