PDA

View Full Version : drone's and mc5

LOST
31-01-05, 23:45
not going into old ground i hope....already know of the "is it an exploit or not"

just want to know how a stealthing droner can clear and gain the most prestigious items in the hardest cave without effort.

the mc5 guards dont even shoot at the drones....

writing this as i have just logged out of there 'cause someone was doing it.
seems like an exploit because its so easy and the drones dont get shot at...le'd so no danger from other runners makes it even easier....

<--kinda confused....anyone wanna help out ???

giga191
31-01-05, 23:48
not going into old ground i hope....already know of the "is it an exploit or not"

just want to know how a stealthing droner can clear and gain the most prestigious items in the hardest cave without effort.

the mc5 guards dont even shoot at the drones....

writing this as i have just logged out of there 'cause someone was doing it.
seems like an exploit because its so easy and the drones dont get shot at...le'd so no danger from other runners makes it even easier....

<--kinda confused....anyone wanna help out ??? Is it really that much easier than hiding behind a wall, constantly shooting a mal at the same place?

extract
31-01-05, 23:50
Is it really that much harder than hiding behind a wall, constantly shooting a mal at the same place?

not even the same friggin thing

[ edited ]

thx, have a good day

bye

LOST
31-01-05, 23:51
i think so....at least it looked like it :lol: was the sad little ppu...and had to rez in there....at least you get shot !!

wouldnt be anything to start the thread over if the drones actually got hit.
that was my tiny lttle point

edit:
before more upset people come a bashing.....it was a general question for drones being invincible...
and the 1st thread i have ever started so .... 'calm down' -in best scouse accent.

Xeno LARD
01-02-05, 00:14
Read the old thread, niddy said that he will be bringing it to KK's attention at the next meeting.

SorkZmok
01-02-05, 01:31
I think i should go there on a daily basis and take screenshots of all those droners exploiting. Cause they definatly are.

On the other hand, i doubt anything is gonna happen about that then anyway. So exploit happily, at least the prices will drop then. :(

Transformer
01-02-05, 02:06
just so ya know your drone CAN get hit until you get in a postion where it is harder to be hit. it can be hit. nearly the same as a tank hiding behind a wall being that he can still be hit but no where near as much. yes yes yes i agree that it is insanely cheap but tbh stop whining and get a friend who's a droner or use your and do the same thing. if you can't beat em, join em.

SorkZmok
01-02-05, 02:28
just so ya know your drone CAN get hit until you get in a postion where it is harder to be hit. it can be hit. nearly the same as a tank hiding behind a wall being that he can still be hit but no where near as much. yes yes yes i agree that it is insanely cheap but tbh stop whining and get a friend who's a droner or use your and do the same thing. if you can't beat em, join em.
Well you know how to exploit the place. o_O

Basicly you`re saying, if everyone exploits it, stop whine and do it yourself? No thank you, i`m not that cheap. People like you destroy this game.

And ive watched the droners in there quite some time, ive never seen the guards shoot em once. And even if the dones "sometime or on the way to the safespot" get shot, who cares, theyre cheap and piss easy to replace.

extract
01-02-05, 03:03
actually the only people here bitching about droners doing this more than likely already got mc5s, or multiples(like myself)

all your inevitably doing is fucking the new people, and soon gonna fuck the economy....yet again, when they close mc5 again for a few months

but whatever, I know how hard it is to actually work your ass off for something when you can get it for practically nothing, nor any risk

Id like a LEd droner to tell me otherwise that as soon as they stealth in and get in "their spot" that they actually worry about getting killed themselves....

if you can sit in a room with 5-6 120/120s and not have this concern and all the while collect multiple parts than something is wrong

just for the record, last time I took my droner to mc5 was in nc1, and trust me it was the last time, I lost over 10 drones in about 2 mins....AS IT SHOULD BE

an old school hybrid, like pre patch 186/187 couldnt even solo MC5 now, someone tell me why a spy should be able to now?

you say its rightfully so now, so you can get high lvl content? pfft all that is, is an excuse to sidetrack people from thinking your exploiting

but whatever, like i said, me personally I could care less, i got all the mc5s i need, ive had em for months, possibly years....

what I dont like is seeing some fucking new kid new to nc who comes in, wants to be in the game and gets put off cause some asstwat who exploited mc5 who has over 20 mc5 chips in his apartment, gets his jollies off trying to charge some nib over 30 mil for an mc5 chip when their the reason mc5 got closed in the first place....but yea whatever

kk fix this, kk we need a patch, kk we need more content......kk open mc5, we promise we wont exploit it anymore

Riddle
01-02-05, 15:32
Only having been to MC5 a few times and on my PPU with a Tank for company i must say :-

For high end content it wasn't that hard.... in fact I found the DOY lv3 tunnels harder :D yet the reward down there is shite compared to MC5.

As for LE Droners, never seen them there :angel: , however if this is going on i assume your all pissed because they LE? you can't kill them?
Dam just Push and shove they will get hit sooner or later :) and if you get killed i'll be there to Rez ya :cool: They on the other hand have no rez. :lol:

Momo Katzius
01-02-05, 15:46
That's why a le'd droner will loose SL under certain circumstances. *cough* Seriously, there might be bug or so.

SorkZmok
01-02-05, 17:32
Only having been to MC5 a few times and on my PPU with a Tank for company i must say :-

For high end content it wasn't that hard.... in fact I found the DOY lv3 tunnels harder :D yet the reward down there is shite compared to MC5.

As for LE Droners, never seen them there :angel: , however if this is going on i assume your all pissed because they LE? you can't kill them?
Dam just Push and shove they will get hit sooner or later :) and if you get killed i'll be there to Rez ya :cool: They on the other hand have no rez. :lol:
Cant push a droner.

Bugs Gunny
01-02-05, 17:38
Bullshit.

Droners can be pushed the same as other people.
And even le'd droners can be pushed by trying to parashock them.

How many times an le'd droner wouldn't reset the el farid caves.... takes a while to get them out from behind those walls.

giga191
01-02-05, 17:44
The people who come into mc5 and harrass the droners are exploiting more than the droners exploit (if indeed it is an exploit..). Also you people who complain that the droners never get killed in there: where in NC do droners ever get killed anyway? If your gonna stop droners using the cover in there then you can completely move the pillars while your at it because that is an exploit by that deffinition.

Bugs Gunny
01-02-05, 17:48
LOL, that's actualy true.... those pillars should be removed.
They are in theory an exploit, exactly the same as the pits in el farid.

