PDA

View Full Version : Log On Problems?

Zheo
28-01-05, 22:27
Hey folks wondering if you could tell me if im being screwed over by nc log or everyones getting it.

For about three days now, i have to relog around 7 times, because every time I log in i have one of the problems below;

1) No Soullight, money, invent.
2) No Soullight, money, invent, quickbelt.
3) Invent, is messed up and proper items arent in there, running speed changes from time to time.
4) No Soullight, money, invent, quickbelt, stats are at 0.
5) No Soullight, money, invent, quickbelt, stats are at 0, stuck in sync.
6) Stuck in sync.
7) No Implants, money soullight, invent, quickbelt.

It's very frustrating I cant do anything some times, weapons and armour are un-useable.

So is it just me or does everyone have these problems?

Nikabolokov
29-01-05, 00:12
Had all these in recent weeks, tho, it normally happens when I have changed characters rather than relogging onto last used char.

The ' only half your gogu is there' bug is really scary :)

Jesterthegreat
29-01-05, 00:53
barely ever fatal ingame.

however...

at least everyother time i log in i get one of the above bugs. (and the no use key one... you didnt mention that)

LOST
29-01-05, 01:05
been getting the stuck in sync 50/80 bug a bit recently...

even had a no inv once...had a bp in my inv with a code label that seemed like an address O_o
2 or 3 relogs always solves the problem.

Seven
29-01-05, 02:00
Hey folks wondering if you could tell me if im being screwed over by nc log or everyones getting it.

For about three days now, i have to relog around 7 times, because every time I log in i have one of the problems below;

3) Invent, is messed up and proper items arent in there, running speed changes from time to time.
6) Stuck in sync.

It's very frustrating I cant do anything some times, weapons and armour are un-useable.

You too eh?
Yes, it's very annoying and I can add the (right click bug, spacebar in my case) where you can't open or "use" anything.

Zheo
29-01-05, 15:40
You too eh?
Yes, it's very annoying and I can add the (right click bug, spacebar in my case) where you can't open or "use" anything.

Oh yeah add that to the list i get that alot seems to be logging on ok now...
fingers crossed!!

Selendor
29-01-05, 16:35
Yes I have been getting this loads in the last 2 weeks, too. This is a new problem, someone needs to look at it urgently.

Spermy
29-01-05, 16:44
Flaky data transfer from servers or wherever our char data is stored. - pain in the arse. ESPECIALLY seeing as they aren't ever pushing 50% capacity. =/

-=Dredduk=-
29-01-05, 17:21

6) Stuck in sync.

Ive had the exact same... ive died countless times because of it...

Yesterday i lost my PA because i was in sync so i logged out logged back in but couldnt even change to stealth(next thing i know theres a holy lightning going down on my ass and im dead)

mishkin
29-01-05, 18:15
Same here, getting these bugs more often recently... Today I had an "enhanced enhanced enhanced enhanced enhanced enhanced enhanced enhanced sharpened enhanced enhanced enhanced enhanced enhanced enlarged enhanced enhanced enhanced enhanced ultimated enhanced enhanced enhanced..." damageboost in my gogo... it only had 5 slots, but the name spanned the whole screen... and then I got a fatal :D

Anyway... yes, more sync-bugs recently :wtf:

Vanten
29-01-05, 18:37
the right-click bug seams to be back aswell, happens in like every 10th login. I rarely crash, but have to login atleast 2-3 times before all is fixed. And like 10% of sync each zoning.

Seven
29-01-05, 19:23
Good thing they removed backpacks or the database would really be screwing up! :lol: *sigh* :rolleyes:

Xer
01-02-05, 12:32
3 accounts i use have this problem, some characters more than others it seems, and this bug NEEDS to be fixed, it's actually preventing gameplay. Things on peoples heads are a bitch, true, but put PA on or whatever and you should still work as normal, that needs to be fixed too, but this is more urgent i feel.
You're fighting on one character say, and switch to another, one that is'nt in such a good position to log in.. hidden behind a tree perhaps? :lol: When you log in with these bugs your character appears of course.. but with no inv/money/quickbelt you're useless. You then hit escape / alt + F4 and such while you're just stood there waiting to get shot.. again and again you might try, each time risking your neck for something so simple it could put you off playing.
Pull your act together KK, you can barely play this game anymore !

tiikeri
01-02-05, 12:39
Pull your act together KK, you can barely play this game anymore !

Exactly..

I've been having these bugs for quite a long time..
I'm getting really pissed off due to the fact that it's very rare that i can synch correctly to the game when logging in.

Perhaps that's one of the reasons why i find myself logging in WoW EUFB more often than to NC..

Xer
01-02-05, 13:29
Hehe, yeah, other games look even better when you're having problems with NC.
I understand it takes time to fix these things, and that patches are there regularly (well, i say they're regular, they come and go i guess) to apply these to everyone, but they definately need to get their priorities sorted.
Releasing pics of buggys and new artwork, when i'm stuck here, struggling with logging in and getting 100% of my character (which i pay good money to expect to be able to do, you dont see "you can log in!" as a feature on a game, it's expected) and when i finally do get in, he's got a grim chaser on his head! or an apu!!! do you know how hard it is trying to use a tank in 3rd person when you're looking past the crotch of a grim chaser?!? quite distracting! :lol:

Seven
01-02-05, 16:10
you dont see "you can log in!" as a feature on a game

OMG, that's classic! :lol:

Selendor
01-02-05, 17:30
This is getting absurd, so many times I'm failing to log in properly. I'm really angry because not only is the game standing still and having nothing new added to it, its actually getting worse because of the underlying design and instabilities. So we have data corruption that KK don't want to fix, flaky logon servers, forum posting corruption, all things that weren't there on launch day.

:mad:

Nidhogg
01-02-05, 17:56
This one is also on my discussion list for this evening.

N

Seven
01-02-05, 23:21
This one is also on my discussion list for this evening.

N

I'm starting to see some light at the end of this tunnel.

Could 2005 be Neocrons best year? :D

Retro V
01-02-05, 23:40
logged in once without imps/quickbelt but this instead :

needless to say it wasnt there after relog :(

Nidhogg
03-02-05, 00:55
Server maintenance hasn't been performed since before Xmas which has lead to a gradual decline in the efficiency of some routines. We will return to regular scheduled maintainance (probably starting tomorrow) which we expect to help with this issue.

N

Seven
03-02-05, 04:28
Server maintenance hasn't been performed since before Xmas which has lead to a gradual decline in the efficiency of some routines. We will return to regular scheduled maintainance (probably starting tomorrow) which we expect to help with this issue.

N
If server maintenance hasn't been getting done, how about backups?
Please tell me they at least have a few good (working) backups.

AlphaGremlin
03-02-05, 10:08
Good for you guys! At least you can even communicate with the login server. Best I can do is maybe login every 20 or so attempts!
AlphaGremlin

Nidhogg
03-02-05, 11:04
Backups are performed automatically. I'm referring to targeted, application-specific maintenance, rather than general system-level tasks such as backing up.

N

Zheo
03-02-05, 11:33

N

Thanks Nidhogg, I still play even with the problems, I was about to re-install NC but after reading this i'll leave it off till after the next patch, see if things pick up.

Any idea when that'll be anyone?