PDA

View Full Version : Construction Question, GM's Mods People who know lots.

Zheo
01-02-05, 20:59
Hey folks wondering if you could shed some light on this subject.

I have a constructer who has the following stats:

Int: 84 Base (95 with imps)
Dex: 80 Base (104 with imps + armour)
Const: 151 Base (191 with glove imps. and 221 with self buff and op)

I constructed a few tl 78 drones, but i couldnt get the condition above 88 all round. I know the cap is 94, and with op buff etc i have 2.833333 more cst than the tl. I also read a post by Lupus that state a cst with 250 cst (about that) will have no better luck than a cst with 190

Is this true? perhaps this is why I cannot make this drone with any better stats. I would have though that cst cap is double the TL so for example to construct a rare with perfect skill that is TL 115 you'd need 230 cst.

Is this right or not? I also worked out using there stats about construction capping

Dex = 0.25
Int = 0.10
Cst = 0.60

that would make my construction ability around 168 with 221 cst. which is still over double the tl of the drone.

Any info on this would be great, but not from people who believe more cst = better slots cos thats just not true. Also someone said stats on rares are also random is that true or a rumor?

Thanks for your help!! <- In advance.

Zheo

Brammers
01-02-05, 21:10
The quality cap on a constructed TL78 drone is 88%, not 94%. So you are capping the quality of the drone.

I can only guess you looked at a Ion drones available from the Ion drone NPC's. For some reason the quality on them was higher than a constructed version.

SypH
01-02-05, 21:10
Not all items have a quality cap of 94%. As the tl gets higher the quality cap gets lower.

QuantumDelta
01-02-05, 21:15
Those two nailed it - the advantage of having high CST (or...that high) would theoretically be building Capped Rares, every time.

Brammers
01-02-05, 21:17
Those two nailed it - the advantage of having high CST (or...that high) would theoretically be building Capped Rares, every time.

True, but in the case of rares the stats are random. Your chances of getting slots on rares are higher, however I've generally noticed the more slots the weapon has, the stats are slightly lower.

QuantumDelta
01-02-05, 21:32
hense theoretically ;)

-- I've noticed that too about CSTing though there are exceptions... slots vs quality

john irons
01-02-05, 21:34
you can increase your chanses of getting 5 slots,

all you have to do is grab the heals of your feet and wiggle the mouse with you chin.

no really.:cool:

Zheo
01-02-05, 21:43
The quality cap on a constructed TL78 drone is 88%, not 94%. So you are capping the quality of the drone.

I can only guess you looked at a Ion drones available from the Ion drone NPC's. For some reason the quality on them was higher than a constructed version.

Thanks Brammers your being reallly helpful, so one more thing how much construction skill would i need to cap a TL 115 drone? would it be double eg 230 or would 190 be fine?

Zheo

retr0n
01-02-05, 21:58
Thanks Brammers your being reallly helpful, so one more thing how much construction skill would i need to cap a TL 115 drone? would it be double eg 230 or would 190 be fine?

Zheo

With 100 INT and 100 DEX you need 115 CST to cap quality of a TL115 item.
Chances on slots increase with higher CST.

Zheo
01-02-05, 22:09

However slots on rares are random as i stated so if i had 200 cst that'd be more than enough then?

Capt. Rik
01-02-05, 22:19
I'm sure this was quoted ages and ages ago:

The higher your skill, the more chance you have of capping the item. The higher the chance of capping the item = more chance of getting slots but the ammount of slots you get (0-5) should be totally random

Brammers
01-02-05, 22:38

Zheo

I have 170 CST (INT 100+ and DEX 100+ ), and I cap a TL122 drone no problem. If you get 80 (May be 81) on the quality you are doing fine.

Bugs Gunny
01-02-05, 23:09
I have an all purpose tradeskiller who pilots all vehicles, repairs 130+, cst 149 and researchers 195, all that without buffs.

I'm NOT ever going to take my cst higher, i might even lom some of it out for poking or some weird shit.
I don't believe much of the slotchance increase, especialy not on rares.

I'd rather salvage a no slotter and do it again than have to wait for a researcher to bp some items for my 250+ cst.....

DUAL PURPOSE TRADESKILLERS > ALL

Zheo
02-02-05, 12:36
I have an all purpose tradeskiller who pilots all vehicles, repairs 130+, cst 149 and researchers 195, all that without buffs.

I'm NOT ever going to take my cst higher, i might even lom some of it out for poking or some weird shit.
I don't believe much of the slotchance increase, especialy not on rares.

I'd rather salvage a no slotter and do it again than have to wait for a researcher to bp some items for my 250+ cst.....

DUAL PURPOSE TRADESKILLERS > ALL

Salvage? you mean normal weapons? Because you cant salvage rares into parts again can you?

hegemon
02-02-05, 15:28
I don't really believe in the high CST -> more slots myth. The only difference I've noticed between CST 220 and CST 170, is that the first one got one four slotted tl3 heal in 500 attempts, while the second one got three five slotters in 200 attempts and numerous four slotters.

I don't have any hard numbers on building rares, but I haven't noticed any difference. So right now I have a droner that does decent damage with the drones, researches all parts (including mc5s) and looses maybe one E in 70, and constructs everything with good results. Specialization is for ants.

zii
02-02-05, 16:53
I was under the impression that the slot number was DEX dependent however, this might be a myth.

Clownst0pper
02-02-05, 16:57
the whole construct situtation is a joke..

Look at GOD's results with his constructing Tank, I had similar results on my constructing PE with only 135 + 15 (glove) = 150 construct.