Original monk
01-02-05, 17:56
yes yes yes i agree that it is insanely cheap but tbh stop whining and get a friend who's a droner or use your and do the same thing. if you can't beat em, join em.

with other words when the others are exploiting i should start exploiting also ?? when others jump of the bridge i should jump also ??

no thanx, bye bye

i dont care what they say, droners in mc5 nomather what level and with or witouth LE = an exploit (in my personal opinion cause ya dont get hit and there isnt any risk at all .. ya can harvest happily all you like)

with or witouth any official statement: in my eyes this is an exploit of a weakness in the game ... obviously: drones dont get hit nor does the droner ..

i bet KK has there toughts also but keeping droners out of there is another thing, i hope they discuss this soon, the sooner the better ...

when they discovered an exploit in the beginning of MC5 the cave got locked down and the parts got wiped ... with every other suspicion of exploiting, that cave got locked down faster then you can say "ow hellow" ... but droners do there thing in there for a daamn long time now .. witouth questioning .. i think its to late allready .. its easier to yust make MC5chips shopbought lol, easier then letting MC5 be destroyed by LEchars exploiting/harvesting that place (droner LEchars that is cause all other LEchars DO have a risk in there, so no this isnt an LE-thing) :/

defending a droner here about hunting in mc5 is defending an exploit, not defending youre favourite class ... telling me to find a mate who has a droner is the same as encouraging exploits .. (i aint accusin you transformer, i know i used the example myself sarcastically you see, but still ..)

the droners i spoke in mc5 all had a diffrent reason .. from the honest ones telling they where harvesting that place relaxed ... and wouldnt care about all the rest in there ... till the droners telling me that it was "there place to level up" :rolleyes:

yeah yeah whatever, whats next ?? baserank /10 pistolspy's soloing juggernauts ?

i hope there comes a decent solution for this problem, cause it IS a problem

what about a sensor at the entrance of MC5 that kills droners when they enter there ?? :D -> again i dont have any problems with droners .. but i do in this specific case on that specific location ... dont tell me ya get more xp in mc5 then in the graves or chaoscaves mmkay ...

drones in mc5 is abusing bugs

LOST
01-02-05, 18:38
thx for the comments guys..

didnt know this was being looked into..so cheers.

to be honest i dont see a problem with droners - not even in mc5. its the fact that not once did the drone (any of them) get shot at - let alone hit.

i use my res/rep guy as a droner..so i get droning (i think :confused: ) no guards really shoot drones particuly(arily?) accurately...

also get the protection of the walls..thats how its done. technically not an exploit because you can get shot - but bad design.
good to know its being looked at. not much point in carrying on is there.
thx guys.

poelzi
01-02-05, 19:16
There simply does not exist a drone in the game that can withhold the damage in MC5 for more than 3 secounds when they get shoot. This is simply the fact. But this doesn't make MC5 impossible for drones, just a little more expensive. When you have no drone that can withstand the impact you have to use kami drones.

Take as much kami drones with you and the stealth tool 3 at least and stealth into it. Place yourself behind the left wall where the mobs can't see you and begin fireing revenge on the base commander. Stealth, loot, restart, go to gogu,.... Befor they spot the drone and shoot its gone anyway.

It's not that MC5 is impossible for droners, ist just that you can't fight normally there. Thats for what Kami drones are.

kindly regards
poelzi

giga191
01-02-05, 19:29
Ok say the was some sort of safe spot where drones don't get hit (I really don't think there is and everyone I've talked to say their drones get hit) and it was remove, then should droner still be able to mc5? Please justify your answer with something more intelligent than "omg im not used to seeing droners in mc5 so they shouldn't be there" or "omg it only takes one person to mc5"

Brammers
01-02-05, 21:05
Bullshit.

Droners can be pushed the same as other people.
And even le'd droners can be pushed by trying to parashock them.

How many times an le'd droner wouldn't reset the el farid caves.... takes a while to get them out from behind those walls.

Droner's can't be pushed when they are droning. That feature was put in a long time ago.

CMaster
01-02-05, 21:07
Ok, I know a few droners who've been to MC5. This phrase has inevitably come across Buddy chat.
"Fuck, they just trashed my drone soon as they saw it. I just wanted to get a rank on them"
Now, I'm not sure whetehr this applies to the guards in "the cave" but to those outside = they've killed plenty of drones.

Original monk
01-02-05, 21:31
i wanted to post some extra infoz here but i yust posted it in a txtfile for now :)

the threadstarter yust asking some infoz i aint gonna whine to much about droners afterall, allready made a thread about it and cause it was getting a soap opera i asked to close it.. when a gm felt like it ffcourse

i know that sumthing aint right with droning in MC5 tough, i dont have a droner so i cant do some tests 2 badly but i can surely watch em doing there thing in mc5 yust as anyone else ...

enjoy playing

Clownst0pper
02-02-05, 01:39
Kamikaze drones + Punishers have always been a joy in MC5, with no exploiting involved..

Say no more say no more ;)

eprodigy
02-02-05, 02:05
the whole idea of droning is fighting from where your body is safe. droning IS using safe spots, if they had to park it right in the middle of a fight they wouldnt ever have a chance to do anything. i dont think its an exploit, perhaps it should just be tougher for them - if it is actually so easy(havent seen this myself).

extract
02-02-05, 02:15
the whole idea of droning is fighting from where your body is safe. droning IS using safe spots, if they had to park it right in the middle of a fight they wouldnt ever have a chance to do anything. i dont think its an exploit, perhaps it should just be tougher for them - if it is actually so easy(havent seen this myself).

I respect what your trying to say, but your veiws are ill placed....noone is complaining that the droner himself is hiding....

the problem is now the drone itself is hiding in a sense...

another problem is, LE droners can AOE the place to fuck without worrying about damaging themselves, where as all other people who AOE, with LE or without LE can still take damage

there is huge problems atm with droners, in regards to LE....

but what they are doing is exploiting, I dont really think anyone can really say anything differently

unless its gonna be something like "my drone still gets hit!(but only when im enroute to the exploit spot) so its not really exploiting, cause it still got hit"

its like "its not really cheating if you spread peanut butter on your nuts and let your dog lick it off, cause its your dog, GET IT?

Clownst0pper
02-02-05, 02:21
I respect what your trying to say, but your veiws are ill placed....noone is complaining that the droner himself is hiding....

the problem is now the drone itself is hiding in a sense...

another problem is, LE droners can AOE the place to fuck without worrying about damaging themselves, where as all other people who AOE, with LE or without LE can still take damage

there is huge problems atm with droners, in regards to LE....

but what they are doing is exploiting, I dont really think anyone can really say anything differently

unless its gonna be something like "my drone still gets hit!(but only when im enroute to the exploit spot) so its not really exploiting, cause it still got hit"

its like "its not really cheating if you spread peanut butter on your nuts and let your dog lick it off, cause its your dog, GET IT?

Dont you think your argument is a little flawed?

You can level in 3 days to cap on a spy in the graves droning.

Not only is your body NEVER hit, but your drone recieves zero damage from the snakes poison, with some nice flying your drone is NEVER hit, yet you can continually hit 10+ 100/100 mobs.

Log out once its empty, rinse repeat...

Is that exploiting?

extract
02-02-05, 02:32
Dont you think your argument is a little flawed?

You can level in 3 days to cap on a spy in the graves droning.

Not only is your body NEVER hit, but your drone recieves zero damage from the snakes poison, with some nice flying your drone is NEVER hit, yet you can continually hit 10+ 100/100 mobs.

Log out once its empty, rinse repeat...

