PDA

View Full Version : Status Update

Nidhogg
26-01-05, 00:38
OK, here we go with a fairly long status update. Please note that while these are necessarily terse descriptions I'll be happy to engage in ongoing discussion until each item is resolved. I can't promise that development will suddenly increase ten-fold but I can promise that I'll be here to make the whole process much more transparent and keep you all better informed. There are a number of points to mention so let's jump straight in at the deep end with...

New Dev Hired

A new full-time developer has been hired and will start work in early February. He will introduce himself to you all when he's plucked up the courage but I'd like to welcome him on board early! We all look forward to working with him. :)

Item Tracking

Item Tracking is on schedule and virtually complete. It certainly hasn't been dropped, ignored or otherwise pushed to the bottom of the priority list because this is as important for us as it is for all of you and we're keen to bring it on-line. It is on target to be introduced at the same time as the international release.

Player Shops

This one is proving to be a little more tricksy. Player Shops are still on the priority list but progress is not as advanced as it is for item tracking (which we believe is higher priority than player shops, all things considered). I will keep you updated of progress but until then I'd like to urge everyone to support current RP initiatives (such as Heavyporker's shop). If you wish to start a shop of your own then please feel free to discuss it with one of our excellent Event GMs. To recap, Player Shops are still on the to-do list!

Terra Model Corruption

We have now decided to resolve these issues on a case-by-case basis after the next patch. At that time I will post further information on how to report any corrupt characters you may have, and our GM hairdressers will sort you all out with something for the weekend.

PayByCash Update

Unfortunately the problem regarding PayByCash has not yet been resolved. The discussion has escalated to CEO level and we hope for a resolution quickly. This is another situation that we would prefer to see behind us as soon as possible. Sooner, in fact.

Theme Week Progress

Christmas, illness and the loss of Iorghe have all contributed to an apparent stall of the HackNet Theme Weeks (or Theme Weeks in general). The Theme will be continued, progress (mainly on fixes, which were always the priority for Theme Weeks) has been made and will be released in the next patch. I'd like to restate that Theme Weeks are an important initiative and we're still fully committed to making them happen.

Newb Killing and Soullight

We're considering Soullight for a possible Theme Week in the future based on concerns expressed recently. No promises for when it will happen but it's been noticed and noted.

Implant Drop

This issue is still being investigated and will be resolved as soon as it's tracked down. It's definitely on the to-do list.

Trade Spam

A spam filter was implemented as part of the DOY expansion but it is not currently enabled due to some early issues. The filter works by simply choking the input to one message every few seconds and I'll be checking on its progress until the problem is resolved. Until then can I ask that you all please use the OOC channel instead of trade or you could get yourself into trouble with our GM team. Thanks for your cooperation.

WOC Items

It's intended that WOC items will be more than just re-badged weapons/items with better stats so we're holding off on releasing anything until we can implement something more special.

Plan File

Holger will be posting a new Plan File in the next week or two where he will set out his aims for Neocron in the coming months. There's still a lot more in store - and in a good way. ;)

/edit

English Manual

The English manual has been updated to better reflect the game mechanics (for example, no more cash cubes ;) ), new HUD, character creation, professions etc. and has been sent to 10t for use in the International release. We'll put it online as soon as it's been tidied up and the graphics added etc.

I'll keep you all up to date with developments and please feel free to discuss any other concerns that haven't been addressed so far. Just because something hasn't been mentioned doesn't mean we're not aware or on top of it - I've just hit the main short-term points in this post.

N

Spermy
26-01-05, 00:42
Any kind of eta on a patch there nid?

'twould be sexual indeed to have some kind of time frame. :angel:

Nidhogg
26-01-05, 00:46
We're not code complete on the patch yet so any date would be unwise. It's not far away though. Sorry I can't be more specific.

N

Seven
26-01-05, 00:48
*falls off chair*

Spermy
Meh, works for me, cheers fella :)

Cerbious
Community Liason works as far as im concerned :D feel much better reading that.. yes no eta on much but still we know that there is a Dev team alive and wanting to do things like player shops which we started to disbelivewill actully happen.

If this sort of update even if reapeating some things could happen regully like once a week or somthing then i think the community will be a happy place with more positive people :)

Shelia
26-01-05, 00:50
Great but one thing :

WOC Items

It's intended that WOC items will be more than just re-badged weapons/items with better stats so we're holding off on releasing anything until we can implement something more special.

Don't know why...but it's look like a big fucking joke :rolleyes:

So in a year or two, maybe we'll have "something special". :(

Micad Elber
26-01-05, 00:55
Nice, finally some Announcements :)
We are not forgotten :D

Ah and ppl: please STOP asking for patchtimes... we all know what happens when everyone cries for patches.

back to topic: thumbs up! Hope it goes on like that on a regular basis :)

greetz Micad

Ozambabbaz
26-01-05, 00:55
Great but one thing :

even if it still is something special, it's still a big fucking joke...just like implants that are crucial for setups are faction items. not working as intended, only creating traitors and allied gankers.

and spending weeks to months getting stuff just to be competetive or on par with other combat classes just isn't feasible for a community worn this thin.

while i'm on it, creating more stuff for the already overpowered class isn't exactly going to bring balance back, but...

Tratos
26-01-05, 00:57
Great to see this :)

The item tracking news is very nice but when is the international release planed?
Also has more work been done on the new hacknet bossmob and is it near completion?
Is there any news regarding the spread of Neocron 2? (Asian Release)
Has there been a problem with the web heads at KK? just as the website has fallen behind the product in regards to news and patch notes.

And Finaly ;)
How often can we expect a round up of progress such as this?

Ok NOW im finished, im gonna hit myself if i think of any more, lol

I have lots of questions :p hope you have time to answer :)

Nidhogg
26-01-05, 00:57
Well everyone knows I don't have a sense of humour but I understand your concern. WOC needs to be something really worth working towards and we don't want to go off half-cocked. It's a genuine concern and one I will be regularly pushing with the guys in the office.

N

Mechanicus
26-01-05, 00:58
i like the look of that stuff, is there a test server running?

i would be willing ot help test this stuff

darknessfairy
26-01-05, 00:59
Nidhogg, you have been busy this afternoon, im glad to see you're sticking with your word :)

just one thing, can you change the pbc update on the announcements page, last i saw it was last posted on the 17th... its 25th now and no updates or news to new runners. Cheers. When you get a chance of course :D

jernau
26-01-05, 01:03
A nice start but I wouldn't use a phrase like "on schedule" to describe something that's over three months late.

