PDA

View Full Version : Does any of this happen on Terra??

Capt. Rik
17-01-05, 22:14
Ceres Project Information
The Ceres Project is a medium to further roleplay. A multitude of different roleplay characters playing actively among the players, should allow players to live a more intensive experience of the game content. There are three different types of these roleplay characters to cover all aspects of the game.

The Reporter

You may find reporters anywhere an exciting or possibly even sensational story can be discovered. Never resting, the reporters follow the current events and capture them for future generations. Reporters are active both in Neocron and Dome of York to be able to follow events all over the world. Any Runner interested in having his story conserved for the posterity should establish a good relationship with the reporter of his choice.

Stories, articles or news created by Runners within the context of the Neocron 2 game world will eventually be published in the known Neocron 2 media (e.g. Neocronicle).

The Job Dealer

„These Job Dealers are like shadows! She appeared out of nowhere in this dark alley. Pretty mysterious, but after the initial shock she offered me an interesting job I could not say no to.“, Pauly „Chrome“ Fitzgerald, Runner

Job Dealers offer all kinds of jobs depending on the development level of the player. Successfully completed jobs are being noted by the Job Dealer and the player will be considered for future missions. This system allows players to be specifically recruited at a later time for a certain task they have to complete as a team.

Due to the large amount of participating players, Job Dealers will not be able to recruit a specific player regularly for several jobs within a short amount of time. The Job Dealers work with “job packages” that contain a certain amount of missions which will be offered for a certain amount of time. This should allow a large number of players to participate in the project.

To be able to get a task from a Job Dealer, you will have to follow a couple of fundamental rules:

The Job Dealer approaches the player to offer jobs. Players who constantly request jobs and thereby keep him from working will be blacklisted and will not be offered any future jobs. This does not mean you’re not allowed to talk to the Job Dealers, but please don’t abuse them.

Players who purposely hinder, block or even attack Job Dealers will be warned and in severe cases their account will be temporarily suspended.

The Alliance Leader/ The City Governor

Both the Alliance Leader (Dome of York) and City Governor (Neocron City) maintain order and coherence within their factions. Both positions represent the highest authorities in their territory as they have a lot of power and resources.

Our goal is to get the players to get more involved with their faction, the Alliance Leader/City Governor will aim to motivate the players by relaying the storyline and encouraging the players to roleplay within this setting. In addition, the elected player councils will be aided and their political actions will be supported as long as they are in line with the goals of the respective faction.

Official titles of the Ceres Project Team

You can see the rank of an RP-character in the target box below her/his nickname:

· DoY Reporter

· Neocron Reporter

· CityMercs Reporter

· DoY Job Dealer

· Neocron Job Dealer

· CityMercs Job Dealer

· Neocron City Govenor

· DoY Alliance Leader

Contact persons for the Ceres Project Team

The Event Officials are the direct contacts in case of questions, complaints and applications concerning the Event Gamemaster Team. All inquiries directed towards the Event Officials have to be sent to their respective email address.

Cos this sounds really cool...

Dribble Joy
17-01-05, 22:17
Yes it does happen, though not much.

Has been 'active' since the beginning of NC2.

Not sure why it has gone down as of late.

Hell-demon
17-01-05, 22:33
do you think the reporters will accept my stories?

Nidhogg
17-01-05, 22:54
do you think the reporters will accept my stories?
Only one way to find out. ;)

N

NeoDriver
17-01-05, 23:35
i have been "looking" for a job dealer can never find one though :(

MkVenner
18-01-05, 00:37
I know it happens on terra, but like once in a blue moon, stuff like that happening alot more would be sweet. Im a merc, a hired gun, a dog of war, assassin, body guard, and maybe a theif if the price is right, and some guy stepping out of a darkened ally as i stumple out of a far and offering me a job would be so insanely sweet, a datacube with a briefing, recon and objectives, and a big fat paycheck....would certainly beat just running around looking for a fight...

