PDA

View Full Version : Where is everyone?

mishkin
18-01-05, 00:31
What's happened to this community? What's happened to the population of the servers? If it doesn't go up soon, I'm gonna do something else, like play offline games... O_o

Is it the griefing that's pushed people away? Does it have anything to do with the asian release? Is it the "terra-incident"? Not knowing is making me frustrated, enlighten me :confused:

Dribble Joy
18-01-05, 00:35
There was at least 250 people on terra last night and mars is still heaving.

Though, that said, the forums are somewhat.... vacant.

I think it's due to there being (for want of a better phrase) nothing to talk about.

Selendor
18-01-05, 01:37
We're just waiting for the long overdue year plan from KK. You know, the company that makes the game. Easy to forget atm... ;)

Mr Kot
18-01-05, 02:16
Is it the griefing that's pushed people away? Does it have anything to do with the asian release? Is it the "terra-incident"?

Asian release: doubt it

Terra incident: possibly contributed to a significant migration to Mars

Griefing: highly likely

Latent Entropy
18-01-05, 02:19
Allied Griefing: highly likely
**FIXED** :angel:

Mr Kot
18-01-05, 02:20
Please don't misquote me. I didn't once say "allied".

Redburn
18-01-05, 07:28
Tonight was the first time I logged into Terra where the pop. was above 10% it was almost 20% as for the other servers I haven't seen the French server above 0% in the past three days so that could mean there is less then 10 people playing in it?

LiL T
18-01-05, 07:35
Humm indeed .....

Is it this week or next they will post some info ? O_o errr next month next year ?

Darak
18-01-05, 10:20
Terra incident: possibly contributed to a significant migration to Mars
It killed what was left of our clan, the rest of us moved to mars. Never really noticed the pking crap on terra.

jernau
18-01-05, 10:21
Most people seem to prefer online games that are populated, reliable, persistant and contain dynamic content.

Picky buggers. O_o

Original monk
18-01-05, 10:24
i rechecked my old screenshots, from beta over early retail till now :mad:

there's SO many names i saw that i would love to see again, so many good people that left the community due to many diffrent situations, fuckups etc ...

i wont gonna post a list of names, instead when i got time this evening i gonna post some screens how plaza REALLY should look like ... filled to the knock with people, atleast 10 people in PP1 every day having fun, showing weapons, discussing setups and duelling ...

when i play neocron at the moment it feels like i got the whole game to myself, empty deserted streets, no plaza's with 50 people, no groups of people leveling at the aggy's ...

when i rechecked my screens i dunno wheter i should smile or cry :/

mishkin
18-01-05, 11:40
I'm getting a feeling that everyone's in WoW now :(

t0tt3
18-01-05, 13:53
No high lvl content what so ever and there are no enemies....
TBH that aint so good =)

Was thinking to give my herc to a nib.. to bad it expires today ;)

zii
18-01-05, 13:58
I think it was shit talk that killed it and general bitching, whether warrented or not. If someone comes to this forum to get an idea of the game... Well, I rather they played it instead. Still, far be it from me to spoil peoples' fun.

18-01-05, 14:17
Where is everyone?

in Guildford

But seriously I don't think WoW should take too much of the credit/blame (delete as applicable) because it hasn't launched in Europe......yet (especially with all the server downtime I keep hearing about)

I think the root problem (like it or not) is KK. If KK actually did something about the outstanding issues/problems perhaps players wouldn't leave or be so bored they need to PK/grief all the time (causing others to leave) because there's nothing else to do [that is worth doing]

Not a personal opinion, just an observation.

Original monk
18-01-05, 14:18
Was thinking to give my herc to a nib.. to bad it expires today ;)

helloew theyre, i yost sterted ploying ind i neewd sumething help to starwt ouwt if youwl liek yo con alweys hilp a noowbie ouwt wwith soeme gaer

youw con alweys dorect messoge mi if youwle liek

hehe nm :D

Jesterthegreat
18-01-05, 14:35
Griefing: highly likely

tbh every single problem with NC is caused by PKers... really... its their fault... every last problem...