Spermy already asked my main question so thanks for answering that one.

Ministry
26-01-05, 01:07
the new community work is seeming good so far.

thanks for info.

lets hope all things go smothely and we see the fruits from this new communication that we have here

MrDomino
26-01-05, 01:17
Nid, Is there any chance of more published material such as NEMA's, Neocronicles, VotR, general pdf things?

Dr Strange
26-01-05, 01:22
Ok so lemme get this straight;

For Terra, to fix the graphical corruption, i.e. no hair, green shirt/pink pants, world and/or mob models on heads and blurry shadows at the character selection screen, we will have to submit to a GM for a case-by-case fix?

This could take FOREVER :(

LiL T
26-01-05, 01:24
*can't breath*

This is top shit meaning it is good btw !

I can't help pointing out though this is what we have been wanting for longer than long time .... However here it finaly is omg yeah *now feels stuffed with WTF is going on*

Terra Model Corruption

I have both my accounts with all char models without hair its not stopping me from playing but I would love my hair back. If I was to ask for GM help to restore my hair on all chars what would happen ? would I have to delete my characters and give my stuff to the GM ?

Tratos
26-01-05, 01:26
What im thinking as it was said the GMs would be given new tools is that as a GM can control there look (turning into stuff) they will be able to replace your chars hair with something, better, lol

Dr Strange
26-01-05, 01:28
would I have to delete my characters and give my stuff to the GM ?

Snowballs chance in hell I'd be doing that, if thats the case. Sorry but judging on how things have been going since before Christmas, our luck the GM either keeps/deletes/loses our items and we're stuck with 0/2 chars (yea im not rerolling a capped character)

LiL T
26-01-05, 01:29
What im thinking as it was said the GMs would be given new tools is that as a GM can control there look (turning into stuff) they will be able to replace your chars hair with something, better, lol humm

Yes that seems likely but what about my strange blue if thats what it is colour I have ?

/EDIT bah I don't care much about my colour but getting my hair back would be nice ...

LiL T
26-01-05, 01:32
Snowballs chance in hell I'd be doing that, if thats the case. Sorry but judging on how things have been going since before Christmas, our luck the GM either keeps/deletes/loses our items and we're stuck with 0/2 chars (yea im not rerolling a capped character)
sorry for dobble post

no no no

there not doing that to littleterror no way :(

Vanten
26-01-05, 01:35
Terra Model Corruption

We have now decided to resolve these issues on a case-by-case basis after the next patch. At that time I will post further information on how to report any corrupt characters you may have, and our GM hairdressers will sort you all out with something for the weekend.

Why not intruduce Rokkwear with hairdressers aswell :confused: As for the whole clothing issue, what's the delay? Changing cloths should be as hard/easy issue as in NC1 to fix, or is there some big bug or something in it?

Seven
26-01-05, 01:38
Why not intruduce Rokkwear with hairdressers aswell :confused: As for the whole clothing issue, what's the delay? Changing cloths should be as hard/easy issue as in NC1 to fix, or is there some big bug or something in it?

Two words. Man Power

There's just way too much shit to do and not enough people.

Dr Strange
26-01-05, 01:42
Two words. Man Power

There's just way too much shit to do and not enough people.

Been down this discussional road before; they more than make enough money to hire more peopel. They finally hired a new dev (I guess to replace Ioregh or however his name was spelt), they can afford to hire more.

Seven
26-01-05, 01:45
Been down this discussional road before; they more than make enough money to hire more peopel. They finally hired a new dev (I guess to replace Ioregh or however his name was spelt), they can afford to hire more.

I agree 110%, but what the need to do and what they do are two completely different things.

Tostino
26-01-05, 01:45
YAY! Im so happy... Now maybe I wont lose any more 5 slot guns in my GOGO :(

40$Poser
26-01-05, 01:55
the wording is good, now let's see actions

Tidus_Origin
26-01-05, 02:01
nice to see that KK haven't abandoned us as so many people think.

I'm reserving the blue spiked hair option for my rifle spy, if possible. It was what I wanted that character to have, but seeing as NC1 only had blue hair and no spiked hair option
...and NC2 currently has spiked hair and no blue hair option, i want to finally have what my spy has been needing for the past 2 years.

(please?) :lol:

Anyway, good to see work is being done on all the big issues in NC.

MkVenner
26-01-05, 02:03
whoa, nice, thanks for the update nidd, nice to see the trickle of info that practicly dried up pick up a bit o'pace.

Any questions that arose for me have been answered...so meh :p

naimex
26-01-05, 02:11
Nidd, I love you <3

Thanks for the update so much appreciated..

*Hopes he still has his special powers after the fix*

sanityislost
26-01-05, 02:16
Thanx for the update dude, looking forward to future updates :D

SiL ..:..

Nidhogg
26-01-05, 02:19
Let's see...

No, you won't have to have your char re-made. We'll be changing your hair just like we can change other attributes.

The Rokkwear terminal was being worked on by Iorghe and was nearly there from what I gather. There will be a learning curve for the new dev though and we want to see the problem resolved ASAP - it's already been too long.

Yes there will be more publications/newsletters etc. The Event team are working on something as we speak and more details will come when they're ready to go live.

Yes, "on schedule" was possibly a poor choice of words. Good call there, Jernau. ;)

N

Tratos
26-01-05, 02:23
Any chance of addressing the other q's raised cough (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1747282&postcount=10) :p

paolo escobar
26-01-05, 02:34
just what i've been waiting for, thanx nid.

QuakCow
26-01-05, 02:38
cool, info is always good

Ascension
26-01-05, 02:40
Cheers, I'm just gonna wait and see :)

Genty
26-01-05, 03:37
Much improved but actions speak louder than words.

Xeno LARD
26-01-05, 04:06
Each Dev should have a little diary thing where they write what they're working on, that'd be just grand.

Dr Strange
26-01-05, 04:24
Each Dev should have a little diary thing where they write what they're working on, that'd be just grand.

That's basically what a .plan is

Terayon
26-01-05, 06:06
I wish this issue with PBC could be settled faster. I mean, do both sides have to scedule a time to talk about a problem? Why dont they just solved the dammed thing? I dont know much about business.... I just hate the inconveniences it causes me.

Thx for the update.

Darkener
26-01-05, 06:35
Great but one thing :

Agreed Ive been looking forward to the WoC since NC2 went retail. I was actually enjoying leveling for sometime until i released it was only really something to do if you never wanted to lom past str 100.

