PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek MMOh dear o_O

sanityislost
25-01-05, 17:19
Found this lil piece of info about a Star Trek MMO being made.
Could just be me but i think its going to be pants.
Newbs are gona be red shirts who die on there first mission.
in game support is prolly gona be in klingon (fuck knows on spelling).
the RP is mostly gona be some twat trying to type with a stutter, while the rest
of the server shouts "har har i sunk your battle ship...pwn'd!"

i knew this day would come sooner or later, was just hoping for alot later :/
all we gotta do is wait on a buffy mmo.....im betting we will hear about it in a
year or so :p

clicky (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/24/news_6117009.html)

SiL ..:..

Oath
25-01-05, 17:22
Hrhrh.

"Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- Kirk
"I am not aware of anyone who fits that description, Captain" -- Spock
"No, Mr. Spock, I didn't think you would be" -- Kirk

HARHAHR WE KAPWNED JOOO HRHRH WE ARE TEH 31337 DOMINION HAHRHAHRHAR FU KOS!!epepepe

Spermy
25-01-05, 18:07
ARRRR!

NEEEEEEEEEEEERDS!

NOES!

*smackars wiff hammar*

eLcHi
25-01-05, 18:12
Hmmm, Star Trek is carebear-world isn`t it ?

LOST
25-01-05, 18:19
i have a clingon :(

oh no wait.........:o
shh !!!!!11111

sanityislost
25-01-05, 19:19
Hmmm, Star Trek is carebear-world isn`t it ?

think its gona be, tho if they did have some kick-ass pvp going that would be nice :p

Crest
25-01-05, 19:39
Wouldn't that be nice, telport with out Synap ... I am all for trekk ...

Tratos
25-01-05, 19:48
lol NERF teh trekkie stuners.

It'll be like para all over again, gentle men, set your weapons to stun, lol

LiL T
25-01-05, 19:51
Games that are based on films and stuff = sad such as matrix-online and only simple braindead freaks would ever have fun playing them. These games allways seem to get big advertisment, which kind of makes me want to throw up cos it just shows the type of people who would play it. People like 40 year old wifes with 3 kids who spend all there time getting people banned for bad langage and complaining about PKers etc

Nikabolokov
25-01-05, 20:25
Or people that are interested in Star Trek. Its far more than Films and TV series....

Heaven forbid some might actually want to role-play.

Just suprised its taken so long before someone made one.

QuantumDelta
25-01-05, 20:26
Can't be worse than SWG:JTL.

Lexxuk
25-01-05, 20:31
Or people that are interested in Star Trek. Its far more than Films and TV series....

iirc, the people that made star trek kept a very tight leash on the MMORPG world because they wanted to control the star trek universe, an MMORPG they would not have much control over content and stuff.

A Star Trek MMORPG will be bigger than SWG, it will be massive, multiple planets to explore, space ships, space stations, the ST universe is massive compared to the tiny SWG one, so ya, ST would r0x0r :p

I R BORG U R DEAD!

Spermy
25-01-05, 20:42

You sir, are talking out of your arse.

Sorry. But Star trek? Bleh...

*Imagines what it would be like to see the collective chances of ever touching a woman of half the males in the known world, all flying out of the same window at the same time*

Lexxuk
25-01-05, 21:24
seriously Spermy, Star Trek is massive, for instance, google..

"star trek" = 7,320,000
"star wars" = 14,600,000
"world of warcraft" 3,610,000
"everquest" 4,450,000
"lineage" 4,740,000

So Lineage (the biggest MMORPG ever) manages 4.7 million pages (not taking into account lineage is an actual word) star trek 7.3mil, ok half of Star Wars but still a huge amount!

And for those interested..

"sailor moon" 1,750,000
"sailor moon" hentai 752,000 :lol: :lol: :lol:

LiL T
25-01-05, 21:26

Just suprised its taken so long before someone made one. I like star Trek...

But an online game based on it is purely for the money :rolleyes:

I can see it now nerdish teens saying WE ARE BORG LOW YOUR SHIELDS SURENDER DER DER ROFL SHIPS !!!!!!!11111111111 one one
no thanks .... o_O

Lexxuk
25-01-05, 21:35
Well, I'm pretty sure the Borg would not be a playable race, possible races would be Federation, Klingon, Ferengi, Romulan, Cardassian, as they are pretty much the only ones in the Alpha Quadrant, the Borg are from the Delta Quadrant so to include them as a playable race would be impossible due to the fact they are 60k light years away.

Borg could however be a high level dungeon where you have to fight past all the drones to get MC5 chips, but then there is politics as well, Federation/Romulan ties are very weak, so spying is rife, Carassians recently at war with Federation, hated by Klingons, Fernegi a trader race, so it does have huge scope. You could even just end up beaming down to planet X and mining dilitium crystals to sell on the open market :p

/edit

http://boards.startrek.com/community/messages.html?act=SF;f=15 the forums for the game!
http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/gaming/online/index.html
official faq :p

What will you do on the holodeck?
Relax, train, or perhaps engage in PvP competitions with players networked from all over the galaxy.

