PDA

View Full Version : Neocron factions alliances

Inchenzo
23-01-05, 03:13
I'd like to know how many people would prefer having the old nc1 faction alliances instead of the Neocron 2 alliances, cos i think it would make things more interesting.

GO vote !

Revslad
23-01-05, 03:17
definetly :D

Vanten
23-01-05, 03:17
Maybe, because all anti-NC factions moved into DoY, and that changes things. What i don't really get is why TS/BD feelt so forced to leave NC :S imo they should be just as hostile/neutral to doy as to nc

Inchenzo
23-01-05, 03:18
btw, for the people who would really like this, pls rate this 5 stars.. pretty pls with sugar on top :angel:

Ministry
23-01-05, 03:18
i would ya, but the problem is the cities are already filled with killing, having say, TT and BT enemy to each other would have constant fighting in the city, the place would proberbly be more dead than the city is now

Inchenzo
23-01-05, 03:20
i would ya, but the problem is the cities are already filled with killing, having say, TT and BT enemy to each other would have constant fighting in the city, the place would proberbly be more dead than the city is now

you got a point there, might be an idea to discuss this further..

i'll get back on that problem

Ministry
23-01-05, 03:24
i mean id hate to be in the dome.

CS enemy to TS and FA
BD enemy to FA TG TS

place would be a blood bath.

it worked in NC1 cos of the safe zones, without them pking would be rampant and i fear it would reduce the population even more

Inchenzo
23-01-05, 03:28
i mean id hate to be in the dome.

CS enemy to TS and FA
BD enemy to FA TG TS

place would be a blood bath.

it worked in NC1 cos of the safe zones, without them pking would be rampant and i fear it would reduce the population even more

well some things will have to change

BD and TS would have locations in both Pepper and DOY
as they provide certain things (think veronique and drugs)

Crahn would have there location at pepper 3 opened again
and the yakarma shops would be back.

and in return some pro city factions would have some locations in DOY

... might be an idea

edit/ it would be more interesting story wise

ow and don't forget that FA would have there precious Tech haven back

Dribble Joy
23-01-05, 03:35
Ignoring my feelings about why they changed and whether they should have, I am unsure.
Assuming the storyline is the reason that they changed, then yes I currently support the NC2 faction relations, how it is implemented is a different matter.

Going back to before the events that created a vacant/defeated DoY, I don't know.

We assumed that there would be a DoY faction and what had happened since the Ceres War would be revealed.

The changes I would have made would probably be along these lines:

CM, as now in NC2, neutral to all but TG.
TG, still in the canyon, neutral to DoY, others as before.
BD, finally TS kicks them out of NC, DoY allows drugs anyway, so they are quite happy. Starts work as DoYs pharmacutacle (how the fuck do you spellthat?) worker.
FA, DoY's weapon supplier. Still in TH.
CS, kicked out of NC central area completely, only an underground existance, based in the OZ church. Main base is under the church in c06. Neutral to DoY as they are from Thor's home.
The city factions are mostly allied or neutral to each other. BT and TT are still at each others throats, decending into almost gang warfare.
TS and DRE do the same.
PP continues it's less than legit work, and with BD gone, has free run of the drugs market, which it secretlys controls via a puppet gang.
NExT becomes even more of an independant entity, takes over the old industrial areas of the city and sells it's vehicles to anyone. Strong links to the Mercs, but not direct allies.

Inchenzo
23-01-05, 03:40
don't forget, the beauty is that you can always change a story :angel:

but the current situation is that there's nothing going on with the story..

so changes could be made easily :)

Ministry
23-01-05, 03:42
ugh ya is there actually a story line anymore?

Dribble Joy
23-01-05, 03:43
DoY's original masters and inhabitants are gone, TT and BT are now allies.
You can't allways rewind.

Inchenzo
23-01-05, 03:48
DoY's original masters and inhabitants are gone, TT and BT are now allies.
You can't allways rewind.

bt and tt are neutral :angel: they can always fuck up again.

and with the DOY part, why are those guards called DOY guards ? and there's still loads of them DOY soldiers in the tunnels :) there's still loads of possibillites

ow and btw, how many people know the stroy line ?