As for the imps dropping man does it make this game boring. You kill someone 5 mins later they come back ppu in tow and kill you or just build up no more gring to doy/ neocron getting a poke and coming back to fight. You die the same thing happens. It makes things like raids meaning less 40% isnt that long.

Its good to see that the item tracking hasn't gone the way of the dodo. After its implemented fuck ups and loss of items will be no more thank god i lost a nice apartment to lack of item tracking.

This community representitive is a start but hey as said before actions speak louder then words one post changes nothing. Server count on a 4 slot international server which was to be made up of 3 English speaking servers is
utter crap. Peak time these days is 23%-25% saturn before NC2 got about 300 and that was just with the saturnites playing.

Allied pkars,unfriendly community, sl issues all blamed as reasons for people quitting and not playing this may be true for some but not for the majority.
Whole clans have just gone inactive since the start of NC2 nothing to do with any of the above. Stuff like what happened with Terra and before that the Saturn Fuck up with the reroll before retail ended all KK's little fuck ups and well i wont say broken promises because it will only be claimed kk never promised any of the shit we expected in NC2 ,ill leave it at failed expectations these are the reasons people have quit. You can argue against this but hey even these forums have seen better days they are a reflection of whats going on in game and whats happening with the community its slowing down.

As i said above actions speak louder than words and i hope you guys can come through and pull this game out of where its headed my recycle bin and then into nothingness when i finally get pissed off enough with it and i wont be the last to do so. I hope we can see some more numbers on the servers to see some new blood even some returning old blood (some have returned yes but it does not match those that have left).

Id say the real test will really be when WoW hits europe. Love or hate the game its still going to make a big impact we will see all i know is that they couldnt have a unlimited final open beta they had to limit numbers becuase so many wanted to play it. Nutts to who ever says " omg your playing a fairy" well you may well end up playing with the population number pluto had before NC1 ended because of it so be wary.

Ok thats it my thoughts on it. I do feel positive about it but cant help feeling pessemistic my days of optimism with this game are long gone.

THE_TICK!!!!
26-01-05, 08:08
thanks for the update nid. Whatever happens communication is a step in the RIGHT direction..thanks again for the heads up.

Seven
26-01-05, 08:23
Get your ass home TICK! :p

Dr Strange
26-01-05, 09:29
You can argue against this but hey even these forums have seen better days they are a reflection of whats going on in game and whats happening with the community its slowing down.

I hope we can see some more numbers on the servers to see some new blood even some returning old blood (some have returned yes but it does not match those that have left).

Id say the real test will really be when WoW hits europe. Love or hate the game its still going to make a big impact we will see all i know is that they couldnt have a unlimited final open beta they had to limit numbers becuase so many wanted to play it. Nutts to who ever says " omg your playing a fairy" well you may well end up playing with the population number pluto had before NC1 ended because of it so be wary.

The forums have drastically gone down from what I can see. When NC2 retail started, the forums were booming with activity (at least the English forums), lotta people reading and posting, well into all hours of the night (which is what I like to see as I am a nighttime gamer mostly). Flash forward 2+ months and the forums are damn near dead. The same threads linger at the top, the occasional bout of closed spam threads/leaving threads etc

The server pops are kinda sad. On one hand I DO see new people, I keep help and ooc turned on (ooc ocasionally). And there's usually at least one new person at day on Terra asking questions on where to level, how to buy items etc general newbie questions. On the other hand, peak times (say EST for example) and it's like 9% or 10%. Going on the assumption (i know not the best of ideas but humor me) that 1% = around 10 people or so thats less than 100 people at peak times. Now on weekends Terra can hit 30%+ which is nice, sometimes even close to 40%. Though I've never seen ANY of the servers break 50%. Highest I've seen was Mars at 47% which aint bad.

Also sadly I think WoW euro release will kill NC2. I'm optimistic most of the time, aside from a somewhat dreary outlook towards KK which is obviously shown around here, but WoW's already at like 600,000+ players in North America. 600,000.....That dwarfs anything NC2 can pump out currently. Now imagine releasing in Europe, I'd say 1 millon+ worldwide within a few weeks of the Euro release. Now KK COULD counter this by getting the North American NC2 release (or International Release as their calling it), in conjunction with the Asia release. A little advertising and some positive word-of-mouth publicity will skyrocket NC2 popularity. Half of WoW's NA popularity was word-of-mouth. Sure the majority were either Blizzard/Warcraft/Diablo fanboys theres a large percentage who heard from friends or othre games "hey this mmo kicks ass, give it a try". The server pops for it speak for itself; when an mmo has so MANY users their hardware can't keep up, they did something right (not saying KK is doing nothing right, just that they could learn from this and move in a better direction).

msdong
26-01-05, 10:12
tbh, I'm a little disappointed on the current status of development on NC. even more after this new status update.
yes,item tracking is ok, but the WoC thing is just a laugh and implant drop should be No.1 on list.

lets wait for the Plan but i dont think there will be much more infos.

anyway thx for info and were waitin for next patch

Capt. Rik
26-01-05, 10:28
It's a great update hopefully some results will appear soon :)

Player Shops

This one is proving to be a little more tricksy. Player Shops are still on the priority list but progress is not as advanced as it is for item tracking (which we believe is higher priority than player shops, all things considered). I will keep you updated of progress but until then I'd like to urge everyone to support current RP initiatives (such as Heavyporker's shop). If you wish to start a shop of your own then please feel free to discuss it with one of our excellent Event GMs. To recap, Player Shops are still on the to-do list!

Just wandering if KK have considered (and implemented??) some of the community's ideas on this topic?

Threads like this for example...
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=120695&highlight=Player+Shops
Or,
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=119990&highlight=Player+Shops

bassloud
26-01-05, 10:29
Very nice beginning, Nidhogg!
I like to see that KK is giving away info!

Tank you!

RogerRamjet
26-01-05, 10:43
OMFG.

Ive splooged.

Selendor
26-01-05, 12:01
Thanks for the update. If its regular, its exactly what the community has been asking for since Neocron 1. Clear, concise, and willing to come back and answer specifics.

That said, I share the concerns of many that KK need to act with a lot of urgency before WoW retail hits us (could be in as little as 3 weeks?), because populations will go down, no doubt.

Not wanting to put a negative spin on things, but we have seen in the past that features or items added seem to take many patches before they are working properly, so I don't expect any of the things Nid mentioned to be complete for at least a couple of months.