:rolleyes:

Xer
18-01-05, 14:53
I think we all knew what was going to happen in this game, especialyl after years of NC1. First people just get bored, notice the attention of the GMs and support begins to lack, events are stretched thin, the only new content being the bugs they create each patch. The word of NC2 spread like wild fire and the antisipation kicked in, rumours of it's changes and crazy new features, people were still bored but had something to look forward to, despite being given the cold shoulder before. Then NC2 arrived, late, lacking half of it's so called features (Player run shops anyone? i can bet that cost the servers a good deal of people on it's own, just turns some people on i guess? :) Imagine seeing a list of multi slot CS/HL or some shit on sale in a player run shop for a couple of mil because you got a CST char..) but still, this wans NC2! the revolution! and true, it did bring some changes and features, the vehicles are fun and the new epics hold at least some interest. However once again, the population is slipping into another down, epics are completed, players are capped, theres still little in the way of contact from KK and the GMs with regards to bugs in hacknet and misplaced models on peoples heads, how hard can it be to fix? you can't leave things like that in game, it makes everyone look stupid, the devs too.
So, i guess the server pop fluxuates on many things, but a lot of people see the next big down as the end, and leave. But it's all happened before. Shame people are switching servers though :( It's like the titanic sinking and everyone wants a life raft..

Ministry
18-01-05, 15:29
sry griefers aint the problem, ok ive been killed a few times by allies(which isnt griefing btw as some seem to think).

all in all ive only been killed a few times, dont mean i like allie killing i dont i dislike it very much.

but i can deal with it.

but would a few allied pkers really make all those people leave O_o

the fact that DoY has been out for what 6 7 months(?) and a number of the features that they were "promising" aint there, coupled with number of other games throw in the terra problem and you got the answer, its not one thing, its just a combination of a lot of things.

though like original says the games almost a ghost town, i remember plaza 2 used to be full on saturn, always people about(ya im aware some are now in the dome) but now yor lucky to get 5 or 6 people in and around plaza.

Bugs Gunny
18-01-05, 15:45
Some people might think this is someone that hacked my account but.....

Allied killers are not the reason why people leave the game. (ouch i said it)
It makes people go to the other side, it makes people mad, it's against the whole faction system etc......

What did drive people away was the initial disappointment of NC2.
People that were in closed beta all were convinced this would happen with the time they had left and the state the game was in.
The fact that half of the promised stuff is ingame, and as for the other half i'm not so cinfident it'll ever be in nc2.

Another thing was the release of WOW. My NC1 clan died to NC2 (all but two left), then WOW took away 50% of the people i still knew.

As for the hair bugs, and the clothing bugs.... I'll bet KK will wait on fixing this when they implement hairdressers and clothing changers again. This should be able to fix the tables in the database.

18-01-05, 16:29
While you may not attribute (allied)PK/griefing to be a big cause (or perhaps even a cause at all) here is a little proof that it is a factor for some people

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=121601

Selendor
18-01-05, 16:35
Slices from the Stunted Neocron Apple:

- Late Saturn Rollback
- NC1->NC2
- Click 2 Pay Amateurs
- End of Trial accounts
- Wow launches in US
- Big KK holiday through December when most players have free time and wanted to play.

Result? Only the core is left.

But after all this I think that an awful lot of people still have active accounts and are just not playing, numbers can still go up if KK come back from their long break and do some good things. But I truly think that February, and the European WoW launch, should be worrying people alot.

Please insert rotten apples / bad apples pun as required ;)

Dribble Joy
18-01-05, 17:35
When did they end trial accounts?

Afaik, the 10 day trial is still open...

Mr Kot
18-01-05, 18:31
- Big KK holiday through December when most players have free time and wanted to play.
not to mention that Terra just happened to hiccup as the staff were locking up for the hols.

Not really KK's fault, but very VERY unlucky timing.

