PDA

View Full Version : Fraps question

Phlith
04-02-05, 11:32
So im using fraps, but my videos are all over 300 megs.. They are in AVI format, and from my knowledge that is smaller than MPG files. How do i convert to divx or xvid? Also, how come other peoples movies are so small?

Agent L
04-02-05, 18:33
.avi is just file extension saying there is a movie inside. Nothing more. It can be as well all frames as big as uncompressed bmp files and audio like wave or CD-Audio or high compressed visual to xvid and audio to mp3.

When saving there should be option to choose format.
This cannot be done on-the-fly, you need to save in real-time to big file and then recompress to a smaller one. Try Virtual dub here.
Beware, encoding to those high compression formats like xvid takes hours, and there are so many parameters to fiddle with that it's possible you'll get saysfying results (good quality and small size) after 10th try or even more.
Good luck : D

Vithar
04-02-05, 18:35
Thread moved.

V

Tostino
04-02-05, 18:37
You will want to get Virtual Dub to encode your movies if you don't already have Adobe Premiere (or any other good editing software).
Edit: God I am slow today :(.

D1S
04-02-05, 20:18
windows movie maker may do it... but tbh get premier, also im sure the BBC released a free version of some of the software they use.. cant remember the name but have a look for free video editing software, you never know.