PDA

View Full Version : How many people are getting major Log in bugs now?

Zheo
05-02-05, 00:55
I've spent ages with tech support trying to fix my log in problems but nadda,
one GM said it's my ISP, but i know someone in game whos got the same problems on a different ISP.

so lets see log in problems are if you have any of the following;

No Soullight, money.
No implants
No stats (eg they are all at 0)
No items in Quickbelt or wrong items
No items in gogu or invent or wrong items
Long sync's in or you just don't sync.
Anything else that fixes after you log off and re-log 10 or more times.
Also recently items in my clan appartment have started disappearing.

Funny that last part only started when i logged a support ticket to fix some items that where miss placed that i couldn't remove cos of a bug (you have to empty this cabinate before you can remove it) only it's not a cabinate so you cant empty it. A GM came to remove the items i showed him one, then i got a bug and had to relog. after i get back he's not online and one of my items (not the one i asked to be removed) is gone. fair enough he made a mistake, but he's not online to fix or appologise. I come back about 15 mins later and two more items are missing, i relog and ones back.

So anyone have these problems?

Zheo

boneybob
05-02-05, 01:04
some thing is very very wrong, although, it makes me slightly happier to see that others are having the same problems.

*sees no implants in Gen-Tank, has heart attack, dies, the-end*

sheesh

Nidhogg
05-02-05, 01:11
Is this since the maintenance this morning? Has it improved since the maintenance or stayed the same? BTW, please get back in touch with helpdesk regarding that ticket and they will sort it out.

N

Zheo
05-02-05, 01:13
Is this since the maintenance this morning? Has it improved since the maintenance or stayed the same? BTW, please get back in touch with helpdesk regarding that ticket and they will sort it out.

N

Nidhogg one of the items in the app (a lamp) comes and goes as i log, not sure if the other items are related...

Yes it is Nidhogg infact since the maintenance it's been worse much worse... i'm re-logging twice as much as yesterday.

I agree it does make me feel slightly better knowning im not the only one your the fourth person i know thats having these problems, DreddUK and someone ingame told me they where having loads of log in problems too. I've done everything possible to sort it out on my end with no effect what so ever.

Zheo

boneybob
05-02-05, 01:22
N, yes as Zheo says, this is since the server maintanance thismorning. I have just this second tryed to log-in again and the problem is still their.

Also i have noticed some otehr un-usual stuff since maintance this morning, like my speach not appearing in NC-Trade channel (yes i tested it extensivly with my 2 accounts) and somtimes text being cut off?
Also the in-game forums wernt working properly since maintance.

Hope that info helps.

EDIT: this problem with logging in only started about 30 mins ago, since maintance this morning eveything has been ok up untill this point.

Nidhogg
05-02-05, 01:30
A quick straw poll of the GMs shows that things have generally improved since the maintenance (which is what I would expect). For everyone voting, please only vote based on your experience since the maintenance this morning. Thanks.

N

BradSTL
05-02-05, 01:45
I was having the problem constantly, but so far tonight it's fixed for me.

boneybob
05-02-05, 02:05
I think its important that this isent the same problem as before the maintance.

Before: When entering a zone you get stuck in sync, relog, and if your lucky then end up in a random location back in the zone your were just in.

Now: both of my machines (2 accounts) were logged in, one FREs and i log the other out, switched accounts after turning other PC off. Now when i log in any of my chars on either of the account; some times it just logs in but the "syncronising" thing is their and you cannot move, you are missing as Zheo said SL/Money/Faction symp/implants/quickbelt items/armor/inv randomly, when u relog, the sync might go but your still missing stuff, and when u re-log again some of that stuff might have come back but others are missing again.

Also i edited my last reply, Moast impotantly the problems im having with sync happend the same time as Zheo and began about 40 mins ago now.

Their WAS an improvment after server maintanace this morening, although as i said, i was still haveing intermittent and strange problems with coms later on in the afternoon which i tested with my other char but did not report before the new sync problem occured.

Zheo
05-02-05, 02:16
A quick straw poll of the GMs shows that things have generally improved since the maintenance (which is what I would expect). For everyone voting, please only vote based on your experience since the maintenance this morning. Thanks.

N

Well saddly not for me :( things have taken a turn for the worst i was hoping that everything wood be good as new but saddly not, and the person i spoke to in-game was just before i started this thread aka after the maintense. They sounded very upset. Also i'm added some problems i just remembered so many i forgot some lol.

Cant right click on items or use items in quickbelt.
When ever i use a terminal to go into the in game net NC crashes. and i have to re-load it, also i cant re-log 80% of the time i have to quit nc and reload.

imAchair
05-02-05, 03:42
i got a relog prob where i can relog another alt without having to restart my neocron ... :(

Seven
05-02-05, 08:28
Having the same problems noted in the first post before and after the maintenance.

