PDA

View Full Version : Monk constructor

fjutte
02-02-05, 16:07
I red Synergy XR's guide about researcher (http://nc.synergyxr.net/guides/researching/) I wonder if it could be used for a monk constructor as well, with other imps and CST skill instead of RES of course. Anyone tried this or have any other good setup? The thing is that I want a simple APU/PPU with perfect CST skill

cMz
02-02-05, 16:17
If you dont mind casting spells slow (low PSU), and the long time it takes to level INT on a monk, you could probably make a constructor.

I dont know how much skillpoints you would have to put into CST, but I would guess a lot, as you DEX dont go very high, and you would need something to compensate for that.

eLcHi
02-02-05, 16:57
Problem is that Construction is dependant on Construction Skill, Int Level and (here comes the catch) Dex Level

You need a much higher Cst-Skill to compensate for the Dex-Loss

Res-Monk, Barter-Monk, Imp-Monk, Hack-Monk ... no problem, but construction i dunno

There were some Monk-Constructors in NC1 - can anyone share their experiences ?

Zeres
03-02-05, 13:35
As elchi said you will need much higher dex.

In case you just look for higher cst-skill by casting cst-booster 3 on yourself you should go spy instead and get a friendly ppu to buff you. If you want to play a ppu-conster because you dont have enough char-slots and want to play both (ppu and conster in one char) then prepare to be semi-good in both professions.

Prom_STar
03-02-05, 15:17
If u wanted to const as a monk u'd have so little PSU that u'd be pretty much uselsss -- at least i'd think, correct me if i'm wrong. All the high level monks i've talked to say u need at least 130 PSU pre imps, armor, and drugs to actually be worth something as either a PPU or an APU.
I actually tried to make a conster monk at one point, but a high level PPU convinced me to give it up. Basically i figured that psi combat would be an easy way to level Int (which it is) but didn't know 1: monks level int slowly, 2: monks needs lots of PSU.
I'd say go for it if u really want to -- the RP elements could be cool. But i'm pretty sure that from a PvP point of view, all you'd be accomplishing is gimping yourself.

Bugs Gunny
03-02-05, 15:19
No point in making a cst monk.

A researching ppu is viable, i'm not saying it's great, but it's viable.

berty
03-02-05, 16:43
experiemnted with this concept on TS - not worth it - had to put so much into construction to even start getting close to cap on some weapons it was a joke.

hegemon
03-02-05, 17:42
I'm not really sure that the higher DEX requirement is such a huge problem. According to the official skill guide, one point in CST is worth as much as 7 points in DEX. Construct booster 1 gives +5 CST, Construct booster 3 gives +20 CST. So a ppu can buff self with 15 CST more, which in turn is equivalent to 105 DEX. So a constructing spy would have to have 105 more DEX than a monk to be at an advantage (with self buffs).

Bugs Gunny
03-02-05, 17:46
At 100 int and 35 dex a monk would need 121 CST to cap quality on all non rares

poelzi
03-02-05, 17:57
It seems that dex has a major effect on slots, quality and speed of building, as well as int and cst itself. I would never recomend a monk cst, however a monk research seems to work good, a friend has one. Their psychic abilities seems help them to look right through the object ;)

kindly regards
daniel

Zeres
05-02-05, 08:43
not to mention that it is a pain in the ass to int cap a monk. *g*

Redburn
05-02-05, 10:54
My CSTer Monk does pretty good on builds, CST skill after CST booster 3 CST glove is 161, my INT is not near capped yes INT is a pain to lvl in a PPU but I do have built a few artifact rare weapons with slots (4 slot arti Silent Hunter, 2 slot arti CS, and others) but that was on NC1 haven't played with rares yet in NC2. Yes I do get a better build if I pop a few DEX drugs and INT drugs tested that out building spells back on NC1. Still say slots are a roll of the dice.

N3v3rM0r3
05-03-05, 12:46
I red Synergy XR's guide about researcher (http://nc.synergyxr.net/guides/researching/) I wonder if it could be used for a monk constructor as well, with other imps and CST skill instead of RES of course. Anyone tried this or have any other good setup? The thing is that I want a simple APU/PPU with perfect CST skill

think is not possible.

if u need to cap int and dex, repair veicles

N3v3rM0r3

Rabiator
07-03-05, 23:27
I'm not really sure that the higher DEX requirement is such a huge problem. According to the official skill guide, one point in CST is worth as much as 7 points in DEX. Construct booster 1 gives +5 CST, Construct booster 3 gives +20 CST. So a ppu can buff self with 15 CST more, which in turn is equivalent to 105 DEX. So a constructing spy would have to have 105 more DEX than a monk to be at an advantage (with self buffs).

Seems to make sense, and my "Schneeflittchen" on Mars is going the same route. Of course, she will need to use Construct Booster 3 to be really good, which means she has to be a PPU or at least a PPU based hybrid. I don't think an APU setup will work for a constructor monk...