http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4179877.stm

There's only one word for that - "muppet"

Lexxuk
17-01-05, 16:21
"He's the luckiest guy, ever."

ya, so lucky a nail shot up his nose into his brain :lol: :lol:

Dribble Joy
17-01-05, 16:39
Mrs Lawler says her husband is thankful despite having no medical insurance and being faced with hospital bills of at least $80,000.
This is why I don't want to live in another country other than England, despite the state of the NHS.

Lexxuk
17-01-05, 17:00
This is why I don't want to live in another country other than England, despite the state of the NHS.

Tell me about it, you know how much all my lung tomfoolery would have cost me in America? 8|

Spermy
17-01-05, 20:02
"He's the luckiest guy, ever."

Alexes edit! "The Guy's a fucking moron."

nobby
17-01-05, 20:08
Teh hell do you not notice a nail go up your bloody nose into your brain?
you'd have to be american...

Lexxuk
17-01-05, 20:09
Teh hell do you not notice a nail go up your bloody nose into your brain?
you'd have to be american...

If you read the news item, its actually a common occurance where that chap is from, which kind of makes you wonder.

Terayon
17-01-05, 23:41
If i had a nail lodged in my brain, i could get it removed for free without medical insurance.

And ya you would think someone would notice a cold peice of iron penetrating their brain.

Genty
17-01-05, 23:48
"The doctors said, 'If you're going to have a nail in the brain, that's the way you want it to be,'" she said

Yeah, when it is due for me to get a nail in the head I want it done just like that!

Doctors at the hospital said it was the second time a patient had failed to notice a nailgun had fired a nail into their heads.

I am sorry....I fail to see how you can have a 4" nail in your head and not know how you got it there...how drugged up are these people?

The nail was embedded 4cm into his brain - barely missing his right eye.

it went 4cm into his brain and he is fine...says a lot really.

LOST
17-01-05, 23:52
suprised the americans just didnt go to the tool shed and pull out a claw hammer.
if he knew it was there....how would you not ??

jernau
17-01-05, 23:53
I am sorry....I fail to see how you can have a 4" nail in your head and not know how you got it there...how drugged up are these people?
It seems he worked out when it happened after they told him it was there.

Presumably along the lines of "oh yeah, I wondered what that blinding pain and metallic taste in my mouth was after the nail gun backfired"
8|

Lexxuk
17-01-05, 23:57
Does that mean nail guns now have to have a "warning, may impale into your brain via your nose" on them?

jernau
17-01-05, 23:58
Does that mean nail guns now have to have a "warning, may impale into your brain via your nose" on them?
Like this (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/01/14/toilet_brush_prize/) you mean?

Lexxuk
18-01-05, 00:01
Read that already a few days ago

"warning wearing superman costume will not give you the ability to fly"
"warning - may contain nuts" on a packet of nuts
"warning - may contain americans" on a map of the US :p

MkVenner
18-01-05, 02:56
when i had a saftey lecture thingy when i started a job at Fords the guy showed us these print outs about some guy who tried to scratch an itch with one of those flat woodcutting drill bits, slipped and switched it on and cut his face up pretty bad. He then proceeded to sue the company because there was no tag saying not to scratch your nose with it....

CerealKiller
18-01-05, 03:04
Holy Bajesus... that's all I have to say.

Mr Kot
18-01-05, 03:48
Doctors at the hospital said it was the second time a patient had failed to notice a nailgun had fired a nail into their heads.

So if i dust off my old poison modded TL31 Ryker legacy nailgun, i can shoot ppl in plaza all day long and they won't know?? :D

Xeno LARD
18-01-05, 14:24
So if i dust off my old poison modded TL31 Ryker legacy nailgun, i can shoot ppl in plaza all day long and they won't know?? :D

Get in line >_>.

Spermy
18-01-05, 14:51
Linky - same site :p (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/11/22/man_burns_penis_with_laptop/)

Revslad
18-01-05, 14:55
:D lmfao... sure he was fully clothed, filthy bastard! :lol:

Mr Kot
18-01-05, 19:08
I remember reading once of a warning label on a chainsaw that read, "Keep away from genitals"

I never thought this would be needed on a laptop too O_o

Xeno LARD
19-01-05, 02:31
I remember reading once of a warning label on a chainsaw that read, "Keep away from genitals"

I never thought this would be needed on a laptop too O_o

Can you not see the similarities?

Obsidian X
19-01-05, 19:18
Not as bad as that, but on the lid of my lava-lamp, it says "Do not drink contents of lava-lamp." O_o

jernau
19-01-05, 21:40
I had a hammer with "not be be used on people" (or words to that effect) on it. The really worrying thing wasn't a label, it was cut right into the metal presumably in case people ever forget such valuable advice.

Mr Kot
19-01-05, 21:41
"Do not drink contents of lava-lamp." O_o

Phew, i'm so glad that was pointed out to me in the nick of time. I was soooo thirsty and i looked past the fridge full of beer at my lava lamp and thought, "My, those blue and purple blobs look so tasty! I'll go grab a can opener and a straw."