PDA

View Full Version : International 1 Slot...?

Kierz
18-01-05, 00:57
Just wondering if there are any plans to make an international 1 slot server like pluto at all, I've just recently started playing on mars (yes I barely speak a word of german) cause I really don't like 4 slot servers, which is a bit silly and as most germans have pointed out to me "get back terra english".

MkVenner
18-01-05, 00:59
Id love a "fresh start" server, 1 or 2 slot, no transfer, but people keep saying that would lower the server pops, maybe thats the reason they're so low any way?

Kierz
18-01-05, 01:01
Just to add there's a whole group of us that have left terra to go to mars, it's not just me:)

Jesterthegreat
18-01-05, 01:43
Id love a "fresh start" server, 1 or 2 slot, no transfer, but people keep saying that would lower the server pops, maybe thats the reason they're so low any way?

spreading the server pop about more servers is foolish imo...

maybe if there a playerbase worth speaking of a new fresh start server should be added... but not now

MkVenner
18-01-05, 01:53
yeah but alot of people are leaving, or have left, due to being lumped in with people they dont want to play with, and never did. Whats worse, having 50 people on one server, and 100 on another, or 50 people on one server because all the others got pissed off and left, you cant force all 150 people to play with each other if they dont want to, and if the only way out of that is quitting, well...

Jesterthegreat
18-01-05, 01:56
yeah but alot of people are leaving, or have left, due to being lumped in with people they dont want to play with, and never did. Whats worse, having 50 people on one server, and 100 on another, or 50 people on one server because all the others got pissed off and left, you cant force all 150 people to play with each other if they dont want to, and if the only way out of that is quitting, well...

those number are completely made up though...

and if people feel they are "forced"to play the game maybe its time to try a new ame anyway.

MkVenner
18-01-05, 02:04
well yeah they were just figurative

what i meant was forced to play with peole they dont want to, alot of the time the 1 char slot mentality is different to the 4 slot mentality

Mr Kot
18-01-05, 02:11
Much as i think this would be an excellent idea, i don't think it will ever happen.

Did they ever add additional servers in NC1?

Wasn't there talk of a Neptune server in NC1 too?

MkVenner
18-01-05, 02:21
well they did right at the beginning, pluto came a little after...

there was talk of neptune, but it DoY came 1st i think

Anna
18-01-05, 10:11
another server isnt viable anymore
not worth the investement for having like 50 ppl max on it

server deployment was fucked up from the start
they should never have split up the community again in german and english, you would have thought they learned from nc1, but nooo...

splitting up communitys is ok if you have a 10.000 ppl playerbase like wow or something, not the few 100s we have

there should have been:
1 slot int
4 slot int

and thats it, no different language bs, simply cant afford it with such a small community

Ninjano2002uk
18-01-05, 11:18
haha i knew my Dream would happen :p Leaving terra so long ago was the best thing i ever done, Come to Mars my brothers :lol:

mishkin
18-01-05, 12:04
Come to Mars my brothers

Why? Mars is as desolate as Terra atm... the whole game is slowly sinking through the ground, to never emerge again... all because of shitty management and evil scriptkiddies :wtf:

Jesterthegreat
18-01-05, 14:09

they should never have split up the community again in german and english, you would have thought they learned from nc1, but nooo...

splitting up communitys is ok if you have a 10.000 ppl playerbase like wow or something, not the few 100s we have

there should have been:
1 slot int
4 slot int

and thats it, no different language bs, simply cant afford it with such a small community

agreed completely

Capt. Rik
18-01-05, 14:13
Why? Mars is as desolate as Terra atm... the whole game is slowly sinking through the ground, to never emerge again... all because of shitty management and evil scriptkiddies :wtf:

We've been this low before yet the game has still survived. It may not have the server pops of WoW or SWG but it has still lasted 2 years purely by its uniqueness

MkVenner
18-01-05, 14:19

there should have been:
1 slot int
4 slot int

totally agreed too, i mean the jupister mentality is as different as pluto was from saturn so i honestly cant see why they didn't.....its not even german/english, its german/international lol....

