PDA

View Full Version : Terra event: another TH auction

BradSTL
21-01-05, 05:09
Once again, the auction was announced with only 24 hours notice, scheduled for 6pm EST at the Main Retail Area in Tech Haven sector 2, EGM "TechHaven Guide - William Haska" presiding. Once again, it started late, this time a bit over 15 minutes.

Rules, as finally clarified this time: Either reply to the announcement email with the items you want to sell, or at start of session send direct message to the auctioneer with (up to 3?) items that you want to sell this session. After a couple of minutes, listings close and auction begins. When item is called, bring it to auctioneer. Bidding then begins in the Zone channel, raising in minimum 5k increments until one million credits, then 10k increments. When bidding ends, both sides come forward; winner pays the auctioneer, receives item; auctioneer pays the seller.

First session started at 6:17 pm EST:
129 TL150 Biotech research mission blueprints, offered by Ficknosh Mcmaximus with a reserve price of 1.29M, withdrawn with no offers
2 slot modded Paw of Tiger (120/112/118/110), offered by McelRoy, went to LoTeK Neutron for 200k
2 free slot Peacemaker (114/116/108/119), offered by McelRoy, went to LoTeK Neutron for 260k
3 slot modded Long Laserblade II (117/117/87/87), 87/120 condition, offered by McelRoy, went to LoTeK Neutron for 70k
4 slot (3 free) Paw of Bear (120/108/108/104), 117/120 condition, offered by Fenix, went to Lovlybone for 450k
2 slot modded Holy Antibuff (116/120/110/120), 115/120 condition, offered by mrs killu, went to Ficknosh Mcmaximus for 450k
1 slot Vein Ripper (120/112/115/111), offered by mrs killu, went to Unreal for 205k
2 slot Holy Firestorm (120/120/112/114) offered by mrs killu, went to The-Fank X for 375k
ProtoPharma Resistor chip offered by mrs killu, went for 1.8M to Barter Meow
1 free slot Blade of Ceres (120/115/116/112) offered by mrs killu, went to LoTeK Neutron for 200k
10 Experimental Ion Blaster Drone (TL100) BPs, offered by the Infamous Brad, went to The-Fank X for 80k
5 free slot Paw of Tiger (120/120/120/120) offered by Lo Pan, withdrawn for not meeting unspecified reserve price, bidding reached 270k
3 free slot Cursed Soul (114/108/117/106) offered by Lo Pan, went to The-Fank X for 2M
3 free slot The Dentist (109/118/114/114) offered by Savage Henry, went to Unreal for 400k
1 free slot Fire Apocalypse (109/118/114/114), offered by Zhurks Ts with a reserve price of 500k, withdrawn when bids topped at 265k
3 free slot Holy Lightning (113/117/117/111), offered by Zhurks Ts with a reserve price of 1.2M, went to Lo Pan for 1.81M
1 free slot Firestorm (108/116/111/117), offered by Zhurks Ts, went to Armi for 450k
4 free slot Chaos Queen Flame Avalanche (100/101/105/94), offered by Zhurks Ts, went to Brammers for 230k
M.O.V.E.-O.N. CPU chip offered by Dash with a reserve price of 2M, withdrawn when bidding capped at 600k
1 slot modded First Love (106/104/104/108), offered by Cataclysm, went for 220k to Sir Shakey
ProtoPharma Resistor cpu, offered by Cataclysm, went to LoTeK Neutron for 1.5M
4 free slot Holy Heal, offered by Cataclysm, went to Iron Man for 350kFirst session ended at about 7:45 pm EST.