Siygess
18-01-05, 18:36
Where is everyone? Hmm, a tricky question to answer without "bashing" KK. I don’t know about anyone else, but I feel like a would-be deserter from a unit destined for the Somme - I know that I would be leaving my friends behind, but those who remain are marching towards a dark, uncertain and violently short future.

The lack of momentum for NC2 has really disappointed many, including myself, and although I welcomed the safe-zone changes, the consequences were both unforeseen and dramatic. I can honestly say that I haven't logged in since the first outbreak of allied killing on Terra. I can't help it; I'm that kind of person (i.e.: carebear) who will happily die at the hands of the enemy thanks to my inferior PvP skills, but can not abide the blatant disregard for the system when allies are the ones doing the killing. I'm sure I'm not the only one, and it leads nicely onto another aspect of the game that I think has put many players off - politics.

Now to be fair, this issue has always been around, but since NC2 the issue has become much more prevalent, especially in the area of allied - allied relations. In Vampire: Bloodlines, you catch glimpses of the politics behind the game. Trying to be machiavellian in nature, you can feel constrained by the rules and the politics, but rarely (or never in my case) feel that your entertainment has been lessened because of them. If politics were a deliberate and established part of Neocron, I could almost enjoy them but they are not: The politics are not part of the game, they are part of the meta-game, and players bring these politics to Neocron to it's detriment.. and to make matters worse, THEY JUST DONT CARE.

"My way or the highway", "Do this or we'll KoS you", "Don't do this or we'll KoS you" .. all examples of players leaping on the opportunity to impose their own rules on other players that work against, and not with, the spirit of the game.

Bah, this is two paragraphs away from turning into some half-assed leaving post, so I'm going to stop now.

For the sake of entertainment, why can't we all just get along? :rolleyes:

Mr Kot
18-01-05, 18:40
Where is everyone? Hmm, a tricky question to answer without "bashing" KK. I don’t know about anyone else, but I feel like a would-be deserter from a unit destined for the Somme - I know that I would be leaving my friends behind, but those who remain are marching towards a dark, uncertain and violently short future.

The lack of momentum for NC2 has really disappointed many, including myself, and although I welcomed the safe-zone changes, the consequences were both unforeseen and dramatic. I can honestly say that I haven't logged in since the first outbreak of allied killing on Terra. I can't help it; I'm that kind of person (i.e.: carebear) who will happily die at the hands of the enemy thanks to my inferior PvP skills, but can not abide the blatant disregard for the system when allies are the ones doing the killing. I'm sure I'm not the only one, and it leads nicely onto another aspect of the game that I think has put many players off - politics.

Now to be fair, this issue has always been around, but since NC2 the issue has become much more prevalent, especially in the area of allied - allied relations. In Vampire: Bloodlines, you catch glimpses of the politics behind the game. Trying to be machiavellian in nature, you can feel constrained by the rules and the politics, but rarely (or never in my case) feel that your entertainment has been lessened because of them. If politics were a deliberate and established part of Neocron, I could almost enjoy them but they are not: The politics are not part of the game, they are part of the meta-game, and players bring these politics to Neocron to it's detriment.. and to make matters worse, THEY JUST DONT CARE.

"My way or the highway", "Do this or we'll KoS you", "Don't do this or we'll KoS you" .. all examples of players leaping on the opportunity to impose their own rules on other players that work against, and not with, the spirit of the game.

Bah, this is two paragraphs away from turning into some half-assed leaving post, so I'm going to stop now.

For the sake of entertainment, why can't we all just get along? :rolleyes:

Well said.

Dribble Joy
18-01-05, 18:48
The very nature and intent of this game's 'open' political system, is to create an atmosphere of mistrust, of gangs controlling the streets. This is a cyber punk post apocalyptic world after all.
Obvisously this can lead to 'bad' stuff happening.

As I said in another thread, the problem is that cause and effect is nearly non existant in NC. Allied killing holds no tangible effect on the runner's lives.
Yet we should not control what we cannot and can do ingame.

jernau
18-01-05, 18:51
... safe-zone changes, the consequences were both unforeseen and dramatic
Hardly unforseen. Many people said exactly this would happen.

