PDA

View Full Version : Hello... KK ?

D1S
04-02-05, 20:13
I know this is a stupid question... what is the ETA on the next patch please, I've been waiting for weeks now and this is pretty much taking the pish seeing as I am a paying customer and I feel KK are just leading me on.... please get the patch sorted KK as i'm sick of all the bullshit in the game at the moment,

ta.

athon
04-02-05, 23:36
How can KK be leading you on when they never give patch dates?

EVERYONE knows patches are "when it's done!" (c) (TM) (R) (whatever)

If you don't like the game, leave. A patch very rarely drastically changes the game (NC1 patch 160 - that's about all I can think of).

Athon Solo

Social-Zero
04-02-05, 23:43
to people asking for patches or info : give up... like we all did

giga191
05-02-05, 00:27
Well they didn't know that we wanted a patch until this thread so they will start making it now. :rolleyes:

dem0n
05-02-05, 00:28
yeah I know how you feel, you want frequent patches that fix small things rather than one big patch which comes out every month and a half, meanwhile you have to live with things during those 6 weeks.

but I can't blame them, it's a lot of work to do internal testings by yourself [no community support], and then taking down the servers to patch them.

Nidhogg
05-02-05, 00:31
I can assure you that we're not sitting on our hands here. We have a serious time pressure to prepare the game for the international release and all that entails (including item tracking, remember) and that kind of effort take time. I can't give you a date, just the assurance that it will be released as soon as its ready.

N

D1S
05-02-05, 01:20
How can KK be leading you on when they never give patch dates?

EVERYONE knows patches are "when it's done!" (c) (TM) (R) (whatever)

If you don't like the game, leave. A patch very rarely drastically changes the game (NC1 patch 160 - that's about all I can think of).

Athon Solo

All i can say is pressure from the work lads is beginning to pull me else where, I probably will leave sooner rather than later...
And yes I feel they are leading me on as nids big announcement on the plans, yet we havnt seen any evidence of character fix's and the fixing of imp drops etc.
I aint having a go at u nid, i respect you as a member of the community, however KK in general are pushing people away, even oldies like me who have played for over 2 years. I've stuck by KK through thick and thin yet they still fail to deliver. I thought they were really beginning to make progress when they added a patch every week or so, but that just stopped.
Games like EQ2 for example, they add new stuff all the time, they reset the server every 24 hours or so, what is so hard about this? Do you really expect paying customers to keep waiting months at a time for a game that is hammerd with bugs and bad FPS while you take months to make a patch that will just add more bugs...
Just some food for though guys, if this patch really does come make sure its spot on!

/End_rant 1

Nidhogg
05-02-05, 01:25
I appreciate your concern and we've been putting a lot of pressure on the devs to get this patch complete so we can address these character issues. Unfortunately, we're waiting on the patch before we can do that which I mentioned in the update.

N

/edit - I'm thinking of asking Seminus to send Mr. Jones to pay a visit on Codi as an added "incentive". ;)

D1S
05-02-05, 01:34
It is nice of you to reply to my rant thread nid, I know how shit it feels when dealing with bad vibes all the time, I get it a lot in my job.

Well I got 2 accounts just paid for which will last for 3 months or so, i'm hoping that everything will begin to unfold within this time, then I can think about my options a bit more when hopefully KK has got the patches rolling out.

athon
05-02-05, 04:04
Neocron, unlike EQ, doesn't have the backing of a megacorp like Sony.

Neocron, unlike EQ, doesn't have a 13% share of the MMOG market (source mmogchart.com), the money which comes with such a player base.

Neocron most likely has a much smaller dev team than EQ.

Neocron, unlike EQ, is based off a bastardised 4 year old engine that KK seem intent on breaking just to get a "headline grabbing" boss mob.

Neocron 2, unlike EQ2, hasn't yet been officially released in all territories.

And msot of all, Neocron, unlike EQ, doesn't have a long track record of frequent updates and expansions.

The recent announcements from KK and appoint of Nidhogg as community liason doesn't mean KK is suddenly going to church out a patch every week that fixes all the major bugs in Neocron. It's just not going to happen.