Ran a file check and defrag on my end, cable ISP seems to be working fine also.

[TgR]KILLER
05-02-05, 11:32
got my account back yesterday.. so due to that i switched between my 4 chars ( and rerolled one ) alot :p only once i got stuck in a sync at login so.. you could call me the mr lucky..

in like 10 hours ( blaim neocrack ^^ ) i'v just crashed 3 times.. and that was all in the last hour i alt tabbed a few times making me crash.. i gues it was telling me to go to sleep :lol:

Zheo
05-02-05, 12:37
I'm still having the log in problems, I've contacted my ISP to see if they can do anything to help as it is possible it could be something to do with them. I'll keep you updated, and if i have alot of luck resolving this through them i'll tell you so you can all go slap your ISP's and tell em to fix problem. But be nice cos they don't know it's occuring :p

Zheo
05-02-05, 16:37
Hey folks an up date on the situation,

Tech support said they have a feeling it could be a problem with the server HOWEVER don't go ranting as this is a guess. So we're just going to have to sit tight and let them work on it, as I stated I contacted my ISP and i'll be working with my helpful Techie Akuji, my ISP Andrews & Arnold, to try and provide any help or solution. I've stated that any tests they want to do i'll be happy to help as i'm having a great deal of problems, i'd assume if a fix works for me it'll most likely work for the rest of the NC community. I know these bugs are annoying and frustarting so some words of advice;

Log off or re-log in a safe zone, it protects you from being ganged while your suffering from one of the bugs.

Note done anything new the crops up (like my new appartment bug). and post on here. That way I can email Akuji so hopefully he can track the problem down faster.

I do have a favour to ask; Could someone take a copy of their Neocron folder (on a seperate hard drive or something). Then run Neocron, quit, and try to delete the copy that you loaded. I get an error message saying it cannon delete because of a file is in use, or protected. I want to see if anyone else is having the same problem:

"Cannot delete HILOGI18.ttf: Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use."

Thats the error message, Akuji says that is a font file and isn't sure why I can't delete it, however after re-booting my computer im able to. This may give some insite into the problem.

Thanks for all the posts I hope we can fix this issue soon, and that i havent over stepped the mark.

Zheo

Xylaz
05-02-05, 16:56
It's NOT isp issue! That's bullshit. sorry.

KK has obviously learned from c2p... Soon they start to telling us that baldness of our character is also ISP issue or lack of DX9 patchxxx or something even more absurd.

Fact is, from a week or so, everyone (under this term i mean undisputable facts gathered from the playing majority) have loggin problems. Items are dissapearing, characters are stucked in sync etc etc. Sometimes we got lucky but sometimes we have to spend 10-15 minutes to relog/log in succesfully.
Which means, database/server is getting more and more messed up. And maintenance didnt help about it. That's it.

Nidhogg
05-02-05, 17:01
As I said earlier on this thread the maintenance yesterday seems to have improved this situation for many people. Also, we get all kinds of login issues that we can and regularly do trace back to ISPs so it's always an avenue to check. If you read Zheo's post (rather than just going off on a rant) you'll see that helpdesk think it might be a server issue so no one's putting all the blame at the door of the ISPs.

N

Brammers
05-02-05, 17:04
I've definatly had most of the problems listed in Zheo's first post, and yes I've had them today as well since the maintenance.

Also I do not believe it is a ISP issue. I have changed from Blueyonder Broadband to Zen Broadband in the last 2 weeks, and I still have the same sync/login problems.

Freaky Fryd
05-02-05, 17:07
No Soullight, money.
No implants

I get everything but the clan apt one.

I haven't had a chance to log in the last couple of days, but over the last 3 weeks or so, my necessary relog number has increased by easily 8 times what it was before.
I used to log in with no problems, or at most having to relog once.
But the last 3 weeks or so, it's been an average of 5-7 necessary relogs before everything is right, with the highest number being as many as 12 relogs...

Ever had a 5 slot, 120-all Healing Light with scope turn into a scope?
THAT was the scariest relog...
8|

Nidhogg
05-02-05, 17:10
Please post if you notice an improvement the next time you log in.

N

boneybob
05-02-05, 17:27
Good ,news, shortly after poasting my last reply to this thread i went to sleep, and have just loged back into NC on both of my accounts no problem (18 hours later :D ).

So has the issue been resolved?

Ta

Seven
05-02-05, 18:02
I just tried it, everything looked fine except I had zero cash, zero SL, all FS set to 1.

Relog, stuck in sync, came here and wrote this, getting some lunch now..

Brammers
06-02-05, 01:24

N

Was good until now.

