PDA

View Full Version : THUNDERBIRDS ARE...... wake me up before you gogo?

Dribble Joy
25-01-05, 03:22
I.... aquired a copy of the Thunderbirds film that came out a while ago.
In all likelyness it will be shit, and it is for the most part so far.

I paused it at one point during a particuarly naff scene, and got this....

//edit, the video type is playing silly buggers with me trying to take a snapshot on my comp, you can try to look at this (http://server2.uploadit.org/files/muffdemon-thunderbirdponce.jpg), but dunno if you will get anything. Needless to say it was funny.

How much makeup does he have on? What the fuck is with that expression?
He looks like Dame Edna Everage and George Michael's bastard son.

I shall update thee on this... 'gem' as I continue to watch.

Omnituens
25-01-05, 03:24
in order to screenshot a movie, you have to turn video overlay off (you can do this in VideoLan)

naimex
25-01-05, 03:26
its late, mistakes are allowed :p

Dribble Joy
25-01-05, 03:47
in order to screenshot a movie, you have to turn video overlay off (you can do this in VideoLan)
It's even later, how do I do that?

Omnituens
25-01-05, 04:00
get video lan (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/) then go settings, enable advance setting (lower right corner) then select video, and disable video overlay. you should be able to printscreen it.

BTW, VLC is the best playback software out there. it'll play ANYTHING. damaged files, .bins, .cue, anything. hell it could probably play .TXT if you asked it nicely.

Xeno LARD
25-01-05, 04:18
It looked shit, Busted did the theme tune (Write the theme toon, sing the theme toon, lol) so I didn't bother.

LOST
25-01-05, 15:15
BTW, VLC is the best playback software out there. it'll play ANYTHING. damaged files, .bins, .cue, anything. hell it could probably play .TXT if you asked it nicely.
agreed. i discovered vlc when my dad got his mac and wanted a player. got excited when you can load ripped vob's. VLC is a tasty little player.

darknessfairy
25-01-05, 16:00
It looked shit, Busted did the theme tune (Write the theme toon, sing the theme toon, lol) so I didn't bother.

lolz (yes i ham literally laughing out loud... [MacBeth was a norty maannn, he goned and killed anova maan. I got a good idea, wont you keep me near, ill be so good for your SCOTTISH PLAY!]

ahem...

it does look shite i must admit, not my sorta film, luckily busted have erm... busted :p

E. Cryton
25-01-05, 16:02
thunder ... birds ?
all i know is ... thundercats

sanityislost
25-01-05, 16:12
Thundercat > Thunder Birds :D

would be kinda cool to see them battle it out :p
Yea the film does look really crap, tho with that said i wana see team america.

SiL ..:..

Omnituens
25-01-05, 16:54
thunder ... birds ?
all i know is ... thundercats
ive got them all...

Keep your foot off that blasted samophlange!

(someone at blizzard is a thundercats fan)

Dribble Joy
25-01-05, 17:49
I allready had vlc, but the pause function isn't quite as good as that one Realplayer (Blasphemy!!) so I can't get the screenie of it.

Anyway, to the film.
What became evident is that it is clearly a kids film, but has no capacity for adults really.

That aside, we get to the actuall machines themselves.
Thunderbirds, 1, 2, 3 and 5 look quite cool, and pretty much as they did in the series, Thunderbird 4 was.... was my favourite, the bastards ruined it!
It's all round ish and looks like a diving bell, pah.
The Firefly was shite, it had a foam cannon on it, and was open topped, how on earth are you supposed to drive into the middle of a burning oil well and put it out in that?
Then there was the 'Thunderizer', which looked cool. Clearly some form of fuck off laser cannon, I was expecting some form of massive blast and lightshow when they fused it to cut a door.
But no. It fired a group of about 20 little poxy lasers from close range, no dramatic effects, sounds all after a big lead up to it's use. Pile of arse.
The mole was quite cool though.

Tratos
25-01-05, 18:07
the mole = win

But Thunderbird 2 god rest its sole, imo they completly bum fucked it, looked shite, lol the original = win tbh the new one was two round and jet like rather than its former shaply uber self.

"I'm an escaped convict on the run,
i've won the lottery and im having fun,
im running much to fast,
cant escape from the past,
i'll be so good for....

LUCKY RUNNINGS

/Dennis Waterman

Little Britain = Win.

Spermy
25-01-05, 18:10
I love lil Den...

Specially when he has his ice cream. :lol:

E. Cryton
25-01-05, 18:12
ive got them all...

*sing*

thunder ..
THUNDER...

THUNDERCATS

i love it...

MkVenner
25-01-05, 18:13
little britain is the win fo sheezy

LOST
25-01-05, 18:24
shut up snarff *whack*

-insert funny little britain moment. "yah i know"

Xeno LARD
26-01-05, 01:35
-insert funny little britain moment.
How'd you get up there?
I fell :(.

Revslad
26-01-05, 10:57
ive got them all...

omni u talkin bout your pokemon colelction? :D

Omnituens
26-01-05, 15:29
omni u talkin bout your pokemon colelction? :D
no, im talking about what i posted about.

and i have all my letters in my post, unlike you.

Spermy
26-01-05, 15:33
Oh behave ladies... :rolleyes:

Revslad
26-01-05, 16:16
its ok, let the g33k have his outbursts :lol: