PDA

View Full Version : Why do I play this game?

Dribble Joy
27-01-05, 01:59
Something I has asked myself a number of times over the last two years.

Something happened about half an hour ago that reminded me why.

Bimbling through J01 looking for WBs, shot a few, and then went for J02.

Spotted a name on the local list before I get to the zone line, I look around to find who they are and where like usual.
Most of the time it's someone else out hunting, a CM or a neutral.
It's a TG.
It's been ages since I actually fought anyone, and even longer since I fought a TG on equal terms. I'm panicking, he has me completely by suprise and I'm barely in a position to pull my gun, let alone fight.

I have nothing running but a redflash and my pistol 1 buff, I'm hunting, I don't bother with anything else (daft I know, but TGs don't often come to J01).

He spots me too, whips out a PE and starts firing. Fuck it I think.
I charge along the ridge towards him and start pounding him with my judge.
I'm badly out of practice, 3 months without real combat rusts the aim and reflexes.
He's at about 9/10 hp and I'm at 150. I manage a heal and things get better, I start hitting and moving better.

But then he stops. He starts talking to me.
Though mostly relieved (I was probably going to loose anyway), I was a little bit miffed that the fight didn't go to a conclusion.

I suddenly realise that my heart is pounding like Nid on a spammer, my whole ribcage is vibrating like mad.
The adrenaline high is insane, my vision is slightly tunneled, my hands are shaking when I take them away from the keyboard, I can barely type straight.

Cheers Leebzie, nothing beats the NC rush. :D

Ascension
27-01-05, 02:04
...and then you killed him right? aww come on Dribble, I'm dissapointed in you! :(

r3yka
27-01-05, 02:08
i must say i have never had that experience

thats a nice sig asc

Dribble Joy
27-01-05, 02:10
He was too nice :p.

I can't hack anyway, though I did buff up fully (my char's a completely different kettle of fish when combat ready).
I was tempted, and if he started again, I would have taken it to the end.
We both just kinda went our separate ways.

Ascension
27-01-05, 02:15

I can't hack anyway, though I did buff up fully (my char's a completely different kettle of fish when combat really).
Bleh! would you attack me if you saw me! and if i said "HI" you'd stop? dude, ignore the angel on your right shoulder!, listen to the devil on your left shoulder ;)

@ r3yka: thanx im pretty proud of the way it turned out :)

Xeno LARD
27-01-05, 03:49
Bad DJ :(. You had a Judge in your hand, one more burst would have finished him, and you didn't? :(

Terayon
27-01-05, 04:11
I fought that guy once a few zones away. Rifle pe started fighting me and i nearly killed him and he is like "Ok i decided you are worthy to level here. Lets end this." And for some reason i let him walk away. I wonder why i didnt just kill him to this day.

And ya dribble.... i love that feeling in neocron. Thats also why i hate playing my ppu.

MkVenner
27-01-05, 04:40
i havent had a decent fight in a while...a few jumpings, ambushes and snipers, but no one thats that good....but i get that feeling too...and thinking about, bar playing Tekken with my mates in front of the TV...no other game has given me that feeling.....doing 100mph+/wheelies/drifts on a motorbike/in a car, yes, a decent sparring partner at boxing or a decent game of paintball yes....computer game...no

Mechanicus
27-01-05, 05:05
last computer game that i got that from was perfect dark

MkVenner
27-01-05, 05:09
no, one other game has....Desert Combat, especially when 6 of us, the whole of my Battle Field Clan won a DC game vs about 25 other people, not a bunch of noobs tho....was great.....

rabidfurball
27-01-05, 05:30
Reading your description sends a chill down my spine reminiscent of the feeling I get when I kill the rare un-ppu'd, non-zonehoring, equally-skilled pvper. I love it. Speaking of, I'm off to peper park. :-)

Koshinn
27-01-05, 05:30
That used to happen to me all the time... Until I started actively searching for people and stopped hunting. Then it was like.. I hope I kill you before you somehow get away. >.< The only time I get an adrenaline high is when it's me vs 5 people and I kill 2-3 before dying. That's fun.

E. Cryton
27-01-05, 11:19
I suddenly realise that my heart is pounding like Nid on a spammer, my whole ribcage is vibrating like mad.
The adrenaline high is insane, my vision is slightly tunneled, my hands are shaking when I take them away from the keyboard, I can barely type straight.

i love that :p

Revslad
27-01-05, 11:36
had my first nc duel 2 nights ago againt bugs gunny...we ll i whooped his hc tank and hc pe on revs:P

but man that left me like michael j fox :lol:

Bugs Gunny
27-01-05, 11:55
I still have to use soft tissues because of your forcefull entry :-)
I take back the words from when i said you were a point n click monkey lol.