Attempt 1 - Got a no money/SL/Implants/Items perma-syncing bug.
Attempt 2 - Ok

Ministry
06-02-05, 01:47
well ive never really had much problems with this in the past, and since ive logged in since maintainance, i still havnt had a problem

Zheo
06-02-05, 13:07

N

Last night I had a drastic improvement, I only had to re-log once, and that was because my inventery was messed up, But i'd also been using my other character with out having to re-log at all. I'd say it dropped from 15 re-logs to 0.25 re-logs (meaning I log on 4 times and one time I had to relog)

-Edit-

Just tired to log on and it's not worse than ever, I can't actually log on now, I just get stuck with a 0 character, 0 stats, 0 soullight and money and stuck in Sync. Either that or I just get a black screen with Sync. That was about 6 attempts.

Zheo
06-02-05, 13:15
It's NOT isp issue! That's bullshit. sorry.

My brother who has nothing to do with Neocron OR KK told me it "could" be a problem I'll post the email:

Dale Piggott wrote:

> Just spoken to an game master (about something to do with my appartment lol
>
> He said it could be my ISP... which would kinda make sense because this started when i switched to AnA but i didn't think anything off it.
>
> Not that i know anything about this he could be talking BS cos not everyone who says they know stuff has an IQ :)
>
> So im gonna ask you, is there ANY chance that my log on problems could have something to do with Andrews and Arnold, if so i'll contact them and see if KK AnA and me can work something out.

Yes there's a chance. A&A can be helpful - they can put a packet dump on the line to help resolve problems but depending on the situation that might not help.

Have you re-done the rules or done the clear-logs-retry yet?

aD

-End-

So you see it COULD be an ISP there is a slim chance i didnt say it was i didnt say that it IS I said it "COULD" see that word there C O U L D, so stop going off on one because you don't want to blame everyone but KK. Accept they are working on it, and copy the following:

Yes there's a chance. "YOUR ISP" can be helpful - they can put a packet dump on the line to help resolve problems but depending on the situation that might not help.

-End-

Then mail it to your ISP's helpdesk and see what happens, I did and although i've had no reply I've noticed an improvement in my log in, so perhaps they've done it and not told me or perhaps it just cleared on it's own or perhaps KK have done something?

Right enough ranting at your post...

Akuji
06-02-05, 13:51
We are looking into these problems. We don't ever rule anything out until it's been proven that its for sure, MY problem is these issues are affecting random people with practically no commons between them except neocron and the fact that they are online and use pc's :p (*groan* yeah I'm sad O_o) So it's very hard for me to isolate the problem.

I'm waiting on word back from the in-house staff (I'm a volunteer) though that could be tomorrow at the earliest i think. Also most people's problems seem to clear up over time, wich of course leads us to head towards the ISP issues point. Remember that we always try to keep an open mind and don't rule anything out.

On topic (regarding the poll)

I always get in first time, no synch problems at all on 1mb dsl.

edit : In cases like this the first finger of blame is always to reakktor, wich is not entirely fair, nor is it unfair, however with co-operation we can get closer to solving this, so please don't rant about it, help us to help you :).

Not aimed at Zheo (or anyone really) who has been very patient and understanding wich I appreciate greatly.

Further Edit : This is not an "official post" its a personal heads up to let you know we're working on it. So don't quote me ;)

landofcake
06-02-05, 14:09
I get these problems regularly, yesterday i had long syncs, black screen syncs, no cash/no sl bug, no items, RPOS resetting (that's such a pain in the arse, it happened twice yesterday) and for some reason on one occassion i logged in and had the default PE skin from NC1 ...

Zheo
07-02-05, 19:52
It's me again muahaha,

Andrews & Arnold just got back to me, they said:

I have checked the logs on your line and I can see that it has been
dropping out quite regularly which may be the reason you are having
problems (although you have not said what problems you are having)

Can you tell me whether the ADSL router is connected to the master
socket or an extension. Can you also check whether you have any problems
with the voice side of the line, also does the router looses sync when
it drops out.

-end-

So it could be a problem with my conntection to them, hardware or whatever the electronics in my flat are as stable as jelly mmmm jelly..

Anyways I've replied to them and I'll keep you all informed, if this does turn out to be a problem with my isp I suggest you all get incontact with yours because KK wont beable to fix it, and if your ISP says nothing then reply with (fine i'll leave to Andrews & Arnold) that should get em shifting

Also just for the record I had none of these problems before switching to AnA so it could very well be a problem with my ISP or it may not be anything to do with them...

Fact is no one knows for sure what is causing this and until we do, like Akuji said don't rule anything out.

Zheo

Selendor
07-02-05, 22:53
I just had this problem, have been having it consistently on all characters for the last month or so. I NEVER had this problem before, and my net connection is Blueyonder 1.5 Megabit, always fast.