Masentaja
26-01-05, 12:48
Let just hope that new dev gonna be ubar :B

Or I have to fly over there and give him pack of beer to cheer him up, and hold his hand and repeat sentence "fix synch bugs&FRE's...fix synch bugs&FRE's... fix synch bugs&FRE's..."

oh edit : Thanks Nid for info :) Made me smile. Let's just hope KK will be able to fix up NC like it should be ;)

Nidhogg
26-01-05, 13:21
Thanks for your messages of support so far. :) It's important, however, that we all realise there will be times when things don't go to plan and statements that I make will turn out to be incorrect or features will be delayed. That's life. Things will turn nasty, I'll be accused of lying then I'll respond by nuking your town and things will be generally frosty for a little while. I'll warn you all now to expect that to happen sometimes. What I'll do my best to do though is: Let you know as soon as possible, rather than waiting for dates to come and go before anything is said
Provide some kind of justification for the change
Limit the blast radius to just your street
As for some of the other questions:
- I don't have an exact date for the international release yet I'm afraid but I can say that we're still on schedule for this first quarter of 05.
- The boss HackNet mob is still not yet complete. The trouble over Xmas (and a certain amount of anti-exploit work) has delayed that. Also, fixes first, then features.
- I'm trying to find out about the Asian launch and will get back to you with anything I can share.

You may be interested to know that I'm also currently arranging access to the Launcher tool which I'll keep updated with significant events, news etc. That's also something people have been crying out for so I think that's good progress right there.

Finally, I'll try and do a roundup like this every 2-3 weeks but in the mean time I'll always be here if something changes quicker than that.

N

Tratos
26-01-05, 13:43
thanks for answering my Qs Mist0r Nidd :)

also good to see the witt is still there :p

LTA
26-01-05, 13:43
Well good to see some communication at hand anyway, if what you say is the whole truth and not company lies to calm the community then gg it's a start at least lol.

As for wow euro killing nc nah no way, i talk to a-lot of ex ncers who been playin wow and a few are startin to say how they are gettin bored of wow and an anology that was put by a friend about returning to nc

"i have been thinking about nc lately, but nc is like an ex girlfriend you still wanna go back and screw her then she talks and you remember why you left her"

So maybe some fixes of the old bugs and imo content for all levs not high leet capped levs

Siygess
26-01-05, 14:19
Not that I'm not pleased to see a status update you understand, but do you guys have any information on the "accessories"? You know, that feature that KK stopped talking about when the associated element vanished from the armour window during beta?

Richard Angelus
26-01-05, 14:26
wow,

good work Nid....
not all the news are good, but much better than no news

Jesterthegreat
26-01-05, 14:43
people who dont like the setting of WoW will possibly try the unmentionable MMO which starts its beta on monday...

so yes some improvemtns have to be made before everyones gone to a new game.

MkVenner
26-01-05, 15:13
friday actually, 28th :p, thats just open tho, beta started a while back....

Terkantia
26-01-05, 15:42
Nibb . .

I <3 j00!!!

Er, wait . . . .

Nidd.

Yeah, Nidd, thas what I ment.

(listens for ICBM whine . . .)

:lol:

On the serious side. I couldn't think of anyone better to be the liason than you. Mad props to KK on their choice and I do have an anti-xray suit you can barrow.

I guess the reason I think you'll do well is that I can see ya dealin with teh dev team kinda like ya deal with us. And that I really appreciate. =)

landofcake
26-01-05, 15:49
Well ... great stuff Nid ...

I used to think of Nid as some sort of giant, mad and crazed destruction robot hell bent on destroying everything, but now i almost see him as a happy helping community transformer ...

Anyway, i've been having some issues with the hair on one of my characters, in that the back of it keeps flickering on and off and generally being bugged. Is this a game/driver/my pc bug or something related to the databases that could be 'fixed' by the GM's ? If not could they just turn off my hair ?

Cheers

Ascension
26-01-05, 16:09
Not that I'm not pleased to see a status update you understand, but do you guys have any information on the "accessories"? You know, that feature that KK stopped talking about when the associated element vanished from the armour window during beta?

this "pak_rpos_armor1.bmp" was patched in which removed the Accessory slot. The fact is the code is still there for it, Im only guessing they hid it for now just so people dont got confused. Maybe they will bring them back!

Who knows? :)

MkVenner
26-01-05, 16:57
yeah, but it is weird there was just no mention of it at all lol

Dribble Joy
26-01-05, 20:33
High level sex towards teh nid.

//sorry I can't post anything more cohesive, I got out of bed 45 mins ago after getting home at 7:30am after a truely legendry pissup and walk home. I feel like shite.

//edit: Ok here goes.

Trade Spam

A spam filter was implemented as part of the DOY expansion but it is not currently enabled due to some early issues. The filter works by simply choking the input to one message every few seconds and I'll be checking on its progress until the problem is resolved. Until then can I ask that you all please use the OOC channel instead of trade or you could get yourself into trouble with our GM team. Thanks for your cooperation.

Weeee!

WOC Items

Though things like item tracking etc. are obviously more important, WoC is of great importance/intrest to me, especially it's balance.

WoC should not be an essential part of the game, and definitely not required for PVP. As much as I support reward for putting in effort (Eg. lvling time) and sacrificing things (Eg. speciallisation), WOC should remain a nice little bonus.
For that reason, the idea of items for WoC does not sit well with me, unless they are no different from regular items but with an additional feature, but them even that could prove to be too good and 'overpower' those with it over their non-WoC counterparts.

As I have said many times in many threads, I would much prefer that WoC was actuall skills that the character possesed, rather than an item they can use. They are WoC skills after all. I've been working on a number of them that I am sure could easily be implemented.

Retro V
26-01-05, 21:56
woc 5 = 0 si , forevar !!

Jesterthegreat
26-01-05, 22:00
friday actually, 28th :p, thats just open tho, beta started a while back....

actually friday is start of download time... open beta starts monday :p

and yeah i know closed has been goin on for a bit, a clannie was in the first phase. he said it sucked, but its worth a try even so

MkVenner
26-01-05, 22:25
actually friday is start of download time... open beta starts monday :p

and yeah i know closed has been goin on for a bit, a clannie was in the first phase. he said it sucked, but its worth a try even so
yeah i never make my mind up based on other's opinions...