BradSTL
21-01-05, 05:24
Second session began approximately 7:45 pm EST, still "TechHaven Guide - William Haska" presiding.
4 free slot Tangent Speed Gun offered by Bawheir, went to Savage Henry for 600k
Rigger's Dream (MC5 chip), 120/120 condition, offered by Bawheir, went to Unreal for 2M
1 free slot Judge (107/110/118/112), offered by Savage Henry, went to Zhurks Ts for 100k
full set of Inquisition 2 armor, offered by Blackhawk the PSI, went to Caparzo for 130k
full set of Duranit 2 armor, offered by Blackhawk the PSI, went to Laura W for 25k
5 Tech Angels Ion Blaster MK-1 Drone BPs (TL70), offered by Blackhawk the PSI, went to Cataclysm for 10k
5 Tech Angels Ion Blaster MK-2 Drone BPs (TL85), offered by Blackhawk the PSI, went to Cataclysm for 1k
5 Experimental Ion Blaster Drone BPs (TL100), offered by Blackhawk the PSI, went to Cataclysm for 20k
Camo Powersuit v MC-3, condition 100/120, offered by Emperor Claw, went to Cataclysm for 280k
2 slot Devils Grace (1 slot used, 120/120/109/109), offered by Emperor Claw, went to Armi for 470k
5 slot ultimated enlarged explosive Liberator with silencer and laserpointer (120/120/120/120), condition 98/120, offered by Ylive with a reserve price of 1.5M, withdrawn when bidding capped at 600k
2 slot modded Beam of Hell (120/107/115/120), offered by LoTeK Neutron, went to Zhurks Ts for 200k
2 free slot Fire Apocalypse (24/24/24/24), offered by LoTeK Neutron, went to Zhurks Ts for 350k
3 free slot Holy Thunderstorm (112/113/108/117), offered by Schlappe Seppl, went to Sir Shakey for 800k
2 free slot Slasher (112/112/110/114), offered by Schlappe Seppl, went to Kid Kapow for 350k
Advanced Glider (unused), offered by Blackhawk the PSI, went to Armi for 70k
Finally, a Mystery Item from the EGM, went to Ficknosh Mcmaximus for 2.7M, and he wouldn't tell us what he gotThis concluded the official event, at about 9:00 pm EST. TechHaven Guide - William Haska announced that there would be another Tech Haven auction in two weeks.

There were some people who showed up late to offer items, so LoTeK Neutron offered to continue with a 3rd session.

BradSTL
21-01-05, 05:33
Unofficial session began after the event at about 9:00 pm EST, LoTeK Neutron officiating.
2 free slot Thunderbolt (111/119/120/112) offered by Emperor Claw, went to Cataclysm for 155k
2 free slot Special Raygun Cannon went to Unreal for 60k. Unreal refused to pay, claiming falsely that LoTeK Neutron had failed to announce that the weapon was only usable by Twilight Guardians. Item went to the 2nd bidder, Cataclysm, for 55k.
M.O.V.E.-O.N. CPU chip, 115/120 condition, offered by Cataclysm with a reserve price of 1M, went to Pluto for 1.5M
4 free slot Judgement Day Launcher (94/98/101/100) offered by Mighty Mouse with an undisclosed reserve price, withdrawn when bidding capped at 50k
3 slot enlarged explosive Ray of God with laserpointer (118/120/110/119), offered by LoTeK Neutron, went to Ressi Blade for 300k? (see 3rd item below)
9 unresearched Expensive rare parts offered by Cataclysm, went to Savage Henry for 250k
3 slot enlarged wargas Devourer with flashlight (117/120/119/112), I'm not sure who offered it (Cataclysm?), went to Savage Henry for 400k
at this point I was confused, but what I think happened was that somehow the same Ray of God rifle auctioned above went back on the block? went to Mighty Mouse for 350k
two 4 free slot Holy Heals (87/87/87/87), offered by LoTeK Neutron, went to Unreal for 210k
3 free slot Poison Beam (87/87/87/87), offered by LoTeK Neutron, went to Sudden Death for 175kAt this point, around 10pm EST, it got silly and I called it a night. If any actual items were auctioned after that point, I missed it.

Heavyporker
21-01-05, 05:45
My gawd, Brad... the attention to detail.. that's nuts.

I'm so damn sorry I couldn't help out at the auction. At least it seems that it went very, very well.

Dr Strange
21-01-05, 06:19
I don't mean to flame or troll

But I gotta ask:

Can we please be removed from the mailing list for this?

After 2 auctions, personally I don't see anything worth attending for. The low performance of the server with so many people in one area, the average items that I can find in Trade - NC, the lateness of starting and whatnot etc It's just not worth the time.

Now I wouldn't mind 1 email but I don't need 1 email on each of my alts on each of my accounts. Yall seem to enjoy attempting to put on an auction that's great, have fun. But for those of us uninterested in ever attending really, can we please not have email spam over this? (the like 5 different auction emails pre christmas really got on my nerves)

BradSTL
21-01-05, 08:44
You've asked this before; I don't remember what answer you got. And I'm not Reakktor, I'm not even a GM. But I do know what a total piece of unmitigated crap CityCom is, so I imagine I can guess what the answer is: no.

Come on, does the in-game email tool seem to you like it's smart enough to support opt-in or opt-out email mailing lists? It took them this long just to get it to where it could support cursor keys while editing, and it still can't handle inserted text for crying out loud. I was using better BBS software than CityCom back in 1983. (Fido version 10, in case you care.) I mean for crying out loud, almost 2 years ago I pointed out to Reakktor that World War IV is now public domain and available in Java; they could port it directly into Neocron and use "doors" for the Info section, and have a much more functional CityCom in maybe two programmer weeks' worth of work. But don't hold your breath.

