PDA

View Full Version : Community Liaison Initiative

Thanatos
25-01-05, 18:00
To improve the flow of information between the community and Reakktor, we have decided to assign our valued and experienced Lead Moderator Nick "Nidhogg" Milner as official Community Liaison. Nidhogg will act as communication interface between You, the community, and us, the development team, which means he will collect the community's concerns and forward them to the appropriate people in the development team. As Nidhogg does not speak German, he will have Hans - Robert "Robert[GS]" Schliestedt as German speaking assistant. Robert will translate Nidhogg's official announcements into German and will forward the German community's questions, wishes and criticisms to us.

All statements published on the official forums by Nidhogg and Robert[GS] in their positions as "Community Liaison", will have been authorized by us and are therefore to be considered as official statements from the Reakktor Media GmbH concerning the product "Neocron 2".
Robert[GS] will be using a special account with the name "Hermes" to make his official statements easily identifiable and provide him with the necessary authority. Nidhogg will keep using his Lead Moderator account, as it already provides him with the necessary authority.

Congratulations to both of you :)

MkVenner
25-01-05, 18:03
wow, sweet, looks like a step in the right direction... :D

//edit- yeah i think nids the man for the job

giga191
25-01-05, 18:04
Wow didn't see that one coming :eek:. Couldn't think of a better man/machine for the job. Gratz

Seven
25-01-05, 18:07
Awesome!!! About damn time too.

BTW, when does this officially start?

Tostino
25-01-05, 18:07
Good news :)

Spermy
25-01-05, 18:11
Erm, does this mean we'll get a real announcement about PBC/Patches/Server status/headbug fixes/kitchen sink at some point? :angel:

Riddle
25-01-05, 18:16
Erm, does this mean we'll get a real announcement about PBC/Patches/Server status/headbug fixes/kitchen sink at some point? :angel:

Exactly!

Re-organisation of information distribution to the community is great but where is the information :confused:

p.s. Does this mean no more witty comments from nid? :)

Ozambabbaz
25-01-05, 18:22
congrats, good luck, and get your PM box quadroupled plz :D

Tratos
25-01-05, 18:27
Cool, i had noticed Nid seemed to be the bringer of info over in the annoucement forum :p

Nice move although i hope the information is maintained at steady flow without any droughts.

LiL T
25-01-05, 18:28
This is welcoming news indeed and congrats to Nidhogg I think he is just the man for the job. At least now we know what he says is going to be official :)

Dribble Joy
25-01-05, 18:28
Hmmm...

LOST
25-01-05, 18:35
kinda what the nid was doing anyway.
If posting actual information or just posting his opinion he always stated that.
-helpful little guy that he is.

also hoping the smart ass comments and tough line moderation doesnt change with the new title :D .

Vanten
25-01-05, 18:38
I really wanna know more about the kitchen sink and so on...

Tostino
25-01-05, 18:39
SHIT! Nid is a storm bot!! That mean is geting payed fianly?

athon
25-01-05, 18:40
Action speaks louder than words...

And god only knows why KK need to appoint someone to remind them of the features they wrote on the website that we'd have in NC2

Athon Solo

Riddle
25-01-05, 18:44
Action speaks louder than words...

And god only knows why KK need to appoint someone to remind them of the features they wrote on the website that we'd have in NC2

Athon Solo

Love that SIG reminds me why i upgraded to NC2......ermmm...

Ministry
25-01-05, 18:48
well done to both people for there promotions.

lets hope we do see a improvement in the communications now.

at least on the english side, its always seemed like Nid was an unoffical/semi offical source of info for long time when no KK were around it was the nidderator on call.

so i recon as long as KK pass the info to him(and the community give him whats needed to relay to KK) we should see progress.

cant comment on Robert as not really followed the german part of community, but lets hope hes as committed to this as Nidhogg seems to be.

Nidhogg
25-01-05, 19:08
Thanks for your comments. :) I do have some information to impart and I'll do so later on today, never fear. I'll also talk a little about how I want this process to work to make it easier for everyone to be up to speed with events without having to trawl through hundreds of threads I may have posted on.

I'm looking forward to working with Robert as he's dedicated and enthusiastic (even I with my limited knowledge of the German community can see that!) so he will be my eyes and ears in that department.