SorkZmok
27-01-05, 13:53

<3 <3 <3
I still get this all the time. At least everytime i start fighting seriously. It gets better the longer i`m playing and fighting but its the same every day. :)

Although its better than before, i was completely freaked out everytime i had a fight when i just started pvping. At least i dont panic anymore these days.

Leebzie
27-01-05, 13:58
The moments when you really weren't expecting a fight, it really pulls you in :D, It was a good fight I enjoyed it too, (first Pro City ive attacked in ... 9 months ? and about my third fight in that time too, just rejoined NC as I may have mentioned so it was pretty exciting in itself)

Those are the moments that make the game really :D, and hopefully we'll run into a few more ;)

The only I thing I have to be wary of is people that dont stop firing back when I do... :lol:

but TGs don't often come to J01

Thats exactly why I was there :D

netster
27-01-05, 14:07
those moments i live for in nc .....

..... when i stay in ug, go up to fetch sum lube from gogu or yo's and a healing light (or slasher) spy flashing up from behind. okay.... action ... and try to get this mo$§%$§§cker stealthpitch. poor action-seed atm :(
at least i managed to get online yesterday and had a lil '5min'-action in cy op with thos freaking 3 procitys (apu-hyb/ppu/apu).

city-ppls should try to get jeriko back more often...... <3 fights at jeriko :D

Jesterthegreat
27-01-05, 14:30

..... when i stay in ug, go up to fetch sum lube from gogu or yo's and a healing light (or slasher) spy flashing up from behind. okay.... action ... and try to get this mo$§%$§§cker stealthpitch. poor action-seed atm :(
at least i managed to get online yesterday and had a lil '5min'-action in cy op with thos freaking 3 procitys (apu-hyb/ppu/apu).

i know this will drag it off topic but... FF said from now on they fight alone a month or so ago now. last night they came to take back an OP supporting SSX (along with DarK and maybe r2k)

Xeno LARD
27-01-05, 14:48
What really annoys me is when i run off to heal in a fight and hide, I'll have the tunneled vision and dad will come up behind me and tap me on the back. It scares the living shit out of me :(.

Social-Zero
27-01-05, 14:51
I get that same rush , it rules !

Shaking , saying to yourself " fuck fuck fuck omg fuck "
your hands sweating :lol:

Bugs Gunny
27-01-05, 14:58
Oh, neutronix.
I fought that guy on my hc pe, at mb last night.
Dunno what he started yelling to me, as i was deafened by the plasma cannon :-)

I do remember comming out of his belthack with 4 fa wiping their feet on my head lol.

Leebzie
27-01-05, 15:16
Lol did you get my DB ? :p

I really hadnt expected you to continue firing when I stopped.

Bugs Gunny
27-01-05, 15:26
Nope, and i lost my 5 slot shelter too :-)

I was driving all the way from BD, in my reveler, parked it inside the courtyard, then saw a tg on the hills, ran over and started shooting.
I don't take pow's, as we simply can't afford to take in diseased radiated underfed doy inhabitants. Best is to give them a quick death lol.

E. Cryton
27-01-05, 15:40
FF said from now on they fight alone a month or so ago now.

makes me laugh everytime i read it ...
the biggest clan on the server said, he'll fight alone from now on :p

Leebzie
27-01-05, 15:41
I don't take pow's, as we simply can't afford to take in diseased radiated underfed doy inhabitants. Best is to give them a quick death lol.

Ill keep it in mind ;)

Ouch on the shelter... :(

Dribble Joy
27-01-05, 17:16
first Pro City ive attacked in ... 9 months ?
I'm far from Pro-NC.

People stopping during a fight is not the norm, I was a tad suprised to find myself talking to a TG :p.

Leebzie
27-01-05, 17:23
True, its not normal, but then it was more interesting. And ill talk to anyone in NC, regardless of faction.

Bugs Gunny
27-01-05, 17:26
What is the world coming to????

We have allieds killing allieds for harvesting their belts, and now we have enemies stopping mid fight to start up a nice little conversation.

I know... next we have the warbots serving thea and biscuits when CM and TG start chatting away.

Pacifists like you should be shot on sight :D

Tostino
27-01-05, 17:30

For one it was a ppu hybrid and a ppu bitch to para for me :p And there was a nib ppu that was there to tag the GR and he was just talking and keped dieing because he wouldent put up his s/d :lol:.
And secondly YOU CANT HACK JERIKO! We talked to a GM and he said it was buged... So no point trying till that is fixed.