BradSTL
27-01-05, 02:48
Nidhogg, I'm a little concerned about the case-by-case thing on the haircut fixes. For one thing, you and I both know that won't fix the other database problems, will, like the one that's causing character faces not to show up in the character selection screen? And yeah, I have to agree with the people who really, really weren't OK with having to wait for a GM to get all three of my broken character models fixed. The times I've needed a GM, the average wait was 1.5 to 2 hours, and that was before this idea of dumping several extra hundred GM requests into the queue the same weekend came long. It's just not practical, you don't have the volunteer manpower to handle it.

Were either of the two following ideas tested and ruled out?

(1) All of the characters with screwed up heads are characters that existed on December 22nd, at least one day before the server crash that caused the problem. Why can't a simple database query compare the character records from the last backup before 12/22/04 to the current database status? If the names match, assume it's the same character. (If you want to make sure, include a check for any one random category of XP, like maybe DEX, having more XP now than it did on the 22nd.) Or, if you've got a unique character identifier key that's irrelevant of the name, use that. Anyway, once you've got a key match from the 12/22/04 backup, set the fields in the active model for character model, hair model, and so forth to match the ones in the backup.

(2) If there's some reason why that can't be done, I know you've got code laying around that lets characters select a haircut from an HTML user interface, it's already built in to the character migration tool. How hard would it be to build a tool, and make it available for a limited time, that would let characters use a variation on that user interface to edit the haircut on any character that wasn't currently logged in?

naimex
27-01-05, 04:31
I agree with Brad, just get the clothing thingies to work, and make them able to change haircuts aswell.

Seven
27-01-05, 04:33
Yep, that sounds good if possible.

superfresh
27-01-05, 07:51
Respect Nidhogg and all, but seems ridiculous that you will have to submit a ticket to get your hair back. Ridiculous is an understatement.

Actually I don't get any of this. You have an imperfect product. You have a rabble of supportive Westerners an Europeans, who are innately your only marketing mechanism since (at least) across the Atlantic there simply is no other means of advertisement other than word of mouth. So you pick the whole project up and move it to the Far East?

A few months ago someone posted a video of a kid in Japan slamming the hell out of some musical pad bashing game. The dude is a gaming virtuoso. I can only assume that the folks over there are very discerning gamers and may not be as privy to bald dudes shooting roaches as the rest of us. Not to mention that the Far East is a mogul of technology and might not take well to NC2 in its current state. The rest of Asia is either economically under par or engaged in what is probably the most controversial war in history.

Are the servers there going to be localized or are they going to have the opportunity to do what what most enthusiastic players do, which is to log onto the most popular server? If they have that option, can it not be said that they will simply run into the same issues that everyone else does now?

We're going on like the third month here that implants don't fall out, and so on. In all honesty, I don't remember there ever being so many issues all at the same time and that went this long without getting fixed.

SF

Dr Strange
27-01-05, 09:54
Not a troll post, but if we have to go on a "case-by-case" basis, I'll seriously consider moving to Mars. It may be 1 slot and a language I don't speak, but Mars rarely has problems afaik, the most users and the quickest support.

As the last couple guys said, it's ridiculous for us to wait that long. Yea I know we didn't want a rollback, that's great we didnt have to get one. But at the same time I am sick of looking at blurry shadows on my login screen, and seeing 10x models exactly the same in TH all wearing green and pink pants. You figure at average of 300+ people on Terra, 4 characters for the majority that's probably at least 900+ characters to fix I'd wager.

I'm sorry but "entering the weekend queue" for that rough amount is fucking outrageous. It's been over 31 days and you have no excuses. 5 days after Christmas till New Years, ok we gave you the holiday week, hell we let it slip 2 weeks. Then the "illness" thing. Ok, that can work. 8 guys working together in a house, you're bound to pass around a cold or flu now and then. But the rest? Losing one guy simply cannot mean almost 5 weeks of delay on graphical corruption fixes.

Jesterthegreat
27-01-05, 14:28
ill certainly not quit the game / server over a shadow on my login screen :rolleyes:

infact since im running DX7 this bug means i can actually see my chars details (even if the class is wrong :p)

LTA
27-01-05, 14:33
ill certainly not quit the game / server over a shadow on my login screen :rolleyes:

*agrees*

Even my char lookin like everyone dosent matter since when i wear pa its no diff, not only that but does it matter that much??
maybe its just me who's played to many mad rpg games with chars that look a lot dodgier than the nc ones do lol

Jesterthegreat
27-01-05, 14:36
*agrees*

Even my char lookin like everyone dosent matter since when i wear pa its no diff, not only that but does it matter that much??
maybe its just me who's played to many mad rpg games with chars that look a lot dodgier than the nc ones do lol

my only char that wheres PA is my monkey :p

melee spy... hc pe and cst whore dont :D

Nidhogg
27-01-05, 16:36
It's clear to see that waiting for the Rokkwear terminal is not an option for many people so we need to do something in the meantime. Writing a quick email with your account, character and server to helpdesk isn't really going to task anyone unduly and the fix will be very quick in operation. We can come to you wherever you are and fix the problem within a few seconds. We might even do it by in-game call ticket when push comes to shove.

As for the Asian release. Remember, the only impact on this release for us was that we spent a few days bringing some guys up to speed with the day-to-day operation of a Neocron server, and that's it. The rest of it is all handled by 10t and is not putting further work pressures on the team. BTW, I suspect it's unfair to judge the entire gaming contingent of the most populous continent on the planet by an MPEG of some kid playing a bemani game. ;)

N

[VP]Orion
27-01-05, 16:48
As for the Asian release. Remember, the only impact on this release for us was that we spent a few days bringing some guys up to speed with the day-to-day operation of a Neocron server, and that's it. The rest of it is all handled by 10t and is not putting further work pressures on the team. BTW, I suspect it's unfair to judge the entire gaming contingent of the most populous continent on the planet by an MPEG of some kid playing a bemani game. ;)

I dont think people in general really care so much about how popular its gonna be in Asia. More about how much money its gonna generate so you in turn can hire more programmers. Indirectly this of coz means how popular its getting of coz though.
Its quite obvious that the major problem with NC is that things get fixed/developed too slow. Sure, I can imagine that the few programmers you have are working their asses off, Im in no way complaining on them not doing their job. Its just that you simply need more programmers do develop the game and fix the bugs/exploits faster for us to be happy :) Hence, if NC generates alot of cash in Asia you could hire more programmers and fix bugs faster so everyone that left the game coz they was bored of the game developed too slow, can come back and the game can flourish really well.

Dribble Joy
27-01-05, 17:26
I'm only concerned that the new players from Asia (who, no offence have totally different attitudes about games from European/UK/US players), may have too much clout when it comes to the game's orientaion, balance etc.

