PDA

View Full Version : War coming to Terra?

CMaster
22-01-05, 05:25
Tech Haven Attacked!
War Declared!

Tonight, the trading centre of Tech Haven came under attack by a huge swarm of robotic creatures. From Mechbeetlesto hover eyes, sentinels to hoverbomber, they came in huge, deadly waves. Despite calls for assitance, only a handful of runners attended to fight off the invasion. Suffering terrible injuries and fighting valiantly, this small group of runner pushedback wave after wave of sentinels storming the ramp, and drove off dozens of hovereyes. At one point the enemies seemed repulsed, before a new, deadlier assault came.
http://optima-systems.net/linxsoft/fight1.jpg
http://optima-systems.net/linxsoft/fight2.jpg

Towards the end, a human was seen among the robots. Swiftly despatched as well, the defending runners were then surrounded by hovereyes. After defeating the last wave, a chilling message was found by one of the runners:
"You may have won the battle, but the war is only beginning. You have not seen the last of us"
http://optima-systems.net/linxsoft/message.jpg

This small group of runners (picutred below) endure most of the fight, although others were present earlier on in the Battle For Tech Haven. However, despite their fight to protect the supposedly Fallen Angels-controlled outpost, no reward was forthcoming from Tech Haven administration.
http://optima-systems.net/linxsoft/team1.jpg
http://optima-systems.net/linxsoft/team2.jpg

OOC Good fun - but whats next?

MkVenner
22-01-05, 06:01
There was a huge, almost army, of mutants come out of the NC sewers a coupla days ago, i helped hold em off, did i get paid? the fuck i did

Dr Strange
22-01-05, 06:51
;\

all the cool shit happens when no one is hardly around

thumbs up for some GM giving us somethin cool to do

thumbs down for player communication (i keep trade nc/doy/alliance/faction/ooc turned on and heard nothing of this)

Codrum
22-01-05, 06:59
You must have fallen asleep then, there were ppl on alliance and trade channels yelling for more to come. I think it was Heavyporker who first said anything about it on trade, at least thats who i first saw.

I have a few pics too, but im trying to find a image editing program to resize and convert them, they're currently 3mb BMPs :\

Xeno LARD
22-01-05, 07:35
You know when the server gets a restart, the ADMIN: messages come up. Can you annouce events like that? I don't read trade/ooc unless im looking for something.

Codrum
22-01-05, 08:28
Here are a few I got, no real good ones with hoverbombers and more hovereyes (there were a lot) :\

Was good fun though, first event I have ever been to. :D

Edit: Didnt realise you can only upload 5 at a time, i'll do the rest later, unless i can find a free place to host them.

Dr Strange
22-01-05, 09:37
You must have fallen asleep then, there were ppl on alliance and trade channels yelling for more to come. I think it was Heavyporker who first said anything about it on trade, at least thats who i first saw.

I have a few pics too, but im trying to find a image editing program to resize and convert them, they're currently 3mb BMPs :\

Well that's my own fault. No offense to porker but I do get tired of hearing about racing events or an auction or whatever so generally the peopel who run player events I really don't care about, I mute.

QuakCow
22-01-05, 12:19
bah..sucks that i went afk 1/2 through...was fun though

CMaster
22-01-05, 14:29
I shouted on trade to, as did a couple of others. Yeah, I saw you on trade, Dr. Strange - but you ignored it all. Ah well. and Mk Venner - this went omn for a lot longer than that mutant attack. We were fighting for at leastan hour and a half. However, if you missed it - we can only presume there is more to come. Yeah, was a good feeling being stood their - especially when the hover bomber went down.

Ascension
22-01-05, 14:32
If i was there I would of declared war on Pro NC :p

Spermy
22-01-05, 15:05
I would have turned up,

A) I was out.

B) Procity tend to PK all that moves at events like this.

=/

CMaster
22-01-05, 15:29
No PKing, no belt stealing - the 8 of us just defended the ramp. If you had turned up at something that was pro-city vs.DoY,well, you can only expect pking.

Spermy
22-01-05, 15:52
No PKing, no belt stealing - the 8 of us just defended the ramp. If you had turned up at something that was pro-city vs.DoY,well, you can only expect pking.

I expect it whenever TBH, and most of the time I'm right. Thats the one thing that puts me off this game.

Not bugs.

Not Nerfs

But other players.

Of which 75% are complete arses.

Notorious Fish
22-01-05, 16:57
Im sure your the nicest guy in teh entire world, Spermy.

Spermy
22-01-05, 17:19
Im sure your the nicest guy in teh entire world, Spermy.

:wtf:

Yeah. cause what I say here directly relates to real life. :rolleyes:

Skusty
22-01-05, 18:13
Events happends when you dosent notice any thing :p Well when it was the FA rhinos in nc1 before servercrash the admins did say messages as when server gets restart etc etc etc :D

Codrum
23-01-05, 04:57
Few more.....

Codrum
23-01-05, 04:59
And the last.....