Cubico
18-01-05, 18:52
Not really KK's fault, but very VERY unlucky timing.

Imagine its summer, you want to start your holidays but you cant because all pilots, stewardesses are on holiday too.

Siygess
18-01-05, 18:58
No, because the politics we are seeing in game are only emulating this "cyberpunk" feeling by accident - these are firmly meta-game politics. When players begin accusing each other of things and hostility is rife (and I'm talking PLAYERS, not characters) purely because they are in a different clan or have a different view of the politics, things are out of control. There is limited functionality for politics within the game, yes, but it has no meaning because as you say, there are no consequences. Take for example some people I know in game, and some people I know as players, but have not met in game. There is irrational hatred between them simply because they percieve each other as the scum of the earth.. people they wouldn't waste spit on, and this is how they feel about each other as players.. yet I know both parties to be decent individuals, and I don't say that about everyone. It's the politics of this game that has caused this - so can you really tell me that this outcome is part of KK's intent?

No, I don't think so. :(

EDIT: @Jernau: Sorry, I should have pointed out that they were unforseen by KK, not by members of the community.

2nd Edit:
Yet we should not control what we cannot and can do ingame. We, no. KK, yes. I believe that KK can and must enforce rules on this game that control how we play, because that is the key word. Game. This is not some virtual social sandbox experiment where a few hundred personalities collide and KK sit's back and goes "Hmm, interesting." - This is a game, a game we pay to play, and games have to have rules to let you know where you stand. No one in their right mind should be paying a subscription fee for Anarchy.. yet that is exactly what most of us are doing.

Dribble Joy
18-01-05, 19:06
Why not?

'Irrational' hatred between people that are otherwise perfectly normal is common in real life. Why should that capacity somehow be missing in a game environment?

Siygess
18-01-05, 19:14
For exactly that reason. It IS perfectly normal in real life, but acknowledgement of this does not make it acceptable, and a game that people - even minors are playing - should NOT encourage it. Neocron was pretty "out there" when it first came out, but I dont believe that KK ever intended a political system to develop that fuels the fire of humanity's most unforgivable traits in people. Characters yes, but people no.

berty
18-01-05, 19:26
theme week anyone?

The curent SL and Faction/Clan sympathies isnt right, and wont be right until a major rework is done, the fact that old animosities have been brought across and random Allied Pking (because I can mentallity) or just to get a rise so a higher level runner comes on for a bit of competition is wrong.

I doubt KK expected this but now its here it needs to be looked into, allowing clans to declare "wars" on other factions/Clans would be a good start and having those factions/Clans change red to each other would assit with a lot of allied Pking.

Maybe the introduction of higher penalties for blue on blue - maybe an enforced SI for x minutes, coupled to the level or rank that youve just pkd :-

you lvl 50/50 kill n00b 20/20

30 ranks difference you get 15% SI for 15 minutes.

my thoughts

ROZZER187
18-01-05, 19:35
theme week anyone?

you lvl 50/50 kill n00b 20/20

30 ranks difference you get 15% SI for 15 minutes.

my thoughts

good idea but how long would it last till someone goes griefing on a lvl 20 while his m8 waits round the corner on his hacker.

the clan war system needs a fix, declared wars that are accepted have no sl or symp loss.

declared wars that dont get accepted will result on a sl loss to minus 16??
same goes for allied pk'ing

paolo escobar
18-01-05, 19:39
Siygess, u have got it spot on there.
I just hope the kids dont get baffled by what you say, ppl take time to think about it and look at the "big" picture of Neocron.

Its actually quite disturbing :(
But at the moment i think it is playing a major part in the current affairs of neocron as a game and community.

Also boredom and frustration is evident among players, from what is said in THIS thread and on THESE forums.
Lack of content for high level characters,
Unfinished additions to the game,
Bugged/Not working additions to the game,
Long running gameplay bugs,
Hollow promises from KK,
Terrible choice payment vendor (tho it wasnt a choice for KK),
& lack of communication...
... to name but a few of the reasons.