Is that exploiting?

im not totally gonna rip into you for this comment solely cause you helped me on saturn a bit, but I really disagree with this comment simply cause you are totally miscontrusing what Im saying, and trying to turn it into a valid excuse as to why droners shouldnt be considered exploiting for manuvering their drone into a position where they "CANT" be hit

in graves, a drone can, and does get hit, and eventually can blow up....

secondly almost all classes can solo graves, not just droners, in fact, spec some poison and a heavy poison belt, and an apu can medkit his way thru that place with ease, I know from experience, pistol and rifle spies can too, with decent poison resists, and a TL 3 heal and your set, a PE, ummm yea, and a tank, no contest

but can a rifle spy, a pistol spy, an APU, HC/MC tank, or a PE solo mc5?

not on your life, and of course this isnt a bitch cause droners can solo mc5, fuck, if they could without exploiting I wouldnt say a word, in fact more power to em....

but as an old school veteran droner in nc1(lost in transfer, god rest his soul) I know for a fact, i was capped, stealth 1, and no fucking way did I stand a chance at even getting BC to 1/2 health before I lost over 40 drones....

so make all the excuses you want, what they are doing is exploiting

Ill quote what i said in the other thread about this very same topic about previous instances of where people could clean mc5 without getting hit

base commander downstairs, tank AOE, tank couldnt get hit = exploit
glass in mc5, apus & tanks could stand up on a portion and couldnt get hit = exploit
back door in main room, you could jump on it and noone who enetered could see you, nor the base commander = exploit

so youre telling me that ALL these different aspects of people not getting hit whilst killing the basecommander were all classified as EXPLOITS,

YET, a droner who cant get hit, pushed, drone shot(after it gets into "the spot") isnt classified as an exploit?

Clownst0pper
02-02-05, 02:43
im not totally gonna rip into you for this comment solely cause you helped me on saturn a bit, but I really disagree with this comment simply cause you are totally miscontrusing what Im saying, and trying to turn it into a valid excuse as to why droners shouldnt be considered exploiting for manuvering their drone into a position where they "CANT" be hit

in graves, a drone can, and does get hit, and eventually can blow up....

secondly almost all classes can solo graves, not just droners, in fact, spec some poison and a heavy poison belt, and an apu can medkit his way thru that place with ease, I know from experience, pistol and rifle spies can too, with decent poison resists, and a TL 3 heal and your set, a PE, ummm yea, and a tank, no contest

not on your life, and of course this isnt a bitch cause droners can solo mc5, fuck, if they could without exploiting I wouldnt say a word, in fact more power to em....

but as an old school veteran droner in nc1(lost in transfer, god rest his soul) I know for a fact, i was capped, stealth 1, and no fucking way did I stand a chance at even getting BC to 1/2 health before I lost over 40 drones....

so make all the excuses you want, what they are doing is exploiting

Ill quote what i said in the other thread about this very same topic about previous instances of where people could clean mc5 without getting hit

In many respects I agree (leave the saturn thing out, ive helped tons on saturn
:p )

In the graves it is 100% possible to wipe out the entire dungeon without your drone being hit a single time... I couldnt say whether that is exploiting, but with AOE it is rediculously possible.

And in MC5 many a time have I used the same tactic with punishers and kamikaze drones.

Much like if I was on my tank AOEing using DB, You can easily kill the commander without being hit if you take your time.

Of course, alot of this is low probability from my own experiance.

But agreed, I have no doubt others are abusing mc5, it was only a matter of time.

Revenge drones are still the best, pack 50, get a PPU to Dmg boost him, and hell go down in about 4....

*shrugs* either way it needs addressing

Jesterthegreat
02-02-05, 03:08
no matter how much people argue (and all the people for it seem to be on one clan...) it doesnt matter. hopefully KK will dosomething when nidd bitches at em for us :D

Clownst0pper
02-02-05, 03:14
no matter how much people argue (and all the people for it seem to be on one clan...) it doesnt matter. hopefully KK will dosomething when nidd bitches at em for us :D

Or Lupus ;)

Jesterthegreat
02-02-05, 03:15
Or Lupus ;)

cant see it being lupus' job to fix safespots... but any fix will do :p

Clownst0pper
02-02-05, 03:19
cant see it being lupus' job to fix safespots... but any fix will do :p

You'd be suprised what fingers of Lupus's are in which pies! 8| :p

Asurmen Spec Op
02-02-05, 04:02
remove the LE in MC5

Bugs Gunny
02-02-05, 08:32
Remove the walls in mc5 :-)

It'll be the place for true heroes to go.

Social-Zero
02-02-05, 08:44
Remove the walls?

Then what? Only let parties in who have a tank that can take the agro from the guards while the others then come in and shoot at them?

You can't just launch a drone in mc5 btw, You need to place it skillfully or it will get blown up.

Of course drones in mc5 are a little too simple at the moment.

Place a few more commanders or multiple mc 5 zones and we'll all be able to do it in our own way witout having to wait and wait.

I asked a lot of times and currently it is not classified as an exploit.

Now KK doesn't do anything till they really really have to so maybe this thread wakes em up a tiny bit

Bugs Gunny
02-02-05, 09:42
The only problem i see is with LE'd droners being there, not wanting to take turns or being asshats.

I am all for multiple commanders in the MC5 area. Right now it's just waiting in line all the time with your team.

Original monk
02-02-05, 10:08
I asked a lot of times and currently it is not classified as an exploit.

Now KK doesn't do anything till they really really have to so maybe this thread wakes em up a tiny bit

OR this thread will open there eyes and they will see that it aint the same nomore ... these are droners harvesting parts extremely quickly witouth any loss at all .. no danger of getting killed by the mobs, no danger of PKing in case of the LE'ers and for what cost ? a few drones ? if them drones even get hit lol...

drones defeat the purpose of mc5 wich is that the guards do heavy damage wich makes it hard ... but not for the droners ..

OR this thread will be read by so many droners that they all gonna start camping mc5 (trust me its close to that allready) and people will see how rediculous this is ... a mc5 filled with droners .. all happily exploiting there class in the so called "hardest" cave in neocron ...

and for example in the chaoscaves or in the graves they also dont get hit ... but they dont gain parts of 1 mill each every 10 minutes either ...

was this the thing the designers of mc5 had in mind when they made the cave ? dunno ..

-> PEOPLE: easiest way to get money in NC2 is to have a LEdroner and start doing mc5runs as quick as you can !!!!!!!!

you remember the troopcariers ? well this dronerexploit gets you 10x the amount of cash in 10x less of time ...

its allready bad but now i bet it wont take long before that place gets even more flooded with droners :P , wich i wont mind cause there moneymakingame wont take long then :)

Xylaz
02-02-05, 11:39
Indeed, i'd make an LE droner but all my char slots are full.
Good thing is, i can easily buy mc5 parts or just exchange for the rareparts nowadays - easy way, without all that hassle.
So its fine by me

[edit]
drones DO get hit in graves and chaos caves. They get hit very very often, just the dmg is low due to drone immunity to poison.
And in chaos caves drones are dead pretty quickly actually - for some reason chaos mobs are hitting them very hard and effectively.