Dribble Joy
23-01-05, 03:54
Hmmm..

Technically there is still a DoY faction, it's just like AB or the traderunion. I have a feeling KK would just make TG step into it's shoes and then CM would just end up being on the pro-NC side.

I just don't see how they could pull off a rewind without it looking like one.
Getting FA back in TH would be nigh impossible.

Inchenzo
23-01-05, 03:55
Hmmm..

Technically there is still a DoY faction, it's just like AB or the traderunion. I have a feeling KK would just make TG step into it's shoes and then CM would just end up being on the pro-NC side.

I just don't see how they could pull off a rewind without it looking like one.
Getting FA back in TH would be nigh impossible.

sorry dribble but FA never left Tech haven, just talk to the npc's :angel:

as i see it it would be very possible, and if kk needs help figuring it out, i'd love to help.

edit/ i think they should add the DOY faction as a playable faction

Dribble Joy
23-01-05, 03:57
I clean forgot about the TH FA stuff, doh. :P

Inchenzo
23-01-05, 03:58
I clean forgot about the TH FA stuff, doh. :P

i said sorry .... ;)

/edit NOOOOO somebody voted no... :( pls tell us why,.. pls pls pls

Dribble Joy
23-01-05, 04:01
/edit NOOOOO somebody voted no... :( pls tell us why,.. pls pls pls
Like I said at the start, I am generally very supportive of the current faction relations given the story line. A distinct rivalry is good. Implementation is another matter.

/edit: no I did not vote no. Jusy giving reason why someone might.

Inchenzo
23-01-05, 04:04
Thing is, personally i just don't like the whole red vs. blue thing, each faction had it's personality, now almost every faction is the same thing..

Dribble Joy
23-01-05, 04:14
I must sound like I am either constantly repeating myself and/or contradicting what I have just said.
I liked the old one given it's context and what we/I assumed was to come.
Given the context of the story as it turned out and other reasons listed in other threads, I support the current one.

I think that the new one can work, but due to the way people act and things, it's implementation (especially regarding ability to find ones enemies with releative ease (which you should not require, but has been proven to be so) and the consequences of your actions) needs to be altered.

Skusty
23-01-05, 17:41
Yesser... :D

Jesterthegreat
23-01-05, 20:25
yes. enemies in both cities and a complex faction relation systems wasfar better IMO (well there wasnt 2 cities then... btu you get the point :p)

BradSTL
23-01-05, 20:30
God, no. I hated the old faction system, it's on the short list of changes they've made since beta4 that I actually approved of.

All too common scenario before: You're in a team of people, all allies, running around the wastelands hunting. Someone who's red to you comes over the hill shooting. 3/4 of your team says, "I can't help you man, they're allied to me."

Do I wish that the Fallen Angels and the Tsunami Syndicate had kept their more-or-less neutrality? Yes. But I'm willing to pay that price to have the faction system work this much better.

LiL T
23-01-05, 21:14
There would be alot of pking it would be a warzone, but imo that could be funny as hell provided they moved some of the factions about. TS in pepper park it could be there little chill out area just how they wanted it back in NC1. BD well they could stay in DOY and the BD sector and have little battles with TG and FA or they could go into pepper park and cause some shit with TS ^^
Other factions I don't know but yes plz bring back old faction relations

Nasher
24-01-05, 00:56
Hmm I remember a lot of people saying the old system was to complex and didnt really surve much purpose, now that factions have alliences that matter and their own "turf", people want the old one back (which was full of holes and inconsistcies which are probable the main reason it was changed in the 1st place)

Jesterthegreat
24-01-05, 01:12
Hmm I remember a lot of people saying the old system was to complex and didnt really surve much purpose, now that factions have alliences that matter and their own "turf", people want the old one back (which was full of holes and inconsistcies which are probable the main reason it was changed in the 1st place)

but was it the same people?

not everyone complained about the old system and not everyone complains about this one. yet people say "the community" doesnt know what it wants. its not all of them not knowing, its different people wanting different things.

jerrymaguire
24-01-05, 01:14
The changes I would have made would probably be along these lines:

CM, as now in NC2, neutral to all but TG.
TG, still in the canyon, neutral to DoY, others as before.
BD, finally TS kicks them out of NC, DoY allows drugs anyway, so they are quite happy. Starts work as DoYs pharmacutacle (how the fuck do you spellthat?) worker.
FA, DoY's weapon supplier. Still in TH.
CS, kicked out of NC central area completely, only an underground existance, based in the OZ church. Main base is under the church in c06. Neutral to DoY as they are from Thor's home.
The city factions are mostly allied or neutral to each other. BT and TT are still at each others throats, decending into almost gang warfare.
TS and DRE do the same.
PP continues it's less than legit work, and with BD gone, has free run of the drugs market, which it secretlys controls via a puppet gang.
NExT becomes even more of an independant entity, takes over the old industrial areas of the city and sells it's vehicles to anyone. Strong links to the Mercs, but not direct allies.

H E L L Y E A H ! ! ! :D

This would have been alot better than "red vs blue" like it is now.

Inchenzo
24-01-05, 04:55

i for one was never FOR the whole new system, that's why i started this, and i actually don't know anyone who wanted a new system.. it was all KK's idea.

[TgR]HusK
24-01-05, 05:06
I'd prefered they bring down the faction count and change some hostilities here and there... but more in the line of NC1
2 factions per city, plus CM, FA and TG. Makes a total of 7 factions (instead of 11).
Storywise not difficult to do, more balanced because of low player count.
Then fun starts when they would add hackable control stations in each city zone aswell as the 3 other homes, MB, TH and Canyon (except one safezone in the absolute central trade spot of each city and home ~ CC, VR, THR, etc.), making attacking citys finaly possible and interesting. (offcourse reduce guards drasticly)

Also a system to even up the balance between the two citys a bit, would have been nice.

*sighs* ahhh... daydreaming and wishfull thinking =) I better stop now before I eat all my nails.

[VP]Orion
24-01-05, 12:11
What I hated in the old system was that my 2 only allies (Im TG) was at war with each other. That was soo annoying.

In the new system though it feels kinda useless to have so many factions. But if we were to remove some (as someone suggested), which factions should we remove?

The new system aint good. But atleast its alot better than the old one. Best would be some middleground. As many suggested, TG in canyon, FA in TH and so on. I'd hate to live in DoY with the old relations. Always warring, always fighting. It would be like procity in doy too with all allied PKing and that would really suck.

I personally like that TH is safezone now though. That way you atleast you kan do your tradeskilling somewhere without risk of getting killed. Without a safezone I would never bother about doing stuff for others and only make things for myself and my friends while hiding in my app.

Dribble Joy
24-01-05, 12:48
I never liked the idea to make the wasteland bases super OPs, partly because I live in one of them, but mostly because it just doesn't seem right.

Spermy
24-01-05, 13:57
Ish.

I'm all for intercity rivalry, But that doesn't mean the rivalries of old should just have been forgotten like they never happened.

I think that neocron city should be caught up in the rapid expansion of BT and Tangent, the city isn't big enough for the two of them, and the alliance should reflect that.

Not sure about the Angels but I feel that BT should be neutral to them, not hostile, seeing as I doubt BT would just throw away the valuable research just because CA kicked them out of the dome.

Oath
24-01-05, 14:15
Old rivalries are good, even in a huge alliance there are disagreements (hence allied killed. Note : not griefing)

I like the nc2 factions on the whole.

I don't like the idea of the super op's though, i admit it would have been fun "sometimes".

I agree with spermy too, The factions should have been thought over a LOT more.

athon
24-01-05, 14:58
TG should've returned to the canyon (they leave the conyon because it was bombed, and move into DoY - also just bombed - what is the point?)

FA should've been thrown out of TH into DoY at the beginning of NC2, but TH should never have been made a safe zone. This would have allowed the FA to reclaim it as they should do.

Who's keeping TH a safe zone anyway? The turrets which originally belonged to FA? Well FA would just reprogram them and improve them so CA couldn't hack them again.

As it is, KK have had to use safe zones to force a storyline onto the players, because the storyline just isn't viable any other way.

Also see my sig - as far as I'm concerned the gameplay hasn't been reorientated as per the plan files we were lead to believe were the factual lists of completed features for NC2.