In fact, other than increased communication from KK, which is nice, I am currently sceptical that anything new will happen. As I said before, why do KK need to appoint someone to tell them that we want what they promised us 6 months ago in their plan files and NC2 announcements.

From what you're saying it sounds like you're waiting for a patch that's going to fix all the bugs, memory leaks and FRE's and give everyone a steady 200 fps everywhere. Well I've got news for you - it'll never happen.

My advice is that if you don't like playing the game as it is now, leave and go out with your mates or whatever, you'll be a much happier person.

Athon Solo

dem0n
05-02-05, 16:17
I completely understand you, but you've managed to point out a rational comparison of NC and EQ, KK and Sony.

all of what was said will happen, sooner or later, but your expecting KK to give EQ performance. it's always reasonable to say that the staff should grow with the player base population, thats happening right now I believe. but having a huge staff to get everything done on time is just too big a luxury, pay them, pay the space their using, pay the taxes on his pay, etc. it's pure mathematics, the more players, the more money, the bigger staff you can afford to have. again, EQ had money from Sony, that changes everything for them. at the beggining they could have had a large staff which was wasting more money than making, because Sony was paying the bills, now who can do that for KK?

Xylaz
05-02-05, 17:20
it's pure mathematics, the more players, the more money, the bigger staff you can afford to have.
[...]
at the beggining they could have had a large staff which was wasting more money than making, because Sony was paying the bills, now who can do that for KK?

...all the players who left due to bugs and broken/failed promises.

It's pure mathematics - take the population numbers from the end of nc1 (3-5 times higher than now) and check how much % KK have lost. Guess the reason.
Now note the current pop numbers and check it again in 2 weeks. Check how much % of the population will drop again. Guess the reason again.

D1S
06-02-05, 03:43
Neocron, unlike EQ, doesn't have the backing of a megacorp like Sony.

Neocron, unlike EQ, doesn't have a 13% share of the MMOG market (source mmogchart.com), the money which comes with such a player base.

Neocron most likely has a much smaller dev team than EQ.

Neocron, unlike EQ, is based off a bastardised 4 year old engine that KK seem intent on breaking just to get a "headline grabbing" boss mob.

Neocron 2, unlike EQ2, hasn't yet been officially released in all territories.

And msot of all, Neocron, unlike EQ, doesn't have a long track record of frequent updates and expansions.

The recent announcements from KK and appoint of Nidhogg as community liason doesn't mean KK is suddenly going to church out a patch every week that fixes all the major bugs in Neocron. It's just not going to happen.

In fact, other than increased communication from KK, which is nice, I am currently sceptical that anything new will happen. As I said before, why do KK need to appoint someone to tell them that we want what they promised us 6 months ago in their plan files and NC2 announcements.

From what you're saying it sounds like you're waiting for a patch that's going to fix all the bugs, memory leaks and FRE's and give everyone a steady 200 fps everywhere. Well I've got news for you - it'll never happen.

My advice is that if you don't like playing the game as it is now, leave and go out with your mates or whatever, you'll be a much happier person.

Athon Solo

why are u trying to piss me off? I dont understand this... im stating a very good point that KK need to sort their act out. And why the hell should I NOT expect the engine to run smooth.. FFS the game looks shit compared to say HL2 yet i get 3 times the FPS in HL2 than this game, its SUPPOSED to be a DX9 game yet it runs as if im on an AMD K62 400!!! Im on a 3 ghz P4...............................

Yes, KK should post a patch every week, why the fuck not? We are paying for a game and I expect the game to be UPDATED every fucking week, not once every SIX MONTHS!

Ok OK EQ2 has the backing of sony, wup-de-doo, it doesnt mean to say KK Should not put any less effort into making this game better and it shouldnt stop them adding new shit or resetting the server every 24 hours, why cant they? They are selling a product, they have the backing of a half decent publisher (or so i'm led to believe), if they want results sort the mess...

The game has been fucked over for months now on the MAIN ENGLISH server, [ edited ]

And finally, why should I have to fuck off with my friends to other games, this game has the GREATEST potential of any MMO, yet KK choose to fuck us over day after day, an say ok we will go and see if we can get more cash in Asia rather than sorting the shit out in the EU/US.

