PDA

View Full Version : Population Question

Kid Icarus
01-02-05, 10:35
During Peek Play times (whatever those may be):
What is the number of players on the most populated server?

I played NC2 for a couple of months and then stopped due to time restraints. Considering coming back with two friends if NC2 has not died yet. Looking at forum activity/patches/publicity, the game is dead. Am I wrong?

athon
01-02-05, 10:43
Forum activity is not a good indicator of number of people actually playing. Many don't visit the forums, and more don't or rarely post. If anything, I would say that lack of forum activity indicates contentment from the players on the recent activities of KK, since they aren't whining about anything much right now (which is mostly what people do on the forums).

As for server populations, no one knows the exact populations bexause KK have changed the server indicators to a %age. When it was first introduced the rate was set at 100% = 1000 players, tho this may well have changed since then. Terra generally gets to about 30% at peak times, so if the old settings are still true, that's 300 odd players.

There has been a slight drop from this recently which is due to a number of factors including a server-side bug where some people are walking about with odd models on their heads (KK have said no rollback will occur and that they are working on a possible global fix) and the release of the beta of several games including WoW and the game that shall not be mentioned. I also believe there are exams on at the moment, which would be a contributing factor as people concentrate on revising and taking those.

Athon Solo

Dr Strange
01-02-05, 12:11
For a while Terra's pop was pretty damn low cause no one knew if the current graphical corruptions would lead to a rollback or not.

After it was announced it wouldn't, it rose a little. Since then (this was right before/after christmas) there have been more new players here and there. Always see new players asking newbie questions in Help now and then (a good sign!).

Pay By Cash was just started so people who had or are having problems with Click2Pay are probably gonna be playing now since theres a ton of ways to pay with PBC.

Though WoW euro release/beta will hurt and the [ edited ] open beta might hurt (doesnt look that great to me personally).

Time will tell.

Kid Icarus
01-02-05, 20:03
Thanks for the Info. Me and my two friends tried [ edited ] yesterday: IMO It is one of the worse, most horrible pieces of shit I have played in a long time. The aiming is worse than Counterstrike while moving and if you want to run away from being killed you can, since damage is like 3 points a hit. Not to get off topic though ;)

And yeah, WoW is a hit for sure, but its a totally different game. If I come back to Neocron it will be with my same two friends (who both would be quiting WoW to play Neocron, despite having maxed out characters there), so that says something.

And thank god for the dead of Click2Pay.

Additionally: Im guessing everyone and their mother is a Droner now?

Dribble Joy
01-02-05, 20:06
Additionally: Im guessing everyone and their mother is a Droner now?
Actually there seems to be a better balance between the classes now.
That said, OP fights are of course dominated by PPUs and APUs, with a few tanks thrown in.

Xylaz
01-02-05, 20:31
During Peek Play times (whatever those may be):
What is the number of players on the most populated server?

I played NC2 for a couple of months and then stopped due to time restraints. Considering coming back with two friends if NC2 has not died yet. Looking at forum activity/patches/publicity, the game is dead. Am I wrong?

Peak times: between 200-300 people
other than that: around 100 or less

Forums are broken for various reasons actually, so do not judge the game only by the forum itself. From my experience, it seems that less and less people who are still actively playing the game, are using forums nowadays. There is a reason for that.

and no, not everyone is a droner now - nothing really changed here: everyone have untouchable duo: ppu + apu/tank