So it is NOT true. Of course, you can lvl graves or chaos caves without getting hit by using aoe but its kinda different story - that's the point of aoe after all. Same in mc5. The only difference (supposedly) is that drones are ignored by guards which is indeed a bug and need fixing. But that's all basically.

eLcHi
02-02-05, 12:11

I know a Rifle-Spy that soloed the commander ... took him a while but was very funny to watch

He hit the Commander with one SH-Shot then synced out ... and it took him like 10 minutes or so

Sleezy Gonzales
02-02-05, 12:43
I have a droner and i do mc5.
It's not as easy as people make it seem. You die , and your drones too.
The trick is to drop the drone once it gets hit two times. Then stealth and retrieve.

If the gm's change the mc5 dungeon the next thing you will see is those teams of droners teaming up with the explosing drones.
If three drones use them, unstealth, launch explode them on the commander they can harvest a part in less than a minute.
Why must the monks complain about droners? Were they they only ones able to get them?

Original monk
02-02-05, 12:57
[edit]drones DO get hit in graves and chaos caves. They get hit very very often, just the dmg is low due to drone immunity to poison.
And in chaos caves drones are dead pretty quickly actually - for some reason chaos mobs are hitting them very hard and effectively.

So it is NOT true. Of course, you can lvl graves or chaos caves without getting hit by using aoe but its kinda different story - that's the point of aoe after all. Same in mc5. The only difference (supposedly) is that drones are ignored by guards which is indeed a bug and need fixing. But that's all basically.

euh no-one told that a drone wouldnt get hit in chaoscaves or graves, these caves where named to let people know that droners emself dont get hit in the graves for example ... yust as in mc5 .. and indeed in those caves no-one calls for exploits but in mc5 they do ... ffcourse, those caves arent the hardest cave in the game nor do they earn you millions in notime ...

i think some serieus testing is required on how drones behave in mc5, and if KK states officialy that it isnt an exploit then droners are the new mc5class by default yust cause they have it pisseasy in there ...

Riddle
02-02-05, 14:22
Is a droner by definition an exploit?

He can stand anywhere an avoid being hit whilst dealing damage the whole map over!!

Complain about MC5 you should complain about the whole drone thing! :D

Although i have levelled both my tradeskillerz by drone very quick too ;)

BradSTL
02-02-05, 21:14
... in the chaoscaves or in the graves they also dont get hit ... OK, now I know that you're talking through your hat.

Drones do too get hit in both of those places. Not as often a people do, they've got a smaller hit box and remarkably the game factors that in even for NPCs and mobs, but they do get hit. I've had drones knocked around quite a bit in both of those places.

It may seem to you that they don't get hit because, if you're using the right drone, the drone doesn't die. In the graves, they're doing some weird mixture of piercing and poison damage, I think; only the piercing damage has any effect on drones, and not a lot of that if you're using one of the heavy slow drones like the raygun drones or the missile drones, which also have more hit points than a player does. And in the chaos caves, they seem to be doing some combination of piercing and fire damage; I responded to that by taking in one of the new ion drones, which are fire resistant.

And I mentioned in the last flame thread on this subject that when the GMs were playing around, I've flown an ion drone verses MC5 guards, and they can't hit it more than about one shot out of 20. That rifle thing they use seems to be some kind of a raygun, and rayguns are dumb weapons to be shooting at drones with.

The reason the droners, even those of us who've never been in MC5, are being so defensive about this is not that we want to keep harvesting parts, but because you're attacking the very basis of the rigger profession: park your body some place safe and fly a small, hard to hit (but very low ammo, can't reload in flight) remote out to do your shooting for you.

I will say, though, that all of the "mission" caves, the ones where nothing respawns until everybody leaves, remove one of the biggest threats that droners face: random spawns on top of them. So in any of those caves or whatever, if the droner finds a spot where nothing's got line of sight to him, he's never going to have to worry unless somebody trains a mob to there or area effect weapons get sprayed around.

It used to be that after a few unsuccessful attempts to hit a drone, mobs would go looking for the droner; I used to run into this all the time in the Pepper Park sewers. It never worried me then, because I was always parked far enough away. Now, mobs direct 100% of their combat attention towards incoming fire, prioritized by who's doing the most damage, and ignore anything else. I like this change, because before it, hunting with drones in the wastelands was absolutely impossible. But in MC5, I can see why it would be a huge problem.

giga191
02-02-05, 22:07
I can't see why people say that mc5 is hard for a ppu and tank. There is no skill involved in terms of aiming for the tank or ppu. The ppu tosses a heal every now and then (lasts ages when they are crouched) and I think a shelter lasts 2 mins when standing (prolly doubled to 4 mins when ur crouched). "OMG only 1337 people do mc5"...

Original monk
02-02-05, 22:51
OK, now I know that you're talking through your hat.

youre not the first one that noticed but youre the first one to tell me yah :D

nah, check the other post i made about 2 hours later: "euh no-one told that a drone wouldnt get hit in chaoscaves or graves, these caves where named to let people know that droners EMSELF dont get hit in the graves for example ... yust as in mc5"

"they" refered to the droners, not there drones .. i tought it was obvious when ya read the sentence above the one you quoted here ... all about the droners emself ffcourse .. not there drones no .. i wouldnt have tought that i had to explain every small single detail ffcourse, so stop the skimming :)

Also dont start explaining me that it may seem that a drone doesnt get hit ... im stupid but not that stupid :/ , when the guards and the commander yust run circles and the droner yust shoots the commander then its not cause i think he (the drone) doesnt get hit lol, i dont call 1 hit every 5 minutes a hit you see .. if you say you tested hitting a drone with a raygun and it was hard ? then you mean the copbotplasmrifles in mc5 should be changed so they do real damage to drones ? would be cool yeah, end of droners in mc5 cause of to expensive for the droner ..

what i almost forgot, youre nice sentence :P "you're attacking the very basis of the rigger profession" hehe, i like droners alot and i never met an annoying droner ... except when im in mc5 and see a LEdroner walk in that starts harvesting that place with the ease that you kill a WB with ... not once, not twice ... every time you drop by there lol

its unbalanced, simple as that

giga, i dont tell anything about how hard it is ... i tell sumthing about how easy it is .. for droners :P ... mc5 isnt leet, its yust fun :)

i allready dont care anymore :) let em exploit mc5 with 100 drones for all i care ... then i yust buy my parts lol much cheaper, less timeconsuming anyway :)

and theres always another nice place to find and hang out in neocron :)

ciao, im tired

RogerRamjet
02-02-05, 22:59
I have no problem with droners in MC5 if they agree to take turns on runs, even though these guys are usually using whatever it is so the drines dont get hit.

Its only when you cant get enough damage on the commander it annoys me. If the droners decide not to let you have a chance that is, youre not getting any MC5 parts that day. All droners targeting the commander + a specialised stealthing looter, its ridiculous. You cant even mow em down coz theyre LE'd.

At that point you s/d the commander and all the guards if theyre going to be anti-social little sods.

giga191
03-02-05, 00:21
giga, i dont tell anything about how hard it is ... i tell sumthing about how easy it is .. for droners :P ... mc5 isnt leet, its yust fun :)

i allready dont care anymore :) let em exploit mc5 with 100 drones for all i care ... then i yust buy my parts lol much cheaper, less timeconsuming anyway :)

and theres always another nice place to find and hang out in neocron :)

ciao, im tired Well let me put it into math. On a scale of 1 to 10 of hardness, ppu and tank is 2 and droning is 1. You can say that being a droner is half as hard or you could say that it is 1 on the scale less hard. What I am saying is that they are both easy but if you compare ppu and tank to droning, droning seems twice as easy.