KK really need to work hard to deliver promises they made.

If KK are not worried about the coming months, i what to know why not? Because from what i have seen/done myself (i'm no angel but i'm certainly not the devil either), from what i have been told from good friends who i trust and from what i read on the forums there seems to be a very real reason to worry.
Are we the players/paying customers not taken seriously by the developers?

LiL T
18-01-05, 19:40
I think the theme weeks were a good start, but what I think people are after is a little bit more info. Games like EVE-online have this KK should look at how there site is layed out and learn from it. There should be like a DEV blog updated once every so often, once every two weeks would be great with some screen shots and a little writeup about the progress. Forgive me if there allready is something like this, but if there is then its not clearly visable and won't get read.

There needs to be a big LINK on the first page of the site labeled DEV BLOG or something so everyone can see it. Even better would be some small preview screens eg.< New hacknet boss > with screenshots of what it looks like etc. Then we can go cool that is progress and have something to look forward to, because atm we got nothing to look forward to. We are sitting in the dark here allways wondering WTF is going on ? O_o

/EDIT

I also think KK are listening too much to the Community and I think this is hurting the game. Theres too many fucking know it all's in here, in the months comming up to release of NC2 people where whining about the character models. KK should not listen to this kind of unconstructive rants there was nothing wrong with the models !! look at the character models in other games they look like shite imo. AO omg are they meant to be people ? it just seems when ever something new is added there allways one HL2 player who shouts out and says its poor graphics blah blah.

Darth Slayer
18-01-05, 19:46
Am playing WoW Euro Final beta atm.
I'll pop by from time to time Neocron is still my first true love........ :lol:

Scorpius.

berty
18-01-05, 19:48
Problem is that the low sl dosent bother people - 20 minutes at the bunker and their back to 20 again ready to PK again, something needs to be put in place to "curb" the need to ally PK - the ally system is there (I assume) to allow people to team and be all matey etc and in an rp sense its suppose to work, its not supposed to be a "I hate you you die now noob" its (as DJ says) a dark cyberpunk world but even in those there are loose affiliations and rules and codes of conduct - why not allow each person, clan to choose their own allegiances - having a fixed set but 2/3 changeable - ie

CMs neutral to all except TG
you could change it to be

CMs neutral to all except TG and BD, allied to biotech

the allegiances are fixed ie CM vs TG cannot be changed (fixed animosity), and Biotech Vs BD (fixed animosity) but the rest are free to pick and choose per either clan or player (Clan probably).

the thought - with an alliance you cannot PK them - it acts like an LE, neutral you can pk to your hearts content but each runner you kill inflicts 10% SI and -10 to SL, Red=dead - no loss of anything. In warzones you can PK to your hearts content.

This allows for all clans to adhere loosely to their Factions belief but also form their own set of guidance and rules/friends etc. It takes away the need to stick purely to old faction allegances and allows a sense of controlling your own fate within the world, if you dont like the allegancies of your clan move clans or move factions.

(and this would work much better on a 1 slot :))

LiL T
18-01-05, 20:00
This is what should happen, there should be a new zone called city zone, in that zone you can't attack allied runners ever. However you can attack enemy runners because in RL thats what would happen there enemy red=dead. Do you really think people would kill and ally infront of 10 copbots ? Pepper park and the abandoned sectors in DOY should be made into warzones where there is no SL loss for killing anyone. This way if someone or clan wants to play as a gang of thugs and killers they can but only where there are no cops.

18-01-05, 20:01
I firmly believe that there are [alot] of people playing Neocron mainly/purely because it can be played as 'Deathmatch Quake with levels' (i.e. time grinding out levels can be used to massively offset PvP skills against a player with less time and therefore a lower ranked runner)

If (massive 'if') to impliment some kind of PvP control where ) runners (and teams of runners) could only attack other runners (or teams) of a comparable rank (and I'm not for a moment suggesting this is a remotely easy thing to do - AO didn't get it right in many people's opinion) perhaps we'd see this problem in decline because you'd only get [supposedly] 'fair' fights

Unfortunately that will probably lead to the departure of quite a few players, players that may now be in the majority (unfortunately) and I suspect KK is reluctant to lose any more customers.....