Spermy
25-01-05, 21:38
Meh, even so, it has massive "I'm never gonna get laid" potential...

Edit...

Hehehe! I gotta register there.. this is funny stuff.

LOST
25-01-05, 22:08
What happens if I die?
If the ship's sick-bay is intact, you will revive there after which you can either rejoin the battle or transport back to your away team. If the sick-bay has been captured or destroyed by an enemy you will revive once it has been recaptured or repaired.so the 1337 Ub3r h4x0r will take all the med bays and leave everyone dead for ever :lol: .

Nikabolokov
25-01-05, 22:20
Mehhh, not all of us are in our teens you know.....

Spermy.......................... I feel sorry for you... by your reasoning someone who played an ST mmorpg would be hard pressed to get laid, but someone who plays NC would have no trouble??? just what does that brings to the discussion anyway??

And LiL , how many games are not made for the money nowadays??? Yeah profit will be a big factor for them, but unless the game appeals to Trek fans/MMORPG players then they wont see any profit.

Sigma
25-01-05, 22:25
Can't be worse than SWG:JTL.

I'll second that.

P.S.: HA HA! @ your sig. :p

QuantumDelta
25-01-05, 22:42
I can be naughty sometimes too :p

While we're on the topic of other MMOs - how's butcherblock doing?

Sigma
25-01-05, 23:00
No idea m8.

Stopped with EQ2 about 1-2 months ago, am playing PS atm.

Just as I expected, I couldn't subdue my bloodlust after all.

:angel:

QuantumDelta
25-01-05, 23:23
:lol: PS?
Pfft.
Get yourself Tribes:Vengeance :p

Spermy
26-01-05, 00:34
Spermy.......................... I feel sorry for you...

A lot of people do! Believe it or not, I'm really a nice guy in RL :lol:

by your reasoning someone who played an ST mmorpg would be hard pressed to get laid,

I blame stereotypes :)

but someone who plays NC would have no trouble???

I'll let me women do the talking on that point. As will various other NCers...

*Pokes bob*

just what does that brings to the discussion anyway??

Meh... I just have a distinct loathing for ST :p And Given it's widespread popularity, you can't really disagree that a lot of people worldwide are going to be missing some serious daylight hours when this comes out.

Meh, I blame stereotypes myself but I can't help but think of a trekkie and cringe :p Nothing personal, just the way I feel :angel:

Sigma
26-01-05, 00:37
:lol: PS?
Pfft.
Get yourself Tribes:Vengeance :p

OMFGWTFBBQ!!?!􃣡

R U DIZZING ME GAEM??哌

Although I have to admit T:V was quite ze phunneh.

Xeno LARD
26-01-05, 01:30
OMFGWTFBBQ!!?!􃣡

R U DIZZING ME GAEM??哌

Although I have to admit T:V was quite ze phunneh.

Do you have stairs in your house?

Sigma
26-01-05, 02:13
Do you have stairs in your house?

No. .

Terayon
26-01-05, 08:47
So anyone who likes star trek is automaticly thought of as a pimple faced teen or anunemployed guy living in his parents basement? Star trek is decent. The one at the space station is terrable, and so is voyager, but all the other TV series where good. Some of the movies where realy good to.

People who class others as a loser based on a single fact about them is ignorent. You know those people who want to ban all forms of violence in videogames becouse they think it corrupts children are? Ignorent. Its like my parents telling me not to play more then 2 hours of computer a day becouse its bad for me, yet watching 6 hours of tv they are completely fine with. All of its ignorance, and i hate it.

counter-strike 4,280,000 and its only been around since 99 :lol: Half-life got 8,580,000.

Jesterthegreat
26-01-05, 09:20
counter-strike 4,280,000 and its only been around since 99 :lol: Half-life got 8,580,000.

only been around or only been retail?

jernau
26-01-05, 10:57
Hmmm, Star Trek is carebear-world isn`t it ?I know you couldn't kill your own players in the quake-clone Voyager POS a few years back. :(

@Lexx - Try putting in "Lineage" in Korean ;).

/edit - anyone else notice the phrase "FPS" in there? Maybe there is hope....

/edit 2 @Terayon - DS9 was probably the best of the lot.

Spermy
26-01-05, 14:09
So anyone who likes star trek is automaticly thought of as a pimple faced teen or anunemployed guy living in his parents basement? Star trek is decent. The one at the space station is terrable, and so is voyager, but all the other TV series where good. Some of the movies where realy good to.

People who class others as a loser based on a single fact about them is ignorent. You know those people who want to ban all forms of violence in videogames becouse they think it corrupts children are? Ignorent. Its like my parents telling me not to play more then 2 hours of computer a day becouse its bad for me, yet watching 6 hours of tv they are completely fine with. All of its ignorance, and i hate it.

Oooooh what have I started? :o Chill lil buddy.

:angel:

sanityislost
26-01-05, 18:13

Lol wasnt really going all bitchy at the people who watch it, i simply think the
game is going to be one of the worst ideas ever. :p

btw DS9 was the only good series lol

Seven
28-01-05, 08:40
http://pc.ign.com/articles/545/545392p1.html?fromint=1