PDA

View Full Version : Why WHY Tell me Nidhogg!!

Zheo
03-02-05, 15:09
Why is that the dex boosters give -10/15 weapon lore? WHY!! You know how baddly that messes my set up? So now im down to using Dex booster 3 which gives me -3 str and causing me to use inq one and lom more athletics to keep my resists the same.

Rifles and pistols are dex based, so higher dex = better, but the backbones decrease weapon lore... that makes no sense no REALLY it doesn't...

Take MC Tank PA that reduces HC, how does that effect MC tanks in anyway? I think KK need to alter those dex implants to lose barter or construction, those are ueless to me, oo i know make it lose MC or HC that's really pointless. But weapon lore? that's like the gimp of the year!

Nidhogg please tell me there's a REALLY REALLY good reason for this weapon lore loss specially since you made weapon lore a whole lot more important... I used to cap aim on my weapons no im not even close. It'd be great if you could shed some light on the subject or bring it up in the next meeting with KK please!! *gives a puppy dog look* <--- does that work with you or not?

lol

Thanks anyways

Zheo

naimex
03-02-05, 15:16
cuz then you had to choose...

put those few extra points into wpl instead of psi use.

live without those few points in wpl.

or be able to use your guns better, but then have slightly worse armor..

that would be my guess.

power-performance-prevention.

MaGn0lia
03-02-05, 15:22
Niddy is evil, but I'm not so sure that he is behind this ;)

I'd go with neimex with this one, I think I had the dex booster and after the weaponlore wen off the roof, I actually changed my setup bit to suit my needs. I had a 'battle spy' (I like that word) and I never did even notice the malus on wepl.
Besides I would choose the better armor over the measely 10 wepl, good god.

Original monk
03-02-05, 15:22
what you say is correct, those stats of the minus weaponlore are based on the old calculations to cap weapons ...

the minus HC on a MC PA is to counter the use of PA with hybridtanks ...

same with the minus on the heavycombat and melleecombateyes ...

its a pain for my hybridtanky, especially the -ath on HC pa :/ ok the regular HC tanks have the same problem but it really messes up my setup being semi mellee ... i had to sacrifice some resists instead ..

wich is painfull for me also is the removal of plus weaponlore on the MC eyes .. cause MC cant use weaponlore was the explanation ... but my hybridtank needs it desperatly :/

2 bad snif

Genty
03-02-05, 15:25
I think KK need to alter those dex implants to lose barter or construction, those are ueless to me, oo i know make it lose MC or HC that's really pointless. But weapon lore? that's like the gimp of the year!

So you want implants tailored to your setup? Right, way to have the world revolve around you.

Some implants are there to make you think, not just "this imp is the best imp it gives me dex with no bad effects to me" but "if i use this imp I get that good effect but then I can't do X, however if i use this imp it's a less good effect but I can't do Y as good, but I don't need Y much anyway"

Clownst0pper
03-02-05, 15:30
Why is that the dex boosters give -10/15 weapon lore? WHY!! You know how baddly that messes my set up? So now im down to using Dex booster 3 which gives me -3 str and causing me to use inq one and lom more athletics to keep my resists the same.

Rifles and pistols are dex based, so higher dex = better, but the backbones decrease weapon lore... that makes no sense no REALLY it doesn't...

Take MC Tank PA that reduces HC, how does that effect MC tanks in anyway? I think KK need to alter those dex implants to lose barter or construction, those are ueless to me, oo i know make it lose MC or HC that's really pointless. But weapon lore? that's like the gimp of the year!

Nidhogg please tell me there's a REALLY REALLY good reason for this weapon lore loss specially since you made weapon lore a whole lot more important... I used to cap aim on my weapons no im not even close. It'd be great if you could shed some light on the subject or bring it up in the next meeting with KK please!! *gives a puppy dog look* <--- does that work with you or not?

lol

Thanks anyways

Zheo

Why does it have to be nidhogg telling you instead of 90% of the educated forum users?