(p.s please feel free to edit any trolling, flames etc I have put in the post as i am rather drunk :p )

mishkin
06-02-05, 13:17
say ok we will go and see if we can get more cash in Asia rather than sorting the shit out in the EU/US.

It's not been officially released in the EU/US yet. Basically, we're just hitching a ride on the german release, and you should consider yourself lucky to be able to do so... :o

Mighty Max
06-02-05, 13:55
lol

Some things never change, do they?

PS: Beeing drunk isn't an excuse. I mean hey! must been a real good party if you prefer to post here instead of playing with the girls ;)

athon
06-02-05, 17:06
why are u trying to piss me off? I dont understand this... im stating a very good point that KK need to sort their act out. And why the hell should I NOT expect the engine to run smooth.. FFS the game looks shit compared to say HL2 yet i get 3 times the FPS in HL2 than this game, its SUPPOSED to be a DX9 game yet it runs as if im on an AMD K62 400!!! Im on a 3 ghz P4...............................
I'm not trying to piss you off. If the flaws with this game annoy you so much, I suggest you quit - you'll be a much happier person. DX9 on an AMD K6-2 400? Perfectly possible since the vast majority of DirectX deals with the graphics, and as such if you've got a DX9 supporting graphics card, you can probably have a 486 DX and still be able to run the game.

Comparison with halflife 2 - another flawed comparison. Hafllife is an FPS - at most its network code only has to be designed deal with ~32 players on a server, while Neocron, an MMORPG needs to be able to deal with as many as is possible. Halflife is also built by another large, well established company with a well established engine - Valve don't just make Halflife, they make an engine which other companies pay to use. Their established engine and success gives them a lot more money to deal with. Halflife 2, which would have been started "from scratch" on top of the Source engine, was also only released in 2004, while Neocron's engine was released in 2002 and Neocron 2 is just a bastardised version of it to try and update the graphics a bit.

Yes, KK should post a patch every week, why the fuck not? We are paying for a game and I expect the game to be UPDATED every fucking week, not once every SIX MONTHS!
Because they don't have the resources - the money, the manpower, the supportive player base that provides such amounts of money.

Ok OK EQ2 has the backing of sony, wup-de-doo, it doesnt mean to say KK Should not put any less effort into making this game better and it shouldnt stop them adding new shit or resetting the server every 24 hours, why cant they? They are selling a product, they have the backing of a half decent publisher (or so i'm led to believe), if they want results sort the mess...
What is this addiction of yours of having the server reset every 24 hours? I'm sure that if that would actually help the situation at all, the server would be reset every 24 hours.

The game has been fucked over for months now on the MAIN ENGLISH server, [ edited ]
My head is quite firmly out of KK's rear - I have some major disagreements with things they've done - such as spending time working on a flashy new boss mob that breaks the engines. However, "fucked" implies that the servers are in some way broken and unplayable, yet I've been happily playing since the implants not dropping and the incorrect hair models problem started.

As far as I'm aware KK have these problems among their top priorities at the moment. We have been promised a patch as soon as possible, but they have several things in progress at the moment which they promised us and I believe they have said they will fix the 2 major bugs with the same patch that introduces item tracking, which they want completed before the official UK release.

And finally, why should I have to fuck off with my friends to other games, this game has the GREATEST potential of any MMO, yet KK choose to fuck us over day after day, an say ok we will go and see if we can get more cash in Asia rather than sorting the shit out in the EU/US.
You've obviously misunderstood the situation with Asia. As far as I can tell, KK have very little to do with Asia and the game in Asia is being run by a seperate company. Surely if the Asian server does bring in more money and allow KK to do all the things you want them to be able to do, isn't that a good thing? As for the publisher, anything that is happening there will obviously take a while to filter through - likely not until the game is actually released. Perhaps it is the publisher who has insisted that KK fix item tracking (or perhaps something else) before they will release.

(p.s please feel free to edit any trolling, flames etc I have put in the post as i am rather drunk :p )
Posting while drunk, tired or in a highly emotional state is generally a bad idea.