Vryce
20-01-05, 11:58

there should have been:
1 slot int
4 slot int

Well, if KK made Mars International, problem solved. ;)

Coid
20-01-05, 12:06
u have to understand that the germans mostly refuse to play with the english speaking crew's cuz english is "too hard" to speak ;)

Kierz
20-01-05, 12:25
I never spoke a word of german 2 weeks ago and now I know most trade phrases, that's all ya need really :p

kyote
20-01-05, 12:38
English isn't too hard to write for most germans. (maybe there are errors, but in German there are errors too)
If you talk to me, I would answer you.
But in the Trade Chans its not a wonder that all is written in german.

Anna
20-01-05, 12:41
wtf is the problem about trade?

WTB HERC! DM

wtf cant you understand about that? O_o

kyote
20-01-05, 12:45
wtf is the problem about trade?

WTB HERC! DM

wtf cant you understand about that? O_o
I'm german and I don't undestand/know what WTB means. :lol:

Anna
20-01-05, 12:46
I'm german and I don't undestand/know what WTB means. :lol:
8|
:wtf:

kyote
20-01-05, 12:48
That shitty shortcuts.
I don't know them. A few, but not all.
I hate shortcuts

Darak
20-01-05, 12:49
Yup only been on mars 2 weeks also and for the first time in my life i have a reason to learn the lingo. I lived in france for a year and less french sank in during that period than german has done in the last week. I guess i never needed a holy lightning as badly back then.

I really like the fact that they hate ppl speaking english on mars. Only yesterday there was a big argument on trade and the standard 'you will be banned if you don't stop talking english' comment. It made me smile :)

Mars is going international, the longer terra is in a total mess pop wise the more ppl will change over. If the only difference with mars is that its german only support then thats good with me, i have never had any need for it.

Genty
20-01-05, 12:50
Want to buy :P

When on a German server, I just copy what they say and replace what they want for what i want :D simple.

Kierz
20-01-05, 12:55
I picked up on suche being used instead of WTB (can tell when they says 2+ slot instead of what it is) which I guess is something like search? :p

Also Verkaufe instead of WTS :-)

Suche Imper/Conster!
Shelter und Deflector bitte!
Danke!

Also they use techs (or ug's) to trade over there instead of cash, seems a lot more organised to me, everything has a rough set value in ug's.

kyote
20-01-05, 12:57
Ah! WTB = Want to Buy?
ans WTS = Want to Sell?

Anna
20-01-05, 12:58
Ah! WTB = Want to Buy?
ans WTS = Want to Sell?
now was it really that hard? :D

kyote
20-01-05, 13:00
now was it really that hard? :D
ähm not really.
:eek: :lol:

Dribble Joy
20-01-05, 13:09
The german community is/was large enough for it to be viable enough for the 1 and 4 slot german servers.
Pluto was a failure, other then at the beginning of NC1 it's population was never that high and by the end it was barely active.
It does not make any business sense to open a 1 slot int server given the number of people that would play (in the long run, not the initial 'greener grass' move).

Darak
20-01-05, 13:32
It does not make any business sense to open a 1 slot int server given the number of people that would play
_If_ they actually release nc2 with atari over the rest of the EU and they don't add a 1 slot international server (at that point) they may as well tell the investers that they are planning to fail.

Atari must have some sort of agreeement on what servers will be ready and just having the capacity for 1000 players before things collaspe would seem to be a little insane. There should be at least 1 more server on release. 1 slots are more stable and have a different play style, so i would tend towards that.

Jesterthegreat
20-01-05, 14:13
'you will be banned if you don't stop talking english'

when i say it is said im told im full of shit... when someone else says it no one bats an eyelid...

Oath
20-01-05, 14:26
The population on terra is nowhere near enough to warrant a new server.

After the american / rest of the world release if the server pops go up a LOT then perhaps but right now i cant see it happening.

Would be entirely pointless, we all know what happened to pluto.

@above.

What the fuck would you be banned for?

Looks at the ROC... (not russian organized crime :p )

No can't see where you need to speak in any language but your own, the things by the side of the servers - ger and eng are for support purposes.

You wont get german support on terra and you wont get english support on mars or merc.

Wich honestly is rather stupid in my opinion, there is enough segregation of the communities.