As many of you have no doubt noticed, I've already started to get to grips with my new role - perhaps people will believe what I say now - those people who believe anything that's posted by a STORM-bot, that is. ;) I'm hoping that continuity, a constant presence, and an understanding of what is happening behind the scenes will help keep you all a little happier in future.

Please don't hesitate to PM or email me here on the forums if you have any questions. I promise I'll do my best to answer (2861 PM conversations so far and counting ;) ).

N

aKe`cj
25-01-05, 19:11
cant comment on Robert as not really followed the german part of community, but lets hope hes as committed to this as Nidhogg seems to be.
Afaik Robert[GS] is a highly motivated candidate with too much time to spare :p
..apart from that, I understand that Nid's going to be the man for KK <-> Com information-flow... and Robert will translate Nids statements into German as well as keeping him up to date with issues of the german nc-com part. Therefore I'd say, Nid is the one who needs g'luck ;)
.... and imo Nid is the choice for this task. His actions & statements so far make me believe that this second attempt will be more successful... not saying Ra-TM-aN did bad a t all... but without getting an open ear at KK // getting fed infos, he couldnt do the job properly. I do hope KK learned from that and doesnt make the same fault again !

Maester Seymour
25-01-05, 19:17
All sounds good to me, i just hope it actually works as intended.

Congrats to Nid. :)

darknessfairy
25-01-05, 19:27
Congratulations Niddeh!

Now that i presume you are gettin paid, maybe i can have that 5 bucks i lent you? heh

It's nice to see something happening, the game and the community and KK/10Tacle advancing.

I just hope that the community will respond in such an enthusiastic manner that you have to the job.

-DF-

p.s will you have enough time to slam your ban hammer down as much?

Nidhogg
25-01-05, 19:32
p.s will you have enough time to slam your ban hammer down as much?
I will maintain my role as lead mod, but with a heavier hammer. ;)

N

Crest
25-01-05, 19:35
Cool Nid,

A promotion and still no pay ....
Sounds like my company ......

jini
25-01-05, 19:35
Congratulations to both for these positions, allthough i don't see the point (Nid will draw in the blackboard in KKs offices what we say in here?). I thought we have themeweeks for that or no? What about ingame support tickets? Anyway I really hope i am wrong and things will improve faster than they are now, while we wait for some clarifications from Nidhog

msdong
25-01-05, 19:46
nid's a storm .. grats

seems like he was sick of just closing out threads ;)

Tratos
25-01-05, 19:46

N
And your old one wasnt heavy enough :p although it was probably dropping to bits from so much bannage :p grats Niddy and does the STORM av come with some cash or is it just to go with the shiney new hammer? :p

ex-machina
25-01-05, 19:48
THIS CAME AS SUCH A HUGE SHOCK! I never saw this coming at all... Never... Not a bit...

Comie
25-01-05, 20:18
lord have mercy, niddys gone from a copbot to a stormbot!!

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

gratz man, may the hammer fall swifter and may the trolls burn easier

QuantumDelta
25-01-05, 20:19
Congrats for them formalising what you already do :p

It'll be interesting to see with it formally recognised though it might improve things.

Thanks for the good work so far DuDe :p

aKe`cj
25-01-05, 20:26
Anyway I really hope i am wrong and things will improve faster than they are now, while we wait for some clarifications from Nidhog
I dont think that the game-developement will speed up notable by this CL-thing, as nid is not involved with acctual developement...but I do hope we'll get a little more insight as far as
- why things take longer than expected
- more update of the current progress (ratboy stated nothing completed -> no news for us... while I think lil bits of info inbetween ease the pain of waiting..)
- 'maybe'... a slight increase in com-influence on the dev-progress

Kozmos
25-01-05, 20:31
im stupid ignore me, delete post

Spermy
25-01-05, 20:50
im stupid ignore me, delete post

Must... resist... urge... to ... comment...

Must... refrain... from... excessive use of... elipsis...

Gah...

Xylaz
25-01-05, 21:26
mmm... community liaison... another try...

we'll see... we'll see...

LiL T
25-01-05, 21:36
Well I have full faith this will greatly improve comms its basicly the same as eve-online's way of doing things. If thier community has a question it will get an offical responce from a MOD who is fed the info from the DEV's and this works very well. I'm sure niddy will do a great job at it too so we need not worry about that :)

Though I still beleave they should have updated info on the main website I don't think its getting any fresh info on it.