For me the fact that so many users started to get these problems (incomplete logins) across all PCs and net connections points to something at the Neocron end.

Dribble Joy
07-02-05, 23:03
Ping, band width and what your computer is doing at the time you try to log in will affect log in problems as much as KK/server stuff.

I hardly have any problems with logging into NC when my comp is doing nothing else.
If I am running about 10 pages on IE, winamp, skill manager, explorer and having 50kb/s DL - 20kb/s UL on a torrent, then connecting to NC is a tad trickier.

Xylaz
07-02-05, 23:17
not that i have anything important or new to said, but...

Since maintenance server is getting worse every day. Today i actually spent more time trying to log in than playing itself - in total 97+ tries (30 mins of trying to log in and get rid of syncs, 5 mins of buying armor than again 15 mins of syncs) while trying to log in on one char then log back.

It was always quite common, but not with such intensity. Guess it was the maintenance which "cleaned" it up a bit, eh?

Funny thing was, when i finally managed to logged in, after 30 mins and hundreds of relogs, i zoned, synced and got warped into wasteland, killed by a grim, crashed, stucked in another sync for 10 mins, then finally relogged dead in my app with 80% si...

But yeah, neocron is cool. KKeep up the good work...

Selendor
07-02-05, 23:29
My Ping is good, PC just booted, no trouble with other games....

However, just a quick question, is anyone else running Ventrilo when these problems are happening?

Phlith
07-02-05, 23:49
So yeah, ive been trying to log in for about 10 mintutes now.. I just get stuck in sync or fatal.. im giving up

edit: Please if any mods are lookin at this, for people that have routers.. do we need to open up ports?

Freaky Fryd
08-02-05, 00:59
I played a little last night...switch characters about 8 times, and relogged an additional 4-6 times, and the biggest problem I had was an extra long sync which I came out of after about 8 seconds.

BIIIIG improvement over the performance the last while...

Seven
08-02-05, 01:22
My Ping is good, PC just booted, no trouble with other games....

However, just a quick question, is anyone else running Ventrilo when these problems are happening?

I have nothing running when I play Neocron, I even shut down Norton anti-virus.

Maybe we should have all the stuff Dribble is running, we might actually have better luck. :confused:

zii
08-02-05, 19:42
I've had all of these but they are unrelated to the last maintenance. I have had them since NC1 and they never went away, although over the past month I have noticed an increase.

I've spent ages with tech support trying to fix my log in problems but nadda,
one GM said it's my ISP, but i know someone in game whos got the same problems on a different ISP.

No Soullight, money.
No implants

Funny that last part only started when i logged a support ticket to fix some items that where miss placed that i couldn't remove cos of a bug (you have to empty this cabinate before you can remove it) only it's not a cabinate so you cant empty it. A GM came to remove the items i showed him one, then i got a bug and had to relog. after i get back he's not online and one of my items (not the one i asked to be removed) is gone. fair enough he made a mistake, but he's not online to fix or appologise. I come back about 15 mins later and two more items are missing, i relog and ones back.

So anyone have these problems?

Zheo

Xylaz
08-02-05, 21:26
for me, all those problems seem to be increasing with every day.

2 hours ago i started playing NC, have done few things then I wanted to relog and... i keep syncing, getting missing items, no SL/money etc. Took me an HOUR (yes, 60 fuckin minutes of constant relogging) to finally break in...
Can someone explain this?

but yeah, neocron is cool

just...

...at its current state this game is unplayable to me.

Zheo
09-02-05, 11:40
...at its current state this game is unplayable to me.

Agreed :) not much we can do atm, KK are working on it hang tight.

MISS WHIP
09-02-05, 12:08
Ive had all the bugs -"features"- stated by the thread starter as of late together with a few new ones..
Out at desert raceteack running around and all of a suddern im dead on the floor "shit sniper i thought" then I gr into someone's apartment in DOY with no synaps.
He was not impressed and to try and explain what happened was a waste of time so i just Gr out again.
Get on my hovetech and zone between I05/I06 and im dead again with a
"you are dead please select GR" which i cant do 30 seconds later im in J10 with no hovotech and no synaps...hope the damm hovotech is ok i just bought it :lol: :lol:

Zheo
10-02-05, 00:09
Ive had all the bugs -"features"- stated by the thread starter as of late together with a few new ones..
Out at desert raceteack running around and all of a suddern im dead on the floor "shit sniper i thought" then I gr into someone's apartment in DOY with no synaps.
He was not impressed and to try and explain what happened was a waste of time so i just Gr out again.
Get on my hovetech and zone between I05/I06 and im dead again with a
"you are dead please select GR" which i cant do 30 seconds later im in J10 with no hovotech and no synaps...hope the damm hovotech is ok i just bought it :lol: :lol:

Did the see the video clip of the pe "spy" who was drving a rhino which turned into a hoverbike then dissappeared and was replaced by 2 wb's and some other mobs, and the he died... lol it was funny shite but really bad bug.