Capt. Rik
18-01-05, 00:43
I know it happens on terra, but like once in a blue moon, stuff like that happening alot more would be sweet. Im a merc, a hired gun, a dog of war, assassin, body guard, and maybe a theif if the price is right, and some guy stepping out of a darkened ally as i stumple out of a far and offering me a job would be so insanely sweet, a datacube with a briefing, recon and objectives, and a big fat paycheck....would certainly beat just running around looking for a fight...

Yeah i'd be really up for that but i'd never heard of it until I read the neocron homepage

MkVenner
18-01-05, 00:46
well ive been watching Ultimate Force on ITV and i just thought it'd be sweet to do special forces style missions lol....

Dribble Joy
18-01-05, 00:54
well ive been watching Ultimate Force on ITV and i just thought it'd be sweet to do special forces style missions lol....
I've seen some of the trailers for that.

Looks terrible....

MkVenner
18-01-05, 00:56
meh its entertaining :p

Hell-demon
18-01-05, 01:22
Niddy how can they see my work if they arent about. But if any one wants a shady character stepping out of shadows Im ya man. I probably wont have anything useful to say. But then again no change there :D

SypH
18-01-05, 01:34
There was a random event on terra this evening. CMaster was calling over alliance chat that he had been kidnapped and needed rescuing.

First job was finding him. We found him in Industrial Sector 2 underneath the metal grates around the GR room. We had to fight past mutants, preachers and the launchers to reach him only to find the path blocked off. This led to the wonderful jaunt through the mainsewer. Things went quietly until we started running into large groups of launcher cyclop mobs lying in wait for us.

Finally fought our way past to reach CMaster. SanityisLost, Cmaster and I started to head out but got mysteriously seperated. Luckily CMaster and I met up with a large group that had come to assist with the rescue. One the way out we encountered more resistane, including ceres warriors. Finally after a running battle we made it out into the relative safety of Pepper Park 3 and headed to Cmasters appartment for refreshment and some time spent with some of Pepper Parks finest working girls. That was the moment I was shocked to find out my APU was a female. I've worn that PA too long.......

....rumour has it there was something else waiting for us down there. Something big. Luckily we never ran into it, but I wonder if it's still skulking about the sewers.

paolo escobar
18-01-05, 01:37
Cmaster, grats on a heroic event there man. MOre MORE moRE :)

Also.......

lol grant mitchell with his 2 facial expressions, angry and even more angry.
Mincing around like he's in the sas, giving it some beans with his squaddie/regiment mates.
And then there is the tense, highly charged and twisting story lines.

Grant should take my advice, go back to walford, break his brother phil out of prison, kick that shandy drinking, wide boi, eastend cray wannabe Andy's face in. Then turn their attentions to getting even with diRRty den, gettin the queen vic back and letting alfie moon move back in and manage the place once again.
Now that should get decent viewing figures :)

MkVenner
18-01-05, 02:00
damn sounded fun...i always seem to miss the fin stuff...

CMaster
18-01-05, 02:35
Heh yeah, it was good fun. The dissapointing thing is that the GM had been looking for people for an hour before they found me. Whatever, once we met, we worked together on getting the event working, and keeping it going. I'd actually encorugaed the GM to spawn a 'boss' for us, possibly a juggernaut. However, we neded up avoiding some of the traps that were in wait for us. I don't know what they all were, but Krysm was laguhing evilliy over direct chat. I was encouraged to send event ideas through a helpdesk ticket, so I'm working on some.

Mr Kot
18-01-05, 04:21
i have been "looking" for a job dealer can never find one though :(

You don't find him, he finds you.

At least in my case. I was collared by the job dealer once asking for a constructor in my clan to help him with a mission. The mission was tip top secret, so i can't say any more ;)

Was fun tho :)

I've even seen the "Neocron City Govenor" (sic) as well. NOTE TO GMs: it's spelled "GOVERNOR" !!!!!!

Not very professional to misspell your own name badge :p