Jesterthegreat
03-02-05, 00:34
Whether or not the droner takes turns does not change the factthat this should be considered an exploit. simply put the drionermoves his drone into a safe spot (using these is an exploit...) and uses his ammo... drone has all agro and cant be hit, droner drops drone, stealths, gets drone, relogs, repeats.

El Jimben
15-02-05, 00:41
I'm in MC5 as we speak (2 ppu & 2 tanks) with 2 droner lamers. We've called for a GM and refused to leave until one comes coz they're being *asshats* for want of a better word.

Both pushing me in stealth while I'm trying to rezz.

Trading damage dealers (He should have switched it off but still).

Seemed like AoE fire was being blocked also

Jesterthegreat
15-02-05, 00:55
I'm in MC5 as we speak (2 ppu & 2 tanks) with 2 droner lamers. We've called for a GM and refused to leave until one comes coz they're being *asshats* for want of a better word.

Both pushing me in stealth while I'm trying to rezz.

Trading damage dealers (He should have switched it off but still).

what youtalking about ? kk stops all exploits and the LE completely excludes them from interfering in the other players game experiance!

its not possible to exploit droning, MC5 or the LE!

:rolleyes:

Kopaka
15-02-05, 01:08
Jimben, I got traded when casting a shelter, couldnt cast shelter, then they pushed me to the mobs.
they stand in front of our HC Tank, which makes him hit himself and die.
the drones were not getting shot, LE droner got the commander.
next time i see a LE droner in there, im staying AFK in the room when its clear, and wait for a GM.

oh and the droner threatened us u remember Jim, his friend is a GM :eek:
that supposed to scare us? seems like KK would have some corrupt GMs then.
next time im waiting for either Lupus, Carbonite or Wildfire, even if it takes all fucking night.

Xylaz
15-02-05, 01:12
Jimben, I got traded when casting a shelter, couldnt cast shelter, then they pushed me to the mobs.
they stand in front of our HC Tank, which makes him hit himself and die.
the drones were not getting shot, LE droner got the commander.
next time i see a LE droner in there, im staying AFK in the room when its clear, and wait for a GM.

oh and the droner threatened us u remember Jim, his friend is a GM :eek:
that supposed to scare us? seems like KK would have some corrupt GMs then.
next time im waiting for either Lupus, Carbonite or Wildfire, even if it takes all fucking night.

Cant stand a little frustration eh? Maybe those people have the reason to act like that? I think I'll make an LE droner myself - should be fun...

Kopaka
15-02-05, 01:17
wouldnt u be a little bit frustrated if some LE droner, not willing to share, is "stealing" ur mc5 parts, making u die by trading/pusing/standing in front of u so u shoot with male/moonstriker in ur own face so u die?

Jesterthegreat
15-02-05, 01:24
wouldnt u be a little bit frustrated if some LE droner, not willing to share, is "stealing" ur mc5 parts, making u die by trading/pusing/standing in front of u so u shoot with male/moonstriker in ur own face so u die?

of course not! thats what the LE is for! for pissing off other players when they have no way to retaliate

Xylaz
15-02-05, 01:27
of course not! thats what the LE is for! for pissing off other players when they have no way to retaliate

Yes, its exactly the same as killing tradeskillers and noobs who have no way to retaliate...

Jesterthegreat
15-02-05, 01:29
Yes, its exactly the same as killing tradeskillers and noobs who have no way to retaliate...

1. i dont kill either on purpose... maybe if i see someone huntin and pick em off at range... (cant see ranks)

2. they should be LE'd if they dont wish to participate in PvP

Ministry
15-02-05, 01:41
lol you guys complaining about being traded? not really exploit when you can turn it off and hey you guys have done it.

from those screenies cant really see them exploiting, if they are doing as you say hopefully a GM is there in invisible mode watching them exploit

Jesterthegreat
15-02-05, 01:47
lol you guys complaining about being traded? not really exploit when you can turn it off and hey you guys have done it.

from those screenies cant really see them exploiting, if they are doing as you say hopefully a GM is there in invisible mode watching them exploit

its hard to show a screenie of most exploits...

a drone in a safe spot? maybe its just betweenshots?

a a LE'd stealther pushing a rezzer? maybe hes just stading next to you?

an LE diving in front of AoE to kill the user? maybe its the tanks aim?

a LE'd rhino parked where you spawn upon leaving cycrow underground? maybehewas just driving past?

Ministry
15-02-05, 01:51
edited: sry was uncalled for really

-=Dredduk=-
15-02-05, 02:12
Heh i had the exact Same problem the other day with 2 droners.

They wouldnt leave mc5 so just camped it.

They wouldnt even take turns or anything then they thought they would show how leet they are by standing right in the middle of the hardest mob in the game and not get shot,

Screenshots >_<

imAchair
15-02-05, 02:16
yeah drones are mc5 is the biggest joke ever i mean there nto even high lvl droners they use low tls while getting loads of xp and getting the hardest parts in the game i mean come on seriously.

Jesterthegreat
15-02-05, 03:02
this is something that actually is against the rules (safespot) and yet half the community supports it sothey get cheap shit.

other things the community dont like that is allowed... suddenly everyones united for the good of the game... kk's a joke and the community is getting that way too. they only give a shitabout whats negative to them. if they can join the exploiting then they are all for it :mad:

eprodigy
15-02-05, 03:58
ive come to realize this is definetly an exploit, when I saw a 3/6 droner in there the other day soloing the commander ( obviously verrrrryyy slowly ). its not the droner hiding, but the drones in spots where they do not take one hit, they just sit there in there little spot and take a nap with the fire button pressed. its not tough.

i have a non le'd mid level droner who i took there real quick to see and trust me the drone takes NO hits in particular spots if you know them. i got killed but i can see this being 100000x worse with LE'd droners- a single droner could probably outdamage a tank let alone the 2-3 that are often there.

mc5 is not tough for a tank/ppu and they can hit them withotu getting hurt - but i have never seen a droner die in there unless there just plain dumb, whereas the best tank cant avoid taking damage.

Original monk
15-02-05, 10:50
by the time this is fixed its to late allready, MC5 is ruined allready by those dronerexploiters ...

this dronerexploit is going on for so long now, market is allready inflated with exploited mc5parts .. or with other words .. whats the fastest technique to suck all the fun out of a hilevelcave ?

PUT SOME EXPLOITING LE DRONERS IN IT !

and PLEASE dont come up with shit like:

-you dont want the poor noobs and newcommers to have mc5chips...
-> yes i want but not if it takes about 15 minutes to get a full chip witouth ever beeing hit (YES the drone AND the droner)

-youre a dronerhater you yust want droners removed...
-> droners are sweet, but not when there inside that 4x4 room exploiting the hell out of this game, having an LE'er annoying other players that do wonna hunt in there honestly

-this is my levelingspot why are you yelling at me ?
-> levelspot ? then why is it that you yust relog after that commander is dead, loot, and let the cave reset ? -> sounds like harvesting to me mate, and nope you dont have to prove youre leveling here by insisting on killing all the guards (thus blocking commanderspawn) while where trying to get some parts here ... thats an LEchar blocking spawn yes, yust to show he can be an asshat also ... ow how powerfull he must feel fucking up gameplay for other players, not for once but for hours (yes i did yell a GM a million times on help witouth any avail ... and why screenshot and report when its not even an official exploit ?)