Jesterthegreat
18-01-05, 21:15
While you may not attribute (allied)PK/griefing to be a big cause (or perhaps even a cause at all) here is a little proof that it is a factor for some people

theres someone who should have left his LE in... he quit cos he died again and again.

racing games = no death.

pokemon = no death.

Jesterthegreat
18-01-05, 21:16
good idea but how long would it last till someone goes griefing on a lvl 20 while his m8 waits round the corner on his hacker.

suits me... my PKer is 7/xx :p

phear my rusty double edged sword of fully cappedness...

:edit: ah crap... double post

Original monk
18-01-05, 21:32
ok i recheked my old screens again and gonna make a post with only screens trying to capture NC1 :)

QuantumDelta
18-01-05, 21:47
Slices from the Stunted Neocron Apple:

- Late Saturn Rollback
- NC1->NC2
- Click 2 Pay Amateurs
- End of Trial accounts
- Wow launches in US

You missed a few;

-horrific community
-Un-Newbie Friendly nature of the game
-Lack of deep and involving content for capped characters meaning the whole game is basically: Politics, and PvP. - Wow... Wankers yelling at eachother and asshats ganking eachother.
-Original Accounts Problems (People have problems similar to C2P originally in NC1).
-Botched US release / support / customer satisfaction.
-Botched Uranus Server causes either mass exodus from server, or from game.
-Little - to - no advertism outside Germany (A Trend so far continued into NC2 and may ........one day........ change?).
-Patch 165.
-balance patches that don't really balance, just make chars feel like you're playing a cripple and forcing it to dance.
-Lack of communication from KK during most of NC1.
-KKs big holiday period End 2003 Start 2004.
-Continued inability to support their own promises and objectives, and inability to manage customer expectations.
-Continued badly implemented great concepts and rushed ideas making the ingame stability, even worse.
-Traditional Neocron Unreliability.

I'm sure I missed some too.

LiL T
18-01-05, 22:17

After reading that persons leaving thread I could not help laughing my head off, could not function anymore due to greif killing !! WTF he must of been the person everyone loves to hate :rolleyes:

I see his leaving thread as nothing more than a pathetic whine ..

Tostino
18-01-05, 22:19
theres someone who should have left his LE in... he quit cos he died again and again.

racing games = no death.

pokemon = no death.
Maby some people want to kill reds... You shouldent have to watch your fucking back in a place that is filled with greens.

LiL T
18-01-05, 22:27
You missed a few;

-horrific community
-Un-Newbie Friendly nature of the game
-Lack of deep and involving content for capped characters meaning the whole game is basically: Politics, and PvP. - Wow... Wankers yelling at eachother and asshats ganking eachother.
-Original Accounts Problems (People have problems similar to C2P originally in NC1).
-Botched US release / support / customer satisfaction.
-Botched Uranus Server causes either mass exodus from server, or from game.
-Little - to - no advertism outside Germany (A Trend so far continued into NC2 and may ........one day........ change?).
-Patch 165.
-balance patches that don't really balance, just make chars feel like you're playing a cripple and forcing it to dance.
-Lack of communication from KK during most of NC1.
-KKs big holiday period End 2003 Start 2004.
-Continued inability to support their own promises and objectives, and inability to manage customer expectations.
-Continued badly implemented great concepts and rushed ideas making the ingame stability, even worse.
-Traditional Neocron Unreliability.

I'm sure I missed some too.

Agree to every single one of these points

This one is so true in NC1 mainly I have ran around ganking, I pay my moneys worth so I expect to do something which is fun and makes me laugh. I'm not just gonna run around killing WB's allday fuck that shit its boring wheres the damn CONTENT ?? if there was something else to do I would not have to go out and PK every red I see

jernau
18-01-05, 22:30
horrific community
The community is what you make of it IMO. For every outstanding retard I've met here I've met at least one real gem, even now. Admitedly there was a time when the "good" people outnumbered the idiots ten to one but that's often the case when a game is new. Familiarity breeds contempt, as they say and it's not a Neocron problem it's in every game and community.