If you took time out to say such comments about every single implant in the game "OMG WHY DOES GIVE <insert x> AND TAKE AWAY <insert y> WHEN I NEED BOTH!" youd be here a long time.

Its for balance.

Original monk
03-02-05, 15:32
i also miss the times you could put in multiple mc5's in youre head :/

what about a riflerspy with DS+SA+SF+ballistic3 .. thats using a shelter natural yes ...

or even a herculesetup to become a PE-spy with some nice armour ?

2 bad snif

edit:

Why does it have to be nidhogg telling you instead of 90% of the educated forum users?

yeah like clownstopper for example :D being in uni and all

Clownst0pper
03-02-05, 15:37
yeah like clownstopper for example :D being in uni and all

LOL just because your all slacking playing NC 24/7..

Guess im lucky ive just got my port request through, and any other ports I want opening can be within 5 days...
;)

Nidhogg
03-02-05, 15:59
Even if I was behind these decisions I wouldn't have anything more to say that hasn't already been said. Except for maybe "swings and roundabouts".

N

SorkZmok
03-02-05, 16:27
Who cares about aiming? I`m getting a tad more than 200% on my slasher, i dont notice any differences.
I`d rather wear better armor/get more speed than fully cap my guns. Its not worth it.

Clownst0pper
03-02-05, 16:30
Who cares about aiming? I`m getting a tad more than 200% on my slasher, i dont notice any differences.
I`d rather wear better armor/get more speed than fully cap my guns. Its not worth it.

How can you not cap aiming on any pistols as a spy?

Is your Weapon Lore below 10 or something??? or your slasher 10% quality? :eek:

Spermy
03-02-05, 16:44
"swings and roundabouts".

N

WEEEEEE!!!! Again again!

<3

Dribble Joy
03-02-05, 16:45
How can you not cap aiming on any pistols as a spy?

Is your Weapon Lore below 10 or something??? or your slasher 10% quality? :eek:
You missed patch 124.

They messed with how the weapon stats are affected by the skills.

It was intended that heavy and melee would be easier to cap, pistols would now have thier freq affected by WEP (a judge was supposed to cap freq at 176 pc and 145 odd WEP), so that with equal skilling a pistol would do more dmg, to offset the rifle's longer range.

Unfortunately in true KK style, it all went completely tits up.
Rifles cap thier freq with ease, pistol aiming is borked, I cap my judges freq with 172 pc and 106 WEP (and barely just cap my dmg). HC and melee can now be capped at rediculously low levels.
Full capped CSs and tempests on the same chars.

Sigma
03-02-05, 16:59

What he said.

Clownst0pper
03-02-05, 17:01
You missed patch 124.

They messed with how the weapon stats are affected by the skills.

It was intended that heavy and melee would be easier to cap, pistols would now have thier freq affected by WEP (a judge was supposed to cap freq at 176 pc and 145 odd WEP), so that with equal skilling a pistol would do more dmg, to offset the rifle's longer range.

Unfortunately in true KK style, it all went completely tits up.
Rifles cap thier freq with ease, pistol aiming is borked, I cap my judges freq with 172 pc and 106 WEP (and barely just cap my dmg). HC and melee can now be capped at rediculously low levels.
Full capped CSs and tempests on the same chars.

I hadnt noticed, probably cos I overkill weaponlore and Pistol combat on my spy anyway...

*looks into it further!*

Thanks dribble :D

mishkin
03-02-05, 17:03
My friend has a pistol spy with over 170 pc and wpl, and he doesn't cap aiming on his slasher... how's that for a nerf? :D

E. Cryton
03-02-05, 17:08
My friend has a pistol spy with over 170 pc and wpl, and he doesn't cap aiming on his slasher... how's that for a nerf? :D
170 ? omg ... i have 185, 165 wpl, 112 handling slasher on 260 % . and i use exp reflex booster -.o

Zheo
03-02-05, 18:15
So you want implants tailored to your setup? Right, way to have the world revolve around you.