Ozambabbaz
27-01-05, 19:20

N

This is not the only impact. Every day that goes by, lessens the chance of QA getting to gripes with class/weapon balance issues and getting somebody at KK to understand this.

Releasing the game on another continent also contributes to this, only heightening the repercussions of making any crucial gameplay changes for an even bigger market.

Balance is an issue, not an option.

BradSTL
27-01-05, 21:28
... Writing a quick email with your account, character and server to helpdesk isn't really going to task anyone unduly ...
Yes, it is. It's going to task your already too-few volunteers on the help desk unduly. But OK, I sent off my email.

Now, I'm afraid I know what's going to happen when/if I ever do get contacted. The GM is going to ask me which numbered haircut I want, because, after all, we all know what number goes with what haircut, right? Oh, wait, no we don't. Sure, in theory, we could use unused character slots and count clicks. If it comes to that, is the first one that shows up zero or one? But I don't think that's going to be reliable, because I have two male spies, and the last time I tried this, when I created the second one it started at the choice I'd picked for the first one, which threw my numbering off.

So if we're going to have to be contacted while we're in the middle of playing by some GM who wants to know /right now/ what numbered haircut to put on this character, and is somehow going to be willing to change it right then, then wait the minimum 36 seconds it takes to log in another character, teleport to where that character is, change that one, and then repeat that process up to two more times, he or she is not going to be very patient about waiting while we look up haircut numbers, and not going to want to flip through all of them, not with another 800 requests in the queue.

So will you please, please, please at least get the art department to put up a web page somewhere for all 8 combinations of race and gender, showing all of the haircuts and their identifying numbers?

Nidhogg
27-01-05, 22:21
We haven't decided on the exact procedure since we're still waiting on the patch, so please don't make that call just yet. I'll post full details on how it will be handled when we're ready to go.

N

Seven
28-01-05, 01:25
Man I'm liking this new communication that's going on. :cool:

superfresh
28-01-05, 04:29
I suspect it's unfair to judge the entire gaming contingent of the most populous continent on the planet by an MPEG of some kid playing a bemani game. ;)

N

Well don't get all sensible...

hegemon
28-01-05, 06:38
Orion']Hence, if NC generates alot of cash in Asia you could hire more programmers and fix bugs faster

Rule number one when leading software development projects is: "nine women don't give birth to one kid in a month." Adding people to a project doesn't make it move faster, in most cases it makes it slower. The only thing it does is to broaden it (meaning you can do a few more things at the same time, at the cost of doing them slightly worse and slightly slower).

retr0n
28-01-05, 10:04
Rule number one when leading software development projects is: "nine women don't give birth to one kid in a month." Adding people to a project doesn't make it move faster, in most cases it makes it slower. The only thing it does is to broaden it (meaning you can do a few more things at the same time, at the cost of doing them slightly worse and slightly slower).

Your serious? So your telling me, that 1 programmer is the ultimate solution? And
that 2 will make things move slower and the outcome will be worse? Come on,
that's a load of BS. They could do separate things, instead of 1 guy having to
work his ass off, and since he's so overwhelmed (sp?) with work, the outcome
is not the best anyway.

The important things here is planning. Set goals and try and acomplish them,
leave everything else aside (exept for exploits and need-fix-now-now stuff)

jernau
28-01-05, 10:48
He's not saying take it that far. He's saying that throwing more people onto a project can be the worst possible thing to do.

I suspect that the NC code is pretty hairy by now so any new people will actually slow things down for several months before they start to make any improvements (assuming they stay that long and are good enough which is often not the case unfortunately).

That said I would think they need another few people in there even if it does cause problems in the short-term simply because the game at the moment needs an enormous amount of work done on it.

Dribble Joy
28-01-05, 11:34
Depends on how they use their new coder.
If they use him as a dogsbody, to sort out basic stuff so that Codi can get to grips with the trickier things, then even in the short term it could be a great boost. In the longer term, he will have learned NCs mess of coding and will be able to work on anything.

If they fling him in at the deep end, KK could fuck things up seriously.

It's like any management project, and very similar to engineering. Too many people working on the same project is really bad in most cases.

hegemon
28-01-05, 11:48
Your serious? So your telling me, that 1 programmer is the ultimate solution? And
that 2 will make things move slower and the outcome will be worse? Come on,
that's a load of BS. They could do separate things, instead of 1 guy having to
work his ass off, and since he's so overwhelmed (sp?) with work, the outcome
is not the best anyway.

Too hard to read all I wrote? "You're serious? So you're telling me that "slower and the outcome"? How can you say that? It doesn't make any sense. That sentence no verb."

More programmers broaden the scope of a project. If the project consists of only many independent parts, then adding people to the project will make it move faster. Simply because the speed here is measured in how many small independent parts are finished. Real projects never just consist of independent parts. In most cases, programming projects are a tangled mess of prototype code that was never meant to be more than just a proof of concept. Change one part and all other parts must be fixed. The coordination between programmers is very hard, very expensive and the number one reason why so many projects fail and/or go over budget.

Adding more programmers to KK will certainly give us more features in the future, but I really doubt that it would speed up the implementation of the few key features we really need right now.

And another thing worth thinking about is that the cost of adding a programmer to a team isn't compensated by his productivity until he has been working for 3-12 months. The cost (and I mean primarily cost in time he's taking from the other members in the team) of training, mistakes, added coordination, etc. is huge. There is no better way to delay a late project than to add people to it.

ps. Holy shit! I just read what I wrote and I'm scared. I'm starting to sound like a manager. Soon I'll grow a tie, start dressing in a suit and play golf. I really need a new job where I can go back to hacking.

Maester Seymour
28-01-05, 12:12
hmm. I think fixing the bugged characters on a case by case basis could take a LONG time. I mean, i dunno bout everyone else but i think all 8 of my characters are fucked one way or the other. Whether its by being bald or wearing the wrong clothing. Thats gonna take ages to fix, not the process itsself maybe, but goin around every single person and all their characters. o_O

As for this communication thats goin on so far, i agree with Seven. Tis very nice to see. ;)

Dribble Joy
28-01-05, 12:27
One important factor is whether the chars can be fixed by GMs when they are not online.
They can allready move chars and do other things.
If players submit a hair number (list provided after patch), then the GMs simply have to spend time typing names into their tool and changing things.

