THE_TICK!!!!
28-01-05, 09:14
you've been busy

Bugs Gunny
28-01-05, 10:31
It's close, but it has some flaws.

Dribble Joy
28-01-05, 15:15
I have no idea about the psi bit. But for resist stuff try this.

Tostino
28-01-05, 18:08
It isn't.
What's wrong with it?

@DJ Some people like the high resist low % on spells setups. But personaly I like to cap my spells.

SorkZmok
28-01-05, 18:10
What's wrong with it?

@DJ Some people like the high resist low % on spells setups. But personaly I like to cap my spells.
Nothing.
Sigma is just trying to being important again. Just ignore him, he never posts useful comments.

extract
28-01-05, 22:36
-----------Intelligence-----------

Skill: PSI Use = 234 (well mine is 231 atm) cba for that last 3 int lvls

-----------Strength-----------

Skill: Transport = 27 +0
Skill: Resist Force = 60 +0

-----------Constitution-----------

Skill: Athletics = 26 +6
Skill: Body Health = 91 +41
Skill: Endurance = 5 +5
Skill: Resist Fire = 0 +0
Skill: Resist Energy = 0 +0
Skill: Resist X-Ray = 94 +38
Skill: Resist Poison = 114 +40

-----------Dexterity-----------

Skill: Agility = 114 +12

-----------PSI-----------

Skill: Passive PSI Use = 180 +51
Skill: Agressive PSI Use = 0 -50
Skill: Mental Steadiness = 85 +10
Skill: PSI Power = 106 +20
Skill: Resist PSI = 0 +0

DS/Psicore/Def Proc 2 & 3/gaya glove/FH1/reflex 1/smart eye 1
Holy spirit helmet/pants/boots
PPU PA 3
Heavy Fire belt

Haz 3/Melee 3/Spy 3

all resists are over 92%(with sd) cept poison which is at 70ish

this setup works really well for me, capped psi pool with gaya glove, kinda low HP(330 fully buffed), but if u aint a nib its good enuf, and NO weapon in the game bears a threat, not melee, not dev, nothing........

but setups mean fuckall afterall if you dont know how to play

onero S
29-01-05, 23:22
hmm, interesting setup, I might try for a 24 less poison (still giving you 90) and puting that into athletics. This way in an op war you can hope to keep up with your apu.

btw, what % dmg do you get on your shelter, I would tweek the ppw lower if you don't cap so you go for full cap, other than that nice setup.

Sigma
30-01-05, 04:44
Nothing.
Sigma is just trying to being important again. Just ignore him, he never posts useful comments.

I love it, when people get so pissed off at me that they have to comment stuff which has nothing to do with them.

I must've really gotten under your skin.

:)

Edit:

What's wrong with it?[...]

Well, 1st of all, you could lose MC for more FOR.
2nd, You should change around you CON-Setup, less Health, more Resists.
3rd, I'd lose the Vehicle Use and go all AGL.
4th, You should put just enough points into IMP to poke 115 with glove, buff and drug, or just buff and glove, if you dislike drugs.
5th, because you're using PA, I'd drop the Dev. PSI 2 for a Moveon, then implant an AntiGamma-Foot and a Filterheart 2, gives a nice amount of CON-Points to put in other things and your spells will still be just as good.
6th, And I'd change the MC-Eye with a Smart-Cybereye 1.

That's about all I can come up with atm.

Transformer
30-01-05, 04:56
good way to get owned by 1 apu tbh. anti-buff plus HL and if you arn't full/overcapping energy then you screwed tbh.

Tostino
30-01-05, 06:03
I love it, when people get so pissed off at me that they have to comment stuff which has nothing to do with them.

I must've really gotten under your skin.

:)

Edit:

Well, 1st of all, you could lose MC for more FOR.
4th, You should put just enough points into IMP to poke 115 with glove, buff and drug, or just buff and glove, if you dislike drugs.
5th, because you're using PA, I'd drop the Dev. PSI 2 for a Moveon, then implant an AntiGamma-Foot and a Filterheart 2, gives a nice amount of CON-Points to put in other things and your spells will still be just as good.

Yeah I already got rid of all the MC a few months ago but dident feel like updating my setup. And I like being able to use a hovertech because alot of GRs are closed and I dont feel like walking.

extract
30-01-05, 06:24
hmm, interesting setup, I might try for a 24 less poison (still giving you 90) and puting that into athletics. This way in an op war you can hope to keep up with your apu.

actually, having only 26 athletics doesnt really keep me that slow, with melee 3 and spy 3, i get quite a boost, and I dont really find that I have a hard time keeping up with people that I ppu for, in fact I kinda prefer that i do run a bit slower than the people I ppu for, for some reason I dont miscast when im running as much since i lowered my athletics....

as far as the shelter, atm i got a nice 5 slotter, with 120 dmg and freq, i just recently lommed to more ppw from ppu....i actually havent checked the dmg on my shelter, i just assumed it was capped.....Ill have to check on that, I know before when i was around 186 ppu and less ppw, it was definitely capped.....

El Jimben
30-01-05, 15:29

Correct me if I'm wrong but: monk has 45 con (48 with moveon), loses 5 from FH2 (which has 45 con req) so doesn't stay in?

Tostino
30-01-05, 17:04
Correct me if I'm wrong but: monk has 45 con (48 with moveon), loses 5 from FH2 (which has 45 con req) so doesn't stay in?
FH2 req is 43 con.

sultana
31-01-05, 13:18
That's personal preference

I spec to drive a reveler with a vehicle eye in, doesn't seem to slow me down that much. And it is helpful to be able to drive a reveler around.

Psi 2 for moveon means you lose a heap mana, which in my mind, the resists don't make up for. PPU's tend to have good enough resists as it is.

