PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever suggested....

superfresh
31-01-05, 08:20
...player defined faction alliances.

The politics of NC would be very cool if players, say, elected a faction leader who had a clan-admin-like ability to establish faction alliances, neutrality, and enemies.

NEXT getting ganked by CA? Fine. Let NEXT declare war on CA. CM getting along with TG? Let them make an alliance. One faction suspicious of an ally? Let them make them neutral if they want..

Genty
31-01-05, 10:39
Yeah, to some extent it has been suggested before. Although the idea shows promise I think to let loose all options to players is dangourous, I would be happy if set enemies were perminent and the neutrals could be moved to enemy or allie and the allie could be moved to neutral. Total freedom is one step too far.

Xer
31-01-05, 11:43
Hmm, it sounds good, it would certainly help with problems like everyone giving CM soullight hits, with no real allies.. they're a fighting faction with a bloody military base with rockets and stuff!! but they only really fight TG.. wheres the sense in that? even the peaceful city clans have more people to fight.
One problem with this could be simply the fact that there are multiple clans in a faction, and very rarely can two clans agree on anything the same, it just does'nt work. Another thing, faction leader with admin-like abilities instantly causes corruption and miss use..
I think the solution for inter-clan fighting atleast would be the old 'war' option.. if both clans declare war on each other, in agreement to fight, then they shouldn't loose SL with each other regardless of faction. It's on a smaller scale than what you suggest, but it works.. both have to agree, and there could be a failsafe like a warning, similar to when your op is hacked, a message like "Warning : *Clan* has declared war on your clan, do you with to enter an agreement fight?" and " Warning : *Clan* has called the war off, ceasefire will commence in 5 minutes" or somesuch..
Dunno if this has been said before o_o but i think it sounds good atleast.

SorkZmok
31-01-05, 12:42
Would need lots of work and tweaking as there is always the chance for some assholes making a big clan, influencing things the way they want.

But i like the idea. It should be possible to change allies in some extent, as well as kick certain players out of their factions, things like that.

Dribble Joy
31-01-05, 14:31
Oft sugested, fucking impossible to effectively implement. At least not without it going horribly wrong.

Main problem being is that we have 4 servers, with one server a player led storyline is quite possible (though incredibly hard to regulate), but with more than one how do you decide which one to follow?

As said, getting a form of balance with the super clans that we have now, would be very hard.

Spermy
31-01-05, 15:22
All you'd need is one dickhead in charge to mess with the alliance tabs and it's fooked. And at the mo - I've seen many an idiot in charge of the various factions...

If there was some kind of control on it from an outside adjudicator, say a GM, then Yeah, I think this idea could work very well. But yeah, It would need someone from KK to hold the reins a little so that the game doesn't lose the foundations that they gave it, if you get my meaning.

Kierz
31-01-05, 15:32
If they made the faction representatives mean anything then the idiots wouldn't be made faction rep's, you should be allowed to declare war on neutrals, and maybe allow a neutrallity between enemies.

But there shouldn't be any SL loss from killing neutrals, otherwise where's the difference between allied and neutral? (if you had 80+SL before killing either you wouldn't care about it being -8 or -2 SL - or whatever the difference is).