Selendor
25-01-05, 21:36
Congratulations Nid. How do you like your new armour? ;)

Thanks for all your work so far with Neocron, and I'm sure the community appreciates the time you give these forums. I hope your new appointment doesn't make you the focal point of 4 years built up frustration, although I think that even if its bad news, actually having the news is a step in the right direction.

Sel

paolo escobar
25-01-05, 21:37
fantastic guys, this is great news.

Congrats :)

LeoPump
25-01-05, 21:41
Nice... =)

Congratulations, Nidhogg & Robert ;o)

Lexxuk
25-01-05, 21:46
iirc, official = gets paid, ohh, working for KK now hey, tut tut, that mean your not going to sneak onto your normal account to flame ppl like I've seen you do? ;) :angel:
/edit - and coz u'll be busy you should make me a mod too!! :angel:

Spermy
25-01-05, 21:53
iirc, official = gets paid, ohh, working for KK now hey, tut tut, that mean your not going to sneak onto your normal account to flame ppl like I've seen you do? ;) :angel:
/edit - and coz u'll be busy you should make me a mod too!! :angel:

No offence to either parties, but I always had that funny feeling Nid and Jernau were the same person ...

:confused:

Sorry - you two are just so alike! :lol:

Capt. Rik
25-01-05, 21:55
Congrats Nid - this is good news.

I share the same concerns as everyone else though... will KK let you give us regular (weekly/daily) updates?

Lexxuk
25-01-05, 22:02
No offence to either parties, but I always had that funny feeling Nid and Jernau were the same person ...

:confused:

Sorry - you two are just so alike! :lol:

heh... no, jernau is not niddy :p but I know who niddy really is (not sayin though :p)

/edit - btw, jernau is really gotter ;)

QuantumDelta
25-01-05, 22:38
Because no one else does? :rolleyes:

Edit;
lol, I've seen that once or twice before...

Lexxuk
25-01-05, 22:41
I'm sure a few people do, in fact I know a few people do, some from the time Niddy closed a post on his normal account hehe, however the majority do not know Niddy's normal account.

sanityislost
25-01-05, 22:52
congratz nid, gotta say you deserve it mate :)

SiL ..:..

Lexxuk
25-01-05, 22:55
congratz nid, gotta say you deserve it mate :)

SiL ..:..

no, he deserves to be spanked for cross posting :eek:
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=122003&page=3&pp=15 :lol:

Dr Strange
25-01-05, 23:12
yay?

So...news on Terra?

jernau
25-01-05, 23:21
Good to see it officially confirmed at last.

How many jobs do you do for KK now Nidd? It's at least three by now but you're not doing the typing yet are you?

Cerbious
26-01-05, 00:14
congrats Nid, plz hassle em for as much info as poss :D

hmm u could even pretend to with hold info from comunity, make people sweat a little, then get them all to send u money for a PM of the info.. the info would ofcaorse be that: 'KK suspect somone is making money out of withholding then selling information' ^^

just a idea. :angel:

Nidhogg
26-01-05, 00:41
How many jobs do you do for KK now Nidd? It's at least three by now but you're not doing the typing yet are you?
Lol, funny you should say that... ;)

N

jernau
26-01-05, 00:47
Lol, funny you should say that... ;)

N
Something tells me that means your first announcement involves the manual....

Nidhogg
26-01-05, 00:49
Something tells me that means your first announcement involves the manual....
Actually I already said something about the manual, but it's probably a good idea to restate it.

N

Dr Strange
26-01-05, 01:30
btw

how the fuck do you pronounce your name?

nigh-ed hog

nidd-hog

nigh-ed hogue

nidd-hogue

stop me if im getting close

Tratos
26-01-05, 01:34
btw

how the fuck do you pronounce your name?

nigh-ed hog

nidd-hog

nigh-ed hogue

nidd-hogue

stop me if im getting close
Ive always used Nid - Hogg if thats any help :p

Lexxuk
26-01-05, 01:52
Nidhogg or Nidhoggr is the Dragon, which inhabits the underworld Niflheim {dark world} in Norse mythology.

The name Nidhogg has been variously translated as 'striking full of hatred' and 'dread biter'.

