PDA

View Full Version : My PPU is bigger than yours.

zii
18-01-05, 02:00
Suffering either from sanity deprivation or random stupidity I lommed my ppu into low-tech pistols, and she now sports a rather nice unlabeled Mini Rocket Launcher.

Sadly, she isn't adapt at using it particulary well, so I seek some advice on making her into a better shot.

She has P-C 67, and the pistol is P-C 65. I have 14 in WEP for the moment and I have 12 points spare in DEX. I could put these into P-C giving me 81 in P-C however I can't remember, although I should, whether P-C is only a requirement, or whether it has any other effect. I shall put a few levels into WEP, whenever my PPU next levels INT, but this hasn't happened for months now ;)

Any thoughts, apart from "your PPU will suck eggs using this gun."

CerealKiller
18-01-05, 02:40
If you're going to use the pistols for leveling, honestly I would use SMG's, that's what I did with Swiftburn, (a PPU I had for awhile, it wasn't mine to begin with). Anyways... It makes leveling Dex ALOT easier. It's going to be alot more accurate. But you don't want to try to use it for PvP, it won't get you anywhere.

Dr Strange
18-01-05, 02:54
If I remember right PC is a Dex skill right?

You currently have (as stated) 67 PC with 12 free points. How would you get 81 PC out of that if you added 12? You're past 50 so every actual skill point requires 2 points. You'd get 73 (2x6=12). You're off by 8 point's there. To get 81 PC you need 28 free points to spend.

Kopaka
18-01-05, 02:58
[ edited ]

Genty
18-01-05, 03:02
If you wanna be a PPU with some damn aggressive features go for rifle....get a TAR...seriously. Not only is it hella fun but you can take some people down.

I miss my TAR monkie. :(

Dr Strange
18-01-05, 03:48
[ edited ]

Yes, I'm aware of that. After I realized my mistake I could no longer edit my post.

Always a troll in every thread

Lexxuk
18-01-05, 04:03
If you're going to use the pistols for leveling, honestly I would use SMG's, that's what I did with Swiftburn, (a PPU I had for awhile, it wasn't mine to begin with). Anyways... It makes leveling Dex ALOT easier. It's going to be alot more accurate. But you don't want to try to use it for PvP, it won't get you anywhere.

They changed skill settings recently, weaponlore now has more effect on pistols and stuff, I think the post is in announcements or something

Mr Kot
18-01-05, 04:11
Let me put it bluntly from an experienced pistol user:

The TL65 super duper wuper rocket pistol is..... a pile of poo.

So the TL32 rocket pistol is by definition..... pooer.

With 14 WEP, the aiming (also considering the aiming of the thing with 100+ WEP) will be pooest.

The only slightly redeeming feature of a rocket pistol is the AoE capabilities. At the very most, u will be able to kill about 3 roaches at once in a lvl 1 sewer. But hey, u will finish that easy roach mission in a third of the time.

If you plan to do launcher missions, u better find a spawn that you have all to yourself as it will take you most of the day to do enough damage to one to count for a mission.

If you plan to hunt warbots or grim chasers with it, then i'm phoning the men in white coats right now.

Seriously though, u will be much better with the TL25 unlabelled automatic pistol. I used it as a noob and it's not too bad in the aggy cellars. You will get a slightly higher damage % on it than the rocket pistol.

Btw, is the 67 P-C before or after your pistol 3 buff?

zii
18-01-05, 13:50
If I remember right PC is a Dex skill right?

You currently have (as stated) 67 PC with 12 free points. How would you get 81 PC out of that if you added 12? You're past 50 so every actual skill point requires 2 points. You'd get 73 (2x6=12). You're off by 8 point's there. To get 81 PC you need 28 free points to spend.

I was including pistol level 3 buffs.

@Mr.Kot: Yes, 67 was after a P-C buff.

Well, I used the mini rocket launcher last night on the Doy Guards and they got a little pissed off, although I don't know why as I didn't do much damage, althuogh I must have killed something as my SL went from 73 to -7, but it was probably a random 5/5 NPC.

Meanwhile, whats a TAR?

Lexxuk
18-01-05, 14:02
TAR = Tangent Assault Rifle

Anna
18-01-05, 14:09
TAR = Tangent Assault Rifle
that doesnt exist anymore
they renamed it to enhanced assault rifle or something
sounds like poo to me tbh :p
TT > *
:D

Selendor
18-01-05, 16:12
For levelling Dex I found Poking Epics did the trick.

For combat PPU's? Melee is the pwn. Took down many a spy before Neocron 2 took away all my rare drugs :(

Riddle
18-01-05, 16:15
For levelling Dex I found Poking Epics did the trick.

For combat PPU's? Melee is the pwn. Took down many a spy before Neocron 2 took away all my rare drugs :(

Poking epics dex gain was nerfed last i heard :(

But Melee is the best :) that old double edged sword strapped to my back looks the business even if i can't do major damage.

Still the sword takes out aggie captains and the DB helps. so levelling by missions. :(

RogerRamjet
18-01-05, 18:05
I used to have a mendicant rifle on my PPU. Oh the laughs.

Koshinn
18-01-05, 18:13
Use a sword. You'll be using Melee3 anyway.

Mr Kot
18-01-05, 18:22
The TAR, sorry, "Enhanced assault rifle" is DEX 44, so will have to be a bit of a drug whore to use it.

When my apu was a noob, he used the special forces combat knife on launcher cyclops at the MB bunker. This was when it was TL25 or something. At 16 STR, he needed to pop a Beast and an X-Strong. In those days, Beast gave a melee combat boost instead of heavy. The damage i was doing was scary and it worked wonders for my STR and DEX.

Genty
18-01-05, 19:45
The TAR, sorry, "Enhanced assault rifle" is DEX 44, so will have to be a bit of a drug whore to use it.

You do not require drugs to use the EAR (TAR was soooo much better). You just got to have some imagination...and some balls.

Original monk
18-01-05, 20:39
hehe, my ppu is a tarmonk, depends on what he's job is ffcourse, i can translate em fast and easy to he's pure state again :)

i love it, especially with a multislotted ultimated tar, after a long time i took an apu down yesterday :P and earlier that evening helped with taking one down that was invading plaza2 with a ppu attached to he's but ..

im still testing a setup where i dont gimp my agility and still have enough to do decent damage with a B1 sniperrifle .. got a nice 5 slotted one left that i got as a gift from a clannie when staying on the uranusserver for a while, the TC is annoying tough :)

i saw the rifleTLchanges from quite a while ago and when they would get in i can use a plasmarifle :P but i dunno if that will ever happen ... a monk with a plasmarifle looks so nice :)

few days ago i also saw a HCmonk running around o.O with a gatling, weird sight lol

Genty
18-01-05, 20:44
i saw the rifleTLchanges from quite a while ago and when they would get in i can use a plasmarifle :P but i dunno if that will ever happen ... a monk with a plasmarifle looks so nice :)

I worked out a setup to use a raygun if Lupus gets his TL changes in..that would be interesting :P

Maui
18-01-05, 21:39
[ edited ]

Last edited by Gotterdammerung : Today at 04:04. Reason: [ edited - reason changed ]

<3 gota lub ice :P

Original monk
18-01-05, 22:32
I worked out a setup to use a raygun if Lupus gets his TL changes in..that would be interesting :P

daamn 8| sounds very nice and intresting :)

zii
19-01-05, 03:21
Damn , I forgot about theTBs. Sorry Original Monk.

Likewise Gentry, I'd be interested in the raygun set-up ;) I love scaring people with oddities, just afore I die.

Eddie
19-01-05, 03:27
If you wanna be a PPU with some damn aggressive features go for rifle....get a TAR...seriously. Not only is it hella fun but you can take some people down.

I miss my TAR monkie. :(

Heh heh heh.. I remember that fight night when I fought you as a rifle spy.. and you beat me damn on your TAR weilding PPU .... damnit!!!

Eddie

Genty
19-01-05, 04:14
Likewise Gentry, I'd be interested in the raygun set-up ;) I love scaring people with oddities, just afore I die.

Well, none functioning at the moment, dunno if it ever will, guess it depends if Lupus' TL changes to weapons ever gets implimented.

Heh heh heh.. I remember that fight night when I fought you as a rifle spy.. and you beat me damn on your TAR weilding PPU .... damnit!!!

Just think how effective it would of been if i had aim and was capped. :D

Purple
19-01-05, 19:19
my ppu is Hihg tech pistol has 80 PC and 22 TC with pistol buff get a lser pointer to save some points in wepon lore i find pisol better than rifle for ppu but everyone different

zii
21-01-05, 21:48
well i would think that one on one the ppu can glue you too the spot, stand next to you, and then pistol you too death so less WEP needed for targetting purposes. not sure how long it would take though.

hinch
21-01-05, 22:33
melee ppu for the win i've seen a melee ppu drop almost an entire clan :) certainly no tank or apu or spy or pe will ever beat you 1v1 though the pe's do have a nasty habit of out healing you