Athon Solo

Seven
06-02-05, 18:06
*munches on popcorn*

D1S
06-02-05, 19:05
I'm not trying to piss you off. If the flaws with this game annoy you so much, I suggest you quit - you'll be a much happier person. DX9 on an AMD K6-2 400? Perfectly possible since the vast majority of DirectX deals with the graphics, and as such if you've got a DX9 supporting graphics card, you can probably have a 486 DX and still be able to run the game.

By suggesting I quit are you trying to imply something? I take it you want half of the players to leave so you can play with yourself.. [ edited ]

What is this addiction of yours of having the server reset every 24 hours? I'm sure that if that would actually help the situation at all, the server would be reset every 24 hours.

Have you actually played any other MMO other than NC? Other MMO's I have played reset the server about 4am, by doing this they free up server resources and help the server and game run more smoothly. I am not obsessed with closing the server every 24 hours, but resetting this more often would be a nice step forward.

Posting while drunk, tired or in a highly emotional state is generally a bad idea.

Acutally I find the best time to post is after I have several beers, as I will say whats on my mind [ edited ]

Nidhogg
06-02-05, 19:26
Saying what's on your mind is one thing, but posting when drunk generally tends to get people into trouble.

N

aelfkins
06-02-05, 19:46
Athon Solo

Yes, but it can be oh so entertaining for others. :D

*munches on popcorn*
See!

:)

athon
06-02-05, 20:12
By suggesting I quit are you trying to imply something? I take it you want half of the players to leave so you can play with yourself.. [ edited ]
Yes. I'm implying that you would be better off finding something else to do rather than trying to shape this game into your perfect game.

Have you actually played any other MMO other than NC? Other MMO's I have played reset the server about 4am, by doing this they free up server resources and help the server and game run more smoothly. I am not obsessed with closing the server every 24 hours, but resetting this more often would be a nice step forward.
Yes. I played a UO free shard for a few years, and I've also tried AO, SWG and Face of Mankind. The fact that resetting the servers for other games is to do with the design of the server and how it manages resources - obviously I can't comment on any games resource management, but as I said, I'm sure that if simply resetting the servers every 24 hours would actually help Neocron then it would be done. Just resetting the servers every 24 hours because other games do is not a step forward.

Acutally I find the best time to post is after I have several beers, as I will say whats on my mind [ edited ]
Exactly, the alcohol removes some of your ability to think things through properly before writing them down. Posts written while tired / drunk / high / emotionally stressed tend to be more offensive and contain irrational ideas - such as resetting the servers every 24 hours just because it helps the servers of other games.

An addition to my earlier post. If I was such a fanboi of KK, I'm pretty sure Iwouldn't keep a list of currently missing promised features in my signature.

Athon Solo

D1S
06-02-05, 21:00
Yes. I'm implying that you would be better off finding something else to do rather than trying to shape this game into your perfect game

I am merely saying that I, being the PAYING customer am not happy with the way things are heading. I am not trying to shape the game in any way or form, i am simply putting some suggestions forward on how I feel things could help. If you can't handle suggestions then dont read the forum.

Yes. I played a UO free shard for a few years, and I've also tried AO, SWG and Face of Mankind. The fact that resetting the servers for other games is to do with the design of the server and how it manages resources - obviously I can't comment on any games resource management, but as I said, I'm sure that if simply resetting the servers every 24 hours would actually help Neocron then it would be done. Just resetting the servers every 24 hours because other games do is not a step forward.

LOL, it would be done would it? Just like player run shops and a fully working game, of course it is a step forward, it shows that KK do actually care about a smooth running game rather than the bug ridden mess it is today.

Exactly, the alcohol removes some of your ability to think things through properly before writing them down. Posts written while tired / drunk / high / emotionally stressed tend to be more offensive and contain irrational ideas - such as resetting the servers every 24 hours just because it helps the servers of other games.

oh sorry mr T total, if you don't like what i put then either dont read it nor reply to it, you will be a much happier person im sure :o

athon
06-02-05, 21:50
LOL, it would be done would it? Just like player run shops and a fully working game, of course it is a step forward, it shows that KK do actually care about a smooth running game rather than the bug ridden mess it is today.
Player run shops isn't as simple as resetting the servers every day and won't have the effect of making the servers run smoother.