Asurmen Spec Op
10-02-05, 01:26
not that i have anything important or new to said, but...

Since maintenance server is getting worse every day. Today i actually spent more time trying to log in than playing itself - in total 97+ tries (30 mins of trying to log in and get rid of syncs, 5 mins of buying armor than again 15 mins of syncs) while trying to log in on one char then log back.

It was always quite common, but not with such intensity. Guess it was the maintenance which "cleaned" it up a bit, eh?

Funny thing was, when i finally managed to logged in, after 30 mins and hundreds of relogs, i zoned, synced and got warped into wasteland, killed by a grim, crashed, stucked in another sync for 10 mins, then finally relogged dead in my app with 80% si...

But yeah, neocron is cool. KKeep up the good work... Im pulling the bullshit card.
Ive been through alot of shit but fuck you must have the WORST computer and internet the most ive ever synched is 4times.
6when my ISP was fucking around but it doesnt count.
Really, This is the biggest BS ive heard, and yes I read my posts so thats some big feat there

Zheo
10-02-05, 01:29
Im pulling the bullshit card.
Ive been through alot of shit but fuck you must have the WORST computer and internet the most ive ever synched is 4times.
Really, This is the biggest BS ive heard, and yes I read my posts so thats some big feat there

Just because your not expernicening these problems is no reason to go off on ojne Asurmen, I hope you start having the problems where having so you can see for your self how frustrating it is.

Asurmen Spec Op
10-02-05, 01:30
Just because your not expernicening these problems is no reason to go off on one Asurmen, I hope you start having the problems where having so you can see for your self how frustrating it is. hey if I belive its total crap I can voice that, and I do have issues, no one doesnt.

But that is total overexageration, unless his ISP/CPU is in need of some serious repair

every 3 or 4times I switch charecters I get suck with a bug, but I dont care its 30 seconds and doesnt happen more then 4 times. EVER

Tostino
10-02-05, 01:41
It's been so bad lately... Just laging out in opwars and alot of log in bugs that I normaly need to restart my comp for. It is bad but I can deal with it ;)

Xylaz
10-02-05, 01:45
Im pulling the bullshit card.

I'm in a good mood. I'm a teacher. So even despite the obvious lack of intelligence in this ape-kind of brain, i'll try to explain. Simply. And Slowly. MMkay?
Now attention and concentrate please, i'll try to explain :p
It all begun about week ago (as with many other people) and seem to getting worse every day. It increased tremendously after the so called 'maintenance', it was unplayable yesterday but calmed down a bit today (usual 2-3 relogs and that's all).
summary: it happened 1 week ago, problems were only with NC and nothing else, i'm not an idiot as the opposite to some other guy out there so i know what's going on with my isp and comp, the only problem i got was with NC. Not with my isp or anything else. Before that time, i didnt have any problems with NC. Ah, it isnt worth it, i guess... I am aware you probably cannot understand what i was trying to say here, but nevermind, at least i gave it a try...

What is more important, it seems that today everything has calmed down a little - all those rellogging nightmares and missing item problems. Can anyone confirm this (from the people who were affected by it, of course)?
Has KK done something with the server/database today? Or maybe i was wrong after all and it was some routing issue somewhere in the path to KK servers?
It would have to be somewhere in Germany though, as many european players were/are affected by that.
Bah i'm not so sure now

Asurmen Spec Op
10-02-05, 02:01
I'm in a good mood. I'm a teacher. So even despite the obvious lack of intelligence in this ape-kind of brain, i'll try to explain. Simply. And Slowly. MMkay?
Now attention and concentrate please, i'll try to explain :p
It all begun about week ago (as with many other people) and seem to getting worse every day. It increased tremendously after the so called 'maintenance', it was unplayable yesterday but calmed down a bit today (usual 2-3 relogs and that's all).
summary: it happened 1 week ago, problems were only with NC and nothing else, i'm not an idiot as the opposite to some other guy out there so i know what's going on with my isp and comp, the only problem i got was with NC. Not with my isp or anything else. Before that time, i didnt have any problems with NC. Ah, it isnt worth it, i guess... I am aware you probably cannot understand what i was trying to say here, but nevermind, at least i gave it a try...

