PDA

View Full Version : Is it me, or is some aspects of hacking slightly.. off?

Heavyporker
25-01-05, 03:00
I've been hacking since forever (NC1), and even when the world of HackNet opened up and monks were mostly shut out of it, I kept on hacking, same as before.

But I seem to notice this... if you hack a bot or something... the CounterMeasure AI seems... retarded in comparison to NC1 AI...

I mean, slower overall... and it doesn't even have the sense to ping the first open node it comes across that it has enough nodes for, but goes on to the last circuit that you pinged... so now if you were pretty quick and pinged your way down to the bottom of the hackscreen, it'd skip half the nodes on the way, even if they're clear, and try to ping the last node, all the damn way on the bottom.

WTF?

Cerbious
25-01-05, 03:05
i wouldnt argue, i have noticed it but helps with belt hacking :D

QuantumDelta
25-01-05, 03:34
Been like that for ages, it was like that in NC1 for quite a while IIRC.
Or, at least, it always did that to me.

You're quite correct, though, it's retarded.

MISS WHIP
25-01-05, 09:12
Mabye im wrong but i think it has being done like that on purpose to stop speed hacks and so that you need more in hack than before to hack belts...hence the slowdown in the hack....

Masentaja
25-01-05, 09:51
and the A.I difficult is compared to your skill I think, since if u have low hacking and try hack IE WB, it is sure hella faster than with 100 hacking :p

[urban legend] And if you have TL 150 tool, you have more nodes [/urban legend]

Kozmos
25-01-05, 10:03
and the A.I difficult is compared to your skill I think, since if u have low hacking and try hack IE WB, it is sure hella faster than with 100 hacking :p

[urban legend] And if you have TL 150 tool, you have more nodes [/urban legend]
You can move faster with a TL150 tool

Freaky Fryd
25-01-05, 11:32
Lies!
Or is it?

The slower speed in NC2 has pissed me off to no end...
Does your cursor move faster with a higher TL tool? If so, how significantly?

Selendor
25-01-05, 11:35
Woah, can someone confirm this?

IceStorm
25-01-05, 12:37
The easier it is for you to hack something, the dumber the AI becomes.

The AI moves pitifully slow when I've got seven charges and each charge lights up three to four connections. Conversely, it is very quick when I've got four charges and have only enough connections to meet the requirement to succeed at the hack.

Your own charge control moving slower is new to NC2 and is annoying as anything. I move no faster when I have 100 hack than when I have 30, so whatever that is, it's a constant.

zii
26-01-05, 16:49
Which is boring. Nice if it moved faster.

Heavyporker
26-01-05, 19:01
All right - I've got to check out this TL 150 tool, then, assuming it isn't too expensive. Anything, anything at all to escape this retardedness.

Retro V
26-01-05, 20:10
Listen!.....
hear that?
<jingle-jangle>
sounds like someone yanking your chain.