XenivouS
27-01-05, 17:35
ahh no wonder jeriko is still TG, lol I just thought it was that procity gave up. :lol:

GIJ0e
27-01-05, 18:50
[ edited ]

Tostino
27-01-05, 18:59
[ edited ]

landofcake
27-01-05, 19:07
DJ m8 you are so right, i get that same rush when i'm doing PvP and it really does beat the crap out of any game i've ever played, absolutely astounding.

And this is why other games such as World of Warcraft will NOT hold my interest, Neocron is like some sort of mad drug.

But you've got to take the high with the lows ...

zii
27-01-05, 20:54
i must say i have never had that experience

shit. i do. every time.

El Jimben
27-01-05, 21:11
Gotta love the heart palpataions, though a few times when PvPing while stoned, I though I was gonna have a heart attack :eek:

giga191
28-01-05, 00:21
It's called neocrack. The buzz that you get from PvP can be physically addictive.

Heavyporker
28-01-05, 00:28
I get that rush when i run someone down with my combat vec. Absolutely amazing.

just so you know.. so far, 1x by combat chainbike, 1x by combat hoverbike, three attempts but no success with heavy trike, 1x by jeep, like 2 or 3x by bomber.

*sigh* I really need to play my vec char more often.

Coid
28-01-05, 10:27
40% of the time i get that rush i tend to fuck up alot haha...especially when they catch u off gaurd and u gotta think fast. This games like artificial SPEED ;)

THE_TICK!!!!
28-01-05, 13:22
its a great thing the neo rush :P its interesting after being here in iraq for a year i can compare it to something a bit more real...and the funny thing is you feel almost the same afterwards..lol well mentaly anyway...the rush is AWESOME go neo go wahooo

Jesterthegreat
28-01-05, 14:09
always enhance the rush. legally that means red bull and ciggies... illegally i wont discuss :p

Dribble Joy
28-01-05, 14:17
illegally i wont discuss :p
Suking was fun wasn't it :D.

Jesterthegreat
28-01-05, 14:25

the haze i remember :p

Dribble Joy
28-01-05, 14:50
I swear chops put something in his bakky. Either that or I was high as a kite on nicotine. Un-filtered rollies... mmmm......

Jesterthegreat
28-01-05, 14:52
I swear chops put something in his bakky.

we would never do that!

er...

yeah. i gotta go back to work now.

Spermy
28-01-05, 15:55
Just to drag the topic kicking and screaming back to it's original intentions...

I would love some PvP, only, I don't shoot mercs, and I hardly ever see any NCers besides the LE'd buggers at the bunker, which IMO are to low to PvP anyway.

Come out and play you lot... Please? :angel:

Dribble Joy
28-01-05, 15:58
I've noticed that too... only really DoY peeps around MB. Though mostly NC peeps hunting in J01 and J02...

All a bit odd.

Spermy
28-01-05, 16:08
It's a conspiracy I tell you!

Cerbious
28-01-05, 18:12

lol i was too fucked to remeber, though i remeber u swigging ur ale was it?

on the NC rush omg somtimes i might get it when on a role in a OP fight.. 4 kills or more. But i definatly definatly never get it more extreme except when at a FN... the tension and suspense builds up as ur name is called and u start to buff, the the count down which seems to last for ever.. then BAM, its like i blank out.. go into tunnel vision nothing else on my mind, adreniline kicks in... all i think about is how many people is watching and that i HAVE TO WIN. Suddenly it all over and im left slumped in my chair shaking feeling my heart pound through my ribs..and in my ears and temple.. feel like jelly whihc is about to explode... then make lots of typos as i attempt to comment after the fight but my hands are to shaky.... all i can do after is sit back for 5 mins :D

Dribble Joy
28-01-05, 19:14
I remember one of the duels we had.
Chops was sitting next to me, and was shouting 'Get his legs! Get the legs!', so I shot you lots in the legs, then 'In the head! In his head!', so I shot your head a lot.
Don't think I missed a shot in that fight, barely got scratched myself.
You weren't that happy.

And yes, I was drinking lots of ale.

Jesterthegreat
28-01-05, 20:35
Chops was sitting next to me, and was shouting 'Get his legs! Get the legs!', so I shot you lots in the legs, then 'In the head! In his head!', so I shot your head a lot.
You weren't that happy.

be thankfull you dont sit in the room / on vent with him everytime you play :p

crazy :D

Zheo
28-01-05, 22:23

I can't hack anyway, though I did buff up fully (my char's a completely different kettle of fish when combat ready).

Dribble i have a saying; Runner's dont fight wars, clans do, so when i see a nameless runner i dont often attack, i check em out see if they got clan tags, I see tags I fire.

