View Full Version : Music 'Console' Command

landofcake
05-02-05, 13:04
Was just wondering if anyone knew if there was a command to turn off the music from within the game/console. Someone mentioned it but didn't know the command.

Anyone know ?

Thanks in advance.

Momo Katzius
05-02-05, 13:05
/set ctrl_musicvolume 0

Zheo
05-02-05, 13:24
Go to the Fallen Angel's HQ they play decent music! It's a shame you can't buy an in game walkman for running around listening to your fave. tunes. I'd like Lara's remix tape tbh that's some kick arse im gonna kill ya music!

eLcHi
05-02-05, 19:11
wow, you can turn it on and off ingame ? w00t :D

2 years ... still clueless ;)

imAchair
05-02-05, 19:13
wow, you can turn it on and off ingame ? w00t :D

2 years ... still clueless ;)

lol same here :lol:

Transformer
05-02-05, 21:48
just run winamp and listen to your tunes whiel ingame lol. you can also download necronnetwork launcer and control winamp while ingame. quite nice.

Jesterthegreat
05-02-05, 23:05
just run winamp and listen to your tunes whiel ingame lol. you can also download necronnetwork launcer and control winamp while ingame. quite nice.

my winamp fucked up recently :[

besides... i DL's NNL and it didnt gimme any nice control like NLPro did... so i uninstalled it again. :p

mishkin
06-02-05, 02:10
Can't you just edit the bmusic.ini in the [neocron2]\ini\ folder? I haven't tried it, but it looks simple enough (specify file-paths, all in mp3-format.)
Tricky part would be to get it to play a specific tune at a specific time. Anyway, it's worth a shot. Just to get the cpu-usage down a bit. :rolleyes:

landofcake
06-02-05, 02:56

Use the RM-X control from the winamp site (it's plugin).

It lets you bind keys to do winamp functions even when the window isn't in focus (if you know what i mean). Very useful, although what you need is some sort of overlay that lets you browse for files ;)

landofcake
06-02-05, 02:57
/set ctrl_musicvolume 0

Couldn't get that to work for me either.

mishkin
06-02-05, 03:02
It lets you bind keys to do winamp functions even when the window isn't in focus

Global Hotkeys. I'd love an overlay for winamp, would be very nice :)

alya venus
06-02-05, 03:17
Does little to also go in Options in the menu principal of the play and you cut the music, if it is Ca which you want?
(To excuse me for my English I am French.)

CMaster
06-02-05, 03:27
Heh.
I have it turned offf from the menu. - AND volume all the way down.
Thing is, it is only sometimes works. Other times, I get music anyway.

Vithar
06-02-05, 07:47
/set ctrl_musicvolume 0Couldn't get that to work for me either.That is the correct command. Please make sure that you typed it correctly.

Also, you can type /set ctrl_sfxvolume 0 to turn off sound effects. ;)

I hope this helps.

V

BradSTL
06-02-05, 12:39
This thread finally prodded me into doing something I've been meaning to do for a while: track down exactly which music set it is that I can't stand. Found it! It's the entire clubmusic3 folder, set 16, the one that specifies the background music for the Military Base and inside TGHQ. I've been turning the music off just so I don't get a headache every time I walk into the military base. Now all I have to do is replace those 3 tracks with something else and I can have the music on again.

I love to make fun of the clubmusic1 set, it's something I taunt the Neocron City factions with. The Dome may be a nuked-out rathole, but at least our faction bosses don't make us listen to Yanni while we're at work!

Who did the music for the ./sound/mp3/clubmusic1 through 3 folders, by the way? People seem to spend so much more time in faction HQs now that it's the signature sound of NC2, and as far as I know, it's uncredited.

EDIT: I tried changing one of the sets. I copied my bgmusic.ini file to bgmusic.bak. I then copied 3 VNV Nation tracks that seemed to fit the theme into a new directory under the Neocron2 directory called "mysound", at ./mysound/VNVNation-Anthem.mp3, ./mysound/VNVNation-CirclingOverhead.mp3, and ./mysound/VNVNation-Rubicon.mp3. I then edited set 16, Track1, Track2, and Track3 to those relative path names. Music works everywhere else, but I get no music inside the military base (and presumably TGHQ). An improvement to be sure, but what's the deal? Do mp3s have to be encoded to a specific bit depth to work? Is there a size limit? What?

landofcake
06-02-05, 14:11
That is the correct command. Please make sure that you typed it correctly.

Also, you can type /set ctrl_sfxvolume 0 to turn off sound effects. ;)

I hope this helps.

V

Thanks for clarifying this.