I believe KK's problem with the announced features such as this is that they announced them long before they'd actually even looked properly at how they would be implemented. Basically they fell for the old pitfall of announcing things far too early - all too common in the MMORPG industry from my experiance.

Either that or player shops are completed, and KK want to implement fully their item tracking system before they release it to reduce the risk and increase the chance of being able to trace bugs and exploits in player shops.

I'm sure there would be many people yelling if player shops were introduced, then found to be buggy or exploitable, and then KK have to promptly remove them again. IMHO KK are taking a sensible step in introducing the item tracking system as quickly as possible.

And I may not drink alcohol, but I've still made some really stupid posts when I've been emotionally stressed or tired.

Athon Solo

-Demon-
07-02-05, 00:34
It's not been officially released in the EU/US yet. Basically, we're just hitching a ride on the german release, and you should consider yourself lucky to be able to do so... :o

Wow I'm sure alot of people think they are really lucky!!! What with promised features missing from the release we had to pay to upgrade...the list goes on.

I'm sorry Nid, but being busy with the Int release doesn't mean all stop on patching...take the imp bug for a prime example..I swear to god KK should make a feature after each patch so they can simply roll it back if it goes badly...I think everyone would prefer that than waiting for ages for a fix.

Once again it is us that have paid to upgrade for less features , our views are on the back burner...KK eying up more money from Int release...which now they say they are working on the features for...why not before?

Clownst0pper
07-02-05, 02:24
@Thread Starter

[ edited ] what right do you have to demand answers from KK when you know the answer already.

Have you never listened to the boards? have you never read a reply from KK? And your expecting you to be special to recieve "THE PATCH WILL BE OUT <INSERT DATE> N."

I find it absolutely rediculous. KK wont ever divulge a patch date, and shouldnt because all the forum idiots jump on them the moment it is late.

And really, while im being harsh, if you are struggling that bad for a patch that fixes what, afew bugs, perhaps a new gun or two, and maybe a new theme week, you really must be bored of this game.

So, why dont you go outside and find some friends, instead of clinging to the tinyest hope of a patch which will last you all of 10minutes more entertainment, for you then to moan about when the next patch will be ready.

[ edited ]

Jesterthegreat
07-02-05, 02:39
...all the players who left due to bugs and broken/failed promises.

It's pure mathematics - take the population numbers from the end of nc1 (3-5 times higher than now) and check how much % KK have lost. Guess the reason.
Now note the current pop numbers and check it again in 2 weeks. Check how much % of the population will drop again. Guess the reason again.

dunno... alot of people say its all ally killers fault. alot say its all patches fault. alot say its all 1 slot int servers fault. alot say its stability's fault.

isuspect there are various reasons, KK and community based (as wellas other MMO's releasing / going into open beta)

D1S
07-02-05, 20:15
I have every right to demand answers form KK, im paying there fucking wages[ edited ]

Clownst0pper
07-02-05, 20:23
I have every right to demand answers form KK, im paying there fucking wages [ edited ]

Well id say having played this game on and off for three years is more than an excuse to have such a post count.

And yes, you can demand all you want, but you think the measly 8£ a month you pay warrents you and only you to deserve answers?

Are you so blinded that you think KK is different to any other company and that they will give dates?

They dont give dates because people like yourself, once a date slips jumps on them and goes off on tangents of "how useless they are" or "KK lie to us!!"

I find it pathetic. Enjoy the game with the content you have, and when a patch does arrive, take full use of it. Stop living for the slightest tweak.

mishkin
07-02-05, 20:30
KK are actually keeping us quite well up to date atm, but I guess d1s doesn't read the forums enough to notice... :p

Original monk
07-02-05, 20:39
Are you so blinded that you think KK is different to any other company and that they will give dates?

They dont give dates because people like yourself, once a date slips jumps on them and goes off on tangents of "how useless they are" or "KK lie to us!!"