What is more important, it seems that today everything has calmed down a little - all those rellogging nightmares and missing item problems. Can anyone confirm this (from the people who were affected by it, of course)?
Has KK done something with the server/database today? Or maybe i was wrong after all and it was some routing issue somewhere in the path to KK servers?
It would have to be somewhere in Germany though, as many european players were/are affected by that.
Bah i'm not so sure now I lost you at MKay ;)
I kid, im just mad today, refrase it as this

I have never had it that bad I think your leing

imAchair
10-02-05, 02:17
this is my problem i didnt read the start cos i got work to do but every time i log in when i wanna log a different alt it just doesnt let me :( so i have to exit all of neocron and go back in and its not cos my alt hasnt logged off properly.

- night

Xylaz
10-02-05, 02:26
I lost you at MKay ;)
I kid, im just mad today, refrase it as this

I have never had it that bad I think your leing

its quite funny, actually :)
So... if your friend's father (neighbour, whatever) would die out of cancer and said friend would tell u about it you would accuse the friend of lieing because u never experienced it by yourself?
Or when u heard about the big bad tsunami destroying the cities you wouldnt believe in it because your sea behind the window in some shiny florida (just example) state is clear?
or if someone told you his comp just got burned you wouldnt believe him as well, because "u never had it that bad"?

Think before you post. Its not that you dont have the right of doubt, its just your arguments are idiotic.

Asurmen Spec Op
10-02-05, 03:18
So... if your friend's father (neighbour, whatever) would die out of cancer and said friend would tell u about it you would accuse the friend of lieing because u never experienced it by yourself?
Or when u heard about the big bad tsunami destroying the cities you wouldnt believe in it because your sea behind the window in some shiny florida (just example) state is clear?
or if someone told you his comp just got burned you wouldnt believe him as well, because "u never had it that bad"?

Think before you post. Its not that you dont have the right of doubt, its just your arguments are idiotic. :)
all the people I know who play NC have never had this bad, and all of them have been playing in the last weeks, i emailed em and asked.
But MMMKKKKAAAYYY

Seven
10-02-05, 03:29

Think before you post. Its not that you dont have the right of doubt, its just your arguments are idiotic.

That's why I don't bother replying to his post anymore. ;)

Asurmen Spec Op
10-02-05, 05:56
[ edited ]

PS: Im just like this on the forums cuz um... I dunno I can :)

Zheo
10-02-05, 09:44
Bah i'm not so sure now

It did clam down slightly for me as well, also another time it clamed down about 3 days ago at night (uk time) it was good :)

Also im not sure if i mentioned this before but when I access the ingame forum the game crashes.

Xylaz
10-02-05, 09:49
[ edited ]

oh well, i knew it was pointless...
but can a mod edit naughty words from his posts or do I (we) have the right to reply back and vent some anger on a poor innocent kid?

Anyways, there are lots of flaming going on on the forums right now without getting any notice from the mods? Some new forum strategy? I can understand therapeutic ability of such an anonymous taking of the stress, but it works only short term afaik. In longer perspective it would only increase the range of psychosis :)

SorkZmok
10-02-05, 09:58
I`m getting the 50 health, no items, endless synch one pretty often. At least every 5th time i try to log in.

Bugs Gunny
10-02-05, 10:04
i log in with BUGS a lot....... (stupid jokke, i know)

But yes, a month or so ago it started going bad for me too. 50 bug, llong synchs, rightclick bug a LOT.

Nidhogg
10-02-05, 10:17
[ edited ]

Think again.

Flames aside, next time anyone experiences a login problem please try this. Exit the game entirely, wait for five real minutes (not just 1 minute and convince yourself it's 5) and try again.

N

Purple
10-02-05, 10:25
my main problem seems to be logging in my tank and getting a ppu dunno whos ppu but goddam did he/she have a messy inventory full of shite

thats and yes sl and money at 0 then relog items missing yeah niddy relloging after 5 mins of exiting seems to help except when u reolg and have another bug e.g items missing

this was yesterday

CMaster
10-02-05, 10:27
I still get the login bug quite rarely (maybe 1 in 10 to 1 in 20 logins).
However, what I am getting a lot of is being just walking/driving along - and suddenly it comes up as synchronising. After this finishes, I get warped - normall across the zone or rotated where I am, but sometimes just to another zone.

Zheo
15-02-05, 23:49
Hey folks time for another lovely update.

I've spoken to two KK techies, my ISP and my brother who's a techie, i've done a number of things, got a router, re-installed NC a few times blah blah. the usual crap.

basically it comes down to this:

ISP = Your connection is fine nothing pinging out or dropping off, contact your game's helpdesk again.

NC Techies = I've loged on with your account no problems, could you send me your error.log (for the 3rd time) and contact your ISP.

Adding to the list of bugs: Channels not working, cannot access city coms without crashing.

I think what my brother said, said how i feel the best "Geeze game crashes when you access the city com... sounds like bad programing."

