PDA

View Full Version : Neocron is way too expensive and students cant afford it!!

Dont Mess
27-01-05, 15:19
i swear most students have quit, ive bn forced 2 leave because if i wanna play nc again i have 2 cough up like 70 squid :(

sort it, out lower the price !!!!

sanityislost
27-01-05, 15:22
70quid? wtf o_O, dunno what your paying but the price as far as i know what most people pay is fine.

SiL ..:..

athon
27-01-05, 15:25
It costs like £7 a month on the 3 or 6 month payment tiers. And it's no more expensive than most other MMO's about at the moment.

I can't see how KK could possibly significantly lower the price. If you're skint thn either a) Get a job and stop playing games all day b) Go play some free / non-monthly-fee games.

Athon Solo

THE_TICK!!!!
27-01-05, 15:56
It costs like £7 a month on the 3 or 6 month payment tiers. And it's no more expensive than most other MMO's about at the moment.

I can't see how KK could possibly significantly lower the price. If you're skint thn either a) Get a job and stop playing games all day b) Go play some free / non-monthly-fee games.

Athon Solo hehe (uses english accent) i DO say old chap you are bloody well correct !! Sorry guys couldn't help myself :D

Dont Mess
27-01-05, 16:13
well i need 2 pay like 2x account upgrades, 2 x month worth of play and then another 2xmonth worth of play 2 actually play

Athon Solo

and im a full time student living on a student loan with no time 2 work, i dont play gams all day seen as i havnt played in over 3 months and there are no good free games

SypH
27-01-05, 16:15
I'm a student and I manage to afford it okay. I have 2 accounts both upgraded. Considering what I have to pay each month for rent, electricity, gas, phone bill, food etc £14 for NC2 is hardly alot.

Dont Mess
27-01-05, 16:16
I'm a student and I manage to afford it okay. I have 2 accounts both upgraded. Considering what I have to pay each month for rent, electricity, gas, phone bill, food etc £14 for NC2 is hardly alot.

u knw wat i can actually do it but i really dont wanna take a loan again

S a W
27-01-05, 16:19
Then the next question is.. why dont u give up one account?

Morganth
27-01-05, 16:22
On the 6 month plan it costs me £5 per month per account on the current conversion rate...

SypH
27-01-05, 16:26
Well I have to take a loan and work as well to pay my way. £14-16 a month isnt alot dude.

SorkZmok
27-01-05, 16:45
I`m a student, i can afford 2 accounts.
Sometimes i haven`t got enough money for food left though. :lol:

Spermy
27-01-05, 16:46
I managed to keep up the habit across two accounts.

3 words...

Pasta

and

Rice.

:angel:

Dont Mess
27-01-05, 16:51
HAHAHA LOL nice 1 pasta n rice

saw if i dont have both accounts i wont play, ma 2 main chars are rifle spy (on 1 account) and constructor (on other)

syph u work, i really would wanna but my course is way to bloody demanding espically in the second year id only be playing NC like late nights and not that often thats why im not going for the 3-6 month paymnts coz its just a waste of moneh

Spermy
27-01-05, 16:54
Tis true - You'll shit like a peado whose just been named, but it frees up an easy tenner extra a week :)

japata
27-01-05, 16:55
Noodle, tuna and a job as a security guard doing night/weekend shifts.

Besides, neocron is from the cheaper end of MMORPGs

Spoon
27-01-05, 18:08
It is actually cheaper for me this month....$14.51USD, down 50 cents from last month.....

Hopefully the Euro will tank before next months payment..... :lol:

SypH
27-01-05, 18:25
syph u work, i really would wanna but my course is way to bloody demanding espically in the second year id only be playing NC like late nights and not that often thats why im not going for the 3-6 month paymnts coz its just a waste of moneh Only reason I have plenty of time for NC atm is because I havent started back yet. Once I do I'll have maybe a few hours a night if I am lucky for NC. I have very little free time once classes start again as it is, but I still pay, and make some time for NC to relax:)

Jesterthegreat
27-01-05, 21:00
super noodles... and you dont need 2 accounts...

SorkZmok
27-01-05, 21:10
super noodles... and you dont need 2 accounts...I do. I had to start an APU for opwars and couldnt be arsed to delete one of my "fun" chars. SEE WHAT ALL YOU POINT N CLICK FANBOYS MADE ME DO!!! :lol:

Anyway, i now got 2 of my 3 favorite chars on that 2nd account, my hybrid and my mc/hc/vehicle PE. :)

Genty
27-01-05, 21:17
hehe (uses english accent) i DO say old chap you are bloody well correct !!

You do know that 99.99% of people don't have that accent in england...right?

THE_TICK!!!!
27-01-05, 22:29
well no...im just a dumb yank...havent been there yet...but i plan to..so dont beat me up to bad :D

landofcake
27-01-05, 22:34
I think it's cheap enough, i think with a 3 or 6 month plan the raw conversion works out at about £5 a month doesn't it ?

Genty
27-01-05, 23:13
well no...im just a dumb yank...havent been there yet...but i plan to..so dont beat me up to bad :D

s'ok, just don't expect many people to speak with a "british" accent. :D

Jesterthegreat
27-01-05, 23:37

yes... i dont think i have ever seriouslysaid "old chap" :p

THE_TICK!!!!
28-01-05, 08:33
well you should its CATCHY 8| and chicks dig it

Mr Kot
30-01-05, 15:08

....unless you're Dick van Dyke or Prince Charles.

For the record, if ANYBODY calls me "old chap" i'll shoot the fucker... :mad:

Back on topic, i just got an email from Click2gay confirming my first payment for my 6 month subscription. After euro to sterling conversion, it's £29.83 which works out less than a fiver a month, and is CONSIDERABLY less than what most peeps spend on a single night out on the piss.

Morganth
30-01-05, 15:11
I think it's cheap enough, i think with a 3 or 6 month plan the raw conversion works out at about £5 a month doesn't it ?

Correct.

MkVenner
30-01-05, 15:13
heh, i ocasionally see groups of Yanks and Japanese tourists on tours round here...i just know they got ripped off lol, "come see the finest sights of east london"...even if those sights are a pub, and kebab shop and a drunken tramp that throws up at exactly 21minutes past the hour....

Mr Kot
30-01-05, 15:23
heh, i ocasionally see groups of Yanks and Japanese tourists on tours round here...i just know they got ripped off lol, "come see the finest sights of east london"...even if those sights are a pub, and kebab shop and a drunken tramp that throws up at exactly 21minutes past the hour....

oooh, think i'll have to get myself an olde style red phone box built at the front of my house and charge gullible tourists £10 a time to have their picture taken next to it. £20 if they want me to pose with them dressed as a chimney sweep / pearly king / policeman

MkVenner
30-01-05, 15:29
haha, would probly work too lol