PDA

View Full Version : HC tank runspeed

SorkZmok
21-01-05, 05:59
Right.
Is there a flippoint or what? Tonight i`ve seen hc tanks outrun pretty much everyone. No matter if they had a gun out or not, they were faster than me.
And it`s not just tonight, i`ve seen this before. Oh and it cant just be all con points in atl, i hit em often enough to figure that out. :)

What is this shit?

And whoever comes up with "hc tank runspeed needs a boost!", fuck off. Mc tanks need a runspeed nerf, thats it.

Darkener
21-01-05, 06:46
Actually run speed with a weapon out is slow unless you got alot of ath and agility and even then its slow but its how you act as a HC tank that counts. Move that fat ass and try not to get hit works a charm. Just because you got beat dont mean anything hc could be a smidge bit faster same. As for melee well they are carrying huge longswords and stuff should be a slight reduction in speed not much.

eprodigy
21-01-05, 07:12
^^ darkh is one speedy-ass tank :P

Tostino
21-01-05, 07:20
Darkh he dident get beat... we were in NF with a few ppl and this guy was the fastest tank I have ever seen... And I am a PE with a total of 230 agi/ath

SorkZmok
21-01-05, 07:32
Actually run speed with a weapon out is slow unless you got alot of ath and agility and even then its slow but its how you act as a HC tank that counts. Move that fat ass and try not to get hit works a charm. Just because you got beat dont mean anything hc could be a smidge bit faster same. As for melee well they are carrying huge longswords and stuff should be a slight reduction in speed not much.I didnt get my ass kicked. I wasted that tank. :)
Im just curious cause even with a gun out he was way faster than any tank ive ever seen.
And its not the only weird thing ive seen. Theres just so many things i can not explain. I usually think "theyre just better than me" but sometimes its so fucking insane, i dunno what to do. :(

LiL T
21-01-05, 08:29
I think you can compensate for the speed nerf by speccing a little more ath/agl and he could have used drugs. Then theres the old trick of putting your cannon away and running out of the way then drawing it

Jesterthegreat
21-01-05, 09:11
i assume he had died in NF before fighting you? stupid NF runspeed bug seems to hit atleast one person upon enering every time i go to NF.

but meh. i been told my HC PE is quick... personally i think alotof it is how you move rather than your stats.

Bugs Gunny
21-01-05, 11:26
HC PE's can be the fastest people on the planet.
Total of 230+ is standard on them.

I think here's somehow also a bug with characters, physics and their speed.
For instance some of my chars will fly up gravlifts while others crawl like a snail.

So i wouldn't be surprised that if you get "lucky" on you char you can outrun people with less athl+agil.

Original monk
21-01-05, 12:32
advanced movement 3, 2 or both can do crazy things indeed :)

Ministry
21-01-05, 13:02
but meh. i been told my HC PE is quick... personally i think alotof it is how you move rather than your stats.

i agree some seem slow cos of there movements, predicatable easyto track whatever, then some know just how to move, its unpredictable makes it hard to track and gives appearence of super speed, then there are a few who defy logic with how quick they move and make me go :wtf:

without weapons out, in my experiences, when heading to op wars, my clans tanks were always the first to arrive as they ran like the wind.

ROZZER187
21-01-05, 13:08
And whoever comes up with "hc tank runspeed needs a boost!", fuck off. Mc tanks need a runspeed nerf, thats it.

mc have lighter weapons, and like someone else already stated a hc pe is faster than anyone....apart from a melee pe :lol: but lets save the nerf pe threads for another day, a hc tank is just as fast as a melee without his weapon drawn.

the hc pa nerf is there for a reason otherwise kk wouldn't aven't implemented it, in 2 years of playing ive never really heard anyone complain about the runspeed of a hc tank, or maybe someone has ive never read it :D

Xylaz
21-01-05, 13:13
its not about how you move but the movement speed really, i saw it as well - there are certain tanks who can move with some additional speed boost - there has to be a flip point somewhere up high.

I've seen a HC tank with CS on their shoulder succesfuly overspeeding the reveeler... I saw some tanks who are literally warping on my screen, teleporting from corner to corner, i could aim them for less than 0.5 sec then they dissapear and appear in other corner of the room.

But i think it also has something to do with fps - i did recognize it several months ago in nc1 on my melee tank. Moving speed is somehow proportional to your fps+actual speed vs opponent fps+his speed. If the overall difference is too big, he start to warp all over the screen. And indeed, all those warping people i've met were in close, crowded areas, where i had pretty bad fps 15-25 fps.

Masentaja
21-01-05, 13:23
well HC tanks need only a bit TC , then rest to agility. Don't know how they spec athletics. Uber runspeed + clipping + bad fps + NC's odd movement lag = death.

and with NC's movement lag, try playing in lan, watch from friends monitor when you start to run, in his screen you still stand while in ur screen you're running away. That's one thing I always wanted to "improved" in NC engine.

Kuya
21-01-05, 13:24
Melee PA

Dribble Joy
21-01-05, 13:34
Despite the feeling of the speed hit from the players point of view when they draw a weapon, the difference in speed from other peoples eyes, is barely noticable.

Xeno LARD
21-01-05, 13:34
well HC tanks need only a bit TC , then rest to agility. Don't know how they spec athletics. Uber runspeed + clipping + bad fps + NC's odd movement lag = death.

and with NC's movement lag, try playing in lan, watch from friends monitor when you start to run, in his screen you still stand while in ur screen you're running away. That's one thing I always wanted to "improved" in NC engine.

I know what you mean. I've sat there looking at a friend playing NC, I fire my libby by mistake and it take like a full three seconds for it to happen on his machine :|.

Jesterthegreat
21-01-05, 14:18
Despite the feeling of the speed hit from the players point of view when they draw a weapon, the difference in speed from other peoples eyes, is barely noticable.

thats what i found. on my screen my PE is quick with no weap and normal tank speed with a weap... on my clannies screen theres no diff :eek:

Cliffraiser
21-01-05, 15:40
I didnt get my ass kicked. I wasted that tank. :)
Im just curious cause even with a gun out he was way faster than any tank ive ever seen.
And its not the only weird thing ive seen. Theres just so many things i can not explain. I usually think "theyre just better than me" but sometimes its so fucking insane, i dunno what to do. :(

Its called a tank on redflash and a pretty high agl/ath config.....

giga191
21-01-05, 15:45
People who wear PA are 10 easier to hit than people who don't. Even if they supposed to be the same they aren't. Must be the new laggy character models or something. People without PA seem to suddenly get a sudden burst of speed instead of running at a constant speed.