-well tank+ppu also yust hide behind the corner shooting with aoe ...
-> but they have to be with 2 ATLEAST, a droner solo's that place (i dont call a droner and he's drone a team you see :/ ) :wtf: also when the tank makes 1 wrong move and catches aggro of 5 guards he's dead and can be rezzurected (atleast 30 seconds), a droners doesnt catch aggro .. never .. he's drone does but doesnt even gets hit ... or once every 20 minutes bleh ..

BAH

this dronerexploit is going on for soo long now :( dunno how many exploiters got stinking rich by it allready ... screwing up economy by soloing MC5

luckely for me there are other nice hilevelcontent caves like the tunnels, juggernauts and the cyclopses ... luckely you dont find droners in there blocking spawn, harvesting, harrasing ... 2 bad tough that these kind of hilevelcaves dont get you nice things like mc5parts tough

i said it before and i will say it again:

if this dirty dronerexploit happend 2 years ago when mc5 yust got in they would of shut down that cave with boxes infront of the door so no-one would get in until it was fixed, why KK didnt take action yet i dunno, but the droners yust keep happily exploiting that place laughing everyone in the face (when they have LE in) cause nothing is done about this kind of exploit yet ... a clear signal to em to keep exploiting ... well i call it exploiting but officialy according to the rules there aint doing anything wrong :rolleyes: ... yet ... cause they yust bend the rules with there dronerexploit and in the meanwhile they can only think about harvesting cash as fast as possible in there ...

also to all people on this forum defending droning in mc5 -> i bet when they would remove the parts that no droner ever would come in there ... its yust for the quick and easy (exploited) cash droners get in there, simple

SorkZmok
15-02-05, 11:36
if this dirty dronerexploit happend 2 years ago when mc5 yust got in they would of shut down that cave with boxes infront of the door so no-one would get in until it was fixed, why KK didnt take action yet i dunno, but the droners yust keep happily exploiting that place laughing everyone in the face (when they have LE in) cause nothing is done about this kind of exploit yet ... a clear signal to em to keep exploiting ... well i call it exploiting but officialy according to the rules there aint doing anything wrong :rolleyes: ... yet ... cause they yust bend the rules with there dronerexploit and in the meanwhile they can only think about harvesting cash as fast as possible in there ...
Yeah, this is ridiculous. The slightest chance to exploit MC5 and it got closed down and reworked. Yet now nothing is happening.
I`ve met droners who told me they already got hundreds of parts that way. o_O

Funny shit.

Kopaka
15-02-05, 13:01
normal rare parts are even more rare than mc5s...
shouldnt be possible.
remove LE automatically from lvl 30 and higher.

jini
16-02-05, 10:09
My friend your opinion is quite biased... here is why:

by the time this is fixed its to late allready, MC5 is ruined allready by those dronerexploiters ...

this dronerexploit is going on for so long now, market is allready inflated with exploited mc5parts .. or with other words .. whats the fastest technique to suck all the fun out of a hilevelcave ?

PUT SOME EXPLOITING LE DRONERS IN IT ! the FASTEST way by FAR is by using a ppu/tank team in there... they can get a part in aprox 2 mins time. None gets hit none hardly ever is rezzed... who floods the market again??

you dont want the poor noobs and newcommers to have mc5chips...
-> yes i want but not if it takes about 15 minutes to get a full chip witouth ever beeing hit (YES the drone AND the droner) 15 mins for a full chip??? how this is done???? please explain

-youre a dronerhater you yust want droners removed...
-> droners are sweet, but not when there inside that 4x4 room exploiting the hell out of this game, having an LE'er annoying other players that do wonna hunt in there honestly both droners AND ppu/tanks exploit certain aspects of mc5 AI. I can't comment if this is honest or unhonest..

Now there is an option for the poor spy, to get his mc5 chips without trading and you start your whine thread??? How do you know this was not intended to be like that? Have you ever thought that finding those "safespots" are really very hard and requires a lot of practicing? You want to tell me that this was happened by chance???
If kk decides to alter mobs AI just a tad to eliminate the tank exploit using the malediction, none will be ever able to get a single part from there without dieing, at least not in times less than 2 minutes per part.
Enjoy it as it lasts because i doubt it will be with us a lot more, but then this socalled exploit will follow another one maybe for another class.

Conduit
16-02-05, 10:30
Being able to hit things with no danger of being hit yourself because of a 'safe spot' is an exploit (see NCPD HQ in NC 1). What part about that don't you understand?
MC5 was made as a place where capped or near capped runners could go to hunt. Not for some exploiting 15 / 20 droner who just wants an easy, no-risk way of getting the most valuable chips in the game.

How do you know this was not intended to be like that? Have you ever thought that finding those "safe spots" are really very hard and requires a lot of practicing?

ROFL :lol:
Are you serious?

Bugs Gunny
16-02-05, 10:32
I can see where this is going.....

KK will adjust the mpa of mc5 so there's no drone safespots and they'll remove the walls for the ppus and tanks....

Nice going everybody :-)

Original monk
16-02-05, 10:34
never mind jini ... i aint going to mc5 anymore .. for what ? to get harrased by LE'ed droners exploiting that place ?? nothanx ...

cause the parts are worth it ??? nopez ... droners are trowing em to youre head on tradechannel ..

and really, i have to quote this cause COMMON :/

How do you know this was not intended to be like that? Have you ever thought that finding those "safespots" are really very hard and requires a lot of practicing? You want to tell me that this was happened by chance???

-> you telling me here that people that look really hard for exploitspots, where them and there drones dont get hit, should be rewarded ??? that it was even meant to be like this ??

mmmmoookay ... then mc5 clearly isnt a hilevelcave (ffcourse if 1 "particular" class can solo/harvest it ranging from tl 50 to tl 120 drones) and i suggest make mc5 chips available by an epic and bring sum new chip or item ingame thats also hilevel and worth alot but witouth droners flooding and soloing the place ... problem fixed

my whinings arent of any use anymore anyway ... told you everyone has mc5's by the dozens, buy a 24 crate of cron 55 beer and get 2 ds's and a sa for free ...