CMaster
23-01-05, 05:28
Millitary Base now subject to attack

Today, following yesterday's assault on the rrading centre of Tech Haven, the City Mercs headquarters of the Millitary Base, favoured retreat for combatant runners came under attack. Hordes of mutants poured over from the hills to the East. An initally small yet ever-growning group of runners set themselves up at the bunker, often contested by small mutant or runner groups, as a stalwar defence.

http://optima-systems.net/linxsoft/bunker1.jpg

A large variety of enemies were seen - deadliest being the Ceres War Infantryman, and the subservient lieutnenants and soldeirs. Perhaps the strangest sights for the runners were the Soul Cluster swarms.

http://optima-systems.net/linxsoft/bunker2.jpg
http://optima-systems.net/linxsoft/bunker3.jpg

Most of the runners, numbering as plentiful as 30 were devoted in their defence,many dying several times at the hands of the Ceres war warriors. However some took this as an opportunity to fight among themselves.

The attacks eventually faded out. Rumours persist about a message, much like the one found at techhaven being dropped. However, no runner has yet come foward to state what message has been revceived,and it is feared that the messagemay havejust been dismissed as another blank datacube.

OOC Well, the attacks continue. First the plaza, then techhaven, now millitary base. I dided quite a few times tonight - the ceres mobs would shoot at me, doing no damage. Then it would all hit at once - and I would drop dead, normally behind cover. And I would reallylike to know the message - the plot behind the interests me.

trigger hurt
23-01-05, 07:16
I would have turned up,

A) I was out.

B) Procity tend to PK all that moves at events like this.

=/

funny, the last event I went to like this, it was DoY factions that turned up to PK and hack belts, not the other way around.

Hayt Scryer
25-01-05, 01:17
I took part in teh TH assult with my Hybrid Viz'Iger.

damn i died a few times, but only being lvl 25 thats to be expected lol.
The battle rocked, (thats me u can see using multi-bolt in the 3rd screenie from codrum, down the end of the ramp)

Sure beats hunting wabbits for an afternoon of madness and mayhem.

i'll post some screenies i took when i get out this hell hole called work

Hayt Scryer
25-01-05, 10:34
Ok,
Hell hole escaped, time for a few screenies
These are from the TH assult.

(names censored to protect the guilty)

zii
25-01-05, 13:45
I expect it whenever TBH, and most of the time I'm right. Thats the one thing that puts me off this game.

Not bugs.

Not Nerfs

But other players.

Of which 75% are complete arses.

War... dome vs., neocron. Expect to be attacked. I expect no less. This is how the game is meant to be. I always expect to be attacked, by anyone. It adds an element of fear and suspence to this game that others have yet to beat, yet... (PS. Its only a game.)

Idola
25-01-05, 14:01
War... dome vs., neocron. Expect to be attacked. I expect no less. This is how the game is meant to be. I always expect to be attacked, by anyone. It adds an element of fear and suspence to this game that others have yet to beat, yet... (PS. Its only a game.)

Game Master events aren't to be interfered with through deliberate Player vs Player combat. Unless it's specifically geared towards PvP, the "expect to be attacked" nonsense doesn't fly.

Dribble Joy
25-01-05, 14:02
A balance has to be struck when it comes to (potentially) storyline based events. PvP (or rather the inappropriate application of it) is not allways wanted.

Spermy
25-01-05, 14:29

Well, Duh.

*pokes*

/whisper I was complaining about organised events dude! :o

(PS. I know, thats why you don't see me getting worked up about stuff and whining 24/7, y'know Really I'm quite a happy bunny ;) )

(PPS. hehehehe... bunnies...)

Original monk
26-01-05, 15:35
i was wondring around with my /30 ish noobiespy at PP3 and i got caught up chatting/directing with someone .. ffcourse i loose focus of the area surrounding me and a sec later there is this big badlooking TGchar standing infront of me 8| i quickly say a prayer and close my eyes but euh ... instead of killing me he says sumthing in german wich i couldnt understand and gives me a propaganda cube o.O

pretty cool actually and i still got the cube but i dunno what or why it is for lol

well its sumthing diffrent then getting ganked lol :P

fun fun

Bugs Gunny
26-01-05, 16:02
We should go spread propaganda in the dome sometime.

Ascension
26-01-05, 16:12
We should go spread propaganda in the dome sometime.
step in the dome and ill kick ya teeth in.. :lol:

...only kidding m8 ;)

Bugs Gunny
26-01-05, 16:28
Ah, but we will :-)
Once our advertising thingies are ready we'll try to make it to the central dome and spread them amongst.... the corpses.

I soo want a screenshot of us at the central dome genrep

Ministry
26-01-05, 17:01
dont think you can fit a rhino in there tbh :p

and as for that TG handing out cubes, proberbly just full of lies about neocron.

they cant tell us how bad Nc is while they got holes in there roof and mad rat infestations :angel:

sanityislost
27-01-05, 07:28
There was another event a few hours ago in J-03, loads of ceres mutants and other thingers came to try and control the sector.

the freaky bit was when i died and loads of wee crabs spawned on my body Rofl :p
Think the one on my head musta been preggers or something haha.
All in all it was a great event. Thanx

SiL ..:..

MkVenner
27-01-05, 07:30
nooo, i keep missing all these thingies...

sanityislost
27-01-05, 07:34
nooo, i keep missing all these thingies...

Lol, aww poor MkV

SiL ..:..

CMaster
04-02-05, 02:40
Any event GMs care to tell if this storyline will continue?
And indeed anyone tell me what the recordable disk after the MB attack said? Pleeasse.

CaptainRynor
23-03-05, 17:11
chances are after international release we will see a bunch more of these attacks

No1male
25-03-05, 19:04
be great if there was one in about half an hour :)