PDA

View Full Version : The "Help my poor broken PE" Thread

Obsidian X
20-01-05, 02:45
I write this thread as a plea to the experienced PE players, and the experienced runners in general...

My first ever char in Neocron, my High Tech Pistol PE, Obsidian, is in desperate need. He is a living testimony to how noob-unfriendly this game can be.

Ok, hes rank **/45. Wears lvl 1 PA. Owns a nice 4 slot TL 74 raygun pistol. His skills are badly messed up. I think he's using a combination of lvl 3,2 and 1 head implants, when he could wear all lvl 3's. The poor guy doesn't come close to capping his raygun, which wasn't helped by the recent Weapon Lore changes. His con setup is absolutely terrible, he drops to 2 or 3 Holy Lightnings. And for a PE of his level, his PSI isn't up to scratch either. I'll post details of his current setup later, but let me tell you its bad. The worst thing about all this, is that hes not safe to level. He has no LE, and is far too gimped and nibbish to ever hope to defend himself. And levelling anywhere half decent is too dangerous for this poor little guy, ergo he has no money to buy himself the many loms he needs. So I ask of you, the community, what can I do with this poor, gimped soul?

Ideally, he needs to put an LE in. Is it possible to lower skill rank from 45 to 30?
If thats not possible, is there anyone could recommend levelling, bearing in mind, he can't fight like a **/45 character (and a good imp/weap setup to work with)
Or is it not worth it, should I simply reroll him? This char has sentimental value to me so I'd rather avoid that at this stage. However once I realised how useless he was at defending himself, and after constantly getting ganked, I became a PE-hater and left him to rot, only transferring the poor guy for nostalgia reasons.

I'll post his exact setup later on.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Accepting donations for Lom pills! ;)

Xeno LARD
20-01-05, 03:21
Gun a reveller to level that PSI.
Get 100% SI to lower your rank.
Goto the poison caves with capped heal and heal sanc and you'll be rolling in cash before long.
Get a barter to buy your LOMs.
Get some proper chips.
Use neoskiller to figure out your setup, then stick to it.

MkVenner
20-01-05, 03:22
im not sure about being able to drop from 45 to 30...but i doubt it myself...

you could always try farming a high money output mob on another char and buy the loms that way, getting the best imps you can is a must tho, specially for a PE, we rely on those extra points in Dex and Int alot more than a Spy would, a good heal is a must too :p

i myself loath rerolling after i get to a certain point, i hate all that XP ive gotten...

oh yeah, get in a team, ton of bonus XP, preferably get in a team with a PPU and a coupla AoEing tanks....somewhere like the chaos caves or DoY tunnels, or a good way of getting XP is to be in a team using a vehicle, vehicle XP if fubar lol

//edit: agreed with what Xeno said, cept for the stick to it part, im constantly twiddling with mine lol :D