THE_TICK!!!!
28-01-05, 12:54
hmm. I think fixing the bugged characters on a case by case basis could take a LONG time. I mean, i dunno bout everyone else but i think all 8 of my characters are fucked one way or the other. Whether its by being bald or wearing the wrong clothing. Thats gonna take ages to fix, not the process itsself maybe, but goin around every single person and all their characters. o_O

As for this communication thats goin on so far, i agree with Seven. Tis very nice to see. ;) i kinda got out of what he said is case by case basis AFTER the patch...meaning the patch will try and fix it..and should/hopefully will fix most of it..just maybe some luckless individuals will have to use the GM ask fix...

THE_TICK!!!!
28-01-05, 12:57
We haven't decided on the exact procedure since we're still waiting on the patch, so please don't make that call just yet. I'll post full details on how it will be handled when we're ready to go.

N bleh i fookerd it up

Jesterthegreat
28-01-05, 14:14
dont forget that even with the best planning the new coder will prolly need at least some training with the stuff specific to NC.

hopefully once he settles in there will be an improvement.

LOST
28-01-05, 16:36
wasnt the GM visit only meant for the people with models on (or in ?!?!?) their heads ?

the rest of us bald, lycra suit wearing folks must wait for the rokkawear surley ?
..that the mighty Iorghe had nearly finsihed you say....

Mr Kot
28-01-05, 19:58
So will you please, please, please at least get the art department to put up a web page somewhere for all 8 combinations of race and gender, showing all of the haircuts and their identifying numbers?

Until they do, here are all the male Private Eye models:

http://www.davesdrivertraining.co.uk/Neocron/chartransfer.jpg

I'll have the number 1 back and sides please :angel:

MrChumble
29-01-05, 17:10
I leave for a few months to do Other Things, and when I finally come back all my chars are green PEs. It's not quite the inspiring return to the game I was hoping for, but at least they made Nid a community liaison, so it's not all bad.

Spermy
29-01-05, 17:13
I leave for a few months to do Other Things, and when I finally come back all my chars are green PEs. It's not quite the inspiring return to the game I was hoping for, but at least they made Nid a community liaison, so it's not all bad.

Ello there pal :)

Kierz
31-01-05, 14:35
I just need to know whether there is any plan's to bring back a one-slot international pluto-like server in the future... the atmosphere of 4 slot server's just isn't the same, and I find it funny seeing more and more english (etc) players on mars that can't speak a word of german, they're purely there cause it's the only one slot server :/

edit: <3 Nid

jernau
31-01-05, 14:39
they're purely there cause it's the only one slot server :/
Most are there because they don't like wearing furniture on their heads actually.

That or to avoid the random ganking and allied-killing on Terra.

sanityislost
31-01-05, 17:58
Most are there because they don't like wearing furniture on their heads actually.

That or to avoid the random ganking and allied-killing on Terra.

Allied Ganking isnt as bad as everyone is making, only been attacked/killed by a
Pro-city about 5 times....really wish people would stop bitching about this.

If the same person is attacking you alot, ever think you did something to piss
him/her off? :p

jernau
31-01-05, 18:11
Allied Ganking isnt as bad as everyone is making, only been attacked/killed by a
Pro-city about 5 times....really wish people would stop bitching about this.

If the same person is attacking you alot, ever think you did something to piss
him/her off? :p

I wasn't bitching or speaking of my own experiences. I was debunking a rather silly claim that most people are moving to Mars for it's single-character aspects when this migration has only really gained pace since the problems (technical and otherwise) on Terra became such a major issue.

sanityislost
31-01-05, 18:39
I wasn't bitching or speaking of my own experiences. I was debunking a rather silly claim that most people are moving to Mars for it's single-character aspects when this migration has only really gained pace since the problems (technical and otherwise) on Terra became such a major issue.

lol soz dude, i kinda misread, twitched n typed ....my bad :p

Tratos
31-01-05, 18:52
Im aware everyone at KK are busy busy people but just out of curiosity could you give us some news on the whereabouts of some people? :p

Holger - He was around alot before November time but seems to have faded away from the commuity can we expect some news from him soon?
RatBoy - Looked promising when he took the role of Theme Week guy but then as quickly as he appeared he was gone again and then dropped a message and was gone once again at the beginning of the year, any news on him?

Thanks much if you can answer Mr Nid im sure the community are wondering about this.

Jesterthegreat
31-01-05, 18:58
Im aware everyone at KK are busy busy people but just out of curiosity could you give us some news on the whereabouts of some people? :p

Holger - He was around alot before November time but seems to have faded away from the commuity can we expect some news from him soon?
RatBoy - Looked promising when he took the role of HackNet guy but then as quickly as he appeared he was gone again and then dropped a message and was gone once again at the beginning of the year, any news on him?

Thanks much if you can answer Mr Nid im sure the community are wondering about this.

Ratboy has left his post afaik. we got nid as community guy now.

Tratos
31-01-05, 19:00
Ratboy has left his post afaik. we got nid as community guy now. I thought that was RatMan as comm rep? Isnt RatBoy a junior project manager or something in charge of Theme Weeks?

EDIT: Doh had HackNet instead of Theme Weeks in my earlier post, changed it

Jesterthegreat
31-01-05, 19:02
I thought that was RatMan as comm rep? Isnt RatBoy a junior project manager or something in charge of Theme Weeks?

EDIT: Doh had HackNet instead of Theme Weeks in my earlier post, changed it

i think your right actually.

my bad :p

Nidhogg
31-01-05, 19:42
Yep, RatBoy's still responsible for Theme Weeks, I'm just here for the general two-way communication stuff. Holger's been fighting to get the PayByCash option up and running which wasn't a simple job. ;) With the exception of the sad news of Iorghe moving on everyone is still gainfully employed. Our new coder will be starting in the next few days, too.

N

Tratos
31-01-05, 19:57
Cool thanks much, i think i can remeber somone saying that a plan file was going to be appearing from Holger soon, could you confirm this?

Nidhogg
31-01-05, 20:04
Cool thanks much, i think i can remeber somone saying that a plan file was going to be appearing from Holger soon, could you confirm this?
Check the first post on this thread. ;)

N

Darkener
01-02-05, 07:46
New patch coming in after the new coder arrives ? or is it a surpise ready to pop out when we bitch whine and moan enough to shut us the fuck up before wow hits europe?

Dr Strange
04-02-05, 01:53
Niddhog, can you ask the devs this question or find an answer for this:

Can the in-game ignore list for each character be set to an unlimited number? It is a real hassle when your ignore list has a set limit and its filled, theres no way to ignore other users at that point other than turning off all channels you have turned on, and even then you cannot turn of Local.