Some implants are there to make you think, not just "this imp is the best imp it gives me dex with no bad effects to me" but "if i use this imp I get that good effect but then I can't do X, however if i use this imp it's a less good effect but I can't do Y as good, but I don't need Y much anyway"

MC pa causing a lose of HC isnt a really big issue as the idea is that they are MC not HC or hybrids, where as Dex is needed for rifles and pistols but so is weapon lore mixing the +dex with -wpl doesnt really mate sense... which is my point not that i think implants should be tailored and I'd be happy if they was a good explination...

Zheo
03-02-05, 18:17
Even if I was behind these decisions I wouldn't have anything more to say that hasn't already been said. Except for maybe "swings and roundabouts".

N

Lol fair enough i accept it's some kind of weird balencing issue or something...

Zheo
03-02-05, 18:39
Except for maybe "swings and roundabouts".

N

I take it by that you mean this topic will go back and forth, round and round but never really get anywhere?

Dribble Joy
03-02-05, 18:42
There is an edit button you know...

Vithar
03-02-05, 18:42
Zheo, please try to use "Edit" whenever possible and do not post two and three times in a row.

Thanks.

V

Original monk
03-02-05, 20:06
Zheo my friend, when i look at youre post i always think youre mad lol, then i remember its yust the siggy and youre healthy and well hehe, luckely :p

thingie i wanted to say is i think that our leadmod meant that he hasnt alot to do with the original stats on the implants, and that the info you requested allready got filled in so he hadnt alot to add anymore :) cant talk in someone else's name tough, but i understand what you where saying here ... the backimplants youre wearing nerf an important subskill wich even got more important with the latest patches, maybe its an idea to revamp some of the imps making em more inline with current stats or something (maybe they even change the formula's again in the near future, anything can happen ffcourse), good you bring these things up in any case :)

but ya gotta be carefull with that :P revamp of chips done by KK doesnt particulary mean youre class gets boosted overall :angel: its more like: brought back in line with the other classes, balanced out ... but euh, there's a good chance youre class in general doesnt end up boosted, maybe even slightly nerfed if youre unlucky hehe

i also think alot about the -HC on melleetanks and that it isnt that big of a minus ... doesnt really hurt a full melleetank yah, then why dont they give HC pa yust -25 MC or sumthing ?? you see :P (not that i ever want that to happen tough) but thats probably yust the weird balancing out part as you said in one of the posts above here :)

anyway its getting long allready, if the minus weaponlore hurts you then ya gotta sacrifice some serieus stuff yup :/ +15 aghility +5 ath and decent armour seems better then a capped weapon .. (and an extra dex, maybe a bit more int for a belt)

what class are you ? i use the reflex 4 on my spy but ya cant compare cause its a rifler he has it easy capping aim .. are you a spy or a pe ? if youre a spy then its maybe a bit easier cause they have loads of int anyway .. then its yust caves,caves,caves :) if youre a pe then ya gotta start making choises

ciao, im outta here to play a small game, i almost fall asleep tough, been a hard day at work :)

Clownst0pper
03-02-05, 20:08
Zheo my friend, when i look at youre post i always think youre mad lol, then i remember its yust the siggy and youre healthy and well hehe, luckely :p

thingie i wanted to say is i think that our leadmod meant that he hasnt alot to do with the original stats on the implants, and that the info you requested allready got filled in so he hadnt alot to add anymore :) cant talk in someone else's name tough, but i understand what you where saying here ... the backimplants youre wearing nerf an important subskill wich even got more important with the latest patches, maybe its an idea to revamp some of the imps making em more inline with current stats or something (maybe they even change the formula's again in the near future, anything can happen ffcourse), good you bring these things up in any case :)

but ya gotta be carefull with that :P revamp of chips done by KK doesnt particulary mean youre class gets boosted overall :angel: its more like: brought back in line with the other classes, balanced out ... but euh, there's a good chance youre class in general doesnt end up boosted, maybe even slightly nerfed if youre unlucky hehe