Sure I was pushing 110 intelligance through drugs/hawkins/ss/sa/construct 3 but it still blows the theory of higher construct higher quality.

Mad slots on a PE constructor

Hellmag
02-02-05, 17:53
Is that with or without imps, buffs?

Bugs Gunny
02-02-05, 17:56
Here's the trick.... be a mulituse tradeskiller and when someone asks you how much CST you have, just say 200+.
The results are the same, you get paid, they get their items at same quality and slotchance.

Agent L
02-02-05, 18:31
I can't recall exact stats atm, but with 110 cst (75 base), and over 120 INT/DEX I capped quality on all weapons (including Punishers when I managed to get cst buffed over it's TL)

As stated in new skills guide overall construction skill is now :
0.1(10%) DEX + 0.2(20%) INT + 0.7(70%) CST
So using PA gimps your cst.

Higher cst makes process faster and lowers chance of failure. That's only 100% confirmed positive effect of high CST.

LOST
02-02-05, 19:27
in ye olde days construction was explained with the "theoretical" and the "random" number generation to get slots. so having the highest possible con/int/dex was supposed to give increased chance of slottage (not quality).

however many people have tested this, and with the formula rework (finally- now just adjust the xp) it just isnt working at all.

slots on non-rares are bobbins, everyone knows it.
slots on rares are actually pretty good really.

quality on non rares cap at a certain point, rares can be upto arty.

Higher cst makes process faster and lowers chance of failure. That's only 100% confirmed positive effect of high CST.pretty much.

Look at GOD's results with his constructing Tankthey were just crazy dammit. obsurd even. made my spy conster shite. grrr.

Salvage? you mean normal weapons? Because you cant salvage rares into parts again can you?of course you can. high level recycle will get you a few of the parts back. (or at least was..havent tried in nc2)

Original monk
02-02-05, 19:56
of course you can. high level recycle will get you a few of the parts back. (or at least was..havent tried in nc2)

-> can anyone confirm this ? with high recycleskill (what is high ?) do you get some of youre parts back of a rare when you salvage it in NC2 ??

intresting indeed, if i knew this in neocron 1 lol i would of saved myself alot of time looking for SH and FLparts lol

Bugs Gunny
03-02-05, 10:49
I was refering to non rares.

I'll try this on my 163 natural recycler (yes, that is overkill i know) with a 0 slot executioner i have lying around as paperweight.

Original monk
03-02-05, 10:58
I was refering to non rares.

I'll try this on my 163 natural recycler (yes, that is overkill i know) with a 0 slot executioner i have lying around as paperweight.

ok cool :) let us know, if this is true then i lom my poker/barter/repper some recycle :)

gaining parts back after you build a 0slotter is extremely nice :) even if its yust 1 part ... better then making em YO's food :)

Miss Naughty
03-02-05, 12:50
I've found typing "/e pray" while constructing garauntees at least a 4 slot item.

I built a 4 slot Moonie and 5 slot wyatt earp like that the other day. The slot god must be appeased.

Bugs Gunny
03-02-05, 13:03
I usualy just sacrifice a virgin before i build.
Helps me all the time. Even though you don't find too many virgins in NC2 anymore.

Original monk
03-02-05, 13:29
I usualy just sacrifice a virgin before i build.
Helps me all the time. Even though you don't find too many virgins in NC2 anymore.

does having sex with a dead body counts as "sex" also ?

Bugs Gunny
03-02-05, 14:16
If one of you orgasms it's "sex" :-)

Revslad
03-02-05, 14:17

lmfaooo :lol:

Original monk
03-02-05, 15:35

ow nm then :o

Asurmen Spec Op
03-02-05, 15:37
acually your skill does have a major efect on slots and % of rares.
I cant belive no one remembers when that thread was out

Bugs Gunny
03-02-05, 15:40
Yes, and it was a post by KK.
Kinda like the numerous posts where they said there was NO sixth stat.

Anyone remember when they removed "the sixth stat" in a patch? :-)

I hope you guys all enjoy your 220+ cst's. I know i'm enjoying soloing it all and churning out high slotters at the same rate.

Genty
03-02-05, 15:45
If you cap the highest TL drone, that means it's damn likely you have the possibility of capping rares.

For none rares the higher the quality you can get gives you a greater chance of slots but they are still random.

Rares are just odd, when 5 sloters are prduced you often got stats of 105% - 110%...with 0 slots you can get all 120%. So, stop trying to work out the perfect formular. :P

Original monk
03-02-05, 15:53
Anyone remember when they removed "the sixth stat" in a patch? :-)

i know angeldustbe4's baserank 76 tank does ...

Omnituens
03-02-05, 15:54
the construction system needs a rethink.

scratch that, a complete overhaul.

my best 2 rares are
a 3 slot wyatt earp, 2 stats 120% other to were 118% and 116%
a 4 slot redeemer, all stats above 113%

ive build almost one of every rare now, but i havent built a pain easer for some odd reason.

Capt. Rik
03-02-05, 15:57
On my really old constructor (like 18 months ago) i built 2 x 4 slot Paw of Tigers at all artifact stats (120%'s all round) 8| :eek:

Original monk
03-02-05, 16:01
On my really old constructor (like 18 months ago) i built 2 x 4 slot Paw of Tigers at all artifact stats (120%'s all round) 8| :eek:

pot with all artifact i also made before, the tl is ok for that, nicest stats i had was on a liberator 120 in all except handling 119 :)

it even got confiscated for a minute by a GM that tought it was spawned :) but returned to the owner after it turned out clean hehe