Or maybe just maybe it's what i said all along. There is a problem between my computer and KK's server with my account and downloading the information or keeping me on, perhaps the server thinks im banned or something. I dunno but I'm getting really tired of playing NC atm it's becoming a chore not a pleasure, and i'm getting no where with the helpdesk, either they have no clue or there not even trying but since 57 people who read the english forums are expenrencying this i think it's about time KK had a deeper look. I've looked at it from KK's point of view (they cant see anything wrong so it's hard to fix it) and now im looking at it from mine. (im paying for a game I can barely play and im paying more than I used to and getting much much less).

Oh well sorry for the flaming i'm just tired of syncing to death, and getting botted or dropped from the server every 5 mins....yeah that about says it.

Is it getting better for anyone? have they done anything that magically fixed things?

Also is it just me or do these problems get better and worse at different times?

Xylaz
16-02-05, 00:38
its a tricky one, i have to admit.

Yes, all my problems magically dissapeared after one week. Well, maybe not exactly dissapeared but changed to acceptable lvl (2-3 relogs and that's all).

So, my first choice was that it is a routing issue. Not exactly at KK, maybe there are some problems around/near them. Last time i had those sync problems, all my friends from the same country had exactly the same problems as well. When it stopped, it stopped for all of us. So it might have also been ISP i thought though it affected only NC and nothing more. All pings were ok, there was no data loss or corruption anywhere besides NC client...
Also, you will have lots more sync problems when u have more items in your inventory. That feral day when i've spend over 1 hour trying to log in i actually tried to log in my researcher who was fully loaded with all existing drones and bps (around 100+ items) in his inventory.
I'm not an expert so i cant really tell to what extent those factors can affect each other.
As for now, problems stopped for me, without any visible reasons.

Zheo
16-02-05, 08:52
As for now, problems stopped for me, without any visible reasons.

Well that sux cos i'm still getting em, not as bad but the main underlying ones like not being able to access com system, and getting booted off the server for no reason (which is why alll the channels go dead. ugh I hope a patch comes out soon and fixes all of this.

msressi
30-03-05, 17:32
OK, first I log in up to 43 times (that was the record so far) to arrive not synching.
Then I have to check cash and SL and the quickbelt for anything amiss.
Then implants and armor, then open a cab or gogu and try to take something out or put something in.
If all that works I now have to try to open a door.
If that works, I am 75% sure I am not bugged.
The newest bug is that then I have to try to place a piece of furniture and if that works I am most likely NOT bugged.
How is that for fun and relaxation??????????? and I am still paying for 3 accounts
Also the bugs are getting more and more it only started with no cash and/or SL, now the others I meantioned above have been added

Dr Strange
30-03-05, 17:53
It is not the ISP's, at least thats my personal opinion.

I know at least 5+ people, on different ISP's, in various contries, who get all the listed synch problems.

Maybe, maybe down the line (shown by a tracert possibly) there's a small lag bump in the various hops between some users and the game servers/login servers. However, these are not the ISP's fault. Sure if it is as suggested just a small hop somewhere, probably a router that needs a specific packet sent through a certain port or series of ports, it may be up to ISP's to "fix" this.

But most, won't. I've used the same ISP for almost 5 years. Way back in 2000 before I played D2, I was still playing Starcraft. To get a good ping back then a certain # of ports had to be open (before they had the regional 'gateway' servers). Sure I didn't ping bad but compare it to NC2 today, decent ping but for your broadband you expect much, much better. And what did my ISP tell me? They won't simply open such ports or recheck routers along their lines simply to satisfay an online game.

Some would say "Well you should change ISP's then." Sure, thats an option. I can think of 1 ISP that caters specifically to gamers, and thats SpeakEasy DSL which isn't avaible everywhere, those lucky to get it keep it. For me I can use Verizon DSL, AOL "Highspeed Broadband", Earthlink DSL (also supported by my current ISP, Time Warner), and Bellsouth DSL (southern usa company). And back then only a couple of those along with Time Warner were around. Most will tell you the same, they won't specifically alter their connections to backbones or outside network sources for customer usage in an online game. Long as they fit their advertised speeds overall, they're within their legal contract.

Which also means that somewhere along those hops and router lines, on the server side something could be done to tweak the settings of speed and packets.

I mentioned this in other threads and if it's said here, I'm sorry but I'm gonna repeat it anyway:

How are new players (customers mind you, paying customers) going to feel when the Internation Release hits and they pay their money, install NC2, patch up and roll a new character only to get a "50/50" synch bug at the new character MC5 area? Or fully synch in but the "right click" bug where they can't click to open a door or even zone out of the new character MC5 area?

As a customer, if you having never played this game (say you heard about it from friends or saw a magazine ad) did this would you honestly keep playing? Myself I'd research it and see if its a rarity or a common problem. If common, I'd heavily evaluate how good I think the game is. Above average, keep playing. Average, not worth the hassle of relogging every other login due to synch bugs.