If KK really were re-orientating the gameplay to be city-vs-city they never would have left some of the factions who moved to DoY as enemies to each other - at worse they would have been in an uneasy truce (Neutral).

But then again I think that the faction councils should be able to control the faction alliances (requires a majority of the council so that one clan can't put the whole faction into total war easily) - but then that might encourage roleplay and I'm not sure KK want that =/

Athon Solo

Dribble Joy
24-01-05, 15:29
If KK really were re-orientating the gameplay to be city-vs-city they never would have left some of the factions who moved to DoY as enemies to each other - at worse they would have been in an uneasy truce (Neutral).
Odd, I was under the impression that all the factions of each empire were all allied or neutral to each other.

TH was designated a safezone by (afaik) everyone (factions), as a tradearea.

Whether or not a trade centre is needed is debateable. Without it, intercity smuggling would be harder, which though cool, people in general would dislike, too much effort involved, might have to.. rp 8| .

athon
24-01-05, 16:45
Odd, I was under the impression that all the factions of each empire were all allied or neutral to each other.

TH was designated a safezone by (afaik) everyone (factions), as a tradearea.

Whether or not a trade centre is needed is debateable. Without it, intercity smuggling would be harder, which though cool, people in general would dislike, too much effort involved, might have to.. rp 8| .
If they're all allied, why do anti-city have to kill other anti-city for their epics? Not sure which factions it is, but I frequently hear requests for runners wanting other runners to kill for their epics on the alliance channel.

Athon Solo

MkVenner
24-01-05, 17:30
i alwys wondered wtf happened to all the hostilities, i probly missed the nema, but why did BD and Mercs just decide to be neutral? they've been fighting since forever, same for CS and FA, BT and TT, and BD and TS just make no sense as allies....besided BD and TS were never anti city, just anti city admin, the city was their hustle....weird...

any way, yeah, how DJ said, but the only problem there is there isnt actually anyone living in DoY except BD...:p

Dribble Joy
24-01-05, 17:46
Athon.
The epics are 'borked'. The rivalries between the different factions within each empire still exist, but are secondary to the main war effort. Either than or they havn't changed them to other factions.

BD and CM were only enemies because (as I see it) CM needed a second enemy. The reason for the hosility was a tad tenuous anyway.
It was resolved in a 1 one 1 combat between a member of each faction as the story goes, either CM won or it was a draw.

Cerbious
24-01-05, 19:59
TG should've returned to the canyon (they leave the conyon because it was bombed, and move into DoY - also just bombed - what is the point?)

ACE

I voted no cause i didnt like the old NC1 system.

The NC2 system however i wouldnt disagree could be worked into a much better system but just a matter of how. I enjoy (if u take allie PK's (grief) out of the picture) the city war and feel of the place.. like pro city sticking up for each other etc.

I dont like the idea of TH being a safe zone trading area, propper sumguling would be more fun where people would have to possibly secretly set up contacts within enemy city to sell their goods.

Faction Councils being able to have input on this would be interesting like if one month they allied..then something kicks off and Faction Council thinks it best to go all out war and crush the proberlem.. makes other faction enemy. Gives the player more control in the story line as for each sever the story line would be different. Only proberlem with all this would be instead of just getting OOC idiot PK clans a clan would take over a factions votes and council positions and force thier faction int war with everyone thus screwing RP up royaly.

ROZZER187
25-01-05, 22:40
maybe someone already mentioned this, but if crahn sector are underground (have there own place in nc) theres not really much they can do or many places to go if they cant go to plaza viarosso etc.

im not crahn btw, im fa ;p

tt and bt will be constantly killing each other, items will be harder to get from the fsm anywayzzz ive said no :D

i think the idea needs alot of though but i see where your coming from, the pvp is dead since doy came out

MkVenner
26-01-05, 00:11
dynamic faction alliances/nuetrality/hostility would be alot more realistic, be it on a runner by runner basis or on whole clan or faction basis....but without penalities for being red to everyone cept maybe CA and TG (to allow access) it wouldn't work...

Spermy
26-01-05, 00:39
In lamens terms.

Duuuude! It R fucked. It nevah coming back! NEVAH!