Jesterthegreat
20-01-05, 14:28
The population on terra is nowhere near enough to warrant a new server.

After the american / rest of the world release if the server pops go up a LOT then perhaps but right now i cant see it happening.

Would be entirely pointless, we all know what happened to pluto.

Terra pop = saturn pop.

thats 2 servers worth of people AWOL.

and i agree btw :p

Oath
20-01-05, 14:29
Terra pop = saturn pop.

thats 2 servers worth of people AWOL.

and i agree btw :p

exactly.

Asul
20-01-05, 14:38
Hehe, u r welcome, english speaking comunity, but:

MARS STAY GERMAN!!!!!!!

We have an server who runns 4 nothing ( Or this Server just a fake?! :lol: ) : NC1-Server!

Take that one :D

And don't hear @ some stupid germans that flame u 4 speaking English, just keep in mind that the serverlanguange is german and don't spam the Channs with english speech and all will be OK ;)!

Jesterthegreat
20-01-05, 14:40
MARS STAY GERMAN!!!!!!!

er...

you realise the only difference would be that support tickets are accepted in english too?

Darak
20-01-05, 14:45
when i say it is said im told im full of shit...
Well someone said it on the mars trade channel, it does not make it so. i was just quoteing what they said. From my understanding of what nid said its a total steaming pile. However it seems to be what the ppl on mars think its the case though.

Jesterthegreat
20-01-05, 14:46
Well someone said it on the mars trade channel, it does not make it so. i was just quoteing what they said. From my understanding of what nid said its a total steaming pile. However it seems to be what the ppl on mars think its the case though.

policy says its a steaming pile...

doesnt mean it doesnt happen.

policy says exploits are bad...

doesnt mean they dont happen.

Asul
20-01-05, 15:05
er...

you realise the only difference would be that support tickets are accepted in english too?
Yes? Don't care about the Tickets, but when Mars get Int, then all the freaks and Pkers come to us, and hell, there r enouth of that sort of runner on Mars.

Wanna keep my good old oneslot 1st language server.

When someone wanna make a new Start, Okay, come in, have fun, but pls not stupid pkers i saw on Terra :wtf: We have our own :(

Darak
20-01-05, 15:07
But you are not comparing like with like. One is a policy that players abuse and the other is a policy that GMs have to abuse. Players are more difficult to control than GMs.

It also assumes that KK are just plain stupid, i hate that. KK make bucket loads of limited resources(TM) mistakes but i have seen no evidence of them being stupid without the benefit of hindsight.

but pls not stupid pkers i saw on Terra
Thats 4 slotism not language. 1 slot makes you think a bit more about what you do.

kyote
20-01-05, 15:14
Thats 4 slotism not language. 1 slot makes you think a bit more about what you do.
No, believe me. They care a shit about it.
In additition there are many Players that have more than 1 account. I don't know why, but they have. :confused:

Asul
20-01-05, 15:23
But you are not comparing like with like. One is a policy that players abuse and the other is a policy that GMs have to abuse. Players are more difficult to control than GMs.

It also assumes that KK are just plain stupid, i hate that. KK make bucket loads of limited resources(TM) mistakes but i have seen no evidence of them being stupid without the benefit of hindsight.

Thats 4 slotism not language. 1 slot makes you think a bit more about what you do.Okay, Another big Problem: OPs and TimeZones....

No big problem 4 German and England, but with USA it will get difficult....

Another is language, it WILL change....
When Im on the Terra, I speak english only, have tried in the first time to speak over Allychannel german and get flamed....
U say it will be no difrence, but it will! Official Language on an Int server is and will be english, the english comm will after a time not really tollerate the german Language @ the comericial Channels. And the german get pissed, because an 1slot german is a mustbe 4 NC and without many germans will leave, im shure on that!

sry 4 teh english

In additition there are many Players that have more than 1 account. I don't know why, but they have. :confused: Hehe, to just have an andvantage and to switch like on an multi-Slot, but why the hack they dont go to the 4slot german... Wait! There have e v e r y o n e 4 chars ^^

Darak
20-01-05, 15:45
Just to clear something up: _I_ have no plans to speak on mars trade in anything other than poor german, and i will keep attempting to talk to ppl in german where possible cos i like it. The point is that there is no rule against speaking english.

