PDA

View Full Version : CLICK2PAY - WARNING Used account sales

zii
31-01-05, 16:01
/Nid's edit - please see this post (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1752551#post1752551).

Dear all,

I am sorry to bring more new about the agreement between Neocron and Click2Pay, but you should all be aware of this afore your start buying any Neocron accounts.

Last year I sold one of my accounts on Ebay. The seller paid promptly and I considered the deal done.

Today he sent me an Email saying that he had tried to reactivate the account but Click2Pay had refused to do so as he did not own it.

I phoned Click2Pay and asked to transfer the account from my name into the owners name, but they informed me that a new agreement had come into force that prevents Neocron accounts being transferred from one user to another. They said that this was an agreement with the Neocron company and not a policy they had created.

Of course, in this case KK just lost a valid subscriber, because they can't play the game with an account they bought on Ebay last year.

No offence, but did the Sales Team dream this idea up while they were snorting coke? ^^

Frankly, I am a little embarrised because I sold them the account under the impression that I was selling them a working product. (No puns intended).

Bugs Gunny
31-01-05, 16:15
KK doesn't cease to amaze me :-)

So, besides the "let's prevent our under 18 population from playing the game by making C2P the only alternative".
They now have this "Oh, we realy realy want those couple of 50 euros from new games sold, and lose the dozens of ebay bought paying customers, right at the moment when the competition is going open beta."

I'm sory guys, but C2P and some new people in the management there are going to kill the game.
I love neocron, i realy do, but some of you should realy try to look at this from an outside perspective, and then try to stop yourself from laughing at the situation.

EDIT: Come to think of it..... If this is their new policy, they'll NEVER implement paybycash, as that would let people pay for accounts they bought on ebay.

Weazle
31-01-05, 16:23
That's utter bullshit what C2P have said. This is the proper way to transfer an account to someone else:

- Cancel the appropriate account, you'll be left with some play time left.
- Wait till the end of the play time remaining is used up (this may take a few months depending on when the account was cancelled and the time purchased)
- Log onto the account you've just purchased/taken/given through the NC2 Launcher
- Click "Re-activate" on the left menu, you will now go through the process of registering the account with a different or same C2P account.

That's it and its fairly easy, just no-one bothers to explain it clearly to everyone.

MkVenner
31-01-05, 16:23
you do realise thise game had an 18 certificate? dunno about NC2 tho...

or it might have been a 15....

zii
31-01-05, 16:29
That's utter bullshit what C2P have said. This is the proper way to transfer an account to someone else:

- Wait till the end of the play time remaining is used up (this may take a few months depending on when the account was cancelled and the time purchased)
- Log onto the account you've just purchased/taken/given through the NC2 Launcher
- Click "Re-activate" on the left menu, you will now go through the process of registering the account with a different or same C2P account.

That's it and its fairly easy, just no-one bothers to explain it clearly to everyone.

If this is the case then good however, the Click2Pay call centre said that account details could not be transferred to someone else.

Does your example circumvent the resonse from Click2Pay? If so, then Click2Pay should be informing their clients that this is the correct method.

Original monk
31-01-05, 16:38
you do realise thise game had an 18 certificate? dunno about NC2 tho....
last time i made a comment on that lotsa people got really pissed ... so this time i aint telling again that i would love it that it was a +18 game so no kids would play it ... (but yeah i know, some kids can act mature and some mature people can act like kids...)

[ edited ]

if i could yust contact the guys mama so i can tell here her boy gets a dirty mind by playing neocron then she could block here CC and indirectly the little nibs game :P

31-01-05, 16:40
i wrote a pm to carnage some times ago

its not possible to change the owner of an ACTIVE account.

but if the acc was canceled they should do it.

otherwise, PM carnage or write him a mail

Bugs Gunny
31-01-05, 16:41
How's that on topic?

This has nothing to do with mc5, it has to do with not being allowed to transfer accounts to other people.
Probably to generate the revenue for new gameclients.

Revslad
31-01-05, 16:43
you do realise thise game had an 18 certificate? dunno about NC2 tho...

or it might have been a 15....

it was 11+ in the uk on the box..

well. well...well.. it doesnt actually suprise me, that this has happend..

kk go back to worldpay and pay by cash, your choices in companys is getting worse :rolleyes:

zii
31-01-05, 16:43
i wrote a pm to carnage some times ago

its not possible to change the owner of an ACTIVE account.

but if the acc was canceled they should do it.

otherwise, PM carnage or write him a mail

this is disturbing as my currnetly active NC account is paid using C2P. Does this mean that I have to cancel my Neocron account so that the other person to whom I sold my spare NC account to can reactivate?

This is somewhat unclear.

Original monk
31-01-05, 16:48
this is disturbing as my currnetly active NC account is paid using C2P. Does this mean that I have to cancel my Neocron account so that the other person to whom I sold my spare NC account to can reactivate?

This is somewhat unclear.

think this is a not so common situation indeed .. with all the daamn payingservices, dm/mail helpdesk or accountinfo :)

account@neocron.com

wait up with serieus actions like canceling ffcourse :P i think it takes longer to reactivate then to cancel hehe :) (altough in my case the activation with C2P went amazingly fluent i must say)

going OT from 18+ to mc5 ! onoz i been caught ! (kben al terug ontopic winnoc :) )

Genty
31-01-05, 16:58
So, besides the "let's prevent our under 18 population from playing the game by making C2P the only alternative".

There is a legal notice when signing up to the account that the acocunt owner must be over 18...whats wrong with them enforcing that?

Bugs Gunny
31-01-05, 17:03
Let them do a sweep of people that play neocron. I'm sure you'll see 20% of the acccounts closed then.

And they should. I mean, what decency is there left in the world when we let our minors "sex" corpses ????

Genty
31-01-05, 17:27
Let them do a sweep of people that play neocron. I'm sure you'll see 20% of the acccounts closed then.

Ahh, but your not listening, the game is not limited to over 18's, it is limited to whatever the age the country you live in sets. The accounts on the other hand are limited to over 18's.

When I was under 18 playing this game it was actually my mum who "owned" the account thus making it legal for me to play as the rating was 11+ (NC1 in UK)

Morganth
31-01-05, 17:48

Problem is, at the moment, Click2Pay close your account and remove the subscription (and the ability to reactivate it) if you enter the wrong password, or if the window closes on its own. So if either happen, whoever had the account before you has to reactivate it, therefore screwing people over who buy accounts.

zii perhaps you should get it reactivated in your name, then cancel again and charge whoever bought the account? I am sure if they are going through the trouble of contacting you then they will happily pay for their account back again.

Weazle
31-01-05, 19:40
If this is the case then good however, the Click2Pay call centre said that account details could not be transferred to someone else.

Does your example circumvent the resonse from Click2Pay? If so, then Click2Pay should be informing their clients that this is the correct method.

That's how I did it 2 weeks ago. ;)

Bugs Gunny
01-02-05, 11:41
Disregeard my previous jumping to conclusions.

My friend tried it last night and he was able to transfer the canceled (expired) account to his name.

Nidhogg
01-02-05, 12:16
First of all while we don't prohibit sales of accounts on EBay we don't advise that you buy one because you have no idea what you're buying (it could be a banned account for example and there's no way that it's going to get unbanned regardless of who owns it.)

Yes it's possible to transfer ownership of accounts but not while the account is active. The same holds true if you wish to change from C2P to PBC, you have to cancel the account with C2P and wait for it to expire (i.e. the three months expire or whatever payment period you opted for). Only then can you resubscribe to PBC.

N