I once genrep'd to Gab mine, some Biotech guy there, but I didn't start fighting him though he'd have had first shot, cos he just wanted to hunt. And the game gets really boring for new people if they go hunting and everyone gangs em, you cant escape it really, everywhere u go, there will always be an enemy waiting to pk you. Though saying that I just killed someone who was clanned though he didnt attack me, not sure if he didnt see me or what but I wasnt taking any chances since his clan has attacked me before.

Anyways nuff babbling from me.

Tostino
28-01-05, 23:03
And the game gets really boring for new people if they go hunting and everyone gangs em, you cant escape it really, everywhere u go, there will always be an enemy waiting to pk you.
I try not to kill low lvls when I go pking but I can't take a chance to get close enuff to see there rank before they atack so I normaly kill them and then if they are low lvl i can just give em a rez (though they normaly just GR out because they think i am rez killing :lol: )

Dribble Joy
28-01-05, 23:11
If I see an enemy who is not hunting or has full health, and is above about lvl 45. I will attack, though I do not go out of my way to find and kill enemy runners.
I am not a 'pker'.

sanityislost
28-01-05, 23:59
And the game gets really boring for new people if they go hunting and everyone gangs em, you cant escape it really, everywhere u go, there will always be an enemy waiting to pk you.

Normally when im Pking im on my own and dont take chances. tho after i pick up
the tag n check the rank, if he/she is low wont touch them again as long as i
can remember the name.

If the rank always showed i would just leave them alone, but you have to be so
close to see it and that time spent checking a rank can mean death for an apu.

SiL ..:..

Cerbious
29-01-05, 00:30
You weren't that happy.

hmm yeah think i remeber that.. cheers for the support chops lol.. .yeah it wasa quick fight and yes u didnt bloody miss a fucking shot ! lol all good fun.

On the killing lvl thing.. in NC 1 i always say only kill over rank .../40 but now in nc2 with the new enlarged hate RP for the enemy city, (and the mission to actully find a enemy somtimes), i will kill any enemy at any rank, it is all fair RP of which i dont want them to master their skills so they might attack my fair city or even my familly in Plaza 3 god forbid. All enemy shall die stop thier genetic line dont let them have children to come after me... (Known fact: old english times if a castle was sucessful seiged>conquered then new owners would throw the babies who lived there off the castle walls so they would not grow up and try to avenge the deaths of thier fathers.). Basicully kill as many as i can to crush them by putting a spannor in thier works.

You could call me a n00b killer, but meh, they have LE out which to means they might draw a Neocron'ers blood.
I dont kill allies
I dont GR camp
or any other crap like that.

Also clanless makes no difference as they might join a clan or freelance themselves (not as eligantly as the City Mercs though :) ) also they by lliving in the dome of york stand against my city :)

Kopaka
29-01-05, 04:50
be thankfull you dont sit in the room / on vent with him everytime you play :p

crazy :D

pff chops is ok in a fight
im worse
TheJester is the worst :)
i always am a few secs pissed off cuz mostly every enemy goes for me first, takes the piss :p

DC is fun when he dies.. Nimmer also.. ur just coldhearted..not even an emotion in the tone of voice u can hear from jesterthegreat :angel:

Jesterthegreat
29-01-05, 09:51
pff chops is ok in a fight
im worse
TheJester is the worst :)
i always am a few secs pissed off cuz mostly every enemy goes for me first, takes the piss :p

DC is fun when he dies.. Nimmer also.. ur just coldhearted..not even an emotion in the tone of voice u can hear from jesterthegreat :angel:

haha... its normally when its 2am and your whining for me to log my APU to kill some guy i got no prob with in clan i quite like... im too tired for that shit :p

Cerbious
29-01-05, 11:22
no emotion, u should try and sit irl next to jester as he plays some times lol... ive watched him scream at the screen as much as the next guy :)

solling
29-01-05, 11:34
i know this will drag it off topic but... FF said from now on they fight alone a month or so ago now. last night they came to take back an OP supporting SSX (along with DarK and maybe r2k)
at emmerson where u had ups the one dow etc i belive, so we helped exiles and got a nice even fight

Jesterthegreat
29-01-05, 12:10
at emmerson where u had ups the one dow etc i belive, so we helped exiles and got a nice even fight

as i said in PM to whatever FF PM'd me, im not bothered they did it... just curious as to why they claim they wont, then do. make up minds and such.

andbtw with pro vs fa it was about even numbers.

Nidhogg
29-01-05, 15:07
Don't make this thread about specifics. Keep the names out of it, please.

N

Kopaka
29-01-05, 17:11
[ edited ]

Nidhogg
29-01-05, 18:06
One for time for the hard of understanding. Do not continue this argument.

N