Botched Uranus Server causes either mass exodus from server, or from game.
hmmm... I know this is your bugbear but I'm not convinced it had that big an impact compared to the other items listed. It happened during a time when optimism was still rampant after all.

Patch 165? (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=202) :p

Actually, maybe I'm getting old or maybe I'm too jaded to care now but none of this really bothers me anymore. KK have screwed up frequently and often in grand proportions and we all got caught up in it and expressed ourselves freely on here.

It's pretty much over now one way or another as far as I'm concerned and it's taught me a lot I would never have known otherwise. For all the bad KK have done they gave us a good ride - after all what's a good story without some tragedy.

If I were KK I know what options I'd be looking at right now for the future and none of them involve the current English NC community. Many recent events make me think at least some people there think the same way and as sad as it would once have made me I would like to see them do what needs to be done.

Lexxuk
18-01-05, 22:53
The community is what you make of it IMO. For every outstanding retard I've met here I've met at least one real gem, even now.

you talking about me again? :D good, get of "away" and figure this "use whilst instead of do while" marlarky for me :p

Oh ya, I paid for "upgrade" from NC1 to NC2 for one of my chars, sex'd doc quinn, anna, mab's, did BT epic after changing from Next (meh shoulda done next epic first, oh well) and aint logged in since.

Oh i bought a flashlight too, game just isnt exciting tbh

/edit
Retail Patch #165
This patch fixed 2 bugs introduced with #164, sorry for that
O_o

MkVenner
18-01-05, 22:59
i dunno what it is, but i didnt play NC very often at all from about the beginning of NC, but recently ive gotten sorta of a second wind...

well 4th to be totally honest

dunno what it is, another thing is ive been RPing alot more recently...

Jesterthegreat
19-01-05, 00:24
Maby some people want to kill reds... You shouldent have to watch your fucking back in a place that is filled with greens.

the day i stop watching my back is the day i quit.

besides... P2 and P3 are raided multiple times daily (by reds)... why stay unbuffed cos you assume you are safe?

MkVenner
19-01-05, 00:27
i dunno what it is, but i didnt play NC very often at all from about the beginning of NC, but recently ive gotten sorta of a second wind...

well 4th to be totally honest

dunno what it is, another thing is ive been RPing alot more recently...

thats beginning of December not NC....common mistake there http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/redface.gif

Ozzon
19-01-05, 00:32
I reactivated my account for the 5th time few days ago but I'm still thinking if I should install NC2 or not... O_o

why should I, if nothing has changed from the last time I've been playing. 8|

QuantumDelta
19-01-05, 02:21
My Bad. (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=198)

zii
19-01-05, 03:19
Jaded, like jenau. Still playing and enjoying it. More people please, and those haircuts make kk look inept. I can't be arsed to complain.

Dribble Joy
19-01-05, 03:43
For exactly that reason. It IS perfectly normal in real life, but acknowledgement of this does not make it acceptable, and a game that people - even minors are playing - should NOT encourage it.
Stifling a person/person's character ability to do something only breeds frustration and in the end, resentment. This will only end up being expressed in other, far less healthy ways.

I don't think NC does encourage people to be 'evil', the very nature of the internet's anonymity, will allways encourage people to consider actions that they would not otherwise contemplate.
This goes back to cause and effect. People don't do stuff, because they know that the repercussions would be too great.
So again, instead of restricting a persons capability for hatred or 'bad' behaviour, you make them thing about it first, even the smallest pause can suddenly switch the mind into considering what it is doing and about to do.

The problem now is that of the player - character bond.
In the real world, stuff happens to the player directly, he interacts with people, he walks the streets, etc.
In the game world, the character is a link between what happens and the player.
This link is like a mafia boss or company director controlling a henchman or manager.
The as in the real world, the closer the link, the more tangable and real the feelings that are directed at the character, are felt by the player.