However I think the more english speakers are marginalised (by having a poorly supported server) the more will move onto mars. The more englsih speakers are _told_ rather than asked not to speak english on mars (with nowhere else to go) the more they will ignore what they are told.

The whole german/english speakers divide was a bad idea for nc in the first place. Half the fun of online stuff is meeting ppl from other countries. The only reason ppl are rabid about it is that there are little markers showing you what server you _should_ go on. The point is right now that i want to click on the server with 50% not with 20%. I want to see ppl but i never really talk much to them - so nothing much has changed from terra->mars (except i'm back on a one slot which was taken ways from me).

Oath
20-01-05, 16:02
The minute you force someone to speak a certain way is the moment we're all fucked.

kyote
20-01-05, 16:08
No there is no rule against english. And would be worried if there was.
The people who tell you not to speak english are idiots.

What Asul means was, if it became an off. int. Server, the main language would be english. And thats what he doesn't want.

I can understand you, and i welcome you on Mars. Just ignore them who says not to speak english.
And I think that it wouldn't be such a prob to speak english in Trade Chans.
Most of the german understand it, and it would bring a multicultural touch in the Game.
I don't belive that there has survived only one language in this future.

Genty
20-01-05, 16:18
Personally I think we should respect the German 1 slot server as it is and leave it as is. (not that we have an option to change it anyway :D)

After some thought I think the best server setup for the start of NC2 retail would of been a simple 1 slot german server and 4 slot international. When the UK/US box version is released there should be an addition of a 1 slot international server that does not allow transfers thus allowing everyone new and old to begin on a level playing field.

Okay, Another big Problem: OPs and TimeZones....

No big problem 4 German and England, but with USA it will get difficult...

This problem occurs on the current International server anyway between England (and all other european's on the international server) and America.

jerrymaguire
20-01-05, 16:59
After some thought I think the best server setup for the start of NC2 retail would of been a simple 1 slot german server and 4 slot international. When the UK/US box version is released there should be an addition of a 1 slot international server that does not allow transfers thus allowing everyone new and old to begin on a level playing field.

German 1 slot server = Perfect :cool:

German 4 slot server = Should not be needed :confused:

International 4 slot server = perfect :cool:

International 1 slot server = Would be Perfect (should have been in NC2 from the start) :cool: :cool:

It makes sense to only have 3 servers. :)

A 1 slot server for both languages to give the German speaking players a place to call their own, the same with the English speaking players. There are alot of ppl who prefer a 1 slot server than a 4 slot.

A 4 slot international server would be a "compromise" for those of any language to play with 4 chars if desired. There SHOULD be no disrespect shown to anyone because of whatever language they speak, German or English. Hell, I would even welcome the French to talk in, well French ;) .

The point is, the decision that KK made when they assigned the servers was in my point of view, a mis-guided one. ;)

Some Germans don't want english on their chat channels, but some English speakers want a 1 slot server. Some English speakers don't want German on their chat channels although it is a international server where ppl from different countries will come to play.

Something needs to be done!

I would like to hear from KK their thoughts on this "discussion". I for one would like to see a change in the servers.

Disclaimer: In no way is it my intent to say anything out of order or to offend ppl. :angel:

Asul
20-01-05, 17:06

w0rd!

and plz dont understand me wrong, all ppl are Welcome on Mars, but just don't take away my server *snif*

Rogue Arson
20-01-05, 19:24
I would LOVE a 1 or 2 slot, no transfer international server, but maybe we should wait for a N.A. and/or UK retail release to hopefully bring up server populations first. A fresh start 1 or 2 slot server would be a great place for noobs to learn the game on an even par with the veterans who want a change as well.

Jesterthegreat
20-01-05, 22:03
Yes? Don't care about the Tickets, but when Mars get Int, then all the freaks and Pkers come to us, and hell, there r enouth of that sort of runner on Mars.

Wanna keep my good old oneslot 1st language server.