Living by the root of Yggdrasill the World Ash, in a pit of serpents, Nidhogg feeds on the bodies of the dead at Hvergelmir {the bubbling cauldron} the spring in Niflheim which is the source of the rivers of the world. When not feeding upon the dead Nidhogg gnaws at the root of Yggdrasill and sends taunting messages to the eagle perched in its high branches via the squirrel Ratatosk. Ratatosk in turn brings the eagles taunts back to Nidhogg.

In the act of gnawing the root, Nidhogg joins the four stags Dainn, Dvalinn, Duneyr and Durathor who graze the leaves and bark of Yggdrasill higher up.

Nidhogg rises at Ragnarok, bringing up the corpses of the dead to join battle. The dragon however survives to continue its existence in the new order that follows. Sources have suggested that Nidhogg's continued presence in the new world is to provide an evil balance to the new good. This could simply be an aspect of the christian projection of the dragon as evil and I leave the reader to decide in their own mind.

so "Dragon Boy" fits :p

Nidhogg
26-01-05, 02:14
Could even be Nee-thock for all I know - strange pronounciations sometimes. Nid will do though. :)

N

Lexxuk
26-01-05, 02:28
dread biter... got more of a ring to it :p

paolo escobar
26-01-05, 02:37
wow, sweet, looks like a step in the right direction... :D

//edit- yeah i think nids the man for the job

Yeah he's built a good rapore with the ppl imo

Xeno LARD
26-01-05, 04:17
Nice new avatar and sig niddeh!

naimex
26-01-05, 14:05
Congratulations Nidhogg, and Robert :)

Momo Katzius
26-01-05, 14:39
Nidhogg, can you give a short statement, what is not your job?

So, people around here will know, what they should not expect from you. Espeacially the stuff around events and ingame content is not your point, or?

Brammers
26-01-05, 15:40
Congratulations Nighogg! If I got my facts straight, you are taking over from Ratman, the last Community Liaison person?

I was first concerned that someone would be appointed, then we would hear nothing from them.

However as I can see, you done an update already, and also with your postings on the Terra problems and PayByCash I don't see that as a concern!

Keep up the good work!

Fire's Child
26-01-05, 16:30

N
Hmmm....Nid, did you swipe Mjolnir from Thor for this job?

:p

naimex
26-01-05, 16:40
Hmmm....Nid, did you swipe Mjolnir from Thor for this job?

:p

only a fool fears Mjöllnir over Niddy´s Hammer...

Comie
26-01-05, 17:03
only a fool fears Mjöllnir over Niddy´s Hammer...

damn straight Thors an amature in comparison to Niddy

(and for those who dont know where the name is from and what niddhogg is "The monster serpent, hid in the pit Hvergelmer, which for ever gnaws at the roots of the ashtree Yggdrasil. Yggdrasil is known as "The World Tree "which supports the universe. The tree is a place where the gods judge and continually gnawed on by the dragon trying to destroy the universe." almost norse mythology tis scandanavian tho)

Fire's Child
26-01-05, 17:16
From infoplease.com's dictionary:

Nid•hogg

Pronunciation: (nēd'hôg"), [key] (http://www.infoplease.com/pronkey.html)
—n. Scand. Myth.
a serpent in Niflheim who gnaws upon the lowermost root of Yggdrasil. Also,Nid•hugPronunciation: (nēd'hœg). [key] (http://www.infoplease.com/pronkey.html)

Hope this helps with how to say it. ;)

naimex
26-01-05, 17:20
From infoplease.com's dictionary:

Nid•hogg

Pronunciation: (nēd'hôg"),

is that to mean its pronounced..

nedhoeg ?

that damn soundlanguage is practically russian :(

Momo Katzius
27-01-05, 10:22
is that to mean its pronounced..

nedhoeg ?

that damn soundlanguage is practically russian :(
Nope, that "soundlanguage" helps you to learn spanish and french and even german very well. If you know, how to read that stuff, you can speak everything. ;)

Retro V
27-01-05, 10:34
so Nidhogg rhymes with bed-robe..?

Sir ramic hobbs
28-01-05, 01:01
Can i ask the Liason officer about puberty?

[TgR]HusK
28-01-05, 01:13
Congratulations!

I can not think of a better person for the job, though in all honestly, I really think your job(s) need payment (as I was told they are not paid), anyway, that should offcourse not be my concirn, aslong as your doing fine.

Congratz again.

-Husk

Seven
28-01-05, 03:06
S.T.O.R.M.-Bot = getting paid AFAIK