PDA

View Full Version : [BRAINPORT] CM faction

NeoDriver
31-01-05, 18:02
NOTE: Mods please leave this here for a coupl of days so people can see it but after that feel free to move it to the brainport section

Ok i am CM but i am fed up of loosing SL protecting myself from and ally so.... here is my idea

CM stay Enemy to TG but... to all other factions we become something else. We do not loose SL for killing all other faction in anarchy zones or warzones only hunting zones. For one this would add more role play to the game as the City
Mercs are for hire. We go out and do other peoples dirty work for them. We kill anyone they want. For the approprate price. But we loose soullight for it. Let me ask you where is the Role Play in that? The city mercs are everyones friend but at the same time their enemy.

Mabey we become Other to them. Neutral but without the SL loss. Also Others would be able to kill CM without SL loss

Please rate/comment/add/but dont flame plz

ND

SiL ..:..'s addition
Or you could simply make it CM can pick 2 other faction they wish to be red
with, and runner from the faction you pick can kill you without SL loss n you can
kill them.

The runner can change the factions once every real time week.

SiL ..:..

sanityislost
31-01-05, 18:10
if this was to happen, everyone else should be able to kill you without SL loss
also....

with, and runner from the faction you pick can kill you without SL loss n you can
kill them.

NeoDriver
31-01-05, 18:14
kill them.

i like it i like it a lot

Jesterthegreat
31-01-05, 18:18
all PKers would join CM. no SL loss.

not only that but they would now have access to both cities.

in an RP sense... you are hired killers... why expect to be above the law?

sanityislost
31-01-05, 18:22
all PKers would join CM. no SL loss.

not only that but they would now have access to both cities.

in an RP sense... you are hired killers... why expect to be above the law?

Yep thats the main down side, trying to think up a way to iron that out...

Guess an easy way would be, if you pick a pro city faction the bots attack
and if you pick a Anti-city faction DoY guards attack (tho TG can stay red
and they wont attack)

Xylaz
31-01-05, 18:33
solution is very easy, though for some unknown reasons completely ignored by KK (probably difficult to implement). Make faction relations individual and dynamic, based on faction sympathy.
When u start the game, you are non important person with low, but not negative sympathies, according to your actions sympathies will change and so the faction relations towards you. All factions should have their guards in certain areas/zone and the guard would be actually guarding thier own people against others who have negative sympathy towards them.

though sympathy hit gained in self-defence would need to be sorted first. And this could be a difficult task.

Dribble Joy
31-01-05, 18:36
solution is very easy, though for some unknown reasons completely ignored by KK (probably difficult to implement). Make faction relations individual and dynamic, based on faction sympathy.
When u start the game, you are non important person with low, but not negative sympathies, according to your actions sympathies will change and so the faction relations towards you. All factions should have their guards in certain areas/zone and the guard would be actually guarding thier own people against others who have negative sympathy towards them.

though sympathy hit gained in self-defence would need to be sorted first. And this could be a difficult task.
STAY OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!

Curse you.

ASnyway, yes, all the gankers would mass in CM.

Bugs Gunny
01-02-05, 12:01
Yes, they need to fix CM.

They can't do anything and end up being enemies to all now, and they take the SL hit. I hardly ever see positive mercs anymore, most have yellow or red sl.

Hoernerice
01-02-05, 12:25
to answer the question we have to look bag in the times off nc1.
we was friend to everyone. just tg and bd was red to us. but all came mb and pk. rl all. so u had to kill "friends". u sl went down much faster then now.
now we neutral to all. we loose sl yes, but not as much as before. we have it easier to defend, can get hire by everyone of course we have no friends wich we shouldnt atack. when we get to much enemys, all pks will get cm. is was so with tg, bd. and i hope it will never happen with cm.

Dribble Joy
01-02-05, 12:31
Part of the problem is the lack of clan wars, another part of the problem is that people don't keep the fight (both sides) to just the clans that were actually involved, something that really annoys me.

Hoernerice
01-02-05, 12:36
dj.... when u was lasttime ingame? when u was last time... forget it..... that part have nothing to do with the topic. the topic is sl from cms and that we neutral to the most (what i still find the best for us cm) i can remeber that in nc1 all wanted to be more neutral to cna hired more vs other factions..... now all want to get enemys of course their sl? i say NO. the way it is now its the best way for us cm.

berty
01-02-05, 15:09
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=120631&page=1&pp=15

I stand by my original ideas, and by improving the SL system and clan wars these could work.

and I agree with DJ the Clan agressions undermine any Faction be it CM, DOY or NC.

Dribble Joy
01-02-05, 18:37
Arg, this is rediculous.
I don't know why you lot take what I say so seriously, and why you think it's directly aimed at any particular clan leadership members.
Oh and I have been online, and last night was on the recieving end of a CS attack on MB that was apparently in response to a CM raid on DoY after an OP fight.