And that's assuming the average player does the research. Most people wouldn't update their game clients if it wasn't an auto updated feature most MMORPGS have (of course they couldnt login to the server with different client versions but that was mostly a first person shooter type thing that does happen).

I realize the servers are overseas from me (I'm American, if that wasn't obvious by now). I average a 150 ping. It sucks but I deal with it. I could deal with all of it easily even though the UK/German players usually range a nice 80 or less ping (an acceptable range) if I didn't have to relog every other login attempt or relog cause I zoned and warped into someone elses body (oh what fun that is) or zone and find myself dead with no mobs or players or anything near us (team members verifying nothing attacked me).

While this thread is good to scope who has problems with what, personally I think a better thread would be "Ok, after International Release, any bugs with item tracking and such put on hold. Target efforts on synch bugs, login bugs and the memory leak" and put a poll with that, which I'm sure most people can agree is more important for new players to actually be able to play the game, instead of losing their tl 2 lazar pistol and use item tracking to recover it.

[PiN]Fluffy
31-03-05, 04:18
IM not EVen gonna get started. I mean on my spy i take drugs and i relog and by the FUCKING TIME i get in game sucessfully my beast, nightspider AND Redflash RAN!!! WTF!!?!?!? an this REALY did happen i relog that many times.

Castoff
31-03-05, 06:39
Still continues on my end.
No inventory , black screens , right click bugs , no cash , no SL , no Implants ( that one really scared me ) Does not matter which PC I use, which account I use, or if both PCs are on at the same time and both accounts logging in at once.
I thought it was my connection or my PCs. Both are newly built. Problem is irritating :(

MeWhiteWolf
31-03-05, 06:44
the mission error/crash for me can be avoided by right click wait 30 sec then missions, if i click one then the other fast - bang on desktop.

my logins have not improved, i use 2 different isp's one on cable at home and one on adsl at work (i know i'll get flamed for calling it work when NC is installed)

i still get the 50/50 bug and slow synchs, i synched out the other day after i died - logged in alive at the spot i died with no armour and the SI from death - and big shock - died to the same grim ;)

I have a friend using a third ISP - though dial-up and he is experiencing the same issues.

sultana
31-03-05, 10:03
Fluffy']IM not EVen gonna get started. I mean on my spy i take drugs and i relog and by the FUCKING TIME i get in game sucessfully my beast, nightspider AND Redflash RAN!!! WTF!!?!?!? an this REALY did happen i relog that many times.
:lol:
Anyone else find something funny about that? :rolleyes:

Capt. Rik
31-03-05, 10:10
Fluffy']IM not EVen gonna get started. I mean on my spy i take drugs and i relog and by the FUCKING TIME i get in game sucessfully my beast, nightspider AND Redflash RAN!!! WTF!!?!?!? an this REALY did happen i relog that many times.

If you're re-logging to remove drug flash then i'm pretty sure that's an exploit ;)

Bugs Gunny
31-03-05, 10:12
I die at least once a day to logging in a combat char or relogging and getting the bad bugs.

It all used to be fine, untill i had this:

Log in, first attempt fails, click resume and it works (if i don't get the missing sl etc bug).

Then my server crashed badly, so i switched to ICS via my main machine. This makes it so that my main machine now has another bug with neocron.
I can connect once, like usual, but when i try to log out and resume or use a different char i get join proxy session failed. I have to leave the game completely. I'm going to get a router this weekend and see what kind of problems that'll give me.

I get a lot less FRE'S in NC2, but seriously the log in bugs are WORSE than NC1.

MeWhiteWolf
31-03-05, 13:21
when u use ics and log out on the gateway machine don't let the counter reach 0 - just alt-F4 before then, then u can log in again.
That one's been aroung since NC1 - had it my whole nc life.
if u let the counter reach 0 then disconnect and reconnect to internet and join proxy will not happen - till the next time counter = 0

Xylaz
31-03-05, 15:11
:lol:
Anyone else find something funny about that? :rolleyes:

Yes, spies are gimped and they have to use drugs because without them they are useless.

Without this little "funny" thing, spies would be useless as well as no one would want to play for 30 mins than wait another 30 mins for the drugflash to wear off.

Give us access to inq1 armor and shelter without drugs and you wont have to worry about those "funny things" anymore.

spy

Bugs Gunny
31-03-05, 15:21
There's a way to get rid of the drugflash, it involves gourmet meals, a lot of rest and some strippers.

sultana
01-04-05, 04:25
You don't have to drug as a spy, you can use inq 1 armour without a beast/xstrong.

Stealth can make up for any drugging that you don't do.

Still the balance issues with spies wasn't the thing I was on about, as you know.