I find it pathetic. Enjoy the game with the content you have, and when a patch does arrive, take full use of it. Stop living for the slightest tweak.

i must say i have the same experiences here :) and i yust see what comes, this comming from a person wich happen to have the bad luck that everytime he tries out a certain class and likes it, the class gets nerfed :P

yust to say that waiting for patches isnt always good hehe, but euh ... im always curious for some new changes ffcourse :D with all the threads going on about mc5 and parashock, also not to forget the beginning of other mmorpg's like wow and the other one, i would like to see how this game is going to evolve :)

i got time tough :)

MkVenner
07-02-05, 20:43
I have every right to demand answers form KK, im paying there fucking wages [ edited ]
how can you possibly make a call like that based on someone's post count? jesus...have you got any idea how immature you just made your self look?

D1S
07-02-05, 21:11
how can you possibly make a call like that based on someone's post count? jesus...have you got any idea how immature you just made your self look?

You make a personal dig about me and I'll do the same, I dont care how mature I look on a forum it means nothing - but sorry if i touched a nerve there, i suppose some of us have all day to post on forums without having jobs and such.

Clownst0pper
07-02-05, 21:12
i must say i have the same experiences here :) and i yust see what comes, this comming from a person wich happen to have the bad luck that everytime he tries out a certain class and likes it, the class gets nerfed :P

yust to say that waiting for patches isnt always good hehe, but euh ... im always curious for some new changes ffcourse :D with all the threads going on about mc5 and parashock, also not to forget the beginning of other mmorpg's like wow and the other one, i would like to see how this game is going to evolve :)

i got time tough :)

When are there not threads about MC5 and Parashock? There have been those two threads for years and years, and what have I learnt...

they never get changed.

So, its pradictable what wont be in the patch ;)

You make a personal dig about me and I'll do the same, I dont care how mature I look on a forum it means nothing - but sorry if i touched a nerve there, i suppose some of us have all day to post on forums without having jobs and such.

I am 19, and in university studying Journalism, I also work in a modern, popular bar in the centre of the city, I also have my own column in a magazine called streaker.

My social group is over 20 people easily.

two minutes out of my day to read threads and to post is nothing, im sure you spend that masturbating or looking at the sky.

I post.

MkVenner
07-02-05, 21:25
no nerve touched...dont worry about that...

and no i dont have a job, i got fired from my last job because of shit i aint gunna go into again....tho some of you know i think....and atm i am a bum...to be totally honest....get up, gym or jog, do some shit around the house and either spend the night in with my bird or go out....im happy....and i got enough money saved up to not need a job for quite a while...

D1S
07-02-05, 21:28

and no i dont have a job, i got fired from my last job because of shit i aint gunna go into again....tho some of you know i think....and atm i am a bum...to be totally honest....get up, gym or jog, do some shit around the house and either spend the night in with my bird or go out....im happy....and i got enough money saved up to not need a job for quite a while...

Well good for you, glad my taxes are paying your dole money :p

Clownst0pper
07-02-05, 21:28

Its student life all over again! :lol: :D

MkVenner
07-02-05, 21:30
Well good for you, glad my taxes are paying your doll money :p doll, fuck that, taking other peoples hard earned money? not my style, and way i only turned 18 coupla weeks ago so its not like i coulda been signing on for ages...like i said i made alot of money with a few..."buisness manuvers" lets say, enough not to have to sign on lol :p

D1S
07-02-05, 21:33
I am 19, and in university studying Journalism, I also work in a modern, popular bar in the centre of the city, I also have my own column in a magazine called streaker.

My social group is over 20 people easily.

two minutes out of my day to read threads and to post is nothing, im sure you spend that masturbating or looking at the sky.

I post.

Touche, however you say you have a column in a magazine called streaker? I hope you aint taking photos of peoples willies in cricket matches and writing about them :p

D1S
07-02-05, 21:39
doll, fuck that, taking other peoples hard earned money? not my style, and way i only turned 18 coupla weeks ago so its not like i coulda been signing on for ages...like i said i made alot of money with a few..."buisness manuvers" lets say, enough not to have to sign on lol :p

And what type of "buisness manuvers" are we talking about here? Pimpin, drugs, prostitution?? I hear the slave trade is doing well these days :p

Rogue Arson
07-02-05, 22:38
Wow... this thread went from bad to worse. To get back on topic slightly....