Clownst0pper
04-02-05, 04:52
Just curious...

What happened to Iorghe ?

MkVenner
04-02-05, 04:58
he's moved onto pastures green :(

Seven
04-02-05, 06:32
He's designing new huds for the military? :p

Engelke
04-02-05, 12:00
Terra Model Corruption

That sounds great but i will go to Kosovo the 13/02/05 and will first return the 31/08/05. When are you launching the patch and when can i get my hair back then?

Tratos
07-02-05, 00:42
Just a couple more questions:

What are the plans for the currently closed areas in the game? are they being reworked to be reopened or just forgot about?

When will the new NC2 merch be available? since we all suggested lots of stuff.

Nidhogg
07-02-05, 01:29
Just a couple more questions:

What are the plans for the currently closed areas in the game? are they being reworked to be reopened or just forgot about?

When will the new NC2 merch be available? since we all suggested lots of stuff.
Some areas (such as PP clubs) will be re-opened in the next patch. Other areas, such as the zoo, still have work to be completed and will come along later. I suspect merchandising isn't at the top of anyone's list right now but I'll add it to my list.

N

landofcake
07-02-05, 01:36
I still want a poster and a mouse mat ;)

Dr Strange
07-02-05, 03:36
id pay for some cool action figures

a nice sized Grim Chaser figure/statue for example. get it done to the size similar to those of the Sentinels or A.P.U's from the Matrix line of toys and you'd have a hot seller.

Rogue Arson
07-02-05, 03:48
id pay for some cool action figures

a nice sized Grim Chaser figure/statue for example. get it done to the size similar to those of the Sentinels or A.P.U's from the Matrix line of toys and you'd have a hot seller.

I'd prefer a life sized drom. Anatomicly correct of course....

Don't judge me :(

Asurmen Spec Op
07-02-05, 04:35
Some areas (such as PP clubs) will be re-opened in the next patch. Other areas, such as the zoo, still have work to be completed and will come along later. I suspect merchandising isn't at the top of anyone's list right now but I'll add it to my list.

N what about wargames?
I mean you could just coppy the NF2 zone rename it and remove the voice ads(if there are)
and bam all doy are happy as horney bunnies

Ninjano2002uk
07-02-05, 09:11
sounds good, I heard Woc disks were not dropping bugged etc, I hope Woc is sorted out soon / offers really good stuff as it give everyone more of a goal to playin nc to powerlevel oops level :rolleyes:

Jesterthegreat
09-02-05, 14:25
Yep, RatBoy's still responsible for Theme Weeks, I'm just here for the general two-way communication stuff. Holger's been fighting to get the PayByCash option up and running which wasn't a simple job. ;) With the exception of the sad news of Iorghe moving on everyone is still gainfully employed. Our new coder will be starting in the next few days, too.

N

may be an old thread... but i used the link in the Reakktor Postings thread :p

what about the guy who went for surgury ages ago (HoneyPot was it?)

i dont expect details or anything, but i dont think we ever heard if it went well and if hes back?

jernau
09-02-05, 14:38
He didn't come back. IIRC that was all we were told.

Jesterthegreat
09-02-05, 14:38
He didn't come back. IIRC that was all we were told.

aha... must have been when i wasnt forum whoring :p

IceStorm
10-02-05, 23:43
Is there any timeframe for when we can expect our characters to be fixed on Terra? I've got 16 characters that are all corrupted in one way or another. I'd like to get them fixed sometime before the end of 2005...

Tratos
11-02-05, 00:31
Is there any timeframe for when we can expect our characters to be fixed on Terra? I've got 16 characters that are all corrupted in one way or another. I'd like to get them fixed sometime before the end of 2005...
If memory serves; once the next patch is done if some things dont happen the GM team will then go around and fix all chars manualy.

IceStorm
11-02-05, 01:42
Yeah... I'm sorta hinting that I want to know if there's an ETA on what was last posted.

Sammson
11-02-05, 04:39
ETA: Before International release, as close as you're gonna get.

IceStorm
11-02-05, 07:59
ETA: Before International release, as close as you're gonna get.You're a helpful one, aren't you? If you don't know, don't bother answering.

I posted in this sticky thread (instead of starting a new one) to see if Nid or another KK member had any more up-to-date information. It's been over two weeks since the update thread was posted...

-Demon-
11-02-05, 11:10
You're a helpful one, aren't you? If you don't know, don't bother answering.

I posted in this sticky thread (instead of starting a new one) to see if Nid or another KK member had any more up-to-date information. It's been over two weeks since the update thread was posted...

LoL thats probably all you will get out of nid as well.

Atm they are working on the int release to try and get all the features like item tracking in which they should of done before releasing it to us...who knows when a patch is coming and what it will screw up next when it does come heheh :lol:

Sammson
11-02-05, 21:24
Heh, well my sincere apologies

Toilet-Duck
15-02-05, 15:19
Any update on paypal yet? Or a rough idea when it will be ready to use?

Capt. Rik
15-02-05, 15:46
Any update on paypal yet? Or a rough idea when it will be ready to use?

When did they announce PayPal?? :confused:

aKe`cj
15-02-05, 18:34
When did they announce PayPal?? :confused:
when they announced the PBC deal, it was also stated that they are still working on a possible paypal-option via PBC

darkservent
24-02-05, 15:36

N

And what about that famous haunted castle called regents in the swamps. You should really just destroy it if you are never ever gonna open it.

Seven
25-02-05, 02:31
And what about that famous haunted castle called regents in the swamps. You should really just destroy it if you are never ever gonna open it.

Shhh, that's for Neocron 3. :p

naimex
25-02-05, 02:33
Shhh, that's for Neocron 3. :p

actually neocron 3 is the new tokyo thing.. theres hardly gonna be any regants legacy in there.. they have to open it up just before they release that thing.

Jesterthegreat
25-02-05, 03:40
i believe we are kind of assuming that NC3 would be tokyo (unless you got linkage to the facts?)

:edit: hell maybe tokyo and nc make ships for irata... and somehow doy manages to aquire the plans for a better one. nc and tokyo go to irata, but doy beats them there with their hyperactive drive...

a 3 way battle on a new planet...

who knows tbh

Dribble Joy
25-02-05, 03:56
They could at least put all the muties back at regants.

I would love to see the NC world expanded to the rest of the world and Neo-Tokyo and Red Terra. I just wonder what would become of the OPs in the small area back between the two cities. Would anyone bother about them anymore?