i also think alot about the -HC on melleetanks and that it isnt that big of a minus ... doesnt really hurt a full melleetank yah, then why dont they give HC pa yust -25 MC or sumthing ?? you see :P (not that i ever want that to happen tough) but thats probably yust the weird balancing out part as you said in one of the posts above here :)

anyway its getting long allready, if the minus weaponlore hurts you then ya gotta sacrifice some serieus stuff yup :/ +15 aghility +5 ath and decent armour seems better then a capped weapon .. (and an extra dex, maybe a bit more int for a belt)

what class are you ? i use the reflex 4 on my spy but ya cant compare cause its a rifler he has it easy capping aim .. are you a spy or a pe ? if youre a spy then its maybe a bit easier cause they have loads of int anyway .. then its yust caves,caves,caves :) if youre a pe then ya gotta start making choises

ciao, im outta here to play a small game, i almost fall asleep tough, been a hard day at work :)

The only problem was the hybrid melee tank.

Perfect resists, and fully capping a ravager + CS + POB by only taking a beast and melee 3....

Thats what needs fixing ;)

Serpent
03-02-05, 20:11

Perfect resists, and fully capping a ravager + CS + POB by only taking a beast and melee 3....

fear ze hybrid tankz, they ******** lil children.

:rolleyes:

E. Cryton
03-02-05, 20:48

i never had any problems with those hybrids.
and i havent seen that much tank hybs tbh.

monkhybs are way more annoying.

Agent L
03-02-05, 23:26
a fragment from never-written "Basics of implants effects" by Dr Quinn.

BioTech Dexterity-Booster: [+DEX -STR]
This spinal collumn implant adjusts strobes of conducted nerve signals and triggers muscle groups counteracting desired movement. While this processing increases precison and speed of movement (+DEX), shorter and sharper signals can't squeeze out maximum muscle sustained power and counteracting muscles also reduce total force output(-STR).

BioTech Reflexbooster: [+DEX, +AGL +ATL -INT -WEP]
This spinal collumn implant is a sophisticated cpu that independently processes incoming stimuli and directly reacts to them by triggering muscles. This process is carried out especially for legs which have longest route to brain. So instead of sending signals to brain, processing them there and sending back, this spinal implant decides of needed action by itself. While such process significially decreases specific reaction times (+DEX, +AGL +ATL), it also deprives brain (and consciousness) from some data, thus making user less aware of enviroment (-INT). Also this uncontrolable and unpredictable micro-movements will destabilise whole body - making aiming more difficult (-WEP)
The experimental version of this spine is fitted with altered firmware, focused more on keeping muscles at maxium efficiency level (END) instead of speed (ATH). Less fatigue rewarded with better precison (more DEX). Some data, athough processed, are still routed to brain (smaller INT penalty), but brain still tries to respond to these impulses, what creates interferences and further tumors (heavier WEP penalty).

landofcake
04-02-05, 01:43
"swings and roundabouts".

"The Sex is shit but you can park up next to Tesco's ..."

;) Every cloud ...

El Jimben
04-02-05, 20:20
i also miss the times you could put in multiple mc5's in youre head :/

what about a riflerspy with DS+SA+SF+ballistic3 .. thats using a shelter natural yes ...

or even a herculesetup to become a PE-spy with some nice armour ?

2 bad snif

How the hell do you expect a spy to have 90 str or 90 psi to use said chips?

Tostino
04-02-05, 20:30
How the hell do you expect a spy to have 90 str or 90 psi to use said chips?
a long time ago they didn't have req's. I would love for them to make it that way again, but they will never do that :(.

Jesterthegreat
04-02-05, 23:39
a long time ago they didn't have req's.

what he said. when they first cameingame they had no req's and people went mad with their setups... so KK clampped the cookie cutter setups back on.