I've been in MMORPGs since they've existed, and I kinda think the NC community are a lil spoiled in general. I know there have been some problems, cataclysmic in some cases, but such is life when dealing with data servers in general. NC is the first game I've EVER played where the community was informed of anything at all. 90% of games, you log on to a surprise rollback, or even a wipe, with no reason given. I can't think of another game I've played (and no, I haven't played them all, but I've played quite a few) where the community asks a question in the forum and can reasonably expect some kind of answer. As a matter of fact, the fact that the community gets any input at all in NC is impressive. They don't NEED to tell us anything until after the fact, and some MMO's don't even bother with that. The fact that they do try to keep us informed is nice though, but I really do think some in the community take it for granted. No offense, but being a paying costumer doesn't make you special. You pay to play the game, anything you get beyond that is a bonus.

Xylaz
07-02-05, 23:32
Wow... this thread went from bad to worse. To get back on topic slightly....

I've been in MMORPGs since they've existed, and I kinda think the NC community are a lil spoiled in general. I know there have been some problems, cataclysmic in some cases, but such is life when dealing with data servers in general. NC is the first game I've EVER played where the community was informed of anything at all. 90% of games, you log on to a surprise rollback, or even a wipe, with no reason given. I can't think of another game I've played (and no, I haven't played them all, but I've played quite a few) where the community asks a question in the forum and can reasonably expect some kind of answer. As a matter of fact, the fact that the community gets any input at all in NC is impressive. They don't NEED to tell us anything until after the fact, and some MMO's don't even bother with that. The fact that they do try to keep us informed is nice though, but I really do think some in the community take it for granted. No offense, but being a paying costumer doesn't make you special. You pay to play the game, anything you get beyond that is a bonus.

So you're saying that if we are stupid enough to pay for nothing, we dont have the rights to want anything more?
Maybe you're right...

Rogue Arson
08-02-05, 07:10
So you're saying that if we are stupid enough to pay for nothing, we dont have the rights to want anything more?
Maybe you're right...

No, I'm saying we're already getting our money's worth. I would like more, but I don't demand it like I'm 7 and really want a cookie. I'm enjoying myself now, I will continue to do so. More content would be great, but if it didn't happen, its still worth what I'm paying out. I didn't pay for my account to hope for exactly what I wanted, I paid for what was there. Anything more, as far as I'm concerned, is a bonus. I'm looking forward to the patch as well, but it'll be ready when its ready, and I very much doubt that posting about how mislead you feel will speed it up. Unless you believe its ready now, and the Devs are just waiting for the "OMG Where's my patch?!?!?" count to reach a certain level.

Seven
08-02-05, 07:49
I paid for what they said was going to be here. *shrugs*

Jesterthegreat
08-02-05, 08:15
I paid for what they said was going to be here. *shrugs*

i assume this means "I paid because of what they said was going to be here."

which isunfortunatly the case for alot of us.

MkVenner
08-02-05, 08:24
And what type of "buisness manuvers" are we talking about here? Pimpin, drugs, prostitution?? I hear the slave trade is doing well these days :p
nothing illegal if thats what you mean...well...i dont think so

Selendor
08-02-05, 12:01
No, I'm saying we're already getting our money's worth. I would like more, but I don't demand it

Disagree there, we pay an increased fee since Neocron 2 launched, we also paid a one off charge for the software. Neocron 2 in its current state is actually going backwards from its launch state, with logon problems, character corruption, forum corruption, Neofrag failure. And we also learn that they stopped doing routine maintenance on the servers.

The increased communication with us is a bonus but actions are what is needed now, and you would never have seen so much whingeing on these forums had Neocron been patched and fixed regularly.

Original monk
08-02-05, 12:41
...I've been in MMORPGs since they've existed, and I kinda think the NC community are a lil spoiled in general. I know there have been some problems ..

the "lil spoiled" part made me gniffle on the inside :p

Siygess
08-02-05, 12:43
Don't sweat it, D1S, we're all playing the waiting game right now - some might say we always have been - and I can guarantee you that KK is aware of the consequences of it's actions, or apparant lack thereof. As a player base we may not have started on the best footing with the release of NC "2", but no one makes us play this game, so make the choice.