I don't know who did what, I don't care.
It just bugs me when people won't let me be critical of anyone, everyone allways assumes they are the good guys and are allways in the right.

I won't share my feelings on CM here, I have a very large brainport idea in writing atm that will leave it quite clear where I stand.

Hoernerice
01-02-05, 18:49
let the f6 as it is..... most ppl so or so not intrest what stnad in that useless tool.

Spermy
01-02-05, 19:10
let the f6 as it is..... most ppl so or so not intrest what stnad in that useless tool.

Erm... F6 is precisely whats wrong with the mercs right now IMO.

Hoernerice
01-02-05, 19:17
verändert

Xer
01-02-05, 19:20
I think it's as clear as a misplaced model sat on your head that something needs to be done, and theres a lot of good ideas on what to do too!
It may be difficult to implement some of the ideas such as changing faction status and such, but when you think about it, you can see how KK got to this point, CM are mercs obviously.. (in the name :P ) and mercs rarely have friends, other than each other.. which is accurate to a point, but like berty said, they got half way and fell in a ditch or something, they just dont work as it is. Theres plenty of bitching about SL as ever and thats the problem clearly, but how can you change how SL affects one faction and not the other? Thats the hard point, if you consider SL to be the problem.

Edit:
An idea that just came to mind to add to the discussion, maybe a persons sympathy with factions reflects how that individual (or even that clan) is seen by the other factions.
For example, if you kill a few CM, your sympathy goes down of course, maybe even your clan sympathy comes down too, and much like SL changes colour and penalties, so does your faction ( the one above your head ). Grah, trying to explain it well, but it's hard :( If you have 0+ sympathy, your status with that faction is green, like good SL, if your sympathy is say, between 0 and -20 then that faction is yellow, like low SL but not too low, and between -21 and -100 that faction is red, like red SL of course. Maybe the lower your sympathy, the less of a SL hit you get? or maybe yellow and red sympathies give no hit at all? again, similar to SL.. just an idea.

Hoernerice
01-02-05, 19:23
think what could help is the sit as it was and as it is now.

past:
ca: friends
DRE: friends
NEXT: friends
TT: friends
Bio: friends
PP: friends
TS: neutral
BD: enemy
CS: neutral
FA: neutral
TG: enemy

now:
all neutral just tg as enemy..... so where is the negative effect vs cm? help me to understand what u problem is with that?

Spermy
01-02-05, 19:24
neutral or friends atacked us before new f6. and they will atack us in future. as i think back to the day, at sl come into game, we cm was the loosers of this system. and nothing will change it. when u make it dynamic and guards shoot on bad guys when - frac symp cm loose again. we have to kill ppl with + cm sometimes....
f6 was the worst thing they could put in game. and how it is now is better for us cm then before. before we ahd to hunt "friends" and loose sl like u kill "firends" now all neutral. we loose less sl like before, and the number of pks didnt rise, also not the factions wich makeing trouble in mb have change.
i say as the f6 for cm is at mom, is it the best how it could be with the running sl system. only change wich could come is that we have more enemys, wich bring us pks in faction, or we get friends what bring us a bigger sl loose.
and i know how it was as cm with f6 and without. and i also know all tricks wich the pks use to bring our sl down. in nc1 they made chars on a friendly faction, to bring our sl down and came then to kill us......

I didn't understand a word of that, sorry pal, can you rephrase it, or break it into paragraphs? I think I get the gist, but I am still of the persuasion that making them neutral doesn't solve the SL issues.

Hoernerice
01-02-05, 19:27
forget that post and tell me what the problem is with our f6? i dont see one but there must be one wich i cant see.

Spermy
01-02-05, 19:29
forget that post and tell me what the problem is with our f6? i dont see one but there must be one wich i cant see.

Problem is it's holding you back. SL loss for doing your job. there should be some kind of mission terminal allowing you to select one faction to be your "target", that way, you can take out contracts on people and not suffer SL loss for it, but still not go on a mad rampage just because you can.

Hoernerice
01-02-05, 19:32
ok but why is the mom sit then bad for us? i thought we talk about the situation at mom vs. the situation in nc1. and in this meaning our mom situation is much better for our sl then the old..... that what i wanted to say before too o.o

Spermy
01-02-05, 19:45
ok but why is the mom sit then bad for us? i thought we talk about the situation at mom vs. the situation in nc1. and in this meaning our mom situation is much better for our sl then the old..... that what i wanted to say before too o.o

I suppose the fact that we don't communicate very well didn't help matters, :lol: but essentially I think Mercs need an SL system all of thier own, or something equivalent.

Hoernerice
01-02-05, 19:46
ok.... when its a matter of the sl system, i think there is something at work....