From the German forum.
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=122374&page=2&pp=30

http://www.gamigo.de/news_detail/pc/22348/

Terayon
04-02-05, 09:19
If only i could read german.....

Nvidia
04-02-05, 09:40
While I do feel KK could use the financial backing from a company such as EA, I'm deathly afraid they'll run it into the ground like they did Battletech (Never even got out of beta), Earth and Beyond, and Motor City Online (Amazing concept, I loved that fucking game).

And that's just their MMO list... look what they did to the fucking bond series on the consoles... should have left it to the good guys (Rare).

Redburn
04-02-05, 10:02
Nvidia, are you a Battletech 3025 refuge? They did kill that off for no reason at all, EA would of made money hand over fist if they had completed it.

Terayon
04-02-05, 10:03
I played bt3025 tons.... And the reason they cancled it was MW4 was coming out realy soon. To bad... one of my all time fav games.

Redburn
04-02-05, 10:06
More like they didn't want to pay M$ for the rights to use the trademark Battletech after they had bought it from FASA, the lease on the rights were coming near the end of the contract and they wouldn't renew. The SIMs Online were EA's new baby at the time.

Nvidia
04-02-05, 11:19
Oh my god dude, I loved that game. I always ran an Urban Mech (But I called em Urbies :p) with... it was either an AC-20 or an AC-10. I can't remember, but basically, if I managed to get a head shot with it, it was just about instant kill.

So when I'd play it with my friends, they'd always say, "Hurry up, fatboy" since it was a really pudgy, small, and slow mech, but had amazing firepower. I loved that game SOOO much. :(

I played for Marik, I think it was called. <3 Battletech, </3 EA.

-Demon-
04-02-05, 11:44
Can someone translate or give us a idea what is in that post?

Dr Strange
04-02-05, 11:48
We're doomed (http://www.livejournal.com/users/ea_spouse/274.html) (yes this is a truthful article, it's been on slashdot and hardOCP)

Vanten
04-02-05, 11:51
Electronics kind - partnership with 10tacle of studios electronics kind and 10tacle of studios (GTR) have now a strategic partnership announced... The industry giant and 10tacle of studios (GTR: FIA GT Racing simulation) announced now to develop in the future co-operation. This contains co-operation with the selling of further 10tacle plays, as well as the development of future projects for I/O Germany. Besides the 10tacle of studios is AG in order of I/O of projects to develop and produce. "the 10tacle of studios AG proves with its current Portfolio that she becomes fair the high development and product requirements of I/O. A large partnership within the range development and selling is for us therefore the next logical step in co-operation and we looks forward much to it with this competent team in the future further projects to advance to be able, "describes Joerg Trouvain, managing director I/O Germany, the common future. 10tacle CEO Michele Pes is very proud on this strong partner: "further co-operation with electronics kind gives us the planning security, which we need for our work. We are proud with our team and our products within a short time a status to have reached it I/O made possible to die a strategic partnership with us. We see this as confirmation of our firm politics and everything will risk to arrange this partnership successful."

babelfish translation

-Demon-
04-02-05, 12:12
We're doomed (http://www.livejournal.com/users/ea_spouse/274.html) (yes this is a truthful article, it's been on slashdot and hardOCP)

Doomed..well from reading that KK can't take anymore holidays and work a lot harder...hehe.

EA are gonna come unstuck sooner or later, reading that article they just exploit people.

Anyway not too sure about this deal and as usual no official comms to us on these boards.

Add this to your list of things to discuss nid will ya?

Nidhogg
04-02-05, 12:26
Thread moved. I suspect this will have no impact on KK but I'll try and get a better informed opinion for you.

N

-Demon-
04-02-05, 13:02
Thread moved. I suspect this will have no impact on KK but I'll try and get a better informed opinion for you.

N

Thanks niddy.

Nidhogg
04-02-05, 13:41
Actually there's nothing else to say that has not already been said in the press release. I'm trying to get a link to the press release but in the mean time if you look on Google you will find a number of game sites reporting it in English.

N

Seven
04-02-05, 14:55
Last time EA stepped in they bought the rights to my favorite game at the time (Aliens Online), they just bought it and shut it down. :mad:

And Battletech 3025 Online, both of these games and many more like Silent Death, used to be available from Gamestorm. You payed $10 a month and got to play like 15 games with no time limit.

Aliens Online needed some massive help, but we still loved playing the game.
EA was supposedly going to invest money into it and fix it right, but instead they shut down the entire Gamestorm site.

We've been petitioning ever since then to bring the games back.
PM me if you want the link for the petition.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if EA basterds bought Neocron and shut it down. :mad: :(

Asurmen Spec Op
05-02-05, 02:39
While I do feel KK could use the financial backing from a company such as EA, I'm deathly afraid they'll run it into the ground like they did Battletech (Never even got out of beta), Earth and Beyond, and Motor City Online (Amazing concept, I loved that fucking game).

And that's just their MMO list... look what they did to the fucking bond series on the consoles... should have left it to the good guys (Rare). oh god you reminded me of MCO

*runs off crying*