Closing this link down as much as possible is one way of doing the above of making people act in the game world more like they would in the real world.

Regarding KK:
The wheels of KK turn slowly, things do get done, the problem being is that even the smallest change takes too long for the patience of most people to bridge.

Dr Strange
19-01-05, 07:13
Am playing WoW Euro Final beta atm.
I'll pop by from time to time Neocron is still my first true love........ :lol:

Scorpius.

harvey's playing wow ;(

19-01-05, 12:44
After reading that persons leaving thread I could not help laughing my head off, could not function anymore due to greif killing !! WTF he must of been the person everyone loves to hate :rolleyes:

I see his leaving thread as nothing more than a pathetic whine ..

Which actually proves a point that I made earlier

You are unable/unwilling to accept his view of the game/chosen style of gameplay yet you expect him to accept/deal with yours (not directed at you personally I should add).

LiL T
19-01-05, 14:48

You are unable/unwilling to accept his view of the game/chosen style of gameplay yet you expect him to accept/deal with yours (not directed at you personally I should add).

I can see his game style and respect that, but he has made out that he is getting killed constantly. He must have pissed some people off, its really not that hard to avoid getting killed. But its just as easy to get ganked all the time if you annoy people enough

Jesterthegreat
19-01-05, 14:50

cos theres no way at all to avoid pvp... right? :rolleyes:

19-01-05, 15:51
cos theres no way at all to avoid pvp... right? :rolleyes:

Not if youre above rank 30 and took your LE out (possibly to only complete an Epic because its something to do....)

Problem is, allow the LE to be replanted too easily and all you PvP types will be back here complaining about invulnerable spys/smack talkers etc etc.......

I'm not saying I have the answer(s), I'm just saying some people need to stop pretending their not part of the problem and take some responsibility for their actions

Tostino
19-01-05, 17:58
the day i stop watching my back is the day i quit.
Maybe thats a good thing :p

40$Poser
19-01-05, 18:13
I think the biggest issue here is that terra is still got the messed up character models, and since the incident the migration or leaving of players has caused it to become a small, uninteresting world. Who honestly can have fun playing with 10 people online at night? That's not many people and honestly it just isn't that busy and doesn't scream 'This is gonna be around for a while so I can keep spending my nights playing this mmorpg.'

Something needs to be said, done, if any hope is wanted to restore a functional, decent sized server population for terra.

Darth Slayer
19-01-05, 20:27
harvey's playing wow ;(
LMAO I've not quit, you my clan and a few others are what keep me in this game. It;s certainly not the bugs and fatals...... :D

Scorpius.

Oath
19-01-05, 20:32
LMAO I've not quit, you my clan and a few others are what keep me in this game. It;s certainly not the bugs and fatals...... :D

Scorpius.

*sniff* you said you loved me!!!

:(

Jesterthegreat
19-01-05, 22:10
Maybe thats a good thing :p

you are of course entitled to your opinion.

tiikeri
19-01-05, 23:47
_o/ enjoying EU WoW FB.

<3 the stable client and no synchs.

I really had my peak moment today when i started new human priest(after i had tested out all the classes and played em to 10+ lvl + my cute gnome warlock who's lvl 20) and killed lvl 13 troll priest at lvl 5 with lvl 5 mage.. boy we had a good laugh on that noob who had somehow managed to find his way to the humans starting place.

I still have both my nc accounts active and i hang on coms. but rarely log on and when i do, i get pissed off in 2minutes because i have to relog 3+ times to get in the game without --==== SYNCHRONIZINGGGGGGG ====--.
And prolly crash when zoning couple times.

Darth Slayer
20-01-05, 00:43
*sniff* you said you loved me!!!

:(
That was only so I could get you into bed......... :p

Scorpius.

Oath
20-01-05, 02:56
That was only so I could get you into bed......... :p

Scorpius.

:eek:

:lol: