PDA

View Full Version : Copbot rifle?

Notorious Fish
19-01-05, 21:51
I heard they drop is this true? If so what do I gotta kill? :)

MkVenner
19-01-05, 21:54
nope, they dont drop no more, infact i think its still not allowed to even have them

Original monk
19-01-05, 21:54
I heard they drop is this true? If so what do I gotta kill? :)

really ?

edit: ow ok, nm

MkVenner
19-01-05, 21:57
tho seeing some of the bugs around i wouldnt be startled to find they found their way into some loot pool...

Dribble Joy
19-01-05, 22:01
In one of the last patches they turned them all to milky rens anyway.

giga191
19-01-05, 22:45
I don't see why people aren't allowed to have weapons where they can walk into a crowded area and say, "Alright every single mother fucker here is gonna die!!!!!!". I think unbalance is worth it for just for the feeling of the raw power

Dribble Joy
19-01-05, 22:48
They planned to release the copbot rifle as a CAFSM item... but it didn't happen in the end....

Tostino
19-01-05, 22:52
They planned to release the copbot rifle as a CAFSM item... but it didn't happen in the end....
They planed alot more then that for the FSM's but most of it got stuck in smugglers :(

Dribble Joy
19-01-05, 22:53
Me, snow and a few others came up with a really good item distribution system, it actually made sense rather than being somewhat random like it is now.

MkVenner
19-01-05, 22:56
its all stupid now, you got drug dealers selling military hardware, drug dealers selling droning equipment and a police force selling troop carriers....

Original monk
20-01-05, 10:46
They planed alot more then that for the FSM's but most of it got stuck in smugglers :(

yah, they told me while in NC2 beta that they where in :/ i dunno why it didnt go true again, such bollocks and why ? cause ya can use it as a spell ? ... then they better remove all spells also lol

actually i dont know the exact reason why they cant/wont put it in again ..

cause its buggy ? cause some people get lag from it ? then better remove all the copbots and every other guard and mob using that weapon ..

cause its that overpowerd ? .. ok, ya need one hit and the rest follow and ya dont have an aiming reticule ... its very easy to shoot with but it isnt a pvpweapon, it does suckier damage then a enhaced plasma rifle .. not even comparing with a first love ...

i suggest bring it back in, its such a beautifull weapon, yust for roleplayreasons by itself it should drop again .. indeed DROP ... out of cop and stormbots ...

put restrictions on it ! for starters spy-only ... and maybe a CA-faction restriction .. i will be glad to come CA for that hehe

i know they got removed :/ the ones i took with me from NC1 wherent there anymore .. not even a milky ren :(

luckely tough my ARS's survived :P and i noticed the trader is gone hrhr :)

mishkin
20-01-05, 10:50
cause some people get lag from it ?

Should remove the horrible flamers then tbh... My fps drops to 0 every time someone whips out a dev, or I get flamed by a mutant gunman. o_O

//EDIT:

I think they should have more mob-specific weapon drops, like different faction guards dropping different weapons, warbots dropping freezercannons, cyberguards dropping laserpistols and so on :)

Anna
20-01-05, 12:39
i suggest bring it back in, its such a beautifull weapon, yust for roleplayreasons by itself it should drop again .. indeed DROP ... out of cop and stormbots ...

put restrictions on it ! for starters spy-only ... and maybe a CA-faction restriction .. i will be glad to come CA for that hehe
so only CA ppl can use it ...
and they have to kill cop/stormbots to get one ...

thats great roleplay :rolleyes:

i take it your not among the ppl who disapprove allied ganking?

Jesterthegreat
20-01-05, 14:11

lmao... good point by anna :D

Original monk
20-01-05, 15:33

thats great roleplay :rolleyes:

i take it your not among the ppl who disapprove allied ganking?

Anna darling, i dont care what restrictions, factions, reasons or whatever they are to put or not put in/on the copbotrifle, aslong as there ingame and can be used in public im happy :)

i dont care about alliedganking no .. i wont do it myself but as soon as an allied attacks me he can expect to be attacked back yes ... i also have loads of missioncubes ready yust in case you see ... only im no alliedganker by nature :)

its simple: you dont insult me, i wont insult you, you dont approach me, i wont approach you :)

but i understand youre point ... have to be CA and kill a copbot to get it yada yada ... then yust make it i dont care wich faction or none at all even .. , aslong as its in and it works im happy :)

a spy only restriction wouldnt be that bad tough

ciao

edit: jesterthegreat, are you still the same jester from old times or ya bought the account orso ? yust asking ..

Darken
20-01-05, 15:38
I don't see why people aren't allowed to have weapons where they can walk into a crowded area and say, "Alright every single mother fucker here is gonna die!!!!!!". I think unbalance is worth it for just for the feeling of the raw power

Giga Copbots rifles in runner hands dont do much dmg they do as much dmg as a tangent plasma rifle

Darken
20-01-05, 15:40
ok, ya need one hit and the rest follow and ya dont have an aiming reticule ... its very easy to shoot with but it isnt a pvpweapon, it does suckier damage then a enhaced plasma rifle .. not even comparing with a first love ...

it has an aiming reticle and if it doesnt close enough the shots you shoot wont hit.

Original monk
20-01-05, 15:43
it has an aiming reticle and if it doesnt close enough the shots you shoot wont hit.

correct darken ... i was mistaken with the copbotplasmarifles in NC1 who where bugged at times and when they had no reticule they couldnt shoot ... or sumthing like that :) but when there was one it would shoot ..

only cause of the pretty low tl of the rifle the aiming goes immensly fast/ reticule closes quickly and as soon as ya hit the first one, the others will follow :)

IceStorm
20-01-05, 19:25
Me, snow and a few others came up with a really good item distribution systemIn your opinion. Not everyone shared your opinion on the matter.
it actually made sense rather than being somewhat random like it is now.The system you all worked out made several factions rather lame. The existing system makes all factions worth having a character in.
Giga Copbots rifles in runner hands dont do much dmg they do as much dmg as a tangent plasma rifleCPR was a very useful weapon but was a bit harder to cap than the EPR.

CPR was usable at DEX 85 but was TL90 and built to 85% base stats. EPR is/was DEX 82/TL82 and built to 87% base stats.
CPR could fire around corners. It was not line of sight. EPR? Line of sight.
CPR had no range limit. EPR's limit is around 500, but any desire for accuracy makes that around 100.
All four shots of a CPR would connect if the reticle was dialed in, without fail. EPR? You were lucky if two out of four in a burst hit the target.

It was a very nice weapon. I hope it makes a comeback.

giga191
20-01-05, 19:30
Giga Copbots rifles in runner hands dont do much dmg they do as much dmg as a tangent plasma rifle
How do you know that they haven't increased the damage without telling us? Eh punk? :p

MkVenner
20-01-05, 19:34
In your opinion. Not everyone shared your opinion on the matter.The system you all worked out made several factions rather lame.

well the original one made every faction worth being in...

so now you're telling me the system is fair, compare BT, TT or Crahn to CM or Tsu...

and alot of things are still missing....

and the inclusion of the smugglers still makes some of it faction specific, like theres no way a pro city can get to the glider smuggler, or a Anti to the PE 1/2 (ok mebbe a PPU can :p)

Original monk
20-01-05, 19:49
How do you know that they haven't increased the damage without telling us? Eh punk? :p

lol, nice arguement :D must remember, can be used in all occasions hrhr

hehe, i havent seen one ingame yet (in NC2) actually, who knows :P

SypH
20-01-05, 19:59
They should have kept it as a CA epic item, but with some slight alterations. Make it like a standard tl75 plasma rifle and just call it a bopbot rifle. Lag problem sorted and CA people can get copbot armour and rifles.

Notorious Fish
20-01-05, 20:39
Copot Rifle back in the day was my favorite wep. I used it all the time.. then ... they.... took it .... from me... my precious... precious...... GIVE IT TO ME!!!!! :)

Jesterthegreat
20-01-05, 22:06
edit: jesterthegreat, are you still the same jester from old times or ya bought the account orso ? yust asking ..

I'm the same me :)

not as carebear as i was early retail... fresh out of DAoC :p

Jesterthegreat
20-01-05, 22:08
I CPR could fire around corners. It was not line of sight. EPR? Line of sight.
CPR had no range limit. EPR's limit is around 500, but any desire for accuracy makes that around 100.
All four shots of a CPR would connect if the reticle was dialed in, without fail. EPR? You were lucky if two out of four in a burst hit the target.

combine these 3 points and it knocks HL off the sniper spot...

no matter the range you cant see where its coming from :p

Original monk
20-01-05, 22:09
I'm the same me :)

not as carebear as i was early retail... fresh out of DAoC :p

thats why i asked lol, ya sound tougher lately :D but im allready glad its you lol

MkVenner
20-01-05, 22:10
you still need line of sight, you just dont need line of fire

Jesterthegreat
20-01-05, 22:21
thats why i asked lol, ya sound tougher lately :D but im allready glad its you lol

comin up to 20... time to try growin up i guess :p

besides... bein in NCAT so long has turned me from having a tradeskiller main to 4 combat chats :p

IceStorm
20-01-05, 23:32
well the original one made every faction worth being in...Every faction had faction items, but not all factions had faction items worth having. N.E.X.T. could have been done without, as could PP or BT and Tsunami or TT. There were redundancies and there were utterly lame factions. Now almost every faction has a piece of the pie. I'm not saying I agree with either system, but the one implemented at least made almost all factions must-haves.
so now you're telling me the system is fair, compare BT, TT or Crahn to CM or Tsu...CM can go almost anywhere in-game - your glider "problem" listed below, for instance. i haven't raised FS with my Tsunami yett, but I presume their database and/or FSM will be worth bothering with for something.
like theres no way a pro city can get to the glider smugglerWhere there's a will, there's a way.

MkVenner
20-01-05, 23:51
Actually no, there is no reason to get Tsunami FS....and in theory a merc can yes, but when almost all Crahn, BD and FA kill us on sight then that cuts that right down,

Jesterthegreat
20-01-05, 23:56
Actually no, there is no reason to get Tsunami FS....and in theory a merc can yes, but when almost all Crahn, BD and FA kill us on sight then that cuts that right down,

why would a merc want TS FS? O_o

MkVenner
21-01-05, 00:06
no im saying for a TS, its pointless, contrary to popular belief i dont only have a pokey little PE merc :p