Robotnix
16-02-05, 13:51
Drones do blow up and there is a danger of getting killed in mc5 for droners, i dunno, by the way some people talk about this subject is that droners are 100 percent free of all danger, it's not true, i can speak as a droner who has done mc5. If you drop your drone and a guard see's you, more often or not i can kiss goodbye to my bottom. I have learned from expereince that you can't just run in and blast away. I don't understand what some people expect droners to do, i mean mc5 is there to be played.. why not play it?? It would not be practical to just stand in the middle of the room, or maybe we should punch the base commander to death just to make it a bit fairer :rolleyes:

If this is an exploit (which i can't see why it is) then KK will fix it. Btw i used to do mc5 with my apu and a ppu friend when the back room used to be there, and i found it just as easy to collect lots of parts then as i do now with my droner... so maybe if some people are worried about mc5 imps becoming to commen place then maybe they need to nag to KK to fix the map and not to the droners who are just trying to play the game.
Anyway i just felt i needed to get that off my chest, don't flame me, i love you all really :)
Peace

Original monk
16-02-05, 14:13
if youre talking to me i must say that some things are exagurated ffcourse, ffcourse a droner cant get a full chip in 12 minutes orso :)

but still i never seen any droner die in there ... ever .. if it happens to your droner then i guess ya gotta use youre stealth more often :)

thats what i see em do there all the time .. droning and as soon as there is danger of guards comming behind the wall (fe: other players catching aggro) then they stealth away ...

yes its as easy as with the backroom ... guess why they removed the backroom :)

Crest
16-02-05, 14:16
Cant push a droner.

With the low level drones (Like the raptor but low tl ones) you can shoot and move LE players :)

Was at Els one night messing with my le cahr, and another LE Dronner (Friend)..... I managed to move him from center of wall to where the mobs could hit him .... was funny ... but I think its a bug to be fixed....

Since these dronners are 'Exploiting', something needs to happen

jini
16-02-05, 15:05
Being able to hit things with no danger of being hit yourself because of a 'safe spot' is an exploit (see NCPD HQ in NC 1). What part about that don't you understand?
MC5 was made as a place where capped or near capped runners could go to hunt. Not for some exploiting 15 / 20 droner who just wants an easy, no-risk way of getting the most valuable chips in the game.

ROFL :lol:
Are you serious? If what you are saying is true, then by your definition, the tank/ppu is also an exploit. Who is here to say or claim that there exists a SINGLE tank in neocron, which can withstand getting hit by more than 1-2 of those guards? Then how do they do it? And because I see many that claim that there are exploiters of low level, this doesnt mean that an equally rank tank can't do the same right?

jini
16-02-05, 15:08
I can see where this is going.....

KK will adjust the mpa of mc5 so there's no drone safespots and they'll remove the walls for the ppus and tanks....

Nice going everybody :-)
Of course this is how its gonna happen, like it allways did in the past and allways in favour of those who used several different exploits "cough" glass "cough" safe room & barrel "cough"

aKe`cj
16-02-05, 15:26
If what you are saying is true, then by your definition, the tank/ppu is also an exploit. Who is here to say or claim that there exists a SINGLE tank in neocron, which can withstand getting hit by more than 1-2 of those guards?

If what I read here is true, there is no sense to what you write. His definition includes "getting hit" ..not being able to withstand damage. :rolleyes:
Whenever the AI that you are attacking is unable to target/reach you and you can go for a smoke, come back and are still alive...its safespotting. The rule is so clear I wonder how come that mods dont close down this silly discussion.

http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/schilder/bla.gif

Original monk
16-02-05, 15:28
jini, only class that solo's mc5 is droners ... cause of the dronerexploit ...

tanks need a ppu up there ass or they wont survive ... simple ... i do not believe that there is a tank in NC that can solo that place ... unless by another exploit i dont yet know about ...

a capped tank (let alone a lowerleveltank) that hits a guard in there will draw immense aggro ... and will die ... a tank always get hit in there, soon as the tank start firing and hits 1 guard ... a droner doesnt no ...

jini: or A) i dont understand what youre saying in post #74 wich is possible ffcourse ... altough i read it 8 times by now ...

or B) youre talking pure nonsense here ...

SorkZmok
16-02-05, 16:18
Now there is an option for the poor spy, to get his mc5 chips without trading and you start your whine thread??? How do you know this was not intended to be like that? Have you ever thought that finding those "safespots" are really very hard and requires a lot of practicing? You want to tell me that this was happened by chance???
If kk decides to alter mobs AI just a tad to eliminate the tank exploit using the malediction, none will be ever able to get a single part from there without dieing, at least not in times less than 2 minutes per part.
Enjoy it as it lasts because i doubt it will be with us a lot more, but then this socalled exploit will follow another one maybe for another class.You are talking out of your ass here.
Why are you defending that shit. Its exploiting. Simple as that. A tank and a PPU are 2, they need to be highlevel and they get hit and can die.

And i hardly doubt finding safespot (using those is classed as an exploit) should reward people. You`re stupid.

jini
16-02-05, 16:28
Ok theres no point in continuing this. We will see who is stupid here and who not

SorkZmok
16-02-05, 16:31
Ok theres no point in continuing this. We will see who is stupid here and who not
We already know.

/edit
Oh and when You say "We", You mean "I". Cause no one else is really with you here.

Jesterthegreat
17-02-05, 01:42
jini...

you know i wub you... but...

the difference is the guards aggro to the ppu and / or tank... they can move to hit them.

with droners they get the drone in a safespot and the drone takes all aggro.

this means there is 0% chance of the droner being shot, and due to the safe spot there is 0% chance of the drone being hit unless they miss the safespot (or en-route)

eprodigy
17-02-05, 02:03
yes anyone here defending droning is a droner/has a droner and wants easy parts, or isnt doing droning mc5 "properly" (ie exploiting!)

a tank shooting, even from behind a well catches there agro. a drone(not droner, drone) catches there agro but cannot be hit whatsoever from its spot. a tank will die in mc5. a drone/droner will not (unless your really lame).

actually i think the way to fix this pretty easily would be fix agro for droners. if they cannot hit the drone have them seek the body. right now they will agro onto the drone - and even if they stand right in front of your body they will not attack it.

jini
17-02-05, 06:39
We already know.

/edit
Oh and when You say "We", You mean "I". Cause no one else is really with you here. @Nidhogg: Ok Nid, this is getting really ofensive and personal and I am starting getting really annoyed here. Please take some kind of action, as I have seen this rude kiddo speak like that a couple of times. I don't allow from a 13yr old to speak like that...

@Jester: I agree with you there Jes, but if the tank/ppu or tank/apu team know what they do, they dont get hit, they dont die and they harvest parts faster than the droner. I would say that the real problem is peoples attitude. Some seems to think that they own the place, I have witnessed this kind of attitude my self numerous times in mc5 begining from nc1. There is a misconception about mc5 which I dont like at all. When a tank/ppu team enters the place everyone must kneel and leave, or die. This is not acceptable and I would really like to see more exploits there that also concerns the PE. Why does a PE never comes there? I want an exploit for PEs too. Infact I want ALL PAYING CUSTOMERS regardless of the class they make to be able to acquire mc5 parts. It was just yesterday when I witnessed a poor guy purchasing an mc5 part for a million, he was offered a second one but said he couldnt afford it. Large clans act as they own the place drawing even more force to their part, isolating more smaller clans or individuals.
If you ask me my wish would be for a large droner team ALL LE come flood that place cause it's not working right as it is now. Maybe the answer is a couple more mc5 rooms, so its not saturated like that, so the bottom line is, we all need new content

/EDIT: To catch all those that will start flaming, when I say exploit I mean game feature :D. Just think: there has to be a way for the bc to be able to be killed ok? Otherwise there would be no point doing mc5 runs...

eprodigy
17-02-05, 08:02
wait that post.. are you against or for this exploit hard to tell :S

anyway what you said is key, a high level, experianced tank and ppu that know what they're doing can run mc5 easily. a nib droner /40 can run it there first time through almost as fast.

