PDA

View Full Version : Rifle Spy Setup

Prom_STar
23-01-05, 01:07
Is this a good setup (base, no imps or armor) for a rifle spy?

Strength:
TRA: 25
HC: 100 (to gun some vehciles)
--or--
TRA: 100
FOR: 25

Constitution:
ATL: 40
BH: 75
Energy: 15
Poison: 15
XRay: 15
Fire: 15

Intelligence:
WEP: 145
HCK: 50 (for 'bots)
PSU: 50

Dexterity:
RC: 120
TC: 100 (for Obliterator)
VHC: 25
AGL: 25

Psi:
PPU: 30
PPW: 48
MST: 22

cMz
23-01-05, 02:33
MST is only a requirement for the spells. There is no need to go over the spell that you want to use.
If you only have 30 in PPU, you should not need more than 15 in MST, as the spell you can cast with PPU=30 only requires 15 MST.

With PSI, you need to find out which spells you want, and can, to be able to use.
I would aim for something around Crahn Heal Sanctum, as you can have both a heal and a heal sanctum running at the same time.
This means that you will only need MST=11. Put more into PPU and your spell will be a little more effective.

got-rage
23-01-05, 04:08
Do MST 31 and the rest in PPU under PSI, so you are able to use the tl25 shelter with drugs, that means u have to skill more under PSU though to get a decent psi pool

Prom_STar
23-01-05, 06:05
MST is only a requirement for the spells. There is no need to go over the spell that you want to use.
If you only have 30 in PPU, you should not need more than 15 in MST, as the spell you can cast with PPU=30 only requires 15 MST.

With PSI, you need to find out which spells you want, and can, to be able to use.
I would aim for something around Crahn Heal Sanctum, as you can have both a heal and a heal sanctum running at the same time.
This means that you will only need MST=11. Put more into PPU and your spell will be a little more effective.

I got that number by checking psi requirements on Sheriff-Hardy.de that's what i need.

Ozambabbaz
23-01-05, 06:40
i'll just post what skills you should set as minimum for a PvP usable setup, and leave you to finetuning as you see fit :) also the numbers i recommend are raw, pre imps and drugs

Strength
FOR: 75

Constitution:
ATL: 50
BH: 50
Energy: 50
Poison: 0
XRay: 0
Fire: 50

Intelligence:
WEP: 120
PSU: 75

Dexterity:
RC: 120
TC: 87
AGL: 50

Psi:
PPU: 56
PPW: 4
MST: 31

this is for a nightspider setup, thus being able to use the tl 25 Shelter psi module when needed. If you only wanna gun vehicles once in a while, you can use Beast, as it gives +25 HC and last 15 minutes while sitting down.

with 87 raw TC you only need an SF and a Distance Weapon 3 to get 100 TC.

and 50 Agl, 50 Ath is absolutely minimum unless you wanna die alot

Xylaz
23-01-05, 15:20
basically, what ozzambabbaz said, its a good starting setup.

though

75 resist force might be too litle if u dont use batqueen imps (total wtih imps should be around 90)

50 body health is definitely too low - even if u dont plan to engage in close combat, you will have too little hp to be able to survive most of the times. You should get at least 60+ body health (+moveon and exp heart of course - its a neccesity)

about fire - if u use inq armor, its too much, if u dont use it, u have to switch belt (and 50 is the required minimum)

high psi use is cool, but not really neccesary, i'm doing fine with 50 psi use as well (just need to wait a little more to recast shelter :p )

t-c depends on your imp setup, you will have to decide either on stealth 2 (90) or stealth 3 (95), obliterator is not worth it anyway (except some special tasks)

uzsjgb
24-01-05, 11:58
Lowest base PSU you can have and still cast shelter and basic resist 2 is 33. I have a base T-C of 83 and can use the Obliterator. At the moment, soon I'll have to skill 86, as I'll be switching imps. But I am deciding if I need the Obliterator, or if the points are not more wisely spent elsewhere. At the moment I am using the Obliterator to comfortably explore DOY and activate all the GRs, but when that's done, there is really no use for it. Stealth 3 is more than enough.

Bugs Gunny
24-01-05, 12:24
If you're going to be a sniper you don't need to spec for shelter.

SorkZmok
25-01-05, 00:25
If you're going to be a sniper you don't need to spec for shelter.
Great fun to just pop some drugs and get into close combat when you feel like it. FL really hurts if you can aim it up close. :)

Crest
25-01-05, 12:09
For Sniper,

Your main specs are
1) Cap your weapon.... Healing light is the current weapon of choice
2) Get a scope on it....this helps mega ....

And shoot
I have satyed away from drugging up till now, but I am considering do drugs to stay alive.....
Mainly boost PSI so I can drug for shelter.

I think its easier to spec a Rifle than a pistol. Also Pistol spies need to be faster....

I have 50 in fire, and use energy belt.... But the energy is not enough....

Here is one for all you guys to think about .....
Since stam boosters are instant... remove all from endurance (A wasted stat when using the negatives from PA), spec that else where and make sure you carry stam boosters .....