He does have a spy buff on, I recognise it, cause that was my old INT setup when I poked 115 with drug/buff/glove.

On your setup you have alot less ppu and still cap your spells, to me, on most of my spells, all I need to cap is frequency. On some its nice to get a high damage, so you can move more while casting but, with capped frequency you'll have pretty high damage on it already.

Sigma
31-01-05, 13:23
[...]Psi 2 for moveon means you lose a heap mana, which in my mind, the resists don't make up for. PPU's tend to have good enough resists as it is.[...]

Where would he lose heaps of mana?

180 is more than enough PPU and the Crahnglove adds 50 mana, so I highly doubt that he would lose alot of mana.

sultana
31-01-05, 13:27
Um you mean, 280 right? Cause I don't realisticly see a PPU with 380 mana and a moveon/proto in. Without the glove that is.

Sigma
31-01-05, 22:36
Um you mean, 280 right? Cause I don't realisticly see a PPU with 380 mana and a moveon/proto in. Without the glove that is.

Wtf are you talking about?

180 PPU is more than enough and who wouldn't use the crahn glove?

Just because you put in a Moveon, doesn't mean your psipool will be gimped.

Serpent
31-01-05, 22:44
Um you mean, 280 right?
he means ppu :>

Trib
02-02-05, 00:50
1st) less imp like already said. you safe points if you imp with glove buff and drug
2nd) lom melee away for getting more resist force
3rd) you should get some fire resist. the fire belt isnt enough
4th) lom vhc use away and put the points to agl. a ppu is fucking fast so you dont need vhc
5th) lom ppu to 176, put the points to ppw
6th) lom mst to 85, put the points to ppw

with my old pa ppu setup i came to a 461 mana pool and capped all spells i need .

maybe i will post my paless ppu setup here because im thinking about leaving nc

ino
04-02-05, 03:41
Well if you put in a move on and a pp resistor your psi pool get arround 260 - 280 and to have 180 ppu with pa2 with that setup doesnt even give you mst enough to use your spells and no spare ppw points what so ever to help cap spells. So yea psi pool gets gimped and you get gimped even with all int in psu. I really dont see a reason to put a pp in with some con tweaking. If you dont get 200 energy resistance its not the end of the world you still will have enough time to recast shelter anyhow. If you dont have a good group of killers on your tail that is, then it can get very hard even with capped resists.

Sigma
04-02-05, 11:01
Putting a Moveon AND a PPR into a PPU is one of the retardest things you could do.

Tostino
04-02-05, 20:17
Putting a Moveon AND a PPR into a PPU is one of the retardest things you could do.
That's how I feel.

extract
06-02-05, 10:43
one of the retardest things you could do.

pot calling the kettle black :lol:

=P

sultana
25-02-05, 14:01
Wtf are you talking about?

180 PPU is more than enough and who wouldn't use the crahn glove?

Just because you put in a Moveon, doesn't mean your psipool will be gimped.
Little belated, but it's not only your psi pool that will be lesser, its the damage on your (higher end) spells.

And yes moveon in proto both in a ppu is strange :wtf:

Nullvoid
11-04-05, 14:34
Its all very well setting up your ppu so you have uber resists while sheltered, but just think for a second how often ur antibuffed in battle...then use your skill manager to see how amazing your resists are minus the holy shelter...it's at this point that I tell you how retarded you are for thinking a moveon/ppr have no place in a ppu's setup. I'm not saying it is the best option as it isn't, but it is viable. After all, I've seen plenty of ppu's with the finest possible items and yet they still suck majorly bad.

sultana
11-04-05, 17:06
moveon and ppr or not, you will take alot of damage when your not sheltered. If you rely on you resists to keep you alive when you've been debuffed, then well.

I'm not saying a moveon and ppr aren't good to have in a ppu, I'm saying having both in is a little strange, not to mention will gimp your spell/mana pool alot.

Fafhrd
11-04-05, 17:39
Its all very well setting up your ppu so you have uber resists while sheltered, but just think for a second how often ur antibuffed in battle...then use your skill manager to see how amazing your resists are minus the holy shelter...it's at this point that I tell you how retarded you are for thinking a moveon/ppr have no place in a ppu's setup. I'm not saying it is the best option as it isn't, but it is viable. After all, I've seen plenty of ppu's with the finest possible items and yet they still suck majorly bad.

Imo using both the moveon and the ppr will have a great impact on your spells freq and dmg. You might be able to compensate with enough ppu but then your pool will be gimped. Then again you might be able just to munch away the psi-boosters but they take their time to refill the pool and space in a ppu's quickbelt is always tight.

Try to go for one of the two chips (if you have to) and cap frequency/dmg on your shields. After all your shields are contributing the most to your protection.

Massaker
11-04-05, 21:56
The most popular problem is to create Skill setups by Skillmanagers, because the informations of items and resists are not correct. An other big mistake is it to copy skillsetup. Every char compiles them in a little different way (sry but i cant speak english very well so i hope you understand what i mean :) )

Nullvoid
11-04-05, 22:16
With the gaya glove I think the *gimping* effect of using ppr + moveon together is a non issue. It is strange yes, but that's what makes it interesting to me. It isn't the standard cookie-cutter approach and yet it can genuinely work. Granted you must be closer to capped for it to be effective, but that doesn't take so long in this game anyway.

I'll let you know how it works out for me.

Massaker
12-04-05, 12:53
Yes its interresting to test it, but remember that you can't capp the Shelter or the frequenzy of the Holy Paralysis. So you will take more Damage than before and the resists by the move.on and proto.resi are useless ;) . That says that one of the Implants is available to have a good ppu and not a Tankpet who takes damage. The gaya glove gives only Mana but doesn't get the spells capped (ohh yeah my english rocks :angel: )