Original monk
17-02-05, 10:11
@Nidhogg: Ok Nid, this is getting really ofensive and personal and I am starting getting really annoyed here. Please take some kind of action, as I have seen this rude kiddo speak like that a couple of times. I don't allow from a 13yr old to speak like that...

@Jester: I agree with you there Jes, but if the tank/ppu or tank/apu team know what they do, they dont get hit, they dont die and they harvest parts faster than the droner. I would say that the real problem is peoples attitude. Some seems to think that they own the place, I have witnessed this kind of attitude my self numerous times in mc5 begining from nc1. There is a misconception about mc5 which I dont like at all. When a tank/ppu team enters the place everyone must kneel and leave, or die. This is not acceptable and I would really like to see more exploits there that also concerns the PE. Why does a PE never comes there? I want an exploit for PEs too. Infact I want ALL PAYING CUSTOMERS regardless of the class they make to be able to acquire mc5 parts. It was just yesterday when I witnessed a poor guy purchasing an mc5 part for a million, he was offered a second one but said he couldnt afford it. Large clans act as they own the place drawing even more force to their part, isolating more smaller clans or individuals.
If you ask me my wish would be for a large droner team ALL LE come flood that place cause it's not working right as it is now. Maybe the answer is a couple more mc5 rooms, so its not saturated like that, so the bottom line is, we all need new content

/EDIT: To catch all those that will start flaming, when I say exploit I mean game feature :D. Just think: there has to be a way for the bc to be able to be killed ok? Otherwise there would be no point doing mc5 runs...

this is one of the weirder posts i read lately :)

jini, with all respect about the fact youre asking for a GM cause youre a bit sensitive for comments i cannot react on that, we all have our little things that annoy us you see.. but euh, asking for a PE exploit isnt really the right way to go i guess lol

we need less exploits not more ! lol

but i understand youre intention, and youre intention is good, you want every paying customer, every class, to have the same right on a piece of pie .. and i think the same, but indeed an easy exploit isnt the way to achieve this hé :)

btw the power of mc5 parts was that they where rare ... that was the appealing part of em and made em special and wanted ... now there yust part of a basic setup and everyone has em .. so i agree we need more "special" content like exclusive chips :)

(but not the one's that drop out of kamibots that are spawned at certain places (read NE of the map) where only a few certain clans seemed to get a hold of, like in NC1 ...)

a new levelingground would be nice yes, or rezzurect an old cave (like gayamine's or even MB sector/level 3 or sumthing like that) put some 127/127 mobs in em and give em sumthing nice they drop :)

Momo Katzius
17-02-05, 10:40
a new levelingground would be nice yes, or rezzurect an old cave (like gayamine's or even MB sector/level 3 or sumthing like that) put some 127/127 mobs in em and give em sumthing nice they drop :)
What they should drop?

- another weapon?
- another armor?
- perhaps an all artifact fishing pole?
- the belt of zergerus (?)
- a special furniture?

There are simply not enough different types of items. Okay..real big mobs will be avaiable in the near future (pheonix cpu)., but big mobs is not everything.

MkVenner
17-02-05, 10:51
gaia mines doesnt need resurrecting, i hunt there reguarly, good XP, STORM and Ethic chips sell well, and i hold onto renegade parts...you never know :p

jernau
17-02-05, 11:24
I've avoided this one for a while but it won't die so....

As some of you know I've been a droner on and off since B4 and have fought for them on here many times.

This IS an exploit by the definition KK have given in that the player is "safe" (argue all you want but they are not in anything like as much danger as that area is meant to put them in).

That said -
1) Maybe people wouldn't do this if KK designed some high level content that wasn't centred on PPUs.
2) Maybe people wouldn't do this if there was any high level PvE/PvM content for spies and PEs other than hacking belts and bots for tanks and monks.
3) Maybe people people wouldn't do this is if MC5 didn't have such a long history of exploits, wasn't so critical and wasn't such a shitty dungeon to start with.
4) The "safe" rule is not well worded IMO. I understand what they want to say with it but it doesn't serve that purpose well.

I'm not saying it wouldn't happen if things were different/better but let's be clear on this - KK made MC5 into what it is and it's ALWAYS been heavily exploited because of it's unique value and poor design. There is no point making this into a class or LE argument, the real problem has nothing to do with either and never has.

MkVenner
17-02-05, 11:27
the problem i keep thinking of, is if you make something thats challenging for a group without PPUs, thats combat, theres nothing to stop some one brining a PPU along...

jernau
17-02-05, 11:30
the problem i keep thinking of, is if you make something thats challenging for a group without PPUs, thats combat, theres nothing to stop some one brining a PPU along...
Very true.

This has been one of the games biggest problems for two years now and hasn't even been properly acknowledged by KK let alone resolved.

Original monk
17-02-05, 12:48
What they should drop?

- another weapon?
- another armor?
- perhaps an all artifact fishing pole?
- the belt of zergerus (?)
- a special furniture?

There are simply not enough different types of items. Okay..real big mobs will be avaiable in the near future (pheonix cpu)., but big mobs is not everything.

sumthing new ! cant be hard to make sumthing up right :)

if ya like i make 10 things up that will be usefull but there are lots of idea's left anyway: like hybridgear and PE-jetpacks for example ... implants cant be hard to make up, everyone love's implants :P any good stat implant, like an mc5 will do ... bones like the batqueenbone but then for other classes would do well also :)

special furniture: great idea, exclusive carpets, paintings, lamps, plants etc (like the cave-entrance and the things that hang in the store, really nice but i didnt foudn where i can buy em yet) ! even a fishingpole yes :) (altough we dont have fish ingame but im a carp/eel/sander/pikefisher irl so if it would be ingame i would like one for sure hehe)

also i have to completly agree with what jernau said ... there where tons of troubles with the design in the beginning ... mc5 has been changed/redesigned 10 times by now ... but i can understand its hard to make it exploitfree ... to feel how hard it is i should try making my own mc5 once with HL2-hammer :) see how it turns out hehe

also the fact that there is only 1 mc5 doesnt makes it any easier .. but if there where more it would be less exclusive ffcourse .. not that it mathers anymore now ...

MKvenner, gaya is nice, i was aiming at unused huntinggrounds, empty caves atm where they can trow some 127/127 mobs in :)

Momo Katzius
17-02-05, 13:17
sumthing new ! cant be hard to make sumthing up right :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, it's only KK. Really new gameplay stuff comes in intervalls of years. Of course nifty stats on a seldom item would help, but not for long. Items which influence PvP..erm bad idea :angel: :rolleyes:.

We have not much more, than PvE and PVP.

So there stays crafting: How about an advanced tradeskill glove.

Nidhogg
17-02-05, 13:18
This is just a case of "safespotting" and is therefore most certainly an exploit. If you can attack mobs without them being able to attack you back then you are exploiting, whether you're doing it directly or indirectly through a drone. Discussion of exploits is not allowed so I'm going to close this thread now.

N