When someone wanna make a new Start, Okay, come in, have fun, but pls not stupid pkers i saw on Terra :wtf: We have our own :(

right now anyone who plays nc can play mars... it is not limited to german people.

all making it international would do is let GM's help people who cant speak german as well.

giga191
20-01-05, 22:13
OMG what a good idea having a one slot server!!!11 that way we can pay for more accounts to have more characters like people always end up doing. OMG

EDIT: I would also like to add that it's called the Dome of York not the Dome of Berlin so you can't complain about people speaking english on any of the servers

Jesterthegreat
20-01-05, 22:22
OMG what a good idea having a one slot server!!!11 that way we can pay for more accounts to have more characters like people always end up doing. OMG

EDIT: I would also like to add that it's called the Dome of York not the Dome of Berlin so you can't complain about people speaking english on any of the servers

personally i choose 4 slot over 1 slot...

but if people are stupid enough to have 4 accounts on a 1 slot server... more money we can bitchabout not being spent on coders etc :p

Genty
20-01-05, 22:58

The english speakers complain when people speak German on "their" servers, why can't they when it's the other way round? What would the name of the product have anything to do with it?

It's called Dome of York so that means you can only use Yorkshire dialect in game!!!! :rolleyes:

jerrymaguire
21-01-05, 01:15
International server

International means various countries which means different languages. It would be great if we all spoke the same language, but its not a perfect world.

DO NOT HOLD ANYTHING AGAINST THOSE WHO SPEAK A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE

If the intended language for the Int servers is English, then so be it. BUT that does not mean there is a total bar on other languages being spoken, does it???

IF NOT, does the same apply to the other servers???

If I see someone talking a different language, it does not bother me. WHY should it??

If the German speaking servers are dedicated solely to The Germans, then let KK bar anyone who is not german from those servers. Same with the French server. BUT as for the international server, if it was not setup only for those who can speak english, then let EVERYONE use it.

giga191
21-01-05, 14:31
The english speakers complain when people speak German on "their" servers, why can't they when it's the other way round? What would the name of the product have anything to do with it?

It's called Dome of York so that means you can only use Yorkshire dialect in game!!!! :rolleyes: R O L E P L A Y

Jesterthegreat
21-01-05, 14:33
R O L E P L A Y

yes...

cos no one speaks different languages in RL (you know... where roleplay is used be default?)

giga191
22-01-05, 13:45
yes...

cos no one speaks different languages in RL (you know... where roleplay is used be default?) R O L E P L A Y

SorkZmok
22-01-05, 14:03
1 char only would be so damn boring, i`d probably quit in a week. Hell, i had to get a 2nd account cause 4 characters wasnt enough. :)

Especially if you want to opfight properly, yoiu`d have to get a cookie cutter tank or monk setup, if you wanted a fun char you had to get a 2nd account. Stupid.

Genty
22-01-05, 15:21
R O L E P L A Y

I am begining to think you don't know what roleplaying is.....

1 char only would be so damn boring, i`d probably quit in a week. Hell, i had to get a 2nd account cause 4 characters wasnt enough.

Especially if you want to opfight properly, yoiu`d have to get a cookie cutter tank or monk setup, if you wanted a fun char you had to get a 2nd account. Stupid.

Some people go with the 1 slot nicely, some don't. Thats why there is options of both. Some people may only have the time to maintain 1 char fully.

giga191
22-01-05, 15:51

Roleplay - To act out a particular role

Like that of a neocron citizen

Jesterthegreat
22-01-05, 15:55

ROLEPLAY - the excuse people use to do whatever the fuck they want...

:edit: i dont see why we cant roleplay people speak multiple languages...

Genty
22-01-05, 16:15
Roleplay - To act out a particular role

Like that of a neocron citizen

So this restricts the use of a particular language...because?

Dribble Joy
22-01-05, 16:38
ROLEPLAY - the excuse people use to do whatever the fuck they want...
There are three kinds or RP.
The one you listed, which though it isn't really RP, can't be argued as such because you can't determine (even if blatently obvious) whether it is or not.

Then you have RP where you select a role and play it. Unfortunately this cannot be distinguished from the first, unless you are a carebear :rolleyes:.

Then you have RP where you play a predesignated role. Eg. Crahn sect fanatic, Merc, etc.
Easier to distiguish from the first type, but will still be discarded as an excuse if you actually try to do anything that might upset someone.