Stay a bit longer, or leave.

Thats not confrontational, it's just a fact - as a player base we have almost no ability to affect NC 2, and we've seen evidence of this often enough. All we can do is quit and reduce their income by n%, but we know that doesn't change anything other than to futher reduce the chance that NC2 will see another Christmas.. so there's no point stressing over it, trying to make demands and such.

Like it or not, KK is as KK does. It's just a shame that it's so keen to hold the door open for everyone on the way out, but not on the way in. :(

Xylaz
08-02-05, 13:10
Don't sweat it, D1S, we're all playing the waiting game right now - some might say we always have been - and I can guarantee you that KK is aware of the consequences of it's actions, or apparant lack thereof. As a player base we may not have started on the best footing with the release of NC "2", but no one makes us play this game, so make the choice.

Stay a bit longer, or leave.

Thats not confrontational, it's just a fact - as a player base we have almost no ability to affect NC 2, and we've seen evidence of this often enough. All we can do is quit and reduce their income by n%, but we know that doesn't change anything other than to futher reduce the chance that NC2 will see another Christmas.. so there's no point stressing over it, trying to make demands and such.

Like it or not, KK is as KK does. It's just a shame that it's so keen to hold the door open for everyone on the way out, but not on the way in. :(

Yes its very true Siygess.
But the point is we are just worrying about this stupid game, we would like it to be better, more proffesional, with more people to play... we're still hoping but KK continuosly crashes any of those. Its just... frustrating.

What are the population numbers now? 20% in peak times? 200 people to play mmorpg? WoW comes in 4 days. 4 people from my clan are leaving NC for it. 4 people out of 10. How will it look after 11th feb? And as always, KK does nothing, 2 month old bugs are still there (not mentioning the 2 years old ones), no patches, database is corrupted, server is choking and vomiting, people are leaving, c2p is blocking new ones from joining, pbc is not working as it should which blockes old people from joining back as well. The current state is defintiely far away from what i would like to expect from this game...

I know its not funny to read threads like this, but they are caused by some reasons. If everything had been be ok, we would just be playing the game and enjoying it. There would be no reason for a posts like that. There is something very wrong here and we're all worried about it. We Are because KK doesnt seem like they could worry about anything.

D1S
08-02-05, 20:13
This is exactly my point, I really dont want to leave, I've gotten to know some very cool and honest people, I've had some good times and it saddens me to see the state of affairs at this time.

Right now I've helped pay towards a CS source server with some mates from work and am kinda giving nc a rest, I hope when UK retail comes about everything is sorted out, I may even try and get them to give nc a shot, but as it times I dont really want to waste there time.

GIJ0e
11-02-05, 15:43
eq may have sony behind it but KK had about 2.5 - 3 year head start

its not fair that KK dont have the funds to do what they want, but as a paying customer thats not really my problem, i get home froma shit day at work i wann log on and play, not log on, fre several times in a couple of hours, get ganked by some mental deficient OR if i keep my LE in, get insulted by some mental deficient.

since it launched in november, hundreds of new quests have been added to EQ2 and theres a patch AT LEAST once a week, which not only fixes bugs but adds content, and i havent crashed out fo the game once. there was a memory leak but that has been fixed, ok theres no PVP but mmorpg pvp is generally shite, the only exception i have found being neocron (except some ongoing balance issues, exactly HOW LONG must the community tell you to do something about para shock before you do something kk?) if i want pvp i go play some CS or ut2k4 and ******** my way through a public server.

this is not a dig at KK it genuinely upsets me that they dont have the resources to produce the game they want to, as it stands its an excellent game, with cash behind it it could be awesome. sadly i dont think that cash will ever materialize :(

athon
11-02-05, 18:30
eq may have sony behind it but KK had about 2.5 - 3 year head start
Personally I'd say EQ had the 3 year head start. They had 3 years worth of technology development over NC to work with, 3 more years in which MMORPGs became even more mainstream, thus people like Sony are even more willing to fund them, 3 more years in which many more people had even more powerful PCs, 3 more years in which many companies developed dedicated MMORPG engines that KK could have chosen from.

Athon Solo