For what it's worth, if they ever finish player shops, then I imagine that these sponsored auctions will pretty much go away.

Jesterthegreat
21-01-05, 09:14
Finally, a Mystery Item from the EGM, went to Ficknosh Mcmaximus for 2.7M, and he wouldn't tell us what he got

muhahahaha...damn right

Capt. Rik
21-01-05, 12:54
Next time could you put the date of the auction in the email? I logged on last night after a few days of being away and I thought i'd missed it :(

Xeno LARD
21-01-05, 13:01
Yeah, date and time in GMT aswell as EST(?) please.

Selendor
21-01-05, 14:45
I thought it went well, was amusing when some of the bids went quite high.

Damn though, I wanted one of those 4 slot Holy Heals but it had been going nearly 3 hours and it was 1:30am GMT, had to go to bed :mad:

Jesterthegreat
21-01-05, 14:50
I thought it went well, was amusing when some of the bids went quite high.

Damn though, I wanted one of those 4 slot Holy Heals but it had been going nearly 3 hours and it was 1:30am GMT, had to go to bed :mad:

heh i wouldnt go over 100k for a holy heal no matter what slottage :D

and the mystery item was infact 12 items... but im not saying what

Dr Strange
21-01-05, 22:12
You've asked this before; I don't remember what answer you got. And I'm not Reakktor, I'm not even a GM. But I do know what a total piece of unmitigated crap CityCom is, so I imagine I can guess what the answer is: no.

Come on, does the in-game email tool seem to you like it's smart enough to support opt-in or opt-out email mailing lists? It took them this long just to get it to where it could support cursor keys while editing, and it still can't handle inserted text for crying out loud. I was using better BBS software than CityCom back in 1983. (Fido version 10, in case you care.) I mean for crying out loud, almost 2 years ago I pointed out to Reakktor that World War IV is now public domain and available in Java; they could port it directly into Neocron and use "doors" for the Info section, and have a much more functional CityCom in maybe two programmer weeks' worth of work. But don't hold your breath.

For what it's worth, if they ever finish player shops, then I imagine that these sponsored auctions will pretty much go away.

Yea and most people don't care about your auctions. No offense but as said alot of us just consider them a waste of time. If OTHER people wanna go and have fun, let them more power to'em. But I'll be damned if I am gonna sit around and get 4 fucking emails (per account) about an auction. I swear you guys sent out like 5 emails before the Christmas auction. Between auction news and Skill Advisor emails the email system is fairly usesless to me, and just acts as a device to annoy me.

If admins can send a message to a single person, or everyone there has to be a way of sending to X group of people and a way of not sending it to X group of people, even on something reminiscant of outdated software. May require a patch but hey, it needs to be done.

I can't even put the emails on block or ignore either they just keep coming and coming. Funny thing is no one considers this officially "spam" yet there is no way to block and/or ignore it.

Jesterthegreat
21-01-05, 22:21
Yea and most people don't care about your auctions. No offense but as said alot of us just consider them a waste of time. If OTHER people wanna go and have fun, let them more power to'em. But I'll be damned if I am gonna sit around and get 4 fucking emails (per account) about an auction. I swear you guys sent out like 5 emails before the Christmas auction. Between auction news and Skill Advisor emails the email system is fairly usesless to me, and just acts as a device to annoy me.

If admins can send a message to a single person, or everyone there has to be a way of sending to X group of people and a way of not sending it to X group of people, even on something reminiscant of outdated software. May require a patch but hey, it needs to be done.

I can't even put the emails on block or ignore either they just keep coming and coming. Funny thing is no one considers this officially "spam" yet there is no way to block and/or ignore it.

I doubt the thread starter has any control over it...

I doubt KK does too :p

Dr Strange
21-01-05, 22:52
I doubt KK does too :p

It is their game after all, I mean if they can rework the game engine to incorporate the new Hacknet boss, surely a simple email filter/blocker/ignore list would be possible.

Jesterthegreat
21-01-05, 23:40
It is their game after all, I mean if they can rework the game engine to incorporate the new Hacknet boss, surely a simple email filter/blocker/ignore list would be possible.

surelyhair staying on our heads is possible?

doesnt mean it happens.

Anna
22-01-05, 00:47
ppl actually go to these things? :wtf:

i just hate the f*ing ingame mail spam i get from it :mad:

eprodigy
22-01-05, 01:47
why wouldnt people go.. i find them quite enoyable :)