PDA

View Full Version : Flying Vehicles: Help please

frkline
05-02-05, 06:35
hi,

I just lommed to try out these new things i see in the air once in a while I'm running out in the wastes.

Does anyone know of a good tutorial or any other tips/tricks that might come in handy?

Thanks much.

msdong
05-02-05, 07:38
there are some helps in the beginning of the professionsforum and there is a cool thread about gliders like 2 days back.

for a simple how to start ill can offer you this.
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=116094

hope you have a lot of money

Heavyporker
05-02-05, 09:00
I heartily recommend - before you even eyeball an assault glider or hoverbomber - do a lot of practice on a scout glider.

it's ALL timing with the gliders. you better learn how to get a good launch, how to get altitude quickly without crashing, how to do tight turns without crashing, how to do dives without crashing, how to land without annihilating your glider.

Zheo
05-02-05, 13:26
I heartily recommend - before you even eyeball an assault glider or hoverbomber - do a lot of practice on a scout glider.

it's ALL timing with the gliders. you better learn how to get a good launch, how to get altitude quickly without crashing, how to do tight turns without crashing, how to do dives without crashing, how to land without annihilating your glider.

Or just dont bother cos it's a waste of time :)

msdong
05-02-05, 15:03
Or just dont bother cos it's a waste of time :)

isnt the whole game about wasting time ????

ROZZER187
05-02-05, 20:01
hi,

I just lommed to try out these new things i see in the air once in a while I'm running out in the wastes.

Does anyone know of a good tutorial or any other tips/tricks that might come in handy?

Thanks much.

yeah, dont use any vehicles they a waste of points, they really need re working ( collision dmg removed and invisble mountains kk ;p)
but if you want then spec for em but atm they are bugged

Heavyporker
05-02-05, 22:33
Don't listen to Rozzer. He doesn't know anything.

I heartily recommend any of the civilian ground vehicles. They are highly useful for rapid locomotion, and for the right vehicle class - group transport.

msdong
12-02-05, 22:10
today i got bored and get my (rifle) spy a glider.

wow, im really lucky ppl are to lazy spec for VHC. if they do i guess i would get killed out of the sudden by rifle spys standing on high hills.
even mob hunting is much better when you stand on a hill killing stuff from a mile away. and hey i only had a PainEaser.

what a fun day

ROZZER187
13-02-05, 14:03
Don't listen to Rozzer. He doesn't know anything.

I heartily recommend any of the civilian ground vehicles. They are highly useful for rapid locomotion, and for the right vehicle class - group transport.

rofl i never said dont spec at all,he can if he wants to. he was asking for help with flying vehicles, i said there a waste of time.i also said all vehicles are, i meant to edit that and say flying vehicles are a waste of points.

if flying vehicles are so good then how come nobody uses em?? all i see is an endless list of threads talking about how someones glider blew up in mid air, sync'd 5 zones without em. blew up when they spawned at a vehicle depot etc.

all flying vehicles take a stupid ammount of damage from collisions imo they need a theme month not week.

Agent L
13-02-05, 19:34
Hoverbombers and hovercarries are much fun.

Heavyporker
13-02-05, 20:57
Simply reading above refutes your "nobody uses flying vecs" statement.

Next time, think your words through much more carefully.

frkline
14-02-05, 00:46
it's actually been pretty fun, and I'm having wuite a nice time. only blown up 2 gliders by carelessness while trying to take screenies :)

haven't had too much trouble when it comes to zoning, but haven't really tried it that much either.

all in all, it's a pretty cool thing to try. now, if someone could just tell me where to get flying vehicles other than the scout glider ;)

ROZZER187
14-02-05, 11:27
Simply reading above refutes your "nobody uses flying vecs" statement.

Next time, think your words through much more carefully.

in my first post i never said anything about nobody using them, which is why i quoted you, i said that nobody uses vhc at all when i meant to say that nobody uses flying vehicles, hence my 2nd post. this post is about air vehicles, your quoting me as if i said all vehicles are useless. read my post more carefully plz if your going to quote me :rolleyes:

and as for nobody using flying vehicles as i said this in my 2nd post, not my first which is the one you quoted, i see more people using ground vehicles than flying vhc tbh. reason for this is because they need a patch, someone has already made a post on this forum about how many gliders they blew up trying to get from battle dome to an op war. (if collision damage was removed gliders would be worth using, until it is they are a waste of credits and almost all the community knows this) :o

Genty
14-02-05, 13:42
and as for nobody using flying vehicles as i said this in my 2nd post, not my first which is the one you quoted, i see more people using ground vehicles than flying vhc tbh. reason for this is because they need a patch, someone has already made a post on this forum about how many gliders they blew up trying to get from battle dome to an op war. (if collision damage was removed gliders would be worth using, until it is they are a waste of credits and almost all the community knows this) :o

Actually, the reason more people use ground vehicles than air vehicles is because it's much easier to get the needed requirements on ground vehicles. If you can drive all ground vehicles it does not mean you can drive any air vehicles, if you can drive all air vehicles you can drive all ground vehicles.

In my opinion the VHC requirements on air vehicles need to be reduced but there should be an extra, small requirement, of something like Will Power, just to shake it up a little.

Heavyporker
15-02-05, 17:15
That was me with the Glider at OP thing.

And last night I spent a gorgeous 1/2 hour flying a glider across the whole map twice, once to see the warbot statue, and once to fly over the northern ocean (didn't go south because of that abortive first fly south of Neocron City - KK, put some fucking ocean and beach behind Neocron City, you fuckers!)

Nasher
15-02-05, 21:32
The problem with all vehicles is they are to weak and dont deal enough damage for what they are worth, the hoverbombers need to be able to level anything at an outpost that hasn't taken cover. Rhinos should need another rhino or a flying vehicle to kill it effectively. Watching gliders swarm bombers would be something fun :)

Heavyporker
16-02-05, 00:18
what the???

Are you kidding me?

vehicles out-firepower anything else you can hold in your hand.

Woe unto the creature that stands in the gunsight of a rhino turret or 4x4 jeep gun.

MkVenner
16-02-05, 00:23
although a 1200lbs bomb out of a bomber atm is weaker than the chin cannon...

i want apache's and Huey's :p

Jesterthegreat
16-02-05, 01:07
Actually, the reason more people use ground vehicles than air vehicles is because it's much easier to get the needed requirements on ground vehicles.

and there was me thinking it was because a rhino has good resists, good damage and can have an LE repairer up its ass...

silly me

MkVenner
16-02-05, 01:08
and there was me thinking it was because a rhino has good resists, good damage and can have an LE repairer up its ass...

silly me
tad cynical today arent we junkie? :D

Jesterthegreat
16-02-05, 01:12
tad cynical today arent we